• Published 24th Nov 2015
  • 1,739 Views, 21 Comments

A Dash of Harmony - Hop3l3ssRomantic



Harmony Glade is a normal girl at CHS. Well as normal as the lead in the marching band can be. She finds her day to day routine and norms changed once Rainbow Dash asks her for help. A hopefully cute oneshot inspired by Rainbows pep rally song.

  • ...
3
 21
 1,739

Chapter Seven

My mom was always so supportive of my music. Even when we didn't have much money she did her best to get me some sort of lessons. We went to music stores and I got to play on the different instruments while she talked to the store owner. My dad however, only cared about getting another drink. He spent all our money bars and parties, mom confronted him about it many times. It made her mad, especially when kids started teasing me about him. He hated the fact that my music was taking up his money, and refused to get me lessons. My mom told him that he had to choose between my future, or he could indulge in all his guilty pleasures alone.

That was the last day I saw him, he told me I was a greedy little….. And drove off. He drank himself to death that day. I didn't have anything but my piano and my mom after that, and I wrote a song. It was my first bout of inspiration.

~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

I wipe my eyes again get up to leave. When I open the door I find Rainbow standing outside waiting for me. “Oh hey Rainbow, did I make you wait long?” I ask waiting for a response. Her eyes look over every part of my face. Can she tell I was crying?

“What's wrong?” She asks, staring at me intently. I pull my bag up further on my shoulder, looking away.

“Nothing's wrong. I'm just tired is all.” I tell her, feigning a yawn. She frowns, not buying it. I smile at her and begin walking, she walks with me.

“See, you are overworking yourself. Let's go do something, get your mind off this contest.” She skips ahead of me and walks backwards as she says that, confident that I'll say yes.

“Maybe a distraction will help,” I answer with a nod. She smiles widely and starts chattering away. I smile and let myself get lost in whatever she decides to talk about.

~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Rainbow’s idea of a distraction included treating me to a limited number of sweets at Sugarcube Corner. Which is delicious. I glare at her as she tries once again to steal a bite of my cupcake, while fighting back laughter as well. I shove the rest of the cupcake in my mouth and swallow quickly. Now it's her turn to glare and me, and I wink in response.

“Come on Rainbow, if you wanted some you should've bought some.” I tell her, licking some frosting off my finger.

“Well I assumed that you'd share considering I'm your girlfriend.” She says, staring down my treats. I stop her hand, which was sneaking up from under the table in another attempt to steal one.

“I don't share sweets with anyone, even you Rainbow.” I say, laughing at her. She frowns and crosses her arms, starting to understand just how deeply I love sweets. I smile and keep eating.

“Looks like distracting you worked. You don't look stressed or upset anymore, I'm glad. Of course I knew how to fix it, I am the coolest after all.” She says, boasting like usual. I giggle.

“The best of the best.” I agree, watching her smile widen. “Maybe I was a bit too stressed, but that doesn't mean it's without reason. This competition would guarantee a spot at any music school in the country, possibly overseas too.” I continue, but of course she already knows all that. “I know I worried you with how hard I've been working, but there really isn't any reason to be. I know my limits, and I haven't passed them.”

She moves over into the seat right next to me. “You're completely sure?” She asks, rubbing her thumb over mine. I give her a wide smile and nod.

“Would I lie to you?” I ask, and she shakes her head before laughing at her own silliness. I feel a pang of guilt in my stomach for telling her that nothing was wrong earlier, but that wasn't much of a lie so I let it go.

Rainbow takes me from place to place until the sun is low in the sky. I convince her that I've been thoroughly de-stressed and manage to get home in time for dinner. I fall onto the couch, exhausted from all the practices and running around afterwards. When my mom doesn't greet me I drag myself into the kitchen, finding a note on the counter.

Dinners in the fridge, I have to work late. XOXO -Mom

I roll my eyes and microwave the premade dinner before eating it on the couch.

Author's Note:

I'm so glad everyone's enjoying this. Just a few more chapters and it should be done. This is just the first of hopefully many equestrian girls fics, so you'll see these two again.