• Published 16th Jul 2016
  • 1,271 Views, 45 Comments

New Life - LivingIsBoring



Sweetie Belle has developed feelings for her fellow Cutie Mark Crusader, Scootaloo. What will she do?? Join them through some good times and some bad times. Will they stick together through it all?

  • ...
7
 45
 1,271

9: A mistake was made...

Chapter 9: A mistake was made...

By rainbowscoots1

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A week had passed since the incident between Scootaloo, Sweetie Belle and her sister. As of right now, neither side had attempted to contact the other and when they had to be in the same vicinity together, no words were exchanged, only the occasional glare from the fillies while Rarity just did nothing and to be honest, that was probably the better thing to do.

She knew her sister and Scootaloo were still deeply hurt by what had happened, but who could blame them? After all, that wasn't something that they expected to happen. Rarity did love Sweetie Belle, right?

Right now, she wasn't really sure. The information was still circulating around in her head but, deep down, she knew that whatever she said to her sister, it wouldn't change her mind because, in this situation, the mind wasn't the part that could be changed. She still knew she had a sister, even if right now it didn't really feel like it and today, she was going, or at least try, to patch things up with Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo. Did she have a planned apology? Well, no is the best answer and maybe it was better that way. She just hoped it worked.

Rarity decided that the best thing to do right now was to talk to Rainbow Dash first, just so she didn't end up making things worse.

After making herself look presentable, she trotted over to the location of Rainbow Dash's cloud house. Rarity was terrified on the inside, but she refused to show it to anyone. What if Rainbow didn't forgive her? Surely she wouldn't allow Rarity to see her own sister to talk things over. But...that talk wouldn't happen alone, would it? Scootaloo would want to be with Sweetie Belle or even but refuse the whole idea altogether. So many thoughts and possible scenarios were engulfing her judgement and understanding of the whole subject.

"Rainbow Dash!" She called out. No response. She tried again. "Rainbow Dash, it's me, Rarity! I want to talk to you!"

After a few minutes, a cyan pony came out from the cloud house's door and looked down at Rarity. "What are you doing here?" Rainbow asked

"As I just said, I want to talk to you!" Rarity huffed and rolled her eyes

"What about?" Dash tilted her head slightly, before gliding down to meet Rarity on the ground

Rarity took a deep breath to calm her nerves before she spoke. "First of all, I wanted to apologize for the way I have acted over the past few days. I know that sounds like more of an excuse, but it's true."

Dash sighed. "To be honest, it's not me that you should be saying sorry to and you know it!" Her wings flared with anger before she spoke again. "You knew exactly what you were saying and you knew how Sweetie Belle and even how Scootaloo would feel, yet you kept going, you didn't use your brain and realize when you needed to just stop talking. You made the situation worse and it all could've been avoided if you weren't so disrespectful." She spat, still angry about the whole thing

Rarity grimaced. Maybe coming here wasn't the best idea... "If you just let me talk to them, please! I've had a long think about what I said and what happened. I never wanted that, I just didn't know what to say, so I remember what my parents told me and I just...reacted to the news..."

"'Reacted' is an understatement..." Dash muttered.

"I just want to patch things up, that's all. They don't have to forgive me, but I at least want them to hear me out."

Dash sighed again. "Well...they aren't here right now. They're with Apple Bloom, but they should be back soon. However, I'll let you do what you gotta do, just don't be surprised at their answer."

Rarity nodded. "Thank you..."

"Yeah, yeah. Now, go on inside and I'll go and get them. Don't touch anything while I'm gone!" With that, Rainbow flew into the air and shot off to Sweet Apple Acres.

_____________________________

After a short flight, Dash landed at Sweet Apple Acres and ran to find Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle. "Come on you two, someone wants to see you back at home!" She called out

Suddenly, two heads appeared, poking out the door of the CMC clubhouse and sure enough, both of them heard Rainbow. "Who is it? Who wants to see us?" Sweetie asked.

Rainbow shook her head. "I can't tell you. Just say bye to Apple Bloom and get on my back so we can go home." She hated lying, but right now, it was the only option. If the truth was spilled out, then they may not even come back at all, which would make things even worse and right now, Dash didn't need that.

The pair nodded and went back in to say their goodbyes. Not long after, they were on Rainbow's back and they were heading back to their home. "Why can't you tell us?" Scootaloo asked

Rainbow just sighed, holding back a groan. "I just can't... You'll see why when we get inside."

The fillies remained quiet, not entirely sure what to expect once they opened that door.

_____________________________

Once the three of them got home, Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle were soon off Dash's back and were walking inside. After looking around a little, everything seemed normal, nothing out of the ordinary, which at first, led them to be confused as to what Dash was talking about before. That all changed when they saw who was sitting in one of the chairs. At the moment, no words needed to be exchanged, the daggers they shot at said pony should have been enough.

Rainbow decided to speak up. "Now do you see why I kept it from you?"

Completely ignoring her sisters' question, Scootaloo spoke. "Why are you here?!" She snapped

Sweetie Belle, on the other hand, didn't look as afraid as she did before, but her expression showed that she was more hurt and angry than anything else.

Rarity gulped audibly before speaking. "I just wanted to come and tell you two how sorry I am for the way I reacted to the news that you shared with me." She took a deep breath to collect herself as she saw Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle sit on the couch opposite and cuddle close to one another.

"I don't expect you both to accept my apology right away. After all, what I said made all of this happen and I know it's my fault. But I just want you to hear me out. That's all."

Scootaloo still looked reluctant to listen, but Sweetie Belle decided to give her sister the benefit of the doubt. "Alright. We'll listen." She said simply, not wanting to beat around the bush

Rarity had only just noticed that Rainbow had left the room, probably to give them all some privacy, then again, she may have gone to check on Tank. Regardless, she took a deep breath as she quickly tried to figure out what to say. "I just want you two to understand that I didn't intend for my response to be as harsh as it sounded. I spoke before I thought about what I was saying, which is something that you should never do at all."

"Anyway, I had no right to say what I did. I'm supposed to be a sister who should be happy with whoever her younger sister chooses to date and if Scootaloo makes you happy, then I'm okay with it."

Sweetie Belle smiled. "Thank you, sis. That means a lot."

Scootaloo, on the other hand, didn't look happy. "I can't forgive you yet. What you said hurt, it hurt a lot. I never expected you to be the type to judge based on sexuality, but you showed your true colours to me. You hurt all three of us because of what you said and I won't be forgetting it any time soon."

Rarity just nodded in understanding. "I completely get it, I do." She got up and walked towards the door. "Tell Dash I said bye and that I thanked her for doing all of this." With that, she opened the door with her magic and walked outside and back to the Carousel Boutique.

When Rarity had left, Rainbow walked back into the room to see Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle hugging each other. "So, how did it go?" She asked softly, sitting beside them.

"It went okay, I guess..." Sweetie muttered. "I forgave her-" She was cut off by Scootaloo.

"But I didn't! I couldn't just forgive her just like that, not after what happened."

"Well...it's a start at least. Maybe everything will go back to normal soon, but the important thing is that you all talked about it." Dash said quietly.

Both fillies nodded, completely unsure if this would have any effect on the future or not, but right now, all they cared about were each other and nothing was going to change that.

Author's Note:

I was really struggling for a way to make this chapter. However, I think I've done all I can really... I just hope it's enough to meet everyone's expectations...

However, this is also my of saying that I'm back now! :rainbowdetermined2: