• Published 10th Jan 2016
  • 660 Views, 6 Comments

Trial Of The Crown (to be reworked) - Bronyprophet



After Nightmare Moon is released from her bonds to Luna, and Twilight is the new ruler. A war breaks out, and peace is shattered, and the fate of Equestria and her new ruler will be tested. This is the Trial of The Crown.

  • ...
3
 6
 660

Chapter 8 Luna's Apology

Nightmare Moon and Luna had left the castle. They were headed to Ponyville to defend it against another invasion; they received information on the plans from the chief Intelligence Officer.

The 2 alicorns left Canterlot Castle towards the place where they had to defend, followed by a group of 25 Twilight Guards. They were thinking of what to expect there, and whether they would have enough forces to defend it from the invasion. Although they were out matched, with man power, they had to work with what they had, hoping Twilight would return shortly.

Equestria had nearly all but lost the other towns; there were only three places of refuge now: Ponyville, Manehattan, and Canterlot. Ponyville was the most defended spot of the three towns; it was a refugee camp for all the ponies that had lost their homes, and family. Fluttershy had been the care taker and organizer for the Ponyville refugee camp; her other friends had there own roles to play as well. Rainbow Dash was the Chief Intelligence Officer of the Twilight Guard.

She had been charged with running intelligence ops to gain knowledge on the enemies movement, because she was the fastest flyer. Rarity had been told to make sure that the refugees were all well clothed, and being taken care of. Apple Jack and her family had been tasked to provide rations, and supplies to the military, and refugees of war.

Pinkie's task was to bring up moral, and happiness levels in the refugee camps and medical camps by throwing parties, making jokes, and everything that makes Pinkie, Pinkie.

Luna and Nightmare Moon had been nearing their destination as they reached their destination it started to rain. Luna looked at the state of Ponyville and she was dumbfounded. Luna remembered when she was here last, it was filled with beauty and prosperity, but the turn of events had changed that. Ponies were sad, and the tolls of war could be seen throughout the entirety of Ponyville. Food was scarce and the population had dropped dramatically. After surveying the refugee camp, she said to Nightmare Moon as a tear reached her eye, “We need to stop this... it's too much. Too much pain, suffering, sadness, and sorrow.” Nightmare Moon replied,

“I know their pain. I have felt it long before them. I thought I had found a mate, but I found a warden in his place. I was stripped of my food, my freedom, and my happiness... he stole them from me, he stole them all from me. I ran when I found out I was pregnant with my two daughters. He chased me relentlessly, but when I finally escaped, I made my home in the forest you call the Everfree. My daughters have been living there for as long as I know, but its been so long I don't even know if they remember me, or even want too.

I thought I had attained freedom, but then I met you. You reminded me of myself when I was younger. When you told me about your sister, I wanted to help you... but I was a foal; you had your own intentions all along, and we were banished for 1000 years. When I arrived, I was filled with hope, but you still had me bound to you.

In a way I'm grateful to Twilight for separating me from you, but then she imprisoned me for what I had done. So yes I can feel their pain. I wonder how many loved ones they had lost when they fled.” Luna gave an understanding look to Nightmare Moon, before embracing her and saying with tears glistening in her eyes, “I'm sorry Nightmare Moon, I never knew... please forgive me. I have made too many mistakes in my lifetime.”

“You can fix your mistakes, isn't that what somepony said to me, not too long ago.” Nightmare Moon quoted playfully back to Luna with a chuckle, and a gentle smile. Something had been stirring inside Nightmare Moon; she could feel herself returning back to her original self. Luna had somehow melted the dark iron wall that had blocked her emotions. Luna had an expression of confusion on her face, as she saw the other side of Nightmare Moon. She had been confused because Nightmare Moon had always been dark, calculating, cruel, manipulating, and cold.

Luna had sensed a change in Nightmare's character, and she also noticed that Nightmare Moon's wing, had a small white feather on it.

Luna and Nightmare Moon made it to the border of Ponyville, and erected a shield around it, set up magical traps, then organised an ambush for the unexacting voidlings when they came to invade the land. Rainbow Dash's intel had been right on the mark; nothing had been here, it was silent... a little too silent. A series of voidlings started to exit their portals. The trap had been set by Nightmare Moon and Luna; they just had to wait for the moment to strike.

When suddenly, Luna saw Twilight Shroud exit the portal. Her eyes went wide in fear as she saw her appear. She was as powerful as Twilight Sparkle herself, then from another portal Chrysalis exited with an army of changeling at her toes; there were now over 100 soldiers and 2 alicorns. “Release!” Twilight Shroud announced. When she did, all of the magic traps Luna and Nightmare Moon had set were disabled.

Luna announced “Attack!” knowing full well that Twilight Shroud had somehow known about their strategy. It then dawned on Luna that the reason Chrysalis and Twilight Shroud were here, had been because Twilight Shroud, had been following them. She knew about Nightmare Moon and Luna joining forces; she knew that there were two alicorns, so she brought a second with her.

After the small contingent of soldiers jumped from their hiding places, they entered the fray, failing to catch any off guard. The battle surrounded Luna and Nightmare Moon. While it did, Twilight Shroud spoke to Luna. “Well, well, well, If it isn't little Luna with the regalia of death. My, my that’s quite the nasty trick you have. Unfortunately, I’m not here to chat. You are putting too much resistance up for my love, and so I must kill you. Sorry Luna but you will join your sister shortly.”

Luna replied fearlessly, although shaking on the inside. “My sister is already here with me, and her and I, will defeat you.” Twilight Shroud replied mockingly, “Oh you mean Luna eclipse. Ha, ha, ha, don't make me laugh. That is no match for the empress of Fear.” Soon after Twilight Shroud said this she fired a beam of magic at Luna. Luna blocked the beam of magic, then retaliated with her own magic.

Meanwhile, Nightmare Moon had been engaged by Chrysalis. “Nightmare Moon, it's been awhile hasn’t it dear sister. I hope my brother hasn’t killed your daughters yet, because he will ha, ha, ha.” Nightmare Moon replied with venom, “YOU, OR HIM, WONT TOUCH MY GIRLS, YOU VILE WITCH.” As Nightmare Moon said this, she fired a powerful beam of magic at Chrysalis. Chrysalis laughed as she deflected the beam.