• Published 30th Nov 2015
  • 1,711 Views, 85 Comments

SWAT Kats: The Radical Squadron: Equestrian Squad - Megaskullmon



The mane six must help the Swat Kats find a way home. Jake wishing to stay in the world they find..They have to find a way to make it back..Before Dark kat's plan was set into motion.

  • ...
6
 85
 1,711

Chapter Nine: Bell of Freedom Arc one

It's calm midday and the sun still is not set like most thought it would. No pony knows how many days it's been since the invasion of the Storm king. I stand near the entrance of the junkyard to guard it. I haven’t seen any of the Storm King's armies for a while. I know they’re in the town. I think they have given up on finding us now.

I feel myself drifting off to sleep. Then I stare at the sky seeing the moon and the sun flying in the sky like somepony is controlling the magic. That bothered me more than anything. I quickly trot back into the junkyard. Trixie looks up and she is wearing a welding mask. I am sure she hasn’t seen anything going on. She lifts the mask to look into my eyes.

“Starlight, what is wrong? You look like you have seen a ghost.”

It took me a while to speak. I lost all control in my words for a few pregnant moments. I forgot Jake convinced Chance into making weapons that will just knock the storm minions out rather than killing them.

“Trixie, some pony or creature has the power of the princess. I fear that Twilight and the others failed. Are Chance and Jake ready and is everypony else ready for the battle to take back the town?”

Trixie looks down at the weapon she is planning to use. It looks like one of the guns that Chance and Jake built.

“Yes, almost all ponies are armed. Jake is going to stay behind and protect the foals just in case we fail and he has to protect the little ones.”

I close my eyes to the fear of all the little ones getting hurt by these creatures of the storm king. It’s something I will never get over. I feel the only way to get everypony ready is a song. I glance at Trixie smiling at the song in my heart. While that weird music that suddenly plays.

“Come one come all. It’s time to fight. Come and win the battle ahead of us. There is no path but the path of freedom. So let the bell of freedom ring. The bell of freedom has come again. It’s time to ring the bell. Of freedom oh freedom.”

Trixie smiles as she removes the welding mask with her magic setting it down and we both sing while we head down the stairs.

“Oh, the bell of freedom shall ring for us again. Oh, freedom fighters who wish to free their land ring the bell of freedom. We can no longer wait for our heroes. The heroes have fallen again so we must rise. We must fight, we can't rely on heroes any longer. So let the bell of freedom ring.”

The two of us walk down the stairs Chance and the others lookup. I start to sing on my own again.

“It’s time to rise. It’s time to fight in the name of freedom. So let’s ring the bell of freedom.”

Jake, the ponies, and Mac, and Molly join in the song.

“Let’s ring the bell of freedom. Let’s ring and sing the song of battle. For we are all here for freedom.”

The music becomes more powerful while all of us put on armor. Mac and Molly shift their hands into weapons to make sure they lower the power on the weapons so they don’t kill anyone. The next one to sing is Mac.

“Come my darling wife. Let’s fight in the name of freedom. We must redeem ourselves in the eyes of our fellow Kats. It’s all we can do for we have failed in our own lives. We must prove that we can raise the little filly.”

He looks at the little filly. The little filly Muse who hugs Mollies leg she leans down to stroke the little one's head whispering to her she nods trotting over to Jake sitting beside him leaning into the wheelchair. Molly nods, singing.

“Come let’s go fight and bring back this land for those who wish to fight for freedom.”

We all turn to Chance. I walk beside him tapping his side. He looks down at me and he is unsure what to do. He leans down so I can whisper in his ear.

“Sing to them. Show them that you’re willing to fight for us and not allow your petty differences with evil to get to you. Are you willing to prove you can at least try?”

Chance stands in front of the others and he takes a deep breath looking back at me. He has been trying to fix these issues he has with former minions of evil. He gets ready to sing. All I can do is smile hoping that he loves singing.

“Oh, my friends, it's time to rise. Oh come and rise ring the bell sing the future to come. It’s time to rise and we shall fight. A fight that shall never end in our hearts. We shall fight for freedom. Oh, freedom please come. It is time… It is time.”

We all gather our armor and weapons. It is time for battle.

___________

The song of battle

“The song of freedom rings.”

The ponies, the metal kats, and Chance use their weapons to storm out of the junkyard. The blast from the weapons causes the storm king’s minions to at least be stunned and not dead. The storm king minions charge as the force for freedom charges them.

“Ring the bell of freedom. Let freedom ring, let it sing.”

Trixie and Starlight work together to fire their weapons. Even though a weapon from a storm minion smacks Starlight in the face. She is tossed back with the tip of the spear about to stab into her. These creatures are out for blood even though the ponies are trying to keep them from dying.

Mac grabs the shaft of the spear tightly in his robotic hand. He breaks it firing the blaster in the side of the Storm king minion he looks down to Starlight nodding to her. She smiles at Trixie helping her up.

“Come let the bell of freedom ring. Oh, the bell and the drum have been sounded. It’s time to fight, it's time to win. For when the bell of freedom rings. Everyone shall fight and when the end has come the battle shall be one.”

The leader of the storm king minions drops to his knees nodding to the others to do so. For this reason, he sees that the ponies don’t wish to kill them. If the Storm King knew what was happening. The battle is won but they all stare at Canterlot while a storm forms around it.

“The battle of freedom the bell has rung. The bell has rung it is time to sing our hearts. For we have won. The battle must end for we must see it to the end.”

The minions and those ponies from the battle watch the storm grow and grow more powerful. After a while, a horn blows from the Storm Minions that sounds from Cantorlot to ponyville they have surrendered and the ponies have won. They all cheer while the Storm King minions wait for their judgment.

“The battle of freedom rings. The bell has sounded. It's time to fight for the drum as well. Bring forth the song of music and battle. It’s how we win the war and end the suffering of all. For we rescue and we sing.”

The storm king minions release the ponies they captured in cells in the city. The battle is over and it’s time to celebrate when one of the minions tries to put himself in the cell. Chance shakes his head stopping them. He walks to the Storm King leader that took over this little town. He helps him up and offers a hand to shake.

A few pregnant moments the leader of the storm minions doesn’t shake the hand. He looks at his troops and those others with him. He notices they avoid harming the children that are with them and the females of his species. He shakes hands and everyone cheers.

“The bell of freedom is for all. For we have never gone away from it. It’s time for peace, it's time for glory. Leave it all behind and give everypony wisdom. Move on, let's sing and become one with our hearts. For the battle is over and it’s time and it’s time for peace.”

The battle is over. The Storm King is defeated. How will the Swat Kats and Metallikats be treated now by the princess and the main six? Will the Storm King minions be punished for following the king on his path of destruction? Find out next time in the next chapter: Rainbowlookup