• Published 22nd Nov 2015
  • 998 Views, 6 Comments

The Meaning of Triumph - Flarefeather



"What is the meaning of triumph for you?" -Project by Twilight Sparkle and Sunset Shimmer.

  • ...
1
 6
 998

Chapter 1

Author's Note:

Just a quick note so you can tell who is talking in their project. Orange is Sunset Shimmer, Purple is Twilight Sparkle. Hope you have a good read! Plus tell me what should I improve on. It can help really well for me.

11:40 pm

*Brrrrrrrrrrrr*

"Come on pick up Twilight." said Sunset as she was moving back and forth in her bedroom.

*Click*

"*yawn* Hello? Who is this calling?" Twilight asked groggily through the phone line.

"Hey Twilight it's me Sunset. I was wondering if-"

"Why are you calling now? I was just about to sleep before you called. Plus it's like near midnight."

"Umm... I was wondering if you got my e-mail?" Sunset asked with a worried look on her face.

"What e-mail?" Twilight lazily replied to Sunset.

"The e-mail I told you earlier today for our project tomorrow. That e-mail." Sunset seemed a little annoyed that Twilight of all people forgot.

"Ahh!" Twilight squealed loudly. "Oh my goodness, I almost forgot about that! Let me check that hold on!"

"*sighs* She never changes." Sunset smiled to herself.

"Ok I got it here!"

"OK, thats good to know. I was trying to call you for the past hour to know if you got it or not."

"S-sorry about that Sunset! I forgot about it because I was so busy with my other homework!" Twilight was very nervous as she thinks that Sunset was angry at her for not remembering. She then starts to breathe a little faster as her nervousness rises.

"It's alright Twlight, it happens. Even for me. Just next time take it slow so that your brain can relax." Sunset says calmly to Twilight.

Twilight's breathing slows down a little then asked, "W-well should I print them now? I have a printer right here in my room."

"I was about to ask you about that since I don't have one." Sunset replied back, "Yes, print it and bring it to school for tomorrow."

"Alright then... *yawn* well I'll see you tomorrow then." Said Twilight as she stretched her arms up in the air.

"OK, goodnight Twilie."

"Umm Sunset... Why did you call me that?" Twilight asked nervously as she starts to blush a little.

"Why not? Your brother calls you Twilie so why not me? Plus it's adorable." Sunset starts to laugh after she said that.

"OK thats enough for tonight! Goodnight Sunset!" Twilight yelled out loud quickly back at Sunset.

*Click*

"That will never get old." Sunset said after she calmed down from laughter. She then reached to her lamp to turn it off and lays down on her bed.

"*yawn* Well time for some shut eye. I just hope it won't go wrong."



The Next Day 8:40 am

Sunset was walking down the sidewalk to school. As she reaches the statue/portal in front she slows down and looks around for Twilight. She then spots her at the bus stop as she just got off from the bus. Sunset runs up to Twilight and hugs her. "Hey Twilight. You got our project for today?"

Twilight pulled out some sheets of paper and handed them to Sunset, "Yes, here you go. Plus I made 2 extra copies of it just in case."

"I guess you like taking a lot of precautions for a project?" Sunset raises her brow with a grin on her face.

"You can say that." Twilight said as she twirls her hair and blushes a little.

"Heh..." Sunset then looks at her phone to check the time. "Well let's get into the school before the first bell rings!" Sunset yelled as she starts running towards the doors.

"Hey, wait for me!" Twilight then starts running behind Sunset.



Lunch 12:37 pm

In the cafeteria Sunset and Twilight were trying to look for their friends at a table. She then looked at Twilight who seemed very nervous.

"You okay there Twilight?"

"Y-yea I'm fine. i just hope that it will go out well." Twilight said nervously.

"Don't worry Twilight, it will work out. Our project has to work."

"But what if it doesn't? What if we fail the project? What if we lose it on the way to class? What if we fail and get transferred to another class? Or maybe another school?!" Twilight says as she starts to panic and breathes quickly again.

"It'll be fine Twilight. Besides you did say made some extra copies 'just in case.' Just calm down and breathe in and out. Even if we don't pass, at least we put passion into it." Sunset said as she tries to sooth her. " Just breathe Twilight breathe."

Twilight then starts to calm down again, "*sighs* OK, but I'm hoping that your right on this."

"HEY SUNSET, TWILIGHT OVER HERE!" They looked in the direction of the voice and saw Pinkie waving her arms to signal them where she and the others are.

"Well only way to find out is at Ms. Cheerilee's class. But until then just relax." Sunset said as they proceed to walk towards Pinkie Pie.



12:48 pm

"Good afternoon class." Said Ms. Cheerilee as she walks into the classroom.

Sunset and Twilight then came into the room and went to their seats. "Phew, glad that we made it just in time." Sunset said in between gasps.

"I hope you have your speech project ready for today. If you don't well you can just hand it in today or tomorrow so that you can at least have marks. Alright who is up first?"

Sunset leans to her right towards Twilight, "Do you wanna do it now or do you need time Twilight?"

Twilight was trying to calm herself down from breathing heavily. "I'm gonna need a little bit of time to get myself together."

"OK then, take your time." Sunset then smiled a little at Twilight.

"Since no one is willing to come up I'll choose who comes up first. Hmm... How about you first Rainbow Dash?"



1:47 pm

"Alright thank you Snips and Snails for that... unique work piece." Ms. Cheerilee said with a little confusion. "Please hand me the copies so that I may mark them."

"You ready yet? It's now or never Twilight. Class is almost over." Sunset looks back at Twilight again to see if she is ready.

"Umm..."

Ms. Cheerilee then looks at the entire class, "We have time for one more. Who wants to come up next?"

"Well... You up for it?"

"OK... I'm ready for it." Twilight replied back to Sunset.

"That's the spirit girl!" Sunset then raised her hand, "Ms. Cheerilee, me and Twilight wanna go next!"

"OK girls come on up. Let's see what you got for us."

"You ready Twilight?"

"Yea... let's do this."

They then stood up and walked towards the front of the class.



"What is Triumph for you? Is it winning a large battle that you have been involved in for so long, or is it an accomplishment that you so desired?"

"I really don't know my version of victory or triumph. What is your version of it?"

"For me its the feeling that you have done something helpful to someone that you care about, no matter how big or small it is. As long as it makes a change, thats all that matters for me."

"Oh I see..."

"So have you figured out what is your version? Or are you still looking for that one piece of the puzzle to complete that task?"

"I haven't yet, but I will try to find it no matter what the cost, no matter how long it will take to find it. I will climb mountains, go to the deepest parts of the earth, even go to the unknown parts of outer space."

"Heh heh... I think you may have found it already."

"Really? What is it?"

"You will have to find out yourself for that answer. For if I tell you here, it would be meaningless in the end. Wouldn't you say the same?"

"Umm... I guess so. Though that way it would be better for me to figure it out on my own terms and ways."

"I'm sure that your friends will help you find it as well."

"Of course they would. Their my friends, as well as well Sunset."

"Why of course they are Twilight. Of course they are. Since they helped me through a lot of hard obstacles that I had trouble jumping over."



"Ok thank you Sunset and Twilight for that wonderful piece that you two made together for your project today." Ms. Cheerilee claps along with the class.

"Thank you Ms. Cheerilee." Both Sunset and Twilight said at the same time. They then looked at each other then giggled.

"Of course, now please hand me those copies so that I may mark them for the weekend."

They then walked to her and handed their copies and went back to their seats. Sunset said as she straightens her hair, "That went better than I thought it would. You alright Twilight?"

"I am... Just... I've never really presented a project in front of a class like that."

"Well, first time for anything right?"

"Yes. First time for anything." Twilight replied while looking out the window.

Comments ( 6 )

That was pretty good.

6657017 I'm glad you like it. :twilightsmile:

Hello! Nice story, I like the general theme behind this especially since it's a school project by two of the smartest ponies out there. I do have some critics though, such as the terms of writing... why in the present tense? I mean would it not sound better in the past tense? I guess it is your choice and it does give the character more depth but it's a little jarring at first.

Now on the topic of Triumph or victory, please tell me because I am genuinely curious, what is triumph for you?

6657732 I like that you like the story. Now about the style of my writing. I'm an amateur in making stories and writing in past tense is really not my style. I'll try and write in past tense at some time but for now I think present tense is better for me.:twilightsmile:

For my version of triumph its pretty much me finding out what I can do to change the world for the better or find my true self in what I love to do, as I have yet to find my passion into one hobby. Whether it be writing, video games, art, or pro wrestling, I wanna find it. You know what I'm saying? :moustache:

6658965
I get you, i mean I'm also an amateur... I mean look at my stories... god I read and even I was a little perturbed, I really need to find a frickin proofreader... anyhow... writing style, I actually did some looking and it seems that present tense does suite alot of people I guess I just never ran into many of their works.

I can understand why you write and why you do most things... trying to find out who you are still? Man I can relate, I have tried animation, writing, youtubing... but none of them really work out so I want to do something, can take a crack at your age? I'm guessing... 15-20? maybe? Thanks for your interpretation of triumph by the way, it's very enlightening but I am curious... isn't the very fact that you posted already world-changing? I mean even if not everyone sees this story... it's here right? people have seen it... it's touched someone's life maybe two, isn't that world changing?

I dunno, anyway thanks for the story mate

"* sighs * She never changes." Sunset smiled to herself.

Yep. :ajsmug:

"Why not? Your brother calls you Twilie so why not me? Plus it's adorable." Sunset starts to laugh after she said that.

Same here. :raritystarry:

"But what if it doesn't? What if we fail the project? What if we lose it on the way to class? What if we fail and get transferred to another class? Or maybe another school?!" Twilight says as she starts to panic and breathes quickly again.

Yeah, I think she's over doing it with the worrying. :ajbemused:

Login or register to comment