• Published 23rd Jul 2011
  • 5,472 Views, 30 Comments

Pinkie Pie Tries Vegetables - DCN

  • ...
6
 30
 5,472

Chapter 1

Pinkie Pie eyed suspiciously the plate of strange foliage Twilight had placed in front of her. "What do you call this stuff again?"

"Vegetables," Twilight replied, "You need to eat something besides cupcakes all day, Pinkie. It's unhealthy."

"So, there's no frosting in this at all?" Pinkie looked up from the plate, puzzled.

"None. It's a salad." Twilight stated.

Still confused, Pinkie Pie poked at a leaf with her hoof. "There's no sugar?"

"Only natural sugars."

"Oh goody, sugar!" squealed Pinkie Pie, reassured.

"No," said Twilight, becoming increasingly impatient, "naturally occurring sugars. Not the kind that you're used to."

Pinkie Pie stared hard at the plate of leaves, as if trying to bore a hold in it with her mind.

Twilight rolled her eyes. "Remember when you had that apple once?"

"Oh yeah! It was juicy!" Pinkie Pie exclaimed after a small hop.

"Well, this is the same thing, kinda. That was a 'fruit', this is a 'vegetable'" said Twilight, holding up a carrot.

"I've seen those things before!" Pinkie Pie exclaimed.

"That's right!" said Twilight. "Both fruits and vegetables have lots of nutrients that everypony needs to grow strong and healthy." Twilight smiled to herself, pleased. Pinkie Pie was catching on. Soon, they would go over the Food Pyramid, cooking light, and even eating sweets in moderation! This was the start of a new day for Pinkie Pie, Twilight thought.

"Can I add frosting to it?" asked Pinkie Pie.

"No Pinkie, you can't add frosting to it." Twilight replied, deflated.

"Chocolate chips?"

"No."

"What about sprinkles?"

"No."

"Cupcakes?"

"No!"

Twilight put her hoof down. This was getting to be more trouble than it was worth.

Comments ( 30 )

Hehee. This is adorable for how short it is. I really want to see an extended version with increased amounts of hijinks.

Amusing in its brevity. Do wish it was taken to the logical conclusion of her actually eating the carrot, but yeah, 300 words. Whatcha gonna do?

614
Second, second indeed.

An amusing little piece, but a little development wouldn't be all that bad.

I'd honestly would like to see a longer version like others have said.
When the contest is over, do you plan on expanding it? or will you make a 'chapter 2' of it, which is the expanded version?

I'm reading this, and my eye is literally doing Twilight's "I am going to snap any second" twitch.

Maybe if she started with a carrot cake, and just slowly removed extra ingredients until she was down to carrots, nuts, and raisins...?

I like it. Chapter was incredibly short...but original. And by original i mean this is the first fanfic I've read where Pinkie Pie has confronted a vegetable. Update soon!

please make it a bit longer it feels like its missing something without an actual reaction to EATING the salad :pinkiesad2: :pinkiecrazy:

:pinkiesmile:
Interesting. Is there any way you could consider expanding this?

Needs an update, maybe something on the line of what would happen IF pinkie eats veggies instead of her high sugar diet. Also, I think pinkie pie just gave me diabetes :pinkiehappy:

Worth every second.

This put a :pinkiehappy: on my face, definitely.

Innocent humor at its finest. However, it feels really incomplete. Did Pinkie Pie eat it or not? (oh no! Must... resist... making musical jokes!)
I'd rate it... 4 cupcakes out of 5.

30214
Yes, I know it's part of the contest. But you really should make an extended version of it.

My reaction: :pinkiehappy:

:twilightsmile:

This is the ENNND!!!

Reading the description, I didn't realize at first that the story was going to be about vegetables as opposed to candy.

I thought is was vegetables as opposed to meat.

615
That is not the logical conclusion of this at all.

This is possibly one of the greatest stories ever writen.

:twilightsmile::twilightoops::facehoof::twilightsheepish::twilightangry2: That's how I picture Twilight Sparkle threw out this story.

:pinkiesmile::pinkiegasp::pinkiesmile::pinkiesad2: That's how I picture Pinkie Pie threw out this story.

In any event, good job!

So cute...so ludicrously cute...

DCN

604087
Wow thank you!

DCN

196237
You really mean it? Wow! That makes me so happy!

It was short, it was funny and it made me smile and laugh.

An absolute win sir!:pinkiehappy::facehoof:

DCN

2487839
Thank you so much! That made my day!

I wonder what would happen if Twilight suggested the reason Pinkie Pie is the shortest in the group is because she does not eat her vegitables (ignoring the fact they are all realitly the same size).

:pinkiegasp: You mean I'll be as big as AJ if I eat these vegitables (look suggestly at the vegitables).
:twilightsmile: Only if you eat enough of them.
:pinkiehappy: (Pinkie Pie uses the power of Pinkie run to a nearby shop, grab a whole barrel of pickels and eat them all in one gulp).
:facehoof: Not all at once.
:pinkiesick: Oh... I don't think I like vegitables, I'll just stick to cupcakes. (Pinkie Pie promptly pass out and Twilight sits there, sighing).

i'v done a drematric read of this fan-ifc

Very incomplete. Pls make a sequel.

I hope you don't mind but I made an animation of this.

Login or register to comment