• Published 24th Nov 2015
  • 1,739 Views, 21 Comments

A Dash of Harmony - Hop3l3ssRomantic



Harmony Glade is a normal girl at CHS. Well as normal as the lead in the marching band can be. She finds her day to day routine and norms changed once Rainbow Dash asks her for help. A hopefully cute oneshot inspired by Rainbows pep rally song.

  • ...
3
 21
 1,739

Chapter Two

“Harmony, are you still thinking about the cake??” Lavender asks, feigning annoyance.

“It was just such a waste!” I exclaim, throwing my head and arms down onto the table. Trixie pats my head and Lavender giggles a little.

“The great and powerful Trixie has recently acquired exciting information!” Trixie exclaims loudly, we shush her -insisting that she must continue at a more reasonable volume. She nods, yet there is virtually no difference when she continues, “Lyra and BonBon have started dating!” I lift my head up at that and smile brightly. Lavender comments on how good they are together, and we end up in a lengthy conversation about their love life.

That is until Trixie stands up again, and points at me dramatically. “The Great and Powerful Trixie hopes one of her other friends starts dating the girl she likes too. Trixie will only have the best for her friends.” She exclaims, getting glares from around the room. Lavender sighs and facepalms, fed up with Trixie's antics.

Trixies words finally sink in, and I stammer out a protest, “I don't like anyone that way though!” Lavender and Trixie share a look before rolling their eyes at me and giggling.

“Yes, because meetiing in the moonlight and spending a night in romantic, peaceful, silence is completely not liking anyone that way.” Lavender comments as soon as she can stop giggling, getting me to glare at her. Trixie continues laughing, even snorting a few times.

Knowing that there isn’t a way to convince them otherwise, I take my tray up to empty. ‘Are they really wrong though?’ I wonder silently. I turn to walk back, and notice Rainbow chatting excitedly with the rest of her friends. Just as I go to look away, she looks up and makes eye contact, smiles, and waves me over. I blush and pull up a music book, thankfully I had brought my bag with me, and I exit the room quickly, heading towards my locker. When I get there I pull my baton out and look in the mirror - just to notice how much I'm blushing. ‘There's no possible way they're right, ’ I think to myself, refusing to accept the possibility.

I let my hair down and rub the spots where the the buns were. My hair reaches down to my waist and I let it rest there for a few moments, before pulling them back up into buns.

When I close my locker I find Rainbow standing on the other side. ‘How does she sneak up like that?’ She looks at me with confidence- even smirking a bit- before saying, “You always have something to do, come hang out with me today.” She crosses her arms and leans against the lockers, waiting for an answer.

I fidget a bit, before replying with the biggest cop-out I know, “I should practice, the band sort of relies on me.” Her smirk drops for a second, but she replaces it with a smile so quickly that I almost miss it.

“Besides shouldn't you be preparing for the games?” I ask, twisting the baton in my hand nervously.

“How do you prepare for something when you don't know what it will be?” She counters, pulling away from the lockers. Her eyes lock onto mine for a split second before she turns to leave.

“If you don't want to hang out that's fine, you'll be missing out on a lot of awesomeness.” She continues and starts to walk away. It may be my imagination but she doesn't seem too happy about all that awesomeness.

I play with the end of my skirt nervously. “Rainbow,” I call, and she stops immediately, but doesn't turn around. “I'm sorry” I continue, searching for the right words. “...practicing, that was just an excuse. I just, I don't know how to hang out with the popular girl who's the captain of everything…” My voice breaks halfway through the word everything, and I swallow nervously before continuing, “Or the girl who helped save the world twice.” I say, dropping my head some. “I didn't mean to avoid you or anything.”

She doesn't move, and neither do I. What is she thinking right now? I glance up at her and notice that she'd turned her head to look at me. We make eye contact and she faces forward again, quickly.

“Do you know how to hang out with a girl who thinks you're cool? I'm not a celebrity Harmony, I'm just like everyone else.” She says, seeming to drop her ‘more awesome than everyone else’ act for a moment.

You've never been ‘just like everyone else’ to me,’ I almost say. I choose instead to go with, “I think I can do that.” I walk up to her and put my hand on her shoulder.

“Rainbow?” I ask, quietly. She looks at me and I feel my whole body tingle. Her eyes are so pretty. “Do you really think I'm cool?” I ask, my voice barely more than a whisper. She bursts out laughing at that, and I laugh too.

“Come on Harmony, today is going to be awesome.” She states, running off through the halls. I watch her run a bit before taking off after. ‘Everyday is awesome with you around.

~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

“Rainbow what are you doing you're going to get hurt up there!” I yell as she balances on the top of a wire fence. She laughs and lifts one of her feet up in response to my exclamations. “Rainbow!!” I yell again, crossing my arms.

“Relax Harmony, how could I possibly get hurt with you around?” She asks, but gets no response other than my already crossed arms.

“I'll just pony up and fly down.” She jokes, laughing at my fear. I roll my eyes and search my mind for some way to get her down. ‘Found it,

“What are you gonna do if you can't compete today? You can't let those Crystal Preppers win because of your inability to compete. Besides Rarity would be so upset if you didn't wear one of her amazing outfits.”

She gives in with a large exaggerated sigh and climbs down. “Why are you always so logical? I was having fun,” She looks closely at me before smiling widely. “besides, you have to admit it was pretty cool.”

I roll my eyes, “Just like you,” I reply, playing along with her boasting. I begin to walk away from the fence, toward a more populated street. She runs to catch up with me and sort of just moves hyperactively around me. I look down at the ground and watch my feet, noticing my sudden change in demeanor, she falls into step next to me.

“What's wrong?” She asks, nudging my shoulder with her own. I look up at her with a slightly exaggerated sad face.

“You scared me.” I reply with a sigh. She laughs and gets a few steps ahead of me before turning around in a flurry of motion that included stopping completely.

Not noticing fast enough, I bump into her, almost falling to the ground before she catches me. We stand like that for a moment before she let's go and I take a few steps back awkwardly.

She thinks for a few seconds before finally remembering what to say “That's what made it fun.” She laughs a little and continues walking. “We should get some grub, I'm starving,” she adds, before listing off different foods.

“If you eat right before the game you're gonna get cramps. We should get back to the school.” I tell her, quickly catching up. She sighs at my response but adjusts her direction anyway. “Besides we don't have to hang out in every way possible in one day you know. We can hang out again.” I add.

She smirks at that. “Of course we will. Who wouldn't want to hang out with the most awesome person around?” She says, not expecting an answer. We joke and laugh the whole way back.

Author's Note:

I'm so glad that this story has gotten so many positive responses so far! I just couldn't wait to post the next part! This story was finished when I posted the first chapter, but now I've added more so I don't know how long it will end up. Hope you enjoyed this one too.