• Published 16th Jul 2016
  • 1,263 Views, 45 Comments

New Life - LivingIsBoring



Sweetie Belle has developed feelings for her fellow Cutie Mark Crusader, Scootaloo. What will she do?? Join them through some good times and some bad times. Will they stick together through it all?

  • ...
7
 45
 1,263

2: A dream and a fear - part 2

Chapter 2: A dream and a fear - part 2

By rainbowscoots1

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sweetie Belle opened her eyes. "Did I really just dream about me and Scootaloo kissing at the end?" She thought as she blushed

She looked over to Scootaloo and saw her sleeping soundly.

Or so she thought...

Scootaloo's nightmare

Scootaloo was going to knock on Sweetie Belle. Now the reason for this was because she had to tell Sweetie Belle something important, something that had been nagging for a while.

She walked up to the Carousel Boutique and knocked on the door, shuffling on her hooves as she waited. A minute later,the door opened and Scootaloo was expecting to see Sweetie Belle there, greeting her but it was Rarity who greeted her instead.

"Hello Scootaloo, did you come for Sweetie Belle?" Rarity asked

Scootaloo nodded. "Yeah, uh... Is she in?"

Rarity shook her head. "I'm afraid not. She went out to play with Button Mash."

Scootaloo raised an eyebrow. "Do you know where they might have gone?"

Rarity thought for a moment. "I think they said something about near Sugarcube corner."

Scootaloo blinked. "Oh okay. Thanks, Rarity." Scootaloo then turned around and started to gallop towards Sugarcube corner

Once Scootaloo arrived she saw a glimpse of 2 silhouettes of a colt and a filly walking towards a hill. She blinked before she decided to follow them. Scootaloo found the two of them playing around in the grass. Sweetie Belle and Button Mash were having fun.

Scootaloo just sat there and listened to the conversation.

"Listen, Sweetie Belle, I need to tell you something." Button Mash said

Sweetie Belle tilted her head. "What's that Button?"

Button Mash shifted a little. "Um... I just wanna say that... I really like you..." He looked away in shame

Sweetie Belle made her hoof touch his chin and turned his head to face her. She cleared her throat before speaking. "I guess I sorta like you too. I'm not really sure but I'm willing to give it a shot."

Button Mash giggled. "Well okay then."

The 2 then shared a little kiss.

Scootaloo felt like something had just pierced her heart. She got up and ran to Sugarcube Corner with tears in her eyes.

Sugarcube Corner

Scootaloo was crying. Why would Sweetie do that?! She felt anger... But she also felt a hint of jealousy. Wait, why was she jealous?

"Why would I be jealous?" She thought. Then she slammed her hoof down. "I may be jealous but I'm angry at Button Mash for doing what he has done!"

The image of Sweetie Belle and Button Mash sharing a kiss entered her mind...

"NO!" Scootaloo screamed before she woke up.

In Sweetie Belle's bed

Scootaloo's eyes shot open and she screamed and she began to breathe fast.

"Scootaloo!" Sweetie Belle shook her friend and then hugged her tightly

Scootaloo's breathing slowed down as she hugged Sweetie Belle back. They stayed like that for a few minutes before Sweetie Belle broke the hug.

Sweetie Belle stroked Scootaloo's mane. "What happened? Did you have a nightmare?" She asked softly

Scootaloo just nodded. "Y-yeah, I did."

Sweetie Belle nuzzled her gently. "Wanna talk about it?"

Scootaloo sighed. "I guess..."

Sweetie Belle smiled sympathetically. "Take your time."

Scootaloo took a deep breath to calm her nerves. "Well... Basically what happened was... I was going to knock on you cuz I wanted to talk to you about something that had been bugging me for a while. Anyway, I knocked, expecting you to show at the door and greet me, but Rarity was there. I asked her if you were in but she told me you were with Button Mash, so I went off to find you both."

Sweetie Belle just sat there and listened to what her friend has to say next. Scootaloo took another deep breath and continued. "I went to Sugarcube corner first and looked for you. As I was going to leave, I saw 2 silhouettes. These 2 silhouettes were of a filly and a colt, so I followed them. As I got closer I saw that the 2 ponies were you and Button Mash and you two were both playing around in the grass."

Sweetie Belle blushed brightly at that. "Go on, what happened after that?"

Scootaloo continued. "I decided to stay and see what would happen. So you two start talking. Button Mash told you that he liked you and you said you kinda did too but you weren't sure but you were willing to give it a shot. In the end... You two shared a kiss..." Scootaloo trailed off

Sweetie Belle sighed and then gasped. "I need to tell you what happened in my dream... I think it was a dream, it certainly didn't seem like one. Anyway, keep going. Finish what you were saying."

Scootaloo nodded weakly. "Well... After I saw you and Button Mash share the little kiss, I galloped to Sugarcube corner. While I was there I was reflecting on what happened and I felt... Jealous... I'm not exactly sure why I felt jealous but at the same time, I felt... Angry..." Scootaloo's ears flattened against her head.

"Oh... I'm sorry Scoots." Sweetie nuzzled her sweetly

Scootaloo nuzzled back. "It's okay Sweetie. Now, what were you going to talk to me about?"

Sweetie Belle looked away and sighed. "I was gonna talk to you about my dream."

Scootaloo put her hoof under Sweetie Belle's chin and made her look at her. "What was it about?"

Sweetie Belle was silent for a minute before replying. "I guess I'll start from the beginning. Long story short, I was falling through darkness and then I appeared in a field and I wondered where I was. The next thing I knew, I saw something in the distance, I squinted my eyes to get a better view and when I did, it I saw, what looked like a filly zooming across. After that, I saw something fly up and then I heard a REALLY loud scream."

Scootaloo nodded and took in everything she was told. "Keep going. What happened after you heard the scream?"

Sweetie Belles' ears flattened against her head. "I galloped towards the screaming... The screams got louder the closer I got... By the time I was about 5 feet away from the filly... I saw who it was..." Sweetie Belle started to cry

Scootaloo pulled Sweetie Belle to her chest and stroked her mane and nuzzled her. "You don't have to continue if you don't want to Sweetie." She said soothingly

Sweetie Belle sniffed in the embrace. "No, I need to... The filly who I saw was... You Scootaloo..."

Scootaloo gasped and held her friend close. "I'm sorry Sweetie..."

Sweetie Belle shook her head. "You have nothing to be sorry for Scoots. Anyway, after I noticed it was you, I ran to you and examined your wounds to make sure nothing was too serious. I could see that you were trying so hard to stay awake. My heart was racing. I levitated you on to my back and galloped to Ponyville Hospital as fast as I could. I hoped that you were going to be alright Scoots. I couldn't bare to see you looking like that."

Scootaloo nuzzled the top of Sweetie Belle's head to comfort her and wrapped her hind legs around her waist so she felt protected. "What happened after you arrived at the hospital with me?"

Sweetie Belle laid her head in Scootaloo's chest as she continued telling her dream. "When I arrived at the hospital, the first thing I did was shout for help. It took a few seconds before Nurse Redheart came running to the sound of my shouting. She saw me and you, but she said that you were unconscious when she saw you on my back."

Scootaloo shuddered slightly at the fact she was knocked unconscious from her fall in Sweetie Belle's dream. "Do you remember what happened next?"

Sweetie Belle nodded. "Yeah I do. Nurse Redheart took you off my back and put you on her's and the next thing I saw was Nurse Redheart galloping into a room. I was in shock a little but I followed anyway. When I entered the room, I gasped when I saw the extent that you hurt yourself from the fall." Sweetie Belle cried a little in Scootaloo's chest at that part

Scootaloo's ears flattened against her head. "I must have hurt myself BADLY in the dream for Sweetie Belle to be crying right now." Scootaloo thought as she comforted her friend. "You don't need to tell me the injuries if its too much Sweetie."

Sweetie Belle looked at Scootaloo and wiped her eyes. "Okay... After Nurse Redheart checked you over and made sure that you were okay, she told me how glad she was that I found you in time. She asked me if I knew what happened but I said I didn't and that all I saw was a filly fly into the air and land on the ground then I heard screaming. Then she nodded at me and told me that I could go in and see you before she walked off to tend to other patients."

Scootaloo nodded. "Anything else that happened in your dream that you wanna tell me?" She asked softly

Sweetie Belle thought for a moment. "Well, I guess I can tell you what happened after I walked in."

Scootaloo nuzzles her cheek. "I'm all ears."

Sweetie Belle took a shaky breath. "After I walked in I hugged you tightly and said that I was sorry and you hugged back and told me that everything was okay. We stayed like that for about 5 minutes and then I pulled away. I said that I needed to tell you something and you asked me what it was. I told you that... I really liked you... You asked me if you heard right but asking if I like liked you and I nodded and told you that I loved you.."

Sweetie Belle took a breath in before she spoke again. "After that, I looked away... Until I felt a hoof on my cheek that turned my head around and the next thing I knew was that we were looking at each other before you said that... You loved me too... Then we both leaned in for a kiss... Then I woke up."

Scootaloo was speechless. She had NOT expected that twist as the end of Sweetie Belle's dream. Nevertheless, she was happy that the 2 of them had shared their dream and nightmare to the other.

"Well let's hope school won't be an issue for us in the morning." Scootaloo said

Sweetie Belle nodded as Scootaloo laid back down and she cuddled in Scootaloo's chest. "Night Scootaloo."

Scootaloo kissed Sweetie's head. "Night Sweetie."

"Let's just hope Apple Bloom doesn't figure out that we didn't sleep well when we see her at school tomorrow." Sweetie Belle thought.

Author's Note:

This one was A LOT easier to write! Anyway, hope you enjoyed. Now I'm just looking for requests for this story! Let me know if you have a request and I will see what I can do.

:pinkiehappy: :pinkiehappy:

Liked: Let me know! I love positive comments

EXTRA NOTE: Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle ARE NOT together yet! I'm working on a chapter where they confess their feelings.
Disliked: Let me know what was wrong or if anything needs changing! Supportive criticism helps!