• Published 19th Nov 2015
  • 328 Views, 10 Comments

Alicorn falls - Savanah



Celestia is dead, eternal winter ravages the land, but ponykind will endure.

  • ...
7
 10
 328

Night will fall and drown the sun,

Night will fall and drown the sun,


On the balcony of her castle, Celestia greeted the morning sun. Even after millennia, the first rays of sun still felt revitalizing, it was more than simply the energy rushing through her body, it was all the life it brought to her empire. She stretched her wings, enjoying the sun for a few moments, her magic touching it gently and regulating its enormous power.

After a few minutes on the sun she walked back inside, the castle always felt cold afterwards, but she had her royal duties waiting.

Kibitz was waiting patiently, checking his clock. By his account they were about seven minutes late for the first assignment of the day.

“Good morning, princess, we have a full day ahead.” The pony said in his hoarse voice.

Celestia smiled gently. Of course they had a packed day; every day was crowded when you were the ruler of an empire and still, Kibitz seemed the need to remember her about it every day.

“What’s our first duty?” Celestia asked.

“Right now you have meetings with Crystal Empire delegates to discuss the situation of the next Equestria’s game, a meeting with the EUP generals to discuss budget, and then the prince of the Five Mountains demanded a hearing, but he refuses to say what it is about.” He recited diligently as they walked down the long halls, Celestia appreciating the big vitrals on their way. She had always loved that particular craft, so simple and yet so beautiful. All around her there were the great victories of Equestria, since its foundation to modern time. Many windows still remained blank waiting for future glories.

“And then breakfast?” Celestia asked with a hopeful smile. She stops in front of the door that would lead in the throne room to make sure her royal regalia was perfect.

“And then breakfast.” Kibitz agreed.

Celestia nodded as they walked in the meeting room.

She sat in a chair on the big round table that was reserved for meeting with foreign envoys. She could smell the several layers of protecting magic that blanketed the room. For most ponies they would be imperceptible, maybe at the most a soft tingle at the base of the horn, after all they had been crafted by some of the most skilled unicorns mages of the modern times, but Celestia had herself been apprentice to the most skilled unicorn mage of all times once.

Ceremoniously, the doors were open to give entrance to a couple of crystal ponies wearing an elaborate official garment.
The Delegates of the Crystal Empire wanted to once again host the Equestrian games on their land. That was something she would not mind normally, but several Equestrian’s nobles continued to demand that the next games must happen in Canterlot.

She patiently heard the delegates and promised to think about it as she rummaged through a few ideas that could appease both sides. Maybe put Twilight on the case?

The generals came next, prepared with a long, almost theatrical, presentation and a dance about all the dangers waiting in Equestria borders. They sang about threats that ranged from hordes of changelings to the rising industrial power of zebras, and finally they showed a projection of costs to completely modernize the military forces of equestria.

Celestia gently denied. Despite the amazing number of songs and dances, she still saw little need in the proposed reforms and expansions. She knew that the real threats were long gone; there was little that could really endanger Equestria and she still could count on Twilight, Discord, and if it came to it even her and Luna’s powers to solve any situation faster and cleaner than any army. No, it was better that ponies forget all about war. She was still haunted by nightmares of the turbulent past.

Finally the prince of the Five Mountains came in.

Celestia struggled to keep the smile on, forcing herself to remember that he was not to blame for the crime of their carnivore ancestors. Chances were that he did not even know of the abominable crimes of their ancestors.

He bent down, and then stood back up, pulling something from his elaborate robes. The guards jumped to action, but he was faster. It was merely a contraption of wood and two small barrels of iron, each filled with chemical explosives that with a small spark ignited and with a loud explosion propelled a small metallic bearing forged of mysterious metal.

“Sic semper tyrannis!!” He shouted as the guards finally immobilized him.

“Sic semper tyrannis!!” He screamed as horrified guards saw the fallen form of Celestia, blood streaming from two wounds, unconscious.

The shock and terror would only become worse a few minutes later when all of Equestria saw the sun being engulfed by cold darkness.