• Published 22nd Nov 2015
  • 488 Views, 2 Comments

Memoria - Li Cruz



Shorts about Luna's time in a strange place called Memoria

  • ...
 2
 488

2: Memoria Coven

Luna peered from her hiding place near the Council chamber of the castle. A white changeling with blue-green plating fluttered by to take a seat next to the two irritating toms. The two Griffons played some sort of dice game.

Sombra had his muzzle deep in a book, glasses perched on his nose. Every so often, the Shadow Pony would reaching for a stick of celery or carrot. A bat-pony with metal wings seemed to flirt with a female diamond dog who seemed to take his words in good humor. The green dragon leaned against the wall shared a pipe with a russet unicorn female.

The main doors opened, permitting Uzumaki and the Nue in. Luna evaluated the leader. Nue looked less haggard and was using her left forepaw again. The Coven member stopped and took seats. Any gaiety that had been was now gone.

Nue sat, not on the throne like Luna would have thought but a bench set next to it. Uzumaki hopped onto the throne and settled down. Nue's voice, as gravelly and low, could be heard.

"With the Equestrians busy trying to lick thier wounds, we can attend to our own properly." Nue's claws tapped on a paper on the large wooden table.

The dragon boomed. "Indeed, Nue-sama, the citadel is ready to send our belated on the Path."

Sombra, placing the book aside, spoke. "Luckily no other fatalities - battle-related or otherwise, have occurred."

The batpony spoke up. "We've already taken care of Stormwing's widow and son. The colt will be in the nursery for a while yet. Windchaser has taken his death hard."

The golden griffin inclined his head. "She's under Madam Heidi's care. The old hen knows what she's doing."

The silver griffin winced. "Unfortunately for us, old Boris is petitioning Bloodcurse on Beryl."

Nue sat still. Uzumaki piped in. "Grant it. Not that it is likely to stick."

The dragon snorted out some smoke. "Maybe we'll be lucky."

Sombra rolled his eyes. "The hag is too crafty. What about Jade Fire?"

The dragon shook his head. "Will not be missed. That pathetic lizard was only permitted to live because he was the last male of his clan. Now with Mirada having a clutch..."

"I'm claiming what is owed me." The unicorn mare said.

The dragon nodded. "Agreed."

Nue interrupted. "The children need names."

Luna jerked. The silence filled and buried the room as the group contemplated this.

"Morning Dew and Evening Breeze." The educated tones of the Diamond dog shocked Luna. "Tis fitting."

The murmur of consent echoed in the chambers. The changeling spoke, standing up.

"Let us give a moment of silence for our fallen. May they reach the other shore."

Luna crawled back down the shaft as the phrase was repeated by the Coven. Luna slapped a hoof over her mouth. What the buck was going on here?