• Published 23rd Nov 2015
  • 8,998 Views, 37 Comments

Whatcha Say? - Flutterpriest



Equestria has almost everything that Earth can offer, except sign language. Fluttershy wants to have a very important conversation with you, but she just doesn't seem to be making any sense. What is she trying to say?

  • ...
17
 37
 8,998

One-Shot

Training is key.

When you open your eyes, you already know what time it is. It's about 8am. Rolling over, you check the clock on your bedside and it only affirms your instinct. The alarm clock was set to exactly when you wanted to wake up, but you don't hear an alarm. It's not because the alarm clock is defective, but rather, that you have a critical flaw.

Deafness.

It was never a problem when you were on Earth. American sign language is a fantastic way to communicate with whoever has the patience to learn it. Even then, lip reading is an extremely useful tool. Both of which you were able to become fluent with, as well as still be able to speak.

The only problem... was that sign language wasn't really an option for these ponies. Pinkie Pie tried once, but you still have nightmares about it.

Moving to the side of your bed, you get up and move to the window, where the golden rays of the day assault your pupils. With a quick rub of your eyelids, you knock the sand out of your eyes to get a good view of the world outside. There wasn't a cloud in the sky, a gentle breeze rustled the leaves in the trees, and the birds were flapping their mouths a lot. It'll be a good day to get some things done outside.

But, not yet. It's too early for this shit. You need some coffee.

Stretching your arms, you grunt the soreness from your muscles as you head downstairs in your pajamas. While you're at it, you might as well have a bowl of the best cereal ever. Sweetie O's.

Walking into your kitchen, you relished the brief moment of peace and quiet. Figuratively speaking.

Most ponies try to just grab your attention by punching some random part of your body. So, every day you had to leave your house to a relentless assault of ponies. Which would be great, if you were into that sort of thing.

But, your not. Also, they're horses.

But, that's negotiable.

The other side effect of being deaf in Equestria was quite simple. No visitors at the door. Apparently some ponies would just come and knock on your door and you'd never even answer. Which was only a bit of a problem when Pinkie used her face to knock. For about five hours. After that, and a hospital bill, ponies just seemed to not come to your door anymore. You wouldn't even hear if there was a massive dragon terrorizing the town right outside your window.

However, that's probably never happened before.

Yet, there is still one little ability you have. Over the years of people staring awkwardly and trying to grab your attention, you have a sixth sense for when other ponies are around.

And sure enough, once you started the coffee pot, the hairs on your neck stood up. The unmistakable feeling of forgetting something pestered your thoughts. The unnerving sensation of being watched crept into your soul.

But, it's morning. Screw it.

Grabbing a bowl and some cereal, you do your best to disregard it and enjoy your breakfast. Sitting down, you prep your breakfast and fill your spoon with little frosted Sweetie O's. Raising it to your mouth, you close your eyes and relish that nothing is going to ruin your morning.

Until something touches your shoulder.

Then Kung-Fu mode kicks in.

You grab the unknown entity by the hoof and whip them around. As the mysterious pony is lifted into the air, your breakfast goes flying. Finally, you get a good luck at the intruder as they slam into the nearest wall.

"Oh! Hi Fluttershy," you say normally. “Sorry about that.”

Fluttershy slides down the wall, dazed and confused. You check the front door and find it closed tight. She must have closed the door on her way in. What a nice unwelcomed house guest.

She stands up and hides her face behind her mane. Your eyes focus on her, but her mouth is completely covered by her mane. Her face and hair move a little bit, then she stares at you.

Oh shit, she's probably talking.

"Uh, I won't understand you unless I see your lips, Fluttershy. I can't read your mind."

Fluttershy tosses her mane behind her face and blushes.

"Oh... um... sorry. It's just, you never answer your door in the morning when I come to check on you, and... well. I was worried that something might have happened to you," she says.

"Oh! Well thanks! I never hear if I have visitors, so this means you must be the first real visitor I've ever had."

She buries her face into her hair again to hide the adorable smile and pinkness on her cheeks.

"Can't hear you."

"Oh... yes. Well, um. I just wanted to know if ... your ..." she says slowly.

Except, then she says something else. You haven't lip read these words before.

"Uh. Can you say that again, please? Maybe slower?"

"Um. I wanted to know if sunrises was your …"

Her face glowed in anticipation for your answer. She moved closer to you with the cutest smile on her face.

"I'm sorry, one more time? I didn't catch the last part."

"Are surprises your ...ish?"

'Are surprises my relish?' No that can't be right. 'Are sunrises moonish?'

"Silly Fluttershy, sunrises don't have anything to do with the moon," you say with a wide smile.

She looks at you with an unmatched expression of confusion.

"No anon, are sur-prises your ...-dish?"

Uhhh. Okay. Surprises. Got it. But dish?

"How can surprises be my favorite dish. Surprises aren't food, silly."

Unless it's a Pinkie Pie surprise anyway. Then sometimes it's food.

"No, no, no!" she says, her face scrunched.

She stomps her front hooves on the ground and thinks for a second. Adorableness of this magnitude can only exist on Equestria. She takes a deep breath, and brings her hooves to your face.

"I want to make doves with you."

Woah. Lewd.

"Uh... We should let doves do that on their own, Fluttershy."

Everyone always said that she was really good with animals, and you thought they meant like a zoo keeper. But, now you were really beginning to wonder if she really is a crazy animal pony.

"No. Uhm. I want you, to count me."

You look down at your fingers, then back to her.

"Uhm. Okay," you answer, unsure if yourself.

Her face lights up and she begins to dance in the air. Finally. Something you can do right. You point at her with a proud smile on your face.

"One."

She stops to stare at you, then lets out a dejected sigh.

“Nevermind, Anon. Sorry. I'll leave,” she says.

With a sullen expression, Fluttershy turns and heads to the front door of your home. Goddamnit. You can't let your first house guest leave sad. Let's try one more time! Heading her off, you wave your hands in front of her.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry. Please one more try. I'll get it, I promise. Make it easy. Like for a little filly or colt."

Turning to you, with very little hope left in her face.

"I. Would. Like. To. Sweep. With. You."

Oh shit! That's... That's...

"I would love that Fluttershy!" you answer, your smile widening.

Her face is filled with disbelief.

"Really?" she asks.

"Yeah, a lot."

You run in lightning speed into to your closet. How could she know? How could she know that this turned you on? Maybe she doesn't. Play it cool, Anon. Don't ruin this for yourself.

Grabbing a maid outfit and your broom, you dash back to your kitchen. For 'just-in-case' sexy time celebrations. Trying to conceal Excalibur with the broom, you renter the kitchen. She sits at your table, wearing that innocent smile of hers.

Her smile fades when she sees the broom.

"No, no, no... Not sweep- Just forget it, Anon. I'm sorry I bothered you,” she says.

"No! Fluttershy please! Maybe we could just clean up the kitchen a bit and try again?" you plead.

Fluttershy shakes her head and rises from the table.

"This was a mistake. I'm sorry I came over."

She flies out of the house and the door leaves a silence after it shuts. There was a silence before it shut too, but was is a metaphysical silence, not literal one.

The Sweetie O's weren't sitting well any more. You might as well clean up anyway, since it's a brand new day. However, now you're going to have to live with the disappointment that you will never get to sleep with Fluttershy.

Oh well, she probably wasn't interested in you anyway.

Comments ( 37 )

What in the actual hell dude :rainbowlaugh:

Overall, I liked it. It was short and silly. But, you really need an editor. I suggest the Proofreader Group or the Looking for Editors group. However, the former is more reliable than the latter. Also, Fluttershy is acting a bit out of character. I simply cannot see her to ask a random person (Anon no less) to sleep with her. However, I understand why you chose her for that role. I also understand that I probably shouldn't take this story too seriously.
Anyway, it was good, but there were some grammatical errors and typos. I give it a 6/10.

Has he literally ever seen someone say "sleep" before? And while we're on it, how did he become deaf in the first place? It's implied that since he's able to speak he knows exactly what sounds to make, so he wasn't born deaf. Was it an accident, a disease?

Am I thinking too hard about this silly little one-shot? Probably

Ah misunderstandings, one of the few things that can be both hilarious and frustrating at the same time

6660859 Can't fault him for misunderstanding horse lips.

Lol funny. I've had the idea of making a deaf character in Equestria since i haven't seen that explored as much as just the average joe in Equestria.

Probably for the best that it didn't happen

"What was that you said, doctor?" .... "Oh that's wonderful, I've always wanted pony helpers!"

why does he not have a small black board with chalk he could get people to
wright to him instead of guessing what they are saying?:facehoof:

Hahaha this was funny.
I dont think ive ever seen a deaf human in equestria fic before... thats rather different

but her mouth is completely covered by her face

think you meant mane here, unless her face was melting.

and puts brings her hooves to your face.

extra word perhaps?

with very hope left in her face

This one, well the whole thing is a bit odd

Fluttershy shakes her read and rises from the table

head, cause I dont know how one would do that

6661238 That would be to easy, and nothing can ever be easy for the human in equestria

6661475
Wow! Thanks so much for pointing these out. I'm going to fix them immediately. This is what I get for editing after midnight. :twilightblush:

ooh yeah brother!!!! i thought this story was great actually

6660835 the way fluttershy is acting is a fan cannon thing, i think it commonly goes by the name fetishshy there is one for each of the mane 6. skipping most of the details it is fairly common for nothing to happen in those stories and they tended to be fairly funny atleast to me, so if you run into one of them don't let it scare you off.

AH-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA! Ahhhhh! I can't breathe! 8D LOL

I think we all want to....SWEEP....with Fluttershy. :eeyup:


......What? *grabs broom* My house is a mess. :trollestia:

I feel like there is a lesson in this, but for the life of me, I'm just not getting it.

Just in case sexy time....bah humbug.

At the second time, I'd just ask her to write it down.

6666316 That would probably get you flayed.

[think about it]

6662143

It's called Flutterrape, it was a type of greentext.

Poor Anon.

6670292
*"is" my friend. Our thread is not dead. Not yet. :yay:

6670608

All greentext is dead to me.

...Okay, not really.

How can she be disappointed when she sees him wearing the maid outfit?

Sweetie O's.

I'm more fond of Scoota Puffs.

:rainbowlaugh: Also, I love what you did with this story. I haven't seen a Flutterrape story in ages and I kind of miss them, I always liked that gag. Having it foiled like that is hilarious. I have to say though, the cover picture looks less like Flutters is frustrated and more like she's about to barf.

He is well versed in the ways of pinkie pie

6738917 Or perhaps Apple Flakes?

6661833 Lewd

There's this thing called body language. I'm pretty sure Fluttershy should have just used that.

"The Duck King? Is he one of your animal friends? I'm not ready for a pet."
"Spearmint or cinnamon?"
"Snap my grass? Are you one of those paleo-ponies? Fad diets are a scam Fluttershy!"
"My aunts? They're here too?!"
"Bake you some bread? Shouldn't you be asking Pinkie Pie?"

This is too fun.

"No. Uhm. I want you, to count me."

You look down at your fingers, then back to her.

"Uhm. Okay," you answer, unsure of yourself.

Her face lights up and she begins to dance in the air. Finally. Something you can do right. You point at her with a proud smile on your face.

"One."

:rainbowderp::rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh::pinkiecrazy::rainbowlaugh:

Dammit...

The. Fuck. xD

Comment posted by sinewystatue382 deleted Aug 3rd, 2020
Login or register to comment