• Published 28th Nov 2015
  • 3,489 Views, 88 Comments

Lake Iwannagohome - Scquishiey



The adventure between Rainbow Dash and Soarin continues when Soarin decides where they should go to hangout over the weekend together.

  • ...
3
 88
 3,489

Chapter 7. Dinner and a Show

The sun had set, and Princess Luna’s bright, beautiful moon was out, and the tall pine trees silhouetted against the dark purplish sky. It looked absolutely gorgeous from the cloud where the two Pegasi were perched.

Soarin was sitting up while looking out at the moon and lake with a contented smile the entire time as the moonlight reflected off of his emerald green eyes. It was nice for him to get away from the pressure of being a Wonderbolt, even if it was only for a little while. Sure he loved his job and all, but he loved being able to feel like a normal pony again. He felt free.

Soarin sighed happily, and then looked down to the left; he saw that Rainbow Dash was asleep and quietly snoring.

He saw how the moonlight danced on her blue coat and reflected off every color of her mane. He had never seen such a unique-looking mare before.

A sweet, loving smile grew slowly on his face.

“She’s beautiful.” Soarin whispered.

Rainbow Dash’s ears twitched and her eyelids slowly started to open.

“Huh? Where am I?” Rainbow Dash mumbled and was drowsy from just waking up.

Soarin snapped out of his daydream.

“Oh, uh hey! Look who’s finally awake!” Soarin laughed.

Rainbow Dash sat up and rubbed her eyes.

“Oh hey, Soarin.” Rainbow Dash yawned.

Can it be? No– I can’t. Soarin said to himself.

“Hey! Look!” Rainbow Dash said and pointed a fore hoof out in front of her.

Thousands– no, millions of fireflies started floating out in the distance, slowly spreading around the cloud where Soarin and Rainbow Dash were sitting on, making it look like a mini floating lantern show.

“Wow.” Soarin said in an awed whisper, becoming mesmerized by the amazing scene that stood before him.

“Heh, cool.” Rainbow Dash said coolly.

Soarin glanced over at Rainbow Dash and smiled. He felt something tug on his heartstrings.

“Hey Soarin, had a great time singing with you earlier.” Rainbow Dash said. “Where’d you take your ukulele lessons?” Rainbow Dash smirked.

Soarin turned his head towards her. “Haha, I know I’m not the greatest ukulele player– Soarin was cut off when Rainbow Dash gave him a look that said, “Really?” Soarin sighed, “Hah, okay okay, I know I’m terrible, but I love playing with that thing.” Soarin laughed.

Both smiled at each other and were quiet for a moment.

“So, how do you know that song we sang? Not very many ponies have heard it before.” Soarin asked her as he went back to looking at the fireflies floating all around them.

Rainbow Dash stayed quiet for a few seconds before responding.

“Well, when I was a filly, my parents and I also went on a camping trip.” Rainbow Dash said. “It was terrible because at night, it started to rain and thunder, both of my parents didn't know that a storm was scheduled and I, believe it or not, was actually kind of scared; but only a little bit.” Rainbow Dash smirked. “So, we all ran inside of the tent and that’s when I sat in my mom’s lap as she held me in her arms and sang that song to calm me down.” Rainbow Dash looked up at the moon when she was done talking.

Soarin smiled at her. “Your mom sounds wonderful.” He told her softly.

Rainbow Dash looked up and him and smiled. “Thanks. She really was.” She whispered.

“Was? What do you– oh…” Soarin’s ears flattened against his head after he figured out what she meant.

“I’m so sorry.” He told her quietly.

Rainbow Dash looked at him. “It’s alright, it was a long time ago and I lived happily with just me and my dad.” She smiled at him.

Soarin looked at her. Her magenta eyes looked stunning in the moonlight. His mouth was slowly forming a smile, and was unconsciously moving his head forward, just when a firefly landed right on top of Rainbow Dash’s nose.

Rainbow Dash crossed her eyes to focus on the insect that chose to land on her, her mouth in an ‘O’ shape.

“Heheh.” Soarin chuckled and thought she looked adorable.

“Hey!” Rainbow Dash said as she tried to gently shoo the bug away with a fore hoof.

The firefly ascended back into the air and quickly circled around both Rainbow Dash and Soarin before flying off to join its friends.

Grumble grumble

Both Soarin and Rainbow Dash looked at Soarin’s stomach where the gurgling noises came from.

“Hey, I guess I’m getting kind of hungry.” Soarin rubbed a hoof on the back of his neck as he laughed.

Rainbow Dash remembered that she still had her muffin from Sugarcube Corner in her saddle bag.

“I’ll be right back!” Rainbow Dash said as she got off from the cloud and darted down towards the tent, went inside, and came back out holding her carrot cake muffin in her hooves as she flew back up to the cloud where Soarin was waiting.

“Here, we can split it.” Rainbow Dash said as she too felt herself getting a little peckish. She didn’t have time to order anymore snacks before they left the bakery since she was scared off by Pinkie Pie.

Rainbow Dash divided the muffin in half; crumbs came off and fell through the cloud as she handed half of it over to Soarin.

Soarin took the muffin half and stuffed the whole thing into his mouth.

“Thanks!” He said with a mouthful of muffin, pieces of it flew out of his mouth as he spoke.

“No prob.” Rainbow Dash said as she looked at him with glistening eyes and a tiny smile.

Rainbow Dash bit into her muffin and sat back while propping herself up with a fore hoof behind her as she ate.

Rainbow Dash looked over at Soarin and saw that he was fidgeting for whatever unknown reason

“Hey Dash, I’ll be right back. Nature calls! Haha.” Soarin laughed as he zoomed off of the cloud and into the forest behind her to take care of his personal business.

Rainbow Dash shook her head and rolled her eyes while smiling.

Rainbow Dash took the last bite of her muffin and felt something cold touch her shoulder that made her flinch in surprise and slightly choke on her last bite of muffin.

Rainbow Dash coughed and spat out her chewed muffin and quickly looked behind her and found Pinkie Pie holding onto her shoulder while being carried by several different colored balloons tied around her with strings.

“Pinkie Pie?!” Rainbow Dash said loudly while glaring at her pink friend. “What are you still doing here?!” Rainbow Dash asked.

“Hah! You really thought that I would just leave when there was still work that needed to be done?!” Pinkie Pie said in her high-pitched voice.

“Ugh!” Rainbow Dash rolled her eyes in annoyance. She loved Pinkie Pie, she really did, but right now she just really wanted to be left alone.

“I saw you earlier when you jumped into the lake to save him!” Pinkie Pie said. “You were holding him pretty tightly against you! Heehee!” Pinkie Pie snorted.

Rainbow Dash glared at Pinkie Pie. She was clearly unhappy with the fact that Pinkie Pie had been spying on them the entire time.

“Well, duh! I had to so he wouldn’t slip and fall because he was shaking so much!” Rainbow Dash said, slightly raising her voice at Pinkie Pie.

“Yeah, but it looked more like you were hugging him to me! You were blushing the entire time!” Pinkie Pie giggled.

“That’s just because I was cold! The water was freezing!” Rainbow Dash defended.

“And he gave you his scarf! I think he likes you too!” Pinkie Pie cheered as she pointed at the scarf wrapped around Rainbow Dash's neck.

Rainbow Dash blushed heavily and looked away.

“He didn’t give it to me! He let me borrow it because my sweater got drenched!” Rainbow Dash said loudly.

“Whatever you say, Dashie!” Pinkie Pie said as she let go of Rainbow Dash’s shoulder and quickly floated up into the night sky.

Rainbow Dash watched Pinkie Pie as she floated up.

“Hey Dash, I’m back!” Soarin said as he landed on the cloud and sat back down with Rainbow Dash.

“Hey.” Rainbow Dash said quietly.

“It’s getting pretty late.” Soarin yawned. “You wanna go hit the hay early?” Soarin asked.

“Sure.” Rainbow Dash replied as both Pegasi flew off the cloud and went inside their tent.

Soarin lifted the cover of his sleeping bag and gently shuffled inside of it, trying to get comfortable.

Rainbow Dash did the same and rested her head on her pillow.

"Goodnight." Soarin yawned loudly, and in a few minutes he was out like a light and began to snore softly.