• Published 16th Jul 2016
  • 1,271 Views, 45 Comments

New Life - LivingIsBoring



Sweetie Belle has developed feelings for her fellow Cutie Mark Crusader, Scootaloo. What will she do?? Join them through some good times and some bad times. Will they stick together through it all?

  • ...
7
 45
 1,271

4: An unexpected colt

Chapter 4: An unexpected colt

By rainbowscoots1

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The CMC groaned and headed to class. "I'm so happy for them but I know who won't be." Apple Bloom sighed as they continued the school day

During break

The CMC walked out of class and Sweetie and Scootaloo had their tails intertwined and Apple Bloom was walking beside them. They went to sit back down at their table and talked.

About 5 minutes later, they all heard a voice from behind. "Hello?" The voice said

The 3 of them turned around and saw Button Mash. He is one of the Earth Pony colts in Miss Cheerilee's class who also has no cutie mark, just like the CMC.

"Hi, Button Mash!" Apple Bloom said

"Hi, Apple Bloom!" Button Mash replied

Scootaloo raised her eyebrow. "Why are you here?" She asked coldly

Sweetie Belle nuzzled her. "Easy Scoots." She then looked back at Button Mash. "What is it, Button Mash? Did you wanna join the crusaders?" She asked

Button Mash shook his head. "No, I'm not here for that."

Apple Bloom raised an eyebrow. "Then why are you here?"

Button sighed. "I need to talk to Sweetie Belle."

Scootaloo scoffed. "You need to or you want to?"

Button couldn't look at Scoots and he just lowered his gaze to the floor. "I want to."

Apple Bloom sighed. "That's better."

Sweetie Belle looked at Scootaloo and nuzzled her neck. "I won't be long Scoots, I promise." She then got off the bench and looked at Button Mash. "Let's go then."

Button nodded and the 2 of them walked off.

Scoots looked at Apple Bloom. "What would he want to talk to Sweetie for?" She asked

Apple Bloom just shrugged. "If I knew Scoots, I would tell ya."

Scootaloo nodded and sighed. "I just hope he doesn't say anything to upset her."

Apple Bloom looked at where the 2 of them had walked off to. "I don't think Button is like that Scoots. However, if he does, I'll be having words."

Scootaloo smiled. "Thanks, AB."

Bloom just smiled at her. "No problem. Hey, can I ask ya something?" She asked hesitantly

Scootaloo chuckled softly. "Wait don't tell me! You've got a crush on me too!"

AB just giggled. "Haha, very funny. No that's not it."

Scootaloo composed herself. "Sorry, couldn't help myself. What was it that you wanted to ask me?"

Apple Bloom smiled. "I was thinking, you know we're all best friends?"

Scootaloo nodded. "Yeah, course we are. Why?"

"Well, I was just thinking about it. See, we've known each other for a few years now and in those few years that I've known you two, I see you 2 as my sisters now. Like we're a family." Bloom explained

Scootaloo just giggled again. "Well you're mine and Sweetie's sister but as of now, me and her are not "sisters" anymore."

Apple Bloom smiled and shook her head. "Yeah, that's true."

Scootaloo sighed. "Well, now we wait for Button Mash and Sweetie to get back."

With Button Mash and Sweetie Belle

Once Button Mash and Sweetie Belle were both out of sight and out of earshot of Apple Bloom and Scootaloo, Button Mash spoke. "I wanna talk to you about something."

Sweetie Belle nodded. "What is it?"

Button sighed and looked away. "Just don't hate me..." He trailed off

Sweetie Belle tilted her head. "You're a friend Button, I can't hate my friends. Tell me."

Button looked back at Sweetie. "I love you..."

Sweetie gasped. "W-what?!"

"I love you. " Button repeated.

Sweetie looked away. "How long?"

Button sighed. "A few weeks now..."

Sweetie cleared her throat. "Sorry Button but I'm already taken."

Button's eyes widened. "By who?!"

She glared at him. "Scootaloo is my fillyfriend." She said firmly

Button laughed. "Her? Why her?"

"I LOVE HER!" Sweetie Belle screamed

Button snarled. "You WILL be mine Sweetie!" He then walked off

Sweetie Belle huffed and walked back to Scootaloo and Apple Bloom.

Back with Scootaloo and Apple Bloom

Apple Bloom and Scootaloo were sitting there and then Apple Bloom noticed something. "Sweetie Belle!" She called

Scootaloo turned around and saw Sweetie Belle walking towards them but as she got closer, her eyes widened. Sweetie Belle had teary eyes and it looked like she had been crying. Immediately, Scootaloo opened her forelegs and Sweetie ran into them, softly crying into her fillyfriends fur.

Apple Bloom looked at Scootaloo, who was confused as she comforted her loved one.

"Sweetie... What happened?" Scootaloo asked softly

Sweetie Belle didn't answer at first, just sobbed softly.

Scootaloo looked at Apple Bloom with a worried look. "I wonder what happened between her and Button Mash?" She asked

Scootaloo sighed. "We'll find out." She replied

Sweetie Belle eventually stopped crying and just sat in Scootaloo's lap and she stroked her mane. "Tell us what happened Sweetie." She said softly

Sweetie Belle sighed shakily. "Basically, when me and Button walked off, he said he wanted to talk to me about something."

Scootaloo growled quietly as Sweetie Belle continued. "I asked him what he wanted to talk to me about. The next thing was that he told me not to hate him. I said he's a friend and I don't hate friends. Then... Everything fell apart..." Her voice cracked a little as Scootaloo nuzzled her

Apple Bloom walked over and sat next to them. "Go on Sweetie." She said softly

Sweetie Belle swallowed a lump in her throat. "He... He told me that he loved me... I asked him for how long and he said a few weeks... That's not the worst part..."

Apple Bloom hugged her sister and sighed. "I bet I know where this is going..."

Scootaloo just held Sweetie tighter. "What did he say?"

"He... He said that I will be his..." Her whole body shook as she sobbed

Apple Bloom and Scootaloo looked at each other with anger. "He can't have you, Sweetie...I won't let him. I love you and nothing can change that..."

Just then a voice was heard. "Time to come back in my little ponies!"

Apple Bloom got up and took all 3 of their saddlebags. Scootaloo picked up Sweetie Belle very gently and placed her down and wrapped a wing around her and held her close as they walked back to class.

Author's Note:

Sorry for this chapter being so late! College got in the way!

Anyway, the story is progressing and now you all know who wouldn't be happy about Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo. I am aiming to get the next chapter out by the end of the month (don't hold me to that.)

Another thing, yes (excluding the fact that Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo are dating) the CMC are sisters, cuz that's how I prefer it and honestly, they're better as sisters.

If I missed anything please let me know!

If you haven't already, give this story a thumbs up, would mean a lot!