• Published 20th Nov 2015
  • 930 Views, 30 Comments

Disowned - littlebrony



This is about a little pony named Wind Charm. And he as a secret that has been eating at him.

  • ...
7
 30
 930

A Mothers Love

Charm awoke to the sounds of hooves trotting around on a wood floor. She looked over and saw a old green pony asleep on a chair, beside the bed she was on. Looking back at the ceiling she tried to recall how she ended up here. All she could remember was seeing the farm in the distance, then all turning black.

Charm tried to sit up in the bed, but a pain shot through her that caused her to yelp in pain. The old green pony woke up and looked at her. “Be still there youngin. You're hurt and shouldn't be moving.” Said the old pony. Charm looked away from the old pony. The only thing she could think of was Babs. The last time she saw her. She was getting beat to death by her dad.

Her thoughts were interrupted by the sound of hooves racing up the stairs. She turned quickly to see a young filly running into the room, and a voice coming from below. “Apple Bloom I told you not to run up the stairs. You might wake out guest.” Apple Bloom turned around and poked her head out the door. “I didn’t wake her, she is already awake.”

Charm then heard a second set of hooves making their way up the stairs. It was the farm pony she saw right before she blacked out. “Well i’ll be. Looks like you’re awake.” said the farm pony as she came closer.

“Ya really gave us a scare back there.” she said putting a hoof on Charms shoulder.”i
know ya must be wonderin where you are at.” The farm pony paused and took a few steps towards the window. “You are at Sweet Apple Acres, and I’m Apple Jack. This pony over on the rocker is Granny Smith, And this little filly here is Apple Bloom.”

Charm’s eyes got wide. She had made it, she was safe. A smile came across her face as a small tear rolled down her cheek. “I made it,” Charm said in a slight whisper. “What was that now? Apple Jack asked while looking at her.

“I made it, I made it here, Charm said again. This time loud enough for Apple Jack to hear. Apple Jack looked down at Charm, puzzled as to why she said what she did. “Wait a minute what do you mean by, you made it here.”

The reality of the situation struck Charm like a brick in the face. These ponies had no clue why she was here. And why she was in the condition that she was in. Charm turned her head back to the side and took a deep breath. She felt a slight pain in her chest, But ignored it.

“I’m sorry to intrude on you like this. But my friend Babs said this was the place I should go to.” Charm said with tears now rolling out her eyes. “You know Babs?” Apple Bloom said from the corner of the bed. Her eyes were wide with excitement. Somehow ignoring the fact that Charm was crying.

Charm took yet another deep breath, before continuing. She looked at Apple Bloom. Her lips beginning to quiver. “She saved my life, and told me to come here.” Charm looked away from Apple Bloom and back towards Apple Jack. “She protected me from my father, and is hurt really bad.” Charms voice got louder and she found herself yelling. “She told me to run, and not look back. She made me promise not to look back!!!” Charm was now sobbing uncontrollably.

Apple Jack was quick to race to her side and hold her tightly. “It’s alright Sugar Cube. Your
safe, Ain't nopony gonna hurt you here.” Apple Jack said, trying to calm her. “Babs is hurt and its all my fault.” Charm said in between sobs.

Apple Jack looked Charm in the face, Her face took on a serious expression. “Now wait just a minute. I don’t want you to go blamin yourself for this. Babs was protecting you, and if she knew you was blaming yourself. She would feel down right terrible.” Apple Jacks eyes then gave a comforting look. “Babs will be alright, trust me.” Something about the way Apple Jack said that. Made Charm feel a warmth inside her. That she had not felt in a long time.

Apple Jack held charm for awhile, until she noticed that the young filly had fell asleep. Slowly she lowered charm back down onto the bed and covered her up. She kissed charm on the forehead and turned towards Apple Bloom.

“I know you are probably worried about Babs, but I need you to stay strong right now.
Charm needs a friend that will be there for her, and one that she can trust. Can you do that for me Apple Bloom?” asked Apple Jack.

Apple Bloom looked at her sis. A few tears had formed in her eyes, and she was on the brink of crying herself. She took her hoof and wiped away the tears. She nodded her head. “I can do that for ya sis. She will feel like family in no time.” Apple Bloom Said with a smile now beaming across her face.

Apple Jack looked down upon Charm as she slept. Charm was now resting peacefully. She could tell that the little filly felt safe here. “I reckon we have a new member of the family, but I can't help to wonder what made her father beat her like that.” Apple Jack thought to herself before turning to leave the room. “Apple Bloom, I want you to watch her for awhile. I think she would feel better if somepony was here when she woke up.”

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………

3 days had now passed and Charm was starting to get restless in her bed. It had almost became a prison for her. If it had not been for Apple Bloom and her friends and trips to the bathroom, she would have went insane by now.

Charm was looking out the window at the apple orchard in distance. It looked so beautiful, and when the winds would shift in her favor, she could smell it. The aroma was intoxicating. She longed to be able to walk through the orchard. A bird could be heard outside chirping away. It sounded so happy. Then something else caught her attention. The voice of somepony singing along with it. It was heaven in her ears. The amazing part was, is that the two seemed to be doing a sort of duet.

Charm smiled and put her hooves over her head and stretched. She began to hum along with her the best she could. She was lost in her own little world, only to be snapped out of it by Apple Bloom barging into the room with breakfast.

“Does this filly only know one pace.” Charm thought to herself.

“Good morning Charm. How are you today?” said Apple Bloom placing the breakfast on Charms lap. “I’m ok, I was just listening to somepony singing outside. Her voice was amazing.” Charm said with a grin on her face.

“Oh that was Fluttershy. She came by with some medicine for you.” Said Apple Bloom.
Charm looked at her with a grimace. She shuttered at the thought of having to take more medicine. “Do I really have to take more of that yucky stuff?” Charm asked while sticking her tongue out in disgust.

“Apple Jack says you have to take your medicine. If you don’t then it will take longer for you to heal.” said Apple Bloom. Charm looked down, and gave a heavy sigh. “I guess you’re right. i’m so tired of being in this bed. If I don’t get out soon. I’m going to climb the walls!!!” Charm said throwing her hooves up in aggravation.” Don’t worry, you will out of that bed before you know it.” Apple Bloom said with a wink as she turned to leave the room.

Charm just sat there for awhile and ate her breakfast. Apple pancakes with oat meal. “If there is one thing these ponies can do, it’s cook.” She thought to herself. Then a sound of hooves coming up the stairs caught her attention. These were not the hooves she was used to hearing. This pony stepped with caring and grace.

This was somepony she had yet to meet. She listened as the hoof steps got closer and
closer. Until she saw a yellow pony with a long pink mane slowly bring her head around the corner. Charm looked at her for a moment.

“Oh my goodness!!! You poor poor filly.” Said the yellow pony now darting over to her. Charm did not have time to react before she was pulled into a hug. Charm was in a slight state of shock. She was not used to this kind of attention. The yellow pony pulled away and started looking her over.

“Oh my. Apple Jack said you were hurt. But she didn’t tell me how bad it was. You poor little dear.” She said patting Charm’s head. She then put her hoof under Charms chin. “Don’t you worry Fluttershy is here to make you all better.” Fluttershy said staring deeply into Charms eyes.

Charm felt a warmth in her chest, as she looked into Fluttershy’s eyes. She could see that
she really did care for her. Even though she only just met her. She felt like she could really trust her. A small smile formed on Charms face.

Fluttershy brought her back into a hug. Charm could feel her soft fur against her head. She could hear her breath, and hear the beautiful rhythm of her heart. She felt safe and secure. Almost like she was a tiny foal being held by her mother. “Now tell me what happened to you.” Fluttershy said. She could feel Charms grip tighten. She could tell this was not going to be a pleasant story.

Charm let out a heavy sigh. Fluttershy could feel her fur getting a little damp. Charm was softly crying when she began to speak through the sobs.

“I always felt like I was different. I knew something was not right. I figured it out a few
years ago, but was afraid to tell anypony.” Charm said as she pulled away, wiping the tears from her eyes. “I felt like a filly. Even though I have a colts body. I knew I was really a filly on the inside.” Charm turned her head towards the open window letting a small breeze hit her in the face. It felt so calming. And allowed her to think strait.

“A few days ago. I told my friend Babs about me. She told me she would be there for me no matter what. Then I told her I was going to tell my parents. Even though I was scared.” Charm turned back towards Fluttershy a few tears still rolling from her eyes. But this time there was a small smile on her face.

“She told me. She would protect me if my parents flipped out.” Her smile faded again, as she began to hug Fluttershy again. “She saved me from my father. By throwing herself at him over and over again.” She was now sobbing heavily into Fluttershy’s chest. “She told me to run and I did. She was only able to hold him off long enough for me to get out of Manehatten. My father caught up to me, and started beating me badly.” Charm pulled away from Fluttershy again.

“If Princess Luna hadn’t shown up. I would be dead. He was going to kill me.” Charm
Looked down and put her hooves over her eyes. “My own father was going to kill me. My own father.

Fluttershy found herself starting to cry as well. She pulled Charm back into a deep embrace and started to stroke her mane. “Don’t worry, No pony is going to hurt you now.” Fluttershy said as she began to rock back and forth. She then began to hum softly. This had a calming effect on Charm. She felt like a hole that was inside her was just filled. “So this is what its like to have a real mom.” She thought to herself.

Charm looked up at Fluttershy with big tear filled eyes. Fluttershy met her gaze. “Can I
ask you something?” Charm asked. Fluttershy smiled. “Of course you can.” Charm looked at her for only a moment more before asking. “Would you be my mommy?”

Fluttershy was taken back by the little fillies question, but was now about to upset her. Fluttershy squeezed Charm tightly. “Yes I will, I will be your mommy. Fluttershy said as the two shared and long embrace. Not knowing that Apple Jack and Apple Bloom both were on the other side of the wall crying their eyes out. After listening to the conversation.

Author's Note:

This took me a few tries to write. I had to start over a few times to figure out were I was going to go with this.
I bet you all are wondering about Charms real mother. She is only mentioned in chapter one. I plan on doing a chapter further down the road that gives a little more info on her real parents. So stat tuned.