• Published 28th Nov 2015
  • 3,483 Views, 88 Comments

Lake Iwannagohome - Scquishiey



The adventure between Rainbow Dash and Soarin continues when Soarin decides where they should go to hangout over the weekend together.

  • ...
3
 88
 3,483

Chapter 4. A Sight for "Soar" Eyes

Rainbow Dash and Soarin flew through the cool, refreshing morning air.

“So, where exactly are we going?” Rainbow Dash asked the stallion that flew beside her.

“This amazing campground near a gigantic lake!” Soarin replied excitedly. “Here, I’ll lead, follow me!” Soarin said as he went out in front of Rainbow Dash.

Rainbow Dash smiled and nodded as both Pegasi banked right.


An hour had passed by as both Pegasi soared through the cloudy sky, both clearly enjoying themselves.

Soarin glanced over at Rainbow Dash. She closed her eyes and took a deep sniff of the fresh air with a contented smile on her face as her colorful mane flowed through the air.

Soarin felt a slight smile creep up on his face as he watched her. He had never seen somepony so in love with flight before, not even himself. He too loved flying just as much, so don’t get him wrong, but Rainbow Dash was the most passionate flier he had ever met. Other Pegasi saw their wings simply as something that they were born with, but Rainbow Dash saw her wings as a gift. She cherished them in every possible way. Other Pegasi only flew when it was convenient for them, but when Rainbow Dash flew, a strong passion burned inside of her as she enjoyed every single second of her time in the air without missing a single wingbeat.

He knew that she would make a great Wonderbolt some day.

“Hey, is that it over there?” Rainbow Dash pointed a fore hoof out in front of her.

Soarin and Rainbow Dash flew over luscious, dark green pine trees when a large, wide, crystal clear blue lake came into view behind a couple of thin clouds.

“Yep!” Soarin said with a happy smile.

Both Pegasi stopped flapping and proceeded to glide down to a clear, open spot on the ground.

When both Pegasi landed on the ground, they looked out into the blue lake, and both took the time to admire the scenery that was around them.

Soarin closed his eyes and breathed in loudly through flared nostrils, taking in the scent of pine trees and dirt.

“Ahhh, I love it out here.” Soarin sighed loudly with a contented smile while looking out into the ginormous lake.

Rainbow Dash turned her back towards the giant lake to look at the pine trees behind her.

“Hey, that looks like a good spot to set up camp.” Rainbow Dash said while pointing a hoof towards her desired location.

Soarin looked over to where she was pointing.

“It’s perfect.” Soarin said with a smile as both Pegasi trotted over to a flat area covered in hard dirt and set their saddle bags and camping gear down on the ground; Soarin's bag made a clashing sound like pots and pans hitting against each other when he threw it onto the floor.

"Gee, Soarin, did you forget to pack?" Rainbow Dash joked sarcastically while pointing at his overstuffed bag.

"Haha, you can never be too prepared when you go camping!" Soarin replied laughing.

Soarin took off his dark blue sleeping bag and pillow from his saddle bag and flattened it onto the cold ground. He then proceeded to take out his clover green tent from its drawstring bag of the same color and started to set it up.

Rainbow Dash unstrapped her sleeping bag from her saddle bag and unraveled it and set it down onto the floor; it was purplish pink with swirly magenta colored designs on it, accompanied by a light pink pillow with purple hearts.

Soarin turned his head back and glanced at Rainbow Dash and her sleeping bag.

“Pfft, hey Dash, tough-looking sleeping bag yah got there!” Soarin snickered. He began to think that Rainbow Dash wasn't actually a true tomboy, but more of a mare who just likes to be aggressive, play sports, and doesn't mind getting a little dirt on her coat while still liking somewhat girlish things in between.

Rainbow Dash blushed briefly.

“Hey! Shut up!” Rainbow Dash laughed a little.

Soarin chuckled then returned back to setting up the tent.

"Hey Dash, can you go out and look for some sticks and rocks so I can start a fire?" Soarin asked while setting up his tent. "It's still pretty chilly out here." Soarin said.

"Sure." Rainbow Dash said then flew off into the forest.

"Thanks." Soarin thanked her while still setting up the tent, looking at her until she disappeared into the foliage.