• Published 24th Nov 2015
  • 1,745 Views, 21 Comments

A Dash of Harmony - Hop3l3ssRomantic



Harmony Glade is a normal girl at CHS. Well as normal as the lead in the marching band can be. She finds her day to day routine and norms changed once Rainbow Dash asks her for help. A hopefully cute oneshot inspired by Rainbows pep rally song.

  • ...
3
 21
 1,745

Chapter Three

The next round was a fiasco, to say the least. Rainbow did look really awesome with all her saving people and that outfit, though it would have been better if saving people wasn't a thing that needed to happen. Now all those students from Crystal Prep think we're cheating. Think that she's cheating.

~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

“Trixie knows it was absolutely not a date, but Trixie would like to know how it went.” Trixie asks, in her own-loud- Trixie way. I roll my eyes. I knew the moment they saw me walking back with Rainbow that this would happen, I just didn't imagine they'd wait till lunch. Or that Trixie would be the one to ask, very loudly, where half the school could hear.

“We're just friends Trixie. Nothing more, nothing less. It was just two friends hanging out, and yes it went well.” I say, getting the same response as always. I glare at both of them, somehow.

“Harmony, hey! We were all just eating our lunch, having a super-rific time and Rarity mentioned how you went to all of Rainbows games and Rainbow mentioned how you guys hung out together so I thought we should all go out to get dessert together”-Pinkie Pie suddenly appears and blurts out a lot of words. She pauses to take a large breath, “Anyway do you wanna come eat dessert with us?” She asks, the rest of the group still walking over. I had only slightly opened my mouth when she leaned in and whispered, “It would make Dashie super duper happy!!”

“Sure Pinkie I'd love to…” I say, and she pulls me away before I can even wave to my friends. Suddenly I'm standing in front of Rarity, Applejack, Rainbow, Fluttershy, and Sunset, with Pinkie next to me. I just sort of wave awkwardly.

Rarity’s eye twitches and I realize that Pinkie's shenanigans made my hair a complete mess. I pull out the second bun. “Rarity, uh...I don't have a brush with me…” She smiles widely and starts doing stuff to my hair. I was just hoping to borrow a brush. I give Rainbow a look, but she's just bent over laughing at my situation. Oh yeah, real funny. “Uh Rarity?”

“Shh darling, you're wearing it down today, and you're wearing it just the way I want you to.” She insists, tugging and pulling more than necessary with the brush. She stops brushing and starts comparing accessories.

“Rainbow was right your hair really is prettier down.” She says, as she holds something against the back of my head.

“Rarity! I never said that!” Rainbow exclaims, her hands balled in fists and-is she blushing?

“Why of course you did Rainbow. Just because I'm not Applejack doesn't mean I'm gonna lie.” She says, finally standing back to take a look at what she did. “No no no. What was I thinking, I need the yellow ribbon.” She exclaims with a gasp, and quickly changes out the -ribbon?- on the back of my head. Finally she declares it done and stops fussing over my hair.

“This feels a bit weird but I guess…” I say, fidgeting with the end of my skirt. “how do I look?” I ask, and notice everyone turn to Rainbow.

“Why's everyone looking at me?” She questions, getting a sigh from Rarity and an eye roll from the others.

“What Rainbow means to say is you look reeeeally good with your hair like that and that she's way too embarrassed to say anything beca-” Rainbow put her hand over Pinkie's mouth before she could say more. Which muffled her words at best. Rainbow, however, is for sure blushing at this point. But, well, so am I.

“Thanks” I whisper, quietly enough that I'm not embarrassed but loud enough to know Rainbow heard it.

“Uh so sweets?” I remind everyone, awkwardly. This gets a positive response from everyone and we all walk off campus to go to the local sweets store. Somehow I end up in the middle of the group with everyone trying to talk to me. Well, except Fluttershy.

Eventually the excitement disperses some and I am able to walk a bit ahead of them-i'm sure If I tried walking behind them I'd end up in the middle again. Rainbow soon falls into step with me, and chatters on about anything and everything that meant not talking about what Pinkie said. There isn't anything wrong with that, after all, she can make any conversation interesting.

~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

“Harmony, share! You don't need a dozen cupcakes, five scones, and three each of six types of cookies all to yourself!” Sunset Shimmer exclaims, counting on her fingers as everyone stares at my small feast of treats. Most of them had finished their one or two of whatever and were drooling at the sight of my plate. I merely look them all in the eye, in turn.

“Mine.” I state clearly and purposefully, before eating another cupcake. Even Pinkie ate less than me. “If you guys wanted more you should've bought more.”

“Ever heard of moderation?” Rainbow shouts. I roll my eyes and motion for her to come closer. I act like she's going to get a cupcake. She falls for it and gets close enough. She notices my smile change to a smirk right before I shove the cupcake in her face. I can’t waste all that cupcake though, so I let her keep it. Everyone erupts in laughter and I take a bit of frosting off her face with my finger. By that I mean a lot of frosting, and it’s delicious. I expected her to get mad, or laugh, but she just sort of freezes. That's how it appears, until I feel someone's arms holding my own back and everyone else just sort of grabs sweets off my plate.

“Nooo! My sweets! You're raiding me, how dare you! I'll get you back for this.” I yell, kicking my legs and trying to free myself. Rainbow just gives me a look that says ‘bring it’. Oh it is brought. But first, I need to free myself.

“It would be such a shame if my hair got messed up because of this, wouldn't it Rarity?” I taunt, preparing to mess it up as much as possible in 3………2……….

“Stop!” She yells, and I feel my arms be released. I smooth out my hair and stand, looking at each of them in turn, my eyes stopping to rest on Rainbow.

“As fun as this was, I should get going.” I say, taking the accessories out of my hair and handing them back to Rarity. I let my hair fall where it wants, part of it shielding my face. With a quick turn and a wave I rush out the door. As I walk quickly back to school I pull my hair up, fastening it with confidence into the buns that I'm so familiar with.

My mind falls into the normal pattern of music and slow, peaceful thoughts as I go through my routines in my head. The pep rally plays through my head on rerun and I even start humming it.

When I reach the school I overhear a group of crystal prep girls bad mouthing Twilight. Everyone deserves better than being surrounded by people like that. I walk over there, my hands in fists. “You guy's are horrible people! Even when someone helps you to win you hate them, winning isn't everything!” I yell, catching their attention, “And you guys may win but in the end you're all going to have less fulfilling lives!” I add, fuming at them. They snicker.

“What a loser, she's just like the rest of these Wondercolts.” On of them says, checking over her nails disinterestedly.

“A cheater and a loser.” Another adds, I clench my teeth.

“We aren't cheaters.” I reply, trying not to lose my temper. They snicker at me. Echoes of loser and other taunts go through the group.

“Come on, you're all cheaters,” A third one adds, leaning towards me with crossed arms.

“Especially that flying one. You know, the one with the gaudy rainbow hair,” another says, gesturing to her own hain with superiority. The group laughs and agrees with her. I almost punch her but know that won't help anything.

“She saved the lives of some of your classmates! She's no cheater!” I yell, before walking off. They taunt me as I walk away but I ignore them. I stomp through the halls to my next class and flop down next to Watermelody. She puts a music sheet on my desk and I start to look it over. Next to the title of the piece is a scribble of writing:

What's happening with you and Rainbow?

I write ‘Friends’ under her question and slide it to the side of my desk. She does a sort of ‘ah’ motion and scribbles on it again.

That's not what the rumors say.

I shake my head in disbelief, people really should stop believing rumors. She begins taking notes and generally participating in class. Begrudgingly I do the same. The rest of my classes are all boring.

~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

The last part of the game is going to start in ten minutes, I spot Rainbow standing just inside the doorway to meet up with the rest of the participants. “Trixy, Lavender, save me a seat. I'll catch up with you.” I say, waving them off. They nod and head out to the bleachers. “Rainbow!” I call, running up to her.

“Hey Harmony, what's up?” Her greeting is just as confident and normal as always.

“Ready for the last round?” I ask nervously. She smiles and gives an of course.

“Something's going to go down out there. Just like the music festival and the dance. Magic has already caused problems and there will be more.” I add, searching her eyes for a reaction. I can feel the danger in the air, and know something is wrong. It's simple instincts.

“Are you worried?” She asks, putting her hands on her hips.

“Surely you know me well enough to not be.” She adds, taking a step towards me, her eyes locked on my own. “I'll make sure everything turns out well, and that we win.” Her voice is full of confidence, and reassures me a bit.

“Be sure to be out there cheering me on, k Harmony?” Her eyes flicker over my body for a second before meeting my own again, causing me to blush. I'm suddenly very self conscious, and shift from foot to foot nervously.

“Your support will be a big help.” She finishes, reaching out and lightly touching my arm. I feel shivers run up my arm at the touch, and feel my blush deepen. She gives me one last look before heading out the door. I rub my arm and smile, before continuing on and out the door closest to the bleachers to meet up with my friends.

Everyone is so excited at the countdown, i doubt they notice the electricity in the air, or the tension between the two teams. ‘This is not going to end well. Nope, nopity nope nope, I think to myself, with a nervous swallow.

Vice Principal Luna and Dean Cadance both yell now and suddenly Twilight is engulfed in magic. This is not good. Another she-demon, come on! When she opens the large rift in the ground I grab Lavender and Trixie's hands and run us into the school. We try not to trip along the way, and the large, panicking crowd does not help. When we eventually make it inside we find more rifts opening. We found a spot that has fewer rifts, and catch our breath for a few minutes.

We can still hear the battle outside, when a beautiful yellow magic closes the rifts around us. We all let out a sigh of relief, but know that it's not all over yet. Trixie, Lavender, and I fall to the ground and hug each other.

After a long time of waiting with a good deal of other students Principal Celestia and Vice Principal Luna come in to relay to us the outcome and let us know that everything's safe again. Everyone begins to stir, and I stand up with a stretch. I look at Trixie and Lavender again, glad that they're safe. I hug them again, before letting curiosity lead me out the doors.

Now outside, I lean against a wall and watch everyone chat about what will happen next, and while not all the Crystal Prep students seem to be sold on friendship they are a bit friendlier. I just hope these students have learned some sort of lessen. No one seems to notice me, so I content myself to humming and observing. After all, this situation is not an unusual one for our school.

As everything dies down the different students begin to separate back into their normal groups. When the once again heroes of the school start to approach (or head inside, since I'm right next to the doors) I hear Pinkie talking about throwing a ‘Thank Goodness Twilight Didn't Tear Apart Our World’ party.

Pinkie's eyes catch mine and she rushes over excitedly. “Oh lookie! Its Harmony, heeey Harmony! I was just saying we should throw a party!! What do you think?” She asks, bouncing up and down with excitement. I smile back at her and nod. ‘A party would be great’ I think to myself. “See, she thinks a party's a good idea!” Pinkie says, staring at Sunset.

“We ain't saying a party's a bad idea Pinkie, we're saying a ‘Thank Goodness Twilight Didn't Tear Apart Our World’ party is a bad idea.” Applejack says, dashing her hopes for such a frankly insensitive theme.

I smile and look at Pinkie, an idea coming to mind, “What about a, The magic of Friendship saves the day again party?” I suggest. She smiles widely and starts chattering about everything necessary for such a party.

Author's Note:

I hope everyone's enjoying the story so far, ive done some editing so as to make the story more enjoyable to read, thanks to some free editing advice from a member of the community! I hope everyone likes this chapter as well!