• Published 23rd Nov 2015
  • 4,745 Views, 29 Comments

Empty Lake, Full Skies - Snowdrifter



Sunset Shimmer's choices after the Fall Formal lead her through a darkness she thought she'd lost. Sequel/adoption attempt for Empty Lake, Full Sky by Wayward Sun.

  • ...
7
 29
 4,745

Empty Buckets, Full Balloons

Sunset felt like she was floating, again, disconnected from reality. Even at her worst, she had never done anything like this to anyone, ever. There was a lot of noise around her and she realized with a start that all of Twilight's frie- no, her friends were all talking at once. She tasted the bile still in her mouth, but wasn't sure how best to answer everyone all at once. Fortunately, she didn't have to.

"Alright, give her some room, everyone!" Applejack managed to cut through the chaos and start organizing things, even as Sunset felt anoter wave of nausea building. "Rainbow, help me get her to th' showers. Rarity, emergency outfit for a summer redhead!" With a face, AJ felt the greasey mess get all over her as she got an arm around the shuddering redhead to help her up. "I'm gonna need a change too, if you can manage it. Bring it to th' locker room, ok?"

With consensus quickly came order from chaos, as the friends scattered to enact their plan. Sunset found herself propped up by Applejack, RD going ahead of them, opening doors and trying to clear the still busy hallways. Meanwhile, Rarity took off towards the smusic room with an anxious Fluttershy following.

"Shy, darling, could you be a dear and check the cafeteria? I know the trash can that was used came from there, and there may be a clue! Call one of us if you find anything."

With a worried nod, the shy girl split off from Rarity and went down a different hallway.


"Outta the way, people!" Rainbow moved ahead, parting a growing crowd of students as AJ hauled the still retching Sunset along, almost bodily having to carry her. Several students stood stunned and sidetracked, staring shocked as slimy Sunset staggered slowly showerward. It was clear that even those that hated her the most were horrified at what had happened. Sunset was certain that if she didn't feel so Discord-damned miserable, she'd be mortified to be seen in this state. Fortunately, the trio reached the girl's locker room, and the shower of hot water began to cut some of the grease and smell.

RD's preferred shampoo smelled of coconut, and the stuff was doing a good job of getting the stuff out of Sunset's hair. Still, she felt the whole bottle wouldn't ever get her clean. Not waiting to get a seperate body wash, she scrubbed everywhere, while AJ started showering in the stall next to her. Her clothes had been declared a total loss, but RD had been texting the rest of the girls and replacements were minutes away. For the first time since seeing the bucket, Sunset was able to open her eyes and start to breathe normally. As she finally began feeling equine again, she heard another person entering the locker room.

"... Then I said 'Oatmeal?? Are you crazy?" Pinkie paused, "Anyway, wait here, be right out."

"Do hold the door, Pinkie; I've got an armload here," Rarity was here as well, it seems. Well, at least she'd have something to wear home.

"Goodie! I was worried there for a moment. Twitchy tail, you know."

Sunset had to roll her eyes, it was so wierd it was almost funny. "Pinkie, you don't have a tail.".

"Not until Tuesday! Good thing I have a story instead. Even better, it's a real mystery, with a spectacular twist at the end, involving some of your favorite people, Sunny. And cherrichimichangas!"

Sunset finally turned and looked over the shower stall door, only to see Pinkie wearing a greatcoat and deerstalker hat, blowing bubbles out of a comically large pipe.

"What?"

Author's Note:

Sorry for another painfully short chapter. Pinkie's investigation is next, with clues, meddling kids and Fluttershy!

:pinkiegasp: Let me explain! No, wait - too much has happened. Let me sum up...