• Published 22nd Nov 2015
  • 480 Views, 2 Comments

Memoria - Li Cruz



Shorts about Luna's time in a strange place called Memoria

  • ...
 2
 480

9: Til Stars Alight

Luna kicked the ex-queen of the Alicornia Empire in the barrel. The unicorn groaned and Luna watched with some satisfaction as the damage horn sparked. Celestia circled around.

"Nue - the most fearful villain of the Coven." Luna slipped into old speech. "Nae, not once among the Coven did they spread out to pillage and sow chaos among Equestria."

"Sister..."

"Does you think me a fool, Queen Luminary? Rough they may be, brutal, that I can agree. Yet not once did they seek issue with us!"

Many of the army cringed.

"We feared a mere city of two thousand, most be youngsters." Her voice boomed. "A city of children, elderly, the helpless, and the ill. The Coven - the only thing between existence and destruction! An handful of warriors and mages to our ten-thousands."

Luna pulled the beautiful white mare up into the air. "Thou has lied to us with half-truths. Thou would condemn a city for just a few!"

Luminary snarled, her pleasant facade gone but eyes desperate. "You've fallen for those monsters' lies!"

Uzumaki thrashed his bonds as Shining Armor pulled tight. Luna could sense the tide as she countered.

"No, thou has no room in thou blacken heart. A monster could not cry for the fallen or lost. I have seen with mine eye, tears of sorrow and grief in those so-called monsters."

Celestia's spear lowered slightly, letting Luna know her sister was listening but the hesitance in the other alicorns and many of the army let Luna know she was on the knife's edge.

Somber, trapped in crystal, began hitting the confines. The Coven's warriors otherwise went still and the Equestria and allies silent. Uzumaki's silent struggles had increased.

"Moonraiser." Nue intoned.

Despite the power difference, Luna heed the unspoken command. Luminary coughed as Luna gave one more squeeze before dropping. Luminary spun to face Nue.

Neither spoke. Nue only clad in a scarf and unarmed stood. Luminary, having picked up her sword, stepped forward.

"Why do you insist on this?" Nue's gravel voice carried, tired and worn.

Luminary shifted the sword in her aura. Nue didn't move an inch.

"Will it be worth it in the end, Lum?"

"Don't call me that, monster! Because of you, I've lost everything! My family, my home, my kingdom!"

Nue sighed, a sigh that seemed as old as the mountains. "Open your eyes, Luminary, and see the truth."

Luna stumbled backwards as Luminary leaped.

The whole world screamed.
I've forgiven you.