• Published 22nd Nov 2015
  • 488 Views, 2 Comments

Memoria - Li Cruz



Shorts about Luna's time in a strange place called Memoria

  • ...
 2
 488

4: Lullaby

A soft gentle voice sung.

"May your spirit fly, my dear,

Let me dry my tears.

Soon you'll be home my dear

Let nothing else touch you in fear."

Luna paused at the window. Nue sat, a study in the moonlight. Moonlight glinted off the trailing tears. The feminine voice contrasted with the gravel voice Luna associated with Nue.

"Summer breeze will come

The bees in flowers hum

I always shall miss you some

May your spirit fly, my dear,

And let me dry my tears."

Luna sensed when Gear sidled up to her. The metallic bat-pony listened to the hum for a moment before guiding her away. Luna looked over her shoulder.

"Best not let her know ya heard her." Gear's mechanical wings twitched. "Always bucking hard this time of year."

Luna frowned as the normally jovial pony. "May I ask?"

Gear's blond mane moved slightly. "A loss that didn't have to happen. Don'ta ask anymore than that."

"Why?"

"There is a reason why it is hard to get at the nursery and leave it at that, Moonraiser." Gear sighed.

An hour later found her on the castle's wall far from the Western tower. The smell of spring wafted up, reminding her that a year had past. Sometimes it was hard to remember that Memoria was in fact her prison. But then, it was a cage for the races of Memoria.

Luna could spot the Royal Night Patrols. From her sneaking into the Council chamber and listening in to the Gatekeepers, she knew Nue had attempted many times to open dialogue with the rest of the world. But the enigma of Nue and her Coven kept even her sister away.

Uzumaki trotted out, his golden eyes ever serious. The stallion's bells jangled in the slight breeze. He plopped on his plot.

"I'm sorry for your losses." Luna murmured.

"Death happens." Uzumaki's tautness betrayed him despite the light tone. "Gear told you."

"Yes."

"More soldiers are arriving." Uzumaki stared into the night sky. "An attack is inevitable."

"Why not release me then?" Luna inquired.

"Do you think your sister would welcome you without fear or suspicion?" Uzumaki countered. "Especially with that Unicorn at her side? No, you won't walk free until the proper time."

"A year and I still don't understand how you operate." Luna complained.

Uzumaki's smile could have frosted glass. "Knowing is not the same as understanding."

"You and Somber are the sons of wolves." She bit out, anger coloring her tone.

"Thank you for the compliment."