• Published 29th Nov 2015
  • 4,399 Views, 125 Comments

Iron Wing and the Demolition Crew - QueenMoriarty



The Crystal War, as seen through the eyes of its most formidable soldiers.

  • ...
7
 125
 4,399

Sequel Out Now!

For everyone who's been itching for more of Iron Wing and the Demolition Crew, do not despair. It has not been abandoned, nor forgotten. Yes, some of the more astute of you may have noticed that it's been more than a week since I put up a blog promising more of this story within the week, but it's the Christmas season, okay? Cut me some slack!

But seriously, the new chapters have gone through several extensive rewrites. I decided to try and explore the events that made this trio of heroines into the legendary soldiers you all seem to love, but that decision instigated a billion tiny changes. In the end, those changes added up to something that, while hopefully great on its own, is just different enough from the original story that I feel it should be its own.

That's why, as of this moment, I am announcing the sequel to Iron Wing and the Demolition Crew, Rainbow Dash and the Pie Sisters! Now, unlike Iron Wing, you guys won't be able to pressure me into making more of this. Four chapters. That's all I have planned, that's all you're going to get. I don't care if I look back on my life and discover that this was my biggest success, supplies are limited!

...

I'm sorry, that probably came across super-mean.

What are you still doing here? Head over to the sequel! I'm eager to see how spectacularly it fails to live up to your expectations!

...

Are they gone? Okay, they're gone.

*chugs aspirin*

Comments ( 31 )

Lol still trying to see if Dash is just conceited in thinking that Pinkie and/or Maud have a huge crush on her or if it is the truth. IF so I wonder if it is Pinkie. Maybe we shall see.

6752124

And that is why I am tracking your new story. To see where things go.

6794466 Not much I can say except "thanks for the individual reactions"!

Experimental unpublishing and republishing a chapter: because practical experiments are more fun than Google.

In case this works, sorry. I was bored.

6839459
Alrighty, then, that's nice to know, then. I wasn't sure, though, so thanks for clearing it up.

6839459 intent or not, things can be misconstrued. That's why we call it art. I'm glad that never happened, but were you to want to imply it, you're basically done. Including that, awesome story. The three perspectives are simliar enough to the real characters and yet war-torn enough as well that you can really get a feel for some of the effects of this war. All in all, another great piece of text from a great writer. Were I not extremely tired right now, I'd analyze further.

Ending quotes for each character are epic. Sums up their role in the war and their feelings. Keep that stuff up.

6840566 Oh, I know all about intent being misconstrued. It's just that unlike the authors that they teach in English classes, I'm actually around to point out what the author actually meant.

Very glad that you liked it. I don't suppose you've thought of giving the sequel a look?

6840590 Read it this morning. It was also excellent. I'd write for that universe, had I the time.

Comment posted by Princess LightningChaser deleted Jan 23rd, 2016
Comment posted by QueenMoriarty deleted Jan 23rd, 2016
Comment posted by QueenMoriarty deleted Jan 23rd, 2016
Comment posted by Princess LightningChaser deleted Jan 23rd, 2016
Comment posted by QueenMoriarty deleted Jan 23rd, 2016
Comment posted by Princess LightningChaser deleted Jan 23rd, 2016

In case you're curious about the large block of deleted comments:

dumb sun-bashing spammer got their ass blocked.

I heard demolition and came here as fast as I could.:trollestia:

6888337 Greetings, Lord Demo!

Little late to the party, though. But then, I guess sound does take a while to travel.

Am I missing something? There's three chapters of this story (unless one counts this chapter that has no story content), and three chapters of the sequel... What is the "four chapters" bit referring to? :derpyderp1:

I enjoyed all six, though, especially the first one here. :rainbowdetermined2:

6896967 I had originally planned to write four chapters for the second story. I ultimately decided it only needed three.

Perfectly Insane
Moderator

Is this a sequel to met your match.

7449122 I don't even know what that is.

i do like the way you fleshed out that alternate world. I'm honestly surprised i never thought of it as so grim. i mean, i should, what with the war, but i guess i was holding onto too much of the still picturesque equestria we all know to really realize just how traumatic this universe would be.

One of the better "Sombra War timeline" stories I've read, and a pleasant surprise if I'm honest. I had to get over the fact that Rainbow's voice is quite different from her usual show one, but the story held my attention well. The violence is quite grim, perhaps pushing the boundaries of the [Teen] rating occasionally, though in context it feels appropriate. Also, I do wonder whether this might have benefited from a [Dark] genre tag. I wasn't keen on Gummy's cameo, but Pinkie in particular is genuinely scary on occasion, and I appreciate a story that can do that without going down the Pinkamena route. A pretty easy upvote, and I'll be reading the sequel at some point.

PresentPerfect
Author Interviewer

8035820
You wrote this two years ago!

Well, that was a deeply satisfying read. However, I must echo what PresentPerfect said about Gummy's voice breaking up the scene. On to the next one.

8035820
I the episode this is based on really 2 years old? damn... feels like it just happened

Login or register to comment