• Published 1st Dec 2015
  • 1,254 Views, 65 Comments

The Troll Squad - Witching Hour



Squad 12 is generally professional in all their endeavors... But with a particular emphasis on Trolling and *Barely* Toeing the Line.

  • ...
1
 65
 1,254

Pt 5 Outtake 3 - First Date Aftermath

Giggles echo in the stairwell as the two pegasi stumble their way up to the third floor, rising and falling in volume as they alternate reminding each other that others are sleeping, and then both promptly forgetting in their drunkenness.

Only too soon, they reach the third floor, still giggling like foals. Taking a quick breath to steady herself, Moony eyes the West hall, where most of the Upper Tier Elites had their rooms. “We’d better part here… Riptide’s probably already gonna skin me alive for keeping you out this… late? Early?”

“Don’t worry,” Sky chuckles, leaning on Moony. “I’m sure Midnight’ll keep her in line! No matter what she says, that mare knows which buttons to push to keep our Captain from exploding.” He smiles warmly and kisses Moony on the cheek. “‘Sides, I liked staying out with you! It was a lot of fun.”

Despite herself, Moony smiles, blushing. “Let’s tempt fate some other time, Sky… Like when it’s not four in the morning, and we don’t need to be up in three hours for practice…”

Sighing heavily, Sky nods. “You make a good point,” he continues to smile however, and nuzzles Moony’s neck. “Good night. We need to do this again sometime soon. If we’re both not dead from Tide’s wrath.”

Moony’s answering giggle as his breath hits her neck is a little too loud in her ears, and she quickly bites her lower lip to muffle herself as her wobbling legs send her leaning heavily into her date. “Yeah… Soon… Definitely… Soon…” Moony stammers, blushing brightly now from her own thoughts.

Crouching a little under the weight of his date, Sky gently helps her back standing straight up before turning. “Well, I’ll see you around the compound, then.” He stands up straight and puts on a wide smile. “Now, if you excuse me, I must go walk to my own execution!” He holds up a hoof dramatically to punctuate his words, only to unbalance himself, and fall flat on his face.

Moony quickly shoves her hoof in her mouth to stifle her outright laughter before assisting him back to his hooves. “Get going before you hurt yourself, you goon,” she says, laughter still coloring her tone. Grinning, she leans in for one last quick kiss before turning towards her own room, her tail lightly flicking his face as she slowly staggers away.

Sky blushes deeply, wings snapping out as stares after the mare he had just gone on a date with. Turning, he all but floats down the hallway as he heads back towards the rooms squad six occupies. Strangely, as he gets closer, he finds he no longer worries about his captain’s fury.


Squad 12’s Dorm, 3rd Floor East Wing, Wonderbolts’ Compound --

As Moony opens the door to the shared room that Squad Twelve occupies, she finds the light still on, and pale yellow stallion wearing a red smoking jacket and reading a newspaper sitting in a chair directly across from the door. After a few steps into the room, and the door securely closed, the stallion lowers the paper and raises an eyebrow at Moony.

“Do you know what hour it is, young lady?” Sunny asks his sister with a clearly fake serious look on his face. “And here I thought I told that nice young stallion to bring you home promptly at eleven, not four am.”

Moony, still floating a little herself, merely grins at her twin’s theatrics. “You were too busy getting chewed out to tell him anything, Sunny.”

Waving a hoof dismissively and smiling widely, Sunny leans forward. “Details, details, my dear sister. You chewed us all out quite thoroughly earlier. I think the least you can do is tell us how your date went!” He points to the two other occupants of the room, who are both looking over at their Captain with smiles of their own. “It’s only fair, after all the trouble we went through to get you two hooked up!”

“Are you sure you don’t want to just read about it in the paper?” Moony retorts, laughing even as she blushes, recalling exactly what had ended their evening out.

“Nope!” Sunny declares, rolling his newspaper up. “I want to hear it from the source! Or one of them, anyway. I doubt we’ll be seeing young Sky for a while. Poor colt must be getting the dress down of a lifetime.”


Squad 6, Dorm #2, 3rd Floor West Wing, Wonderbolts Compound --

Stumbling against the door, Sky does his best to figure out which doorknob is the real one. His hoof knocks against the door a few times, loudly, and before he really does figure out the mystery of the elusive doorknob, the door opens from within and he spills inside.

And right into Dancer’s face.

“Good to see you’ve returned,” Dancer yawns as he pulls Sky inside. “Tide was starting to get worried, but Midnight convinced her to get some sleep.” He takes his drunken friend and puts him on his bed. “But, you’ve made quite a bit of noise so…”

“So it’s time you explained why in Celestia’s name you’re just now getting back!” Tide growls from the door. Without waiting for a response, the captain of Squad Six comes inside and looms over her squadmate, a look of deep disapproval on her face. “You three may have convinced me that you going on a date with.... With that sorry excuse for a squad captain was a good idea, but I am still your captain and you should have been back long before now!”

“Aww, you were worried about me!” Sky hiccups, leaning over and hugging his captain. “It’s okay, me ‘n Moony only got into a little-lot of trouble! I am sure the tabloids will treat us well.”

“What!?” Tide exclaims, pressing her face into Sky’s. “Tabloids? WHAT DID YOU TWO DO!?”

“Weeelllllll,” Sky slurs, falling backwards onto his bed, arms splayed out on both sides. “It’s a little hard to remember… but, here is what I remember.”

As Sky starts his story, Midnight walks in with a bowl of popcorn, and sits down next to Dancer.

“Where’d you get that?” Dancer asks absently, taking a hoof-full of popcorn.

“Squad Twelve, said I’d need it,” Midnight replies. “They weren’t wrong.”

“Sooo, the best night ever started with me and Moonbow going to that nice sushi place…” Sky starts, pausing to frown and tap the end of his muzzle. “Sak… sakur…”

“Sakura-Ya,” Midnight supplies helpfully from behind Tide, earning herself a smile from Sky and a glare from Tide.

“Yeah! That place! Thank you, Midnight,” Sky thanks his squadmate with an over exaggerated nod. “We had some of their expensive dishes, nothing that broke the bank, but it was really good…. Oh! And a bottle ‘n a half of rice wine… It was really good.”

Tide’s face goes blank as she hears that last part. “Do you know how much alcohol is in that stuff?”

“No, ‘s just good stuff!” Sky protests, shrugging. “After that, we decided to get some fresh air, n’ walk around Canterlot a bit. Lucky ‘fer us there was this really awesome club down the street, and apparently DJ P0N3 was playing! Y’know, Vinyl from down in the Sound Lab? I’ve never seen her perform before, but she’s reeeaaallllyyy good.”

“She really is,” Dancer agrees as he nibbles on some popcorn. “I’ve seen her perform a few times, she gives Wonderbolts a discount to her shows.”

“Really? I didn’t know that. I’ll have to go sometime,” Midnight chuckles.

“You guys’re my favorite peanut gallery!’ Sky declares, getting off-topic.

“What happened after that?” Tide asks, narrowing her eyes. “Because it better have just been dancing.”

“Oh… We danced… And we told a bunch of ponies we were Wonderbolts!” Sky explains, pointing a hoof up in the air, then looking at it as if it’s the most fascinating thing in the world. ‘They bought us some drinks… I don’t know what they were called, but they tasted better than the rice wine…” He then blushes and giggles. “Then me and Moony danced in the middle of the dance floor, all close n’ stuff. We kissed, n’ danced real close, like nopony else was there.”

“Aww, I knew getting those two together would be cute!” Midnight giggles, bouncing on the bed next to Dancer. “What happened next!”

“Oh… Well, apparently everypony got jealous of us,” Sky continues with a sly grin. “Except for Vinyl. She just raised her glasses and gave us the most encouraging wink ever.”

“Of course she did,” Tide deadpans, putting a hoof to her face. “Please tell me you two didn’t get kicked out!”

“That n’ order?” Sky asks, smiling goofily.

“Depends,” Tide responds slowly, narrowing her eyes. “When I pick up the morning edition of the Canterlot Times, will you two be on the front page?”

“Oh… No, I doubt we’ll be on the front page,” Sky grimaces. “They have to make that page foal-friendly.” He then smiles again and giggles. “Oh! Perhaps Equestria World News? They don’t have to make their covers foal-friendly! Oh, I hope they got a good picture of me and Moony on the dance floor! Moony’d like that for her album!”

“I think I’ve heard enough,” Tide groans before looking to Dancer. “Make sure you get him up bright and early. We’ll see how smug he is doing combat practice with a hangover.” She then looks to Midnight. “Let’s get back to our room, I have a feeling tomorrow is going to be a long day…”

“Alright, Tide,” Midnight sighs, handing the bowl of popcorn to Dancer before following Tide. They both quickly leave the room and the two stallions who live there.

“I think I’m in love, Dancer,” Sky says sleepily.

“Of course you are, lover-colt,” Dancer chuckles. “Now, go brush your teeth, and use mouthwash, and get to bed. Tomorrow, you’re going to go through Tartarus with training.” He pauses, looking over at Sky, who has fallen asleep. “Or you can pass out…”


Squad 6, Dorm #1, 3rd Floor West Wing, Wonderbolts Compound --

Tide lays on her back, arms crossed as she glares at the ceiling. “Remind me again why I’m not allowed to kill Moonbow?” she asks nopony in particular.

“Because it’s a violation of the Code,” Midnight yawns, turning over to look at her squad captain. “And you want our younger brother to be happy. So, get some sleep, and you can torment him in the morning for drinking so heavily.” She then turns back over, and after a few seconds points a hoof at Tide. “And stop smiling when you think about pummeling him into the mats because you’re changing up the sparring partners!”

Author's Note:

Poor... Scandalized Riptide... What has her little brother Sky gotten himself into?

:trollestia:

Thank you for reading!

Written by Witching Hour & Sylvian.

Comments ( 21 )

Sky is me drunk.

Sky is totally me drunk... and it's sad.

7545194
I'll be sure to let Sylvian know that! XD Because he's the one who wrote that particular passage... :pinkiehappy:

7545194
Thanks! It was a really fun part to write, and I am glad you liked it!

I do say, that this requires more, the flow follows a nice tempo, and the story doesn't drag on and on! Really enjoyed this collection!

7672813
We're glad you enjoyed it! The Troll Squad 2: Electric Boogaloo is currently in the early planning stages as we figure out what shenanigans these clowns'll get up to next... :pinkiecrazy:

7672813

Glad you liked it! It was a lot of fun to help write the first chapter. The next story, I am sure, will be just as fun, if not more so than this story!

7811809

Crude humor, feigned incest, shamelessness, and unadulterated crack that comes from writing in the wee hours of the morning in the delusional throes of fatigue.

No power in the 'verse can stop them. They live for flying dangerously, and trolling the ever-loving life out of everypony they meet.

are you a firefly fan too?!

7993472
Very much so! Firefly, Star Trek, Star Wars... If it's geeky, odds are pretty good I'm into it. :twilightsheepish:

7995550 same.... what about Stargate? Judging from your choices I'd highly recommend it :pinkiehappy:

7995647
I used to watch it fairly religiously... But I kinda fell out of it because I lost the plot...

7996127
I probably will... My brother has all of it on his computer.

..... :rainbowderp:

What did I just reeaaadddd.....??????

wHY dOEs ThIS ExISt?!?!?

GAAHHHHHHH

*deep breath*

WHOO!

I'M OKAY!

I SWEAR I'm okay!

*crickets*

No. No I'm not.

I made the right decision joining Misfits, right? I'm totally not gonna die, right?

RIGHT?!

:applejackconfused: :applejackconfused: :applejackconfused:

*SweetHarmony.exe has stopped working*

*proceeds to die in a hole*

*mutters*

8386595
You say that like I haven't figured it out yet.

8387899
No, that's just me trying to convince myself that I'll be okay when I actually know deep down that I'll be dead before it's all over.

9723856
Glad you enjoyed!

And jeeze, been ages since anyone has commented on this story! Makes me feel good to see mine and Witching Hour's hard work has not gone to waste :D

10497564
LOL. Don't worry hon. We're used to being found only after significant inroads on reading PTH has been made... :raritywink:

Glad you liked it tho!

10501066
To be abundantly fair, the Expanded Wonderverse/VirtueVerse creations are NOT cannon for the Wonderverse - and that's okay by us... :twilightsmile:

However, if you're interested in more side stories, and with focus on the EW/VV storyline (wherein we try desperately to pave over the glaring plotholes from the Wonderverse) - here's our Recommended Reading Order for our stories.

10501066
We are a very well kept secret, honestly. Mostly because everyone looks at PTH and balks at the size of it, gets burned out halfway through, hopelessly lost, or just doesn't know we exist because we all stopped reading like 1mil words ago.

10501369
Well... Here's a whole bunch of stuff for you to read! ((showers you with approximately 728k words of VirtueVerse Writings))

Login or register to comment