• Published 10th Jan 2016
  • 659 Views, 6 Comments

Trial Of The Crown (to be reworked) - Bronyprophet



After Nightmare Moon is released from her bonds to Luna, and Twilight is the new ruler. A war breaks out, and peace is shattered, and the fate of Equestria and her new ruler will be tested. This is the Trial of The Crown.

  • ...
3
 6
 659

Chapter 4 Captured (Reworked)

“Hello, who are you two?” Shining Armour inquired. He thought he recognized the younger one with fiery hair, but he was unsure.

“My name is Principal Luna, but you may call me Luna. What is your name, young sir?” Principal Luna replied.

“And my name is Sunset Shimmer, but you may like to call me Sunset. I don't believe we have met, yet but I'm guessing you must be Shining Armor, Twilight's brother. I knew about you when I was a young filly, while I was training under Celestia; you were a guard in training, fresh out of the academy. Am I correct?” Sunset replied.

“Yes, that's me. It's nice to meet you both. This is a little different to what I'm used to; this is my first time out of Equestria and in your world. Did Celestia tell you about me?”

Sunset replied, “Yes actually. She was fond of you, perhaps even smitten by you, but she would not indulge herself with such luxuries, and you were too young, so she banished those feelings for you.” Shining Armour was taken back by the revelation.

He began to blush furiously, “Well, that’s definitely news to me. Heh heh... hah.” Shining Armour laughed awkwardly, before he remembered what he actually came to do. his flushed expression morphed into a serious one. “It was nice meeting you, but I have to find my sister urgently. My daughter is very ill, and she will die without her help. Do you know where she is?”

“That's terrible; the most recent place I can think of was where I sent her, and that's Utah, but after that, I don't know where she may be. You should probably start there. Hurry, your time is short. She would've of met Lyra by now. She will be leaving soon.” Sunset replied in a serious tone, feeling worried about Twilight's nephew.

After the conversation ended, Shining Armour started his mission to find his sister, to save his daughter from a grim future.

Shining Armour arrived at Utah, at the wrong place and time. He was surrounded by 12 soldiers, and 12 voidlings.

“Damn, I don't have the time for this.” Shining Armor thought to himself.

After he thought this, he summoned his sword.

“As the edge of my blade glints in the sunlight, as the protector of the goddess, I command the regalia Final Spark to come to my aid.” After Shining Armour's announcement, a blinding white light blasted the twelve voidlings to ash, and knocked the twelve soldiers to the ground, disarming them.

The soldiers got up and charged at him; their combat knives were drawn. As the 12 soldiers charged, filled with an insatiable blood rage.

When the soldiers came into range Shining Armor roundhoused, the first three, then used that motion to perform a mid-air spin kick, taking out another three soldiers but the last six were too quick. While Shining Armour was in mid-air, the last six were right on top of him. He used a burst of magic to propel him further in the air, then he yelled, “Divine Judgement.”

Suddenly, a giant white sword fell from the sky, killing them. Shining Armour landed with a thud, hitting the ground far too hard, causing him to become temporarily dazed, and prone. He got up, and noticed that he felt extremely drained from the use of magic.

he soon realized that magic was weaker here, and it required more energy to cast the simplest of spells. He knew that he could not be irresponsible with his magic, or it would cost him greatly.

Shining dispelled his sword and fell to the floor, once the toll of magic had been paid for. He got up feeling lethargic, and his vision was slightly blurred, he recovered his physical strength and started walking.

“That was careless.” Shining Armor kicked himself.

As Shining Armor rounded a bend, he saw another voidling portal open up before him.

“it's going to be a long day.” He thought.

Shining Armor saw 6 voidlings appear out of the portal. He charged the voidlings unarmed, the voidlings noticed him and shot an arrow at him.

However, Shining was a professional soldier, so as he noticed that there was an arrow coming towards him. He jumped and spun; grabbing the arrow mid-flight, before landing, and wheeling around, throwing it back at the archer. He impaled it in the chest.

He made it to the other five voidlings, elbowing one of them, ripping the sword from the now dazed voidlings' claws, before beheading him. He saw another arrow coming at him; he used the stolen sword to cut it in two, splitting it cleanly down the middle, and hitting the two Voidlings that were flanking his rear. He had already killed four; only 1 archer and 1 soldier remained.

The voidling charged at him with his sword drawn; Shining Armour met him in the centre, lunging at him. The creature blocked the blow, and kneed him in the stomach, causing Shining to drop his sword, and fall to the floor. While he was falling, he swept the voidlings' legs out, causing it to fall to the floor, and drop its sword.

Shining heard an arrow flying through the air. He used his momentum he maintained after sweeping out the Voidlings legs to get up and catch the arrow, then he used the arrow he caught to stab the creature in the throat, turning it to ash before sliding back to where he killed the last archer, spinning while he slid, grabbing the bow, knocking an arrow, then firing it as he stopped spinning. The arrow soared through the air meeting its' mark. He threw the bow away, and retrieved a sword from the ground and started walking through war-torn Utah trying to find Twilight.

Shining Armor eventually made it to where Twilight had been. He saw Twilight and a cyan skin toned person walking with her; he suspected that was Lyra. He was about to catch up with them, but he was stopped by 6 Voidling portals. Fear had been etched on his face as he saw 72 voidlings appear out of the portals. He was outnumbered and Twilight and Lyra had been out of sight now. He did not know where they had gone to, but he could not escape, so he drew the stolen sword and summoned his sword.

He stood his ground, ready to take on the impossible odds. One thought channeled through his mind. “I'm sorry my love, I won't be coming back. This is one fight I won't win.” As he thought this, he bellowed a war cry filled with valor and determination, as he charged.

The voidlings heard this and charged back. The sound of steel soon clanged with steel, he slashed left and right killing wave after wave, but the numbers were too great. He fought relentlessly, taking out 3 at a time. Bloodcurdling cries resounded through Shining's ears, followed by the sound of whizzing of arrows soaring passed him.

The battle was brutal; Shining kept up the pace, slicing and dicing his targets with ease. He had taken out numerous foes, when he heard a vicious roar. He looked up and saw a giant enemy wearing standard black iron armor. The giant voidling wielded a mighty war hammer, and as the creature charged him, the ground shook like an earthquake. He nearly fell over a few times. The voidlings that failed to move were crushed underneath its enormous boots.

The giant voidling slammed its hammer right for Shining Armour. He jumped and rolled out of the way; the hammer left a crater in the ground as it made contact. Shining Armour ran up the hammer to the creature's face, cutting its chin with his sword, and leaving a single scratch on its face. The creature howled in pain. As it did, it became enraged and backhanded Shining Armour, sending him flying 7 feet away, causing him to cough up blood. He weakly got up again stumbling before charging at the beast again, darting underneath his legs, cutting his shins, and slicing the creature's tendons.

The creature fell to the floor shaking the ground as it landed. Shining fell to the floor from the vibrations from the creature's fall. Shining got up and ran up the downed creature's back and hacked at its neck, trying to kill it by severing its head.
He finally broke through the creature's skin after twenty odd slices. Shining then delivered a vicious blow, severing its' spinal chord, killing it. Shining could not relax for too long. The Voidlings began to charge at him once more. He was now extremely fatigued and injured. He was a lot slower now, and his sword felt like it weighed over 1000 kilograms.

As he was fighting, a voidling cut the rear of his knee, causing him to collapse. He stopped himself from falling fully, by using his sword. He recovered and killed the voidling that cut him, but as he did, a black arrow hit him in the shoulder, causing him to drop one of his swords. Then, a voidling ran up to him and bashed his head with a shield, causing him to become prone and dazed. He saw through blurred vision, a larger voidling pick up his sword and wield it as a trophy. Shining Armour soon fell to darkness as he finally passed out.



2 hours later…



Shining Armour woke up again, but he was in a strange area. It was dark, cold, and gloomy. He scanned around the room and figured out that he was in a cell of some sort. His eyes adapted to the light in the room; he noticed that his injuries were mended and he was rejuvenated. A familiar voice sounded. “Welcome back, Shining Armour. How was the rest? Ha, ha, ha.” The voice instantly clicked, and when he realized whose voice it was, he said, “Sombra!”

Author's Note:

I have added Music tags to this chapter. They are simple to use. Simply right click the green writing, left click open link in new tab, and enjoy.