• Published 10th Jan 2016
  • 659 Views, 6 Comments

Trial Of The Crown (to be reworked) - Bronyprophet



After Nightmare Moon is released from her bonds to Luna, and Twilight is the new ruler. A war breaks out, and peace is shattered, and the fate of Equestria and her new ruler will be tested. This is the Trial of The Crown.

  • ...
3
 6
 659

Chapter 9 Hidden Past

Twilight continued through the castle with her blade wielded by her side, when suddenly, she was ambushed by a group of voidlings. She teleported out of sight as the group entered the hallway. While they looked for her, she had already killed three with lightning fast reflexes; then she fired a beam of magic and killed the last voidling, turning it to ash.

The guards had been getting thicker the further she went down the path she chose. Twilight figured that she was on the right path. She saw a giant oak door with 20 voidling guards. She was out numbered but she was fuelled by something else; other than her mission, she had the fuel of vengeance. She would not die until her brother had been avenged.

Twilight charged alone into the battle against 20 voidlings; she raised her sword high before stopping once her blade was glowing. She thrust it into the ground, sending a white shock wave across the floor, knocking all of the voidlings to the ground, before teleporting and cutting 5 in half as she spun around, turning them to ash. Before she blocked an opposing blade with a shield she created, she detonated the shield, sending several into the air.

Twilight teleported to each one of the airborne guards, stabbing and slicing them, killing them as the fell to the ground, turning all 7 to ash. A second wave approached. She let loose six bolts of magic at her enemies, breaking each one of their swords, before teleporting behind them, and beheading them. The last two dropped their swords and tried to flee away from the vengeful Twilight, but they would not escape Twilight's wrath.

Twilight teleported in front of them, killing all but one voidling, so she could interrogate him. “Where is your dungeon?” As she said this, she cast a translation spell on the voidling. “Behind that big door, now please let me go; I don't want to die. I never wanted any of this, but King-" " Enough out of you, traitor.” The voidling was cut off as a purple slash cut him in half and a familiar voice taunted.

Twilight had been infuriated with the man who stood in front of her. Twilight's mane had steadily started glowing amber as she looked at him; her eye colour began to turn red. “Now Twilight, is that anyway to treat the father of your child?” Crimson Blood stated, pretending to be hurt.

He flipped down off of the ledge he was standing on, whirling around and landing in front of Twilight, sword pointed at her. Twilight launched a powerful beam at him, forcing him to block the blast with his sword. While Crimson Blood blocked the blast, Twilight teleported out of the way, now fully alight by a flaming aura, with her eyes completely red and her sword, ignited by flames. “Whoa, Twilight. I always loved that about you, the fiery attitude and your power.

Just like the time I killed Flash Sentry. Now that was a fight. That was also the day I gave you my seed, although forced. You still haven’t answered me; how is our boy you keep secret from the world?” Crimson Blood said to Twilight casually. “You won't hurt him, you won't see him, you won't even know his name, Blood!” Twilight shouted as she fired a giant beam, destroying an entire wall.

Crimson Blood dodged the beam, and teleported behind Twilight, swinging his sword. Twilight parried the blow and retaliated back with her own vicious attack. Blood blocked it, but didn't expect to be hit by a magic blast from Twilight; he became dazed as he was sent flying through the air. Twilight teleported above him and kicked him in the sternum, then teleported behind him and kicked him in the back, sending him to the roof. Twilight teleported above him and was about to plunge her sword into his chest, when he flipped in mid air at the last second and deflected her sword with his.

He used the same motion to attempt to slice Twilight in two. Twilight blocked the blow before grabbing Crimson Blood, spiralling to the ground, releasing him before she hit the ground, and sending him slamming into the ground.

She had only just landed, when suddenly, Crimson Blood recovered and teleported behind Twilight, before Twilight could react. He round housed her, then teleported behind her and delivered a second strike. Before he could attack again, he saw Twilight teleport behind him, and fire a blast of magic at him, sending him to the wall across the room.

Twilight and Crimson Blood were beginning to get fatigued from the magic and skill they were using. They stopped fighting, panting steadily. “We need to end this; I can't take much more of this.” Twilight thought to herself.

Crimson Blood noticed Twilight thinking, and took this moment to strike. He vanished, and teleported above Twilight, about to strike her down. Twilight was broken from her thoughts as she noticed Blood bearing down on her. She knew it was too late to evade; she expected death soon, when suddenly, a gunshot echoed from some distance away, hitting Crimson Blood in the shoulder.

This caused Crimson Blood to drop his sword before recovering 5 feet away from Twilight. He whistled a tune as he noticed the group. Suddenly, the big black iron door leading to the dungeon where her friends were burst open, revealing a giant dragon, with glistening talons, pearl white teeth, charcoal coloured flames, and refracting black scales which painted the room in a crimson sheen. Crimson Blood's sword magically teleported to his hand, and as it did, the dragon roared, shooting a trail of black flames into the air. The dragon eyed Lyra with hatred before attempting to crush her mind with telekinesis.

Lyra collapsed to the ground as she heard a piercingly sharp noise enter her mind. Twilight had to quickly use more of her energy to cast a spell on the group, to protect them from the dragons oppressive mind. “Damn.” Twilight stated when she saw the dragon.

“Twilight, what is that thing?” Lyra asked, recovering from the pain the dragon inflicted on her. “It's a Dragon named Drake; it's Crimson Blood's companion. I have to warn you now: he is fierce fighter. He can kill you by looking at you, crushing your mind with his telekinesis.” Twilight explained, feeling a sense of foreboding doom and horror. She remembered what Drake did to Flash Sentry, and what Crimson Blood did to her, leaving her burdened with a young foal that had to be raised in secret by Zecora for safety, until the day Star Dusk can know what his true lineage is.