• Published 10th Jan 2016
  • 659 Views, 6 Comments

Trial Of The Crown (to be reworked) - Bronyprophet



After Nightmare Moon is released from her bonds to Luna, and Twilight is the new ruler. A war breaks out, and peace is shattered, and the fate of Equestria and her new ruler will be tested. This is the Trial of The Crown.

  • ...
3
 6
 659

Chapter 2 Grim Days (Reworked)

Author's Note:

Hey guys, I have added new scene music tags for the book. They are simple to use. Simply right click the green writing, left click open link in new tab, and enjoy.

Meanwhile, in Equestria, things took a turn for the bleak. Chaos had erupted after Twilight left. There were regular skirmishes on the border of Canterlot, the number of deaths had escalated, and the Twilight Guard were losing far more than what they could recruit. What was worse, was that a dark shroud had engulfed the land.

Ponies were living in fear now; they felt like if they stepped outside, they would become prey to something sinister. Much of the area in front of the front gate to Canterlot, had been burned to ashes; it was no longer as beautiful as it used to be. Equestria was now a place riddled with fear and chaos; the ponies of Equestria couldn't help but hope that Twilight would return soon, before all was lost.

In a previous battle a week ago, the head of the Twilight Guard had been injured by a cursed blade, and she was gradually dying from the injury. All of the doctors in Equestria tried to heal the injury, but failed. The only one who could possibly figure out what to do, was out of town. The only thing anypony could do was to wait for that unthinkable day when the captain of the Twilight Guard passed. The two ponies that were the most worried, were her parents, Princess Cadance, and Prince Shining Armour.

Flurry Heart had been recruited into the Twilight Guard at the age of 16, and by the age of 18, she had achieved her fathers' rank of Captain of the Guard. Although she was a princess, she pleaded with her auntie to let her join. Twilight eventually caved, allowing the young princess to join the Twilight Guard. Twilight was amazed by her power; she was the main contributor to the shield, shielding Canterlot. She was the one who helped Twilight create the shield in the first place. Flurry Heart was injured while she was protecting Pound Cake from certain death.

Pound Cake was 22 now, along with his best friends, Apple Bloom, and Sweetie Belle. who also joined the Twilight Guard at the age of 16, 2 years after they received their cutie marks. Pound Cake had developed a crush on Flurry Heart when she started her academy training as he was completing his final year in the academy. However, Flurry Heart didn't know that Pound Cake had a crush on her, nor did he know that she had a crush on him, until that fateful day when he was saved by Flurry Heart.

Flurry was sitting beside her stretcher sleeping; then he remembered the day he was saved by Flurry Heart vividly, and he was saddened by the damage she received on his behalf, and how she gave up her life for his. Although she was not dead yet, he had a feeling death would be here to claim her soon.

1 month ago...

Flurry Heart and Pound Cake had been patrolling through Ponyville, which was frequently done, due to the increasing voidling attacks, when a void portal opened up in front of them quite suddenly. When the two ponies saw this, Flurry ordered the inhabitants of Ponyville to lock their doors, and windows. Soon after she did, several voidlings exited the portal, wielding glowing swords and wearing black armor. The two ponies drew their swords, ready to fight the small group; they were outnumbered 2 to 5.

The voidling in the center of the group pointed to them with his sword, before ordering his comrades in his strange language. Flurry figured he was their leader before saying to Pound.

“On me!”

Pound Cake followed her orders, and stood at Flurries' back, with his sword drawn. The tension was thick enough in the air that it was almost suffocating, it wasn't long before the voidlings charged. The leader made a strange clicking sound with his mouth, and all the sudden, a green bolt fell from the heavens, exploding on the ground. The force separated Pound Cake from Flurry Heart.

Pound recovered quickly with a combat roll. The leader of the group targeted Pound Cake first, while the other six surrounded Flurry.

The voidlings surrounded Flurry, and began their attack, slashing at Flurry Heart. She blocked the attacks with a blue magical bubble, then she detonated the shield, causing it to explode, separating the six voidlings from each other. She dispatched 3 that didn't recover in time, then blasted the fourth with a potent beam of magic, leaving two left.

She briefly looked over to Pound Cake; he was holding his own against the leader of the group. However, while she was distracted, one of the two remaining soldiers charged at her, and nearly cleaved her in two. She sidestepped the blow, causing the soldier's blade to get stuck in the ground. Flurry reacted quickly; she wheeled around and sliced the creatures head off, causing it to turn to ash. As the attacking Voidling fell, the last remaining Voidling entered a fray with Flurry.

While Flurry fought with the last voidling, Pound Cake kicked the leader of the group causing it to stumble back a few feet. Enraged, the voidling leader bellowed a frightful war cry, then teleported in front of Pound, and delivered a vicious blow, knocking his sword out of his hoof as the voidling was about to deliver a fatal strike; Flurry dived at Pound, pushing him out of the way, and received the devastating blow in his sted.

Though she was bleeding out, she got up off of the ground, but the creature kicked her injured side before she could fully recover, causing her to slide further away. Flurry stabbed her sword in the ground, stopping herself. She used her sword to lift herself off of the ground. Once she was on all fours again, she pulled her sword out of the ground. She could sense the voidling, flanking her rear, she wheeled around, but it was too late for her to defend. she anticipated her demise at the claws of this creature, when suddenly, Pounds sword went flying end over end and impaled the voidlings' chest.

The voidling leader fell to the ground before turning into ash. Flurry shot a thankful look at Pound Cake, however in the shadows there was a 8th voidling that was approaching the unarmed Pound, flurry put her pain to the back of her mind, and teleported behind the voidling assassin slicing its' calf with her sword, causing the voidling to fall to its knees. it recovered swiftly and attempted to attack Flurry.

Flurry Heart blocked the blow with her sword. This caused her side to split, causing pain to ripple through her body. Once the pain subsided, she fired a beam of magic at the voidling, blowing its head off while their swords were locked. After the voidling fell to the ground and turned to ash, flurry fainted from exhaustion and blood loss.

Pound Cake saw flurry collapse, then ran over to her.

"Why did you have to save me," he whispered before he carried her on his back, taking flight towards the Canterlot infirmary, as fast as his wings could carry him. He reached the infirmary and placed her on a stretcher, then called a nurse to her side. The nurse was shocked, but then quickly reacted by bandaging her wounds, to stop the bleeding.



an hour later, Flurry began to stir as her eyes struggled to open, they adjusted to the lighting in the room. She saw pound sleeping on the stretcher beside her. She instantly thought he had been hurt after she passed out. She got out of the stretcher, too fast, causing her to inflict pain on her injury. she fell over; Pound got up and said, “You're awake. I was so worried.” Pound helped Flurry off of the floor, and to the stretcher once again,

“you idiot, why'd you have to save me?” Pound chastised with tears bordering in his eyes.

“Because I love you, Pound Cake.” Pound Cakes' jaw dropped.

“I think I love you too.” Pound Cake replied and after a short pause, he continued.

“Would you be my special somepony?” Flurry was surprised.

“Yes, I do.” After that, Pound Cake nuzzled her tenderly.

Present day...

Pound Cake woke up, hoping to see a change in Flurry but she was still sleeping with labored breaths from the excruciating pain she must have been experiencing. Pound heard the door open leading into Flurries' ward. It was nurse red heart,
she had finished with her diagnosis of this strange disease inflicted upon the young princess.

"Is she going to be ok?" pound cake asked nurse red heart.

"I'm afraid we have done everything we can, I don't think she will last much longer. I'm sorry Pound Cake." Nurse Red heart replied with a heavy tone, thick with sorrow.

Princess Cadence overheard nurse red heart as she entered her daughters' ward.

“Liar, there must be more you can do for my filly. She's too young to die. She's only 18, and her special somepony, how will he cope?” Cadence replied through tears.

hearing the commotion coming from Flurries' ward Shining Armor and Luna entered the ward and saw Pound Cake in tears, and cadence breaking down.

“We have done everything, Cadence,” Luna stated trying to comfort her friend, she was saddened by the loss of flurry heart, but she had to deal with loss before, this was no different. Luna was still mourning for her sisters' death who died 4 years ago, but she had to be strong, to hold the unrest at bay for Twilight, while she found reinforcements to help defend the realm, so they could find a way to save the tree of harmony.

“No...” Cadence said as she broke into tears. “It's okay, dear; all we can do is be there for her. I'll find my sister; she will be able to help her.” Shining Armour comforted, filled with love for his wife and his daughter.

Shining Armour left the infirmary and headed to the portal, to go to Equestria's sister dimension. He exited the portal in front of the school, where he bumped into Principal Luna and Sunset Shimmer.