• Published 25th Dec 2015
  • 3,010 Views, 175 Comments

It's a bird...It's a plane...It's Celestia! - Cookie_Girl



The solar alicorn, raised by the last son of Krypton. An adopted displaced fic.

  • ...
7
 175
 3,010

From the Fortress of Solitaire to Metropolis

Superman stood up and moved away from his Kryptonian computer. For the last three days he had been documenting everything about Celestia. So far he knew that she was definitely magical, was exceptionally strong for her size, could easily fly even though she prefered to walk if it wasn't far, could levitate several times her own weight,she can physically touch clouds like he could touch the ground, her garments (golden shoes, necklace, and crown) were made of some enchanted metal that would grow bigger as she did, the sun shaped marks on her flanks were a natural part of her, and that she had not fallen asleep in the last three days.

He couldn't find anything in her DNA to suggest why she hadn't slept yet. She just wandered around the Fortress of Solitude, playing with a deck of cards or looking at all of his stuff, and he didn't have much stuff to look at. Her face clearly showed signs of exhaustion, and yet she hasn't slept for three days.

He didn't see her anywhere inside the Fortress, but a quick look with his X-Ray vision revealed her outside in the arctic weather.

“Celestia?” he spoke softly as he sat beside her in the snow.

“Why is it not nighttime?” she asked. “I sleep when it is night, and it has not been night for forever.”

Superman blinked, and then he chuckled at his obvious and simple mistake. “Here in the arctic, it's always night, or day depending on what time of the year it is. So it's stuck as daytime for quite a while. I'm sorry that I forgot about that. I'll take you back to Metropolis so you can sleep, just wait a moment.” He gave her a scratch behind the ears before heading black inside to turn everything off and lock up.

Celestia sighed, and gazed at the sun. Suddenly she had random and childish idea. “I'll help the sun down so that the sky will be nighttime!”

“Oh, yeah! You go ahead and pull it down with your magic.” Superman smirked as he walked back towards the Fortress door.

“I did it!” Superman stopped, blinked, and turned around. He saw Celestia prancing around in a sort of victory dance with her horn lit up by her magic. He looked up.

“Holy mother of God!” Superman screamed in sheer panic as what appeared to be the sun came crashing down into the Fortress of Solitude.

“Holy mother of me!” Apollo screamed in sheer panic as his chariot went crashing down into the Fortress of Solitude.

“I didn't do it!” Celestia screamed as she ran as fast as her little pony hooves could carry her into the Fortress of Solitude, and her magic continued to pull the gigantic burning thing along after her.


“So you're really from Olympus?” Superman asked Apollo as he put out the last of the many fires that had sprung up from the chariot’s passing. The god of the sun was not what Superman would have expected; he looked to be about eighteen years old, was wearing a sleeveless shirt and jeans and loafers, and his chariot was a red Maserati Spyder.

The god of the sun smiled, and the room literally brightened up. “Yep! Apollo of the sun, speaker of prophecies, and there's a few titles I go by but my personal favorite is lord of awesome.”

“Lord of awesome?” Superman raised an eyebrow at the immortal. “People actually call you that?”

“I'm sure they do when I'm not around”

Superman rolled his eyes and Celestia giggled, she liked Apollo, he was silly.

“I'm also a great poet in case you didn't know it” Apollo winked at Celestia, and she laughed again.

“Can I drive your chariot?” Celestia suddenly asked. She beamed up at him with a very big smile.

“Sorry kid, but I'm behind schedule as it is.” Apollo shrugged apologetically.

Celestia frowned and blinked up at him. “But, your chariot isn't actually the sun, nor does it actually pull the sun, so what are you behind schedule for?”

Superman scratched his head. “You know I was wondering about that myself. Why do you fly around the world if you're not actually pulling the sun?”

“Magical reasons dude. I'm supposed to do I so I do it.” Apollo thought for a moment. “There's also something to do with my power being shone down upon the mortals, and healing their spiritual ailments...or something like that, kinda hard to explain it to someone who isn't a deity.”

Celestia nodded. “I understand.”

“You do?” Apollo looked inquisitively at Celestia. “Hmm, I wonder…”

The god of prophecies knelt down to Celestia, and placed his hand on the top of her head. His eyes widened, and his mouth hung open in astonishment. “Whoa.”

“What is it?” she asked him.

“Ah…sorry, but it's never a good idea for for someone to know too much about their own future. The more you know about a prophecy, the more you try to change it, and that just makes things worse. What I can tell you though is that, in the end, you will be happy.”

“Sounds like it won't be all that happy getting there.” the little filly said with a frown.

“Are you kidding! You've got Superman as your dad, it can't get anymore cool that that.” Superman nearly corrected him, until he saw the happiness in her eyes, so he kept quiet. “Actually, I do need to talk to your dad about something, go play some cards for a bit.”

Celestia threw her front hooves up in the air and flapped her wings wildly. “No! Not more solitaire! I've been playing solitaire for three days. I just CAN'T play anymore solitaire!”

Superman blinked. “Is that why you've been calling it the Fortress of Solitaire?”

“Yes.” she deadpanned.

Apollo took out his own deck of cards and gave them to her. “Here, these are enchanted to play with you like a second person-

“Thank you!” Celestia grabbed the cards and ran off to play.

Apollo chuckled at her. “So, Supes, you should probably know about this.”

“Why did you say I was her dad?”

Again Apollo laughed. “Dude, I'm the god of prophecies. I saw her future with you, and she's going to be here for a while, and she already calls you ‘Pops'. Trust me, you're going to love her like a daughter.”

“...Ok.” Superman wasn't going to argue with a god of prophecies, especially when he was also the god of the sun. “But...what do I do?”

Apollo shrugged. “Can't really advise you on that Superdude. All of my mortal children are raised by their moms until they're old enough to go to camp, and raising an immortal child is different every time. Oh, by the way, she's not a true immortal, but Celestia is definitely not mortal.”

“What does that mean?”

“Well, her physical age is somewhere around ten years old, but her spiritual age is closer to my age.” Apollo walked as he tried to explain, heading towards his chariot. “I can't be sure, but I'm pretty sure she was reverse aged by some very complex magic.”

“Now pay attention Superdude, because I'm running late and I don't have enough time to go into detail.” Apollo climbed into his sports car chariot and started the engine. “There's going to be ups and downs in the future, you and she can do a lot to change the outcome of most situations, but there will be two moments that you can't change. But as long as you are there for each other it will all work out. Gotta go!”

Apollo stepped on the gas, and his chariot went rocketing out of the Fortress of Solitude. Superman watched him go flying through the sky until he merged with the sunlight.

“I'm hungry.”

Superman turned to see...a completely different winged unicorn who only looked like Celestia. “...Ok, where did you come from?”

Her horn lit up with magic as she removed the spell. “It's me! Apollo left a disguise spell in the cards he gave me.”

“Well it fooled me...and since it fooled me, I think it will fool everyone else too.” Superman tapped his chin as he studied the little magical pony. “If you could just do something about your hair. It was still all wavy and sparkling. ...Actually, how does the spell work anyway?”

“The spell is just a ‘spell of normality’ so people will see me, but they will just think I'm a normal part of everyday life. As for my hair…” Celestia grabbed her flowing multicolored mane with one hoof and studied it. After a moment of concentration her mane and tail both turned pink and stopped moving on their own. “How do I look?”

Superman pretended to think about her question. “Adorable.” This made her smile, which resulted in her squeaking. And then her stomach growled. “Well, since you can disguise yourself let's go out to eat. Have you ever had pizza?”


With the spell of normality on, and her mane and tail as regular pink hair, Celestia sat with Clark Kent in the restaurant as they waited for the pizza. At first she had been quite startled by her father's sudden change in appearance, it was simply astounding how he was able to make himself look like a different person without anything other than a simple change of clothes and different hair style. Amazing!

The restaurant staff had at first thought that Celestia was his pet and tried to tell him to leave her outside, but a quick hello from her own muzzle had solved that. Now she was sitting with him in a booth and nibbling on garlic bread while they waited for their veggie lover's pizza.

“So why did you dress up in such boring clothes?” she finally asked him. “And why are you wearing glasses?”

Clark glanced around to be sure nobody was listening. “I don't want anyone to know about me being Superman, so I make myself look as unlike Superman as I can.”

“Smallville?”

“L-Lois! What are you doing here?”

The sudden change in Clark’s demeanor told Celestia all she needed to know about this dark haired woman. Dad likes her! The little alicorn clapped her hooves together mischievously as she contemplated how best to get them together, and then she pouted as she realized how little she knew about them. She decided to pay attention to their conversation.

“You what?!” Lois Lane gasped.

“I adopted.” Clark said again and gestured to Celestia.

“Hello.” Celestia waved a hoof at her. “It's very nice to meet you.”

“..........You adopted a talking winged unicorn with pretty pink hair?”

“It's not official yet, but yes.”

“You are so weird Smallville.” Lois grabbed one of their breadsticks and walked away. “Let me know if the kid wants to go clothes shopping some time. You know she's kind of naked right now.”

“Naked?” Celestia looked around at everyone, then she looked at herself, and then she dived under the table. “Clothes! Now!”


Clark Kent walked into his apartment later that evening with a sleeping Celestia in his arms. The magical pony was fully dressed in a ladies business suit that Lois had picked out in a nice shade of lavender, a gray fedora, and at her insistence a pair of glasses that matched his now rested on her muzzle. Following behind him, Lois Lane entered his apartment with a box of takeout pizza and several bags of clothes held by one arm, and a slice of pizza in her other hand.

Clark carried his little pony daughter to the couch and set her down gently. After getting her a blanket and pillow he joined Lois in the kitchen for some cold pizza.

“So you're really doing this?” Lois asked with a wave of her half slice of pizza. “Adopting a magical talking pony as your daughter?”

“Apparently so. Why?” Clark grabbed some sodas for them and opened his.

“Well, you know it might get kind of dangerous.” Lois waited for him to take a drink, and made sure she wasn't in the line of fire. “With you being Superman.”

Clark spat his drink out and obliterated the drywall in his kitchen. “What!?! How?”

“I see you on a daily basis as Clark Kent, and UP CLOSE as Superman at least once a week. Do you think I'm stupid or something?” Lois raised an eyebrow at him.

“No I don't!”

Celestia peeked over the couch at them as they continued to talk. She was still very sleepy, and ready to pass out for real, but now she had a mission.

I’m going to have her as my mom! The little alicorn thought to herself before she fell asleep.