• Published 26th Nov 2015
  • 2,528 Views, 99 Comments

Summer In Cloudsdale - Marli_Lin



Rainbow Dash initially did not expect to meet with the famous singer Soarin, After that Dash become his girlfriend in media. Rainbow Dash hope she not regret her decision.

  • ...
6
 99
 2,528

Chapter 7

Two weeks had passed since the last time Dash talk with Soarin at his house. Dash somehow feel awkward. She would like to contact Soarin, but do not know what she would say. She wanted to ask Uncle Ben Bear, but do not know what to ask.
Dash walked aimlessly around campus. She walked from building to building, from the class to the library, from the library to the hall. Finally, she stopped in the yard, sit on a bench under a tree. She pulled out her phone and stared at it with a sigh.
Why did not he calling her? But why should he calling her? Dash shook her head and sighed again. Why did not he calling?
Dash jolted by the Spitfire sound who was already standing behind her. "What?" She asked Spitfire.
Spitfire sit with her. Her face was cheerful as usual. "Did you ask why he did not calling. Who are you talking about? "
It turns unknowingly voiced has her thoughts. This means danger. What the hell?
"Ah, no. Nobodies, "Dash said while imposing laughter.
"I hope is not Thunderlane," said Spitfire cynical.
Dash immediately waved. "No! Not him."
"That's good if was not him," said Spitfire. She raised her hands and breathed deeply. "Haaah ... today weather is beautiful day!"
Dash looked at the sky, then glanced at her friend carefully. "Spit," she called.
Spitfire turned. "Hm?"
"The new album Soarin already released, right?"
Spitfire nodded. "Yup, a few days ago. So what? Do not you already have it? We've already got it when the fan meeting event. "
Dash shook her head. "Ah no, nothing." She paused, then continued, "Then Soarin become busy, right?"
Her friend nodded again and said, "Of course. I heard some time he was busy filming a video clip. Not to mention the fact that he had to perform in many shows to promote the album." Spitfire clapped happily. "We will often seeing him on television."
"So?"
Apparently it was very busy ...
"The magazines also contains many articles about him," Spitfire added excitedly. "They discussed the album, songs, and they also started to bring up about his girlfriend."
Dash looked at her friend. "What are they saying?"
Spitfire frowned. "Many, they wonder existence of the woman, her identity. I was also curious. In essence, they suddenly doubting whether she was truly a lover Soarin Skies or not. "
"Why do they doubt?"
"Because she was not seen in the media since her picture appeared." Spitfire explained. "They began to think maybe the relationship Soarin and that woman was over. Frankly, I wish it was true. Oh yes, they also bring the incident four years ago. "
"That incident ...?"
"Correct. I told you at that time. About four years ago when there was a fan of Soarin, who died during the conference fans. You remember? Fortunately, this year's event run smoothly and no adverse events. "
Dash looked up at the blue sky and preoccupied while her friend continued to talk. Suddenly her cell phone rang. Dash hastily replied and her face changed. "Oh, Thunderlane."

Ben Bear sat brooding in his office. On the table there are some magazines that are open on the page containing the article Soarin. He already guessed there will be an event like this. Soarin's new album came out, people will be busy talking about the artist's. Not only songs, but all the rumors associated with Soarin, including gossip about his secret girlfriend. They even re-mention the accident four years ago, but thankfully only briefly, so it should not be anything.
Ben Bear rubbed his chin and thought maybe it was time they need Dash help again. This time, would not want her to be willing to appear. He picked up the phone on the table and pressing a few buttons.
"Hello, Rainbow Dash. How are you? This is Ben Bear ... You've time now? … Nice. Can come to my office? ... Okay, bye. "

"As I said, it looks like she not suitable me."
Dash looked at Thunderlane who sitting in front of her. Thunderlane looked pathetic. He had admitted to Dash that he and his girlfriend are in Problem.
"We do not match," Thunderlane repeated his words and looked at Dash, waiting for her reaction.
Dash laughed bitterly. "And you just know after nearly a year with her?"
"Are you still angry at me?" Asked Thunderlane with a guilty tone.
Dash took a breath. "Not really," she said. "Anger is also useless."
"No, you're right to be angry at me," Thunderlane muttered quietly. "I was wrong. Now I'm aware of it. "
Dash frowned. "And then?"
"I think our relationship cannot be continued anymore," said Thunderlane firmly.
Dash raised eyebrows. For a moment she was confused, and then she heard her cell phone ringing. Relieved because it does not have to respond to what has just been Thunderlane said, Dash quickly opened flap cell phone.
"Hello?"
She was shocked when she heard the sound of Ben Bear. "Oh, how are you, uncle? … Now? Yes, I'm not busy ... I'm going there now ... Bye. "
Dash closed her phone and looked at Thunderlane, who eyed her probing.
"You want to leave now?" He asked when he saw Dash hurriedly finished her drink.

"Sorry, Thunderlane. There is a sudden affair. I have to go. Next time we continue it, "Dash said quickly, then got up and out of the cafe.

"We're going to see Soarin," said Ben Bear to Dash who sitting in front of her.
Dash nodded. "We should be photographed again?"
"True," Ben said yes. "Therefore we have to change the way you look. You do not want to be identified, is not it? "Then Ben rose from his chair and grabbed the jacket.
"So when do we start work?" Asked Dash.
Ben looked at Dash and said, "Right now."
Dash was somewhat surprised. "Oh, now?" She did not feel ready.
"Yes, something wrong?" Asked him, wearing a suit and tie position fix.
Dash shook her head. "No." It seems inevitably she must prepare herself today.
"Let's go," said Ben, started walking to the door. "Today Soarin was interviewed. We'll go to the location of the interview, but before that we have to give you a new look. "
Ben feel bad about having to hide something from Dash, but he had no choice. If Dash know, most likely she will not be willing to be invited to meet Soarin and current Ben does not have enough time to convince her.
He brought Dash into a clothing store that also salon and told her to try on some clothes. He did not want to Dash look pretty or stylish. He wants Dash to perform simple as possible so no one could identify her. He also told Dash to try several wigs, but nothing matched her eyes. Finally Ben asked the clerk make Dash hair buns.
With her hair in a bun, plain beige sleeveless shirt and a plain skirt of the same color, Rainbow Dash looks like a woman older than her age. Exactly as Ben imagined. As a final touch, he reached monocle tanned face that can disguise Dash.
"All right," Ben said satisfied. "We're leaving now. Soarin interview was supposed to be finished soon. "

Soarin rose from the couch occupied since earlier and shake hands with the cameramen and reporters who interviewed him. He was a little tired, but he knew it had become a risk job. The journalist was also briefly asked about his relationship with his mysterious lover, but Soarin only give vague answers. There also are leveraging the incident four years ago. Soarin managed to respond calmly, although he had to admit to himself still somewhat uneasy feelings when reminded of the incident.
Soarin and several members of his staff out of the elevator and walked to the main door of the building was the venue for the interview. Suddenly footsteps stopped when the view through the glass doors are wide and saw a woman got out from a white saloon car. Soarin was stunned for a moment, and then he quickened his pace, pushing open the glass door and approached the woman.
"What are you doing here?" He asked without preamble.
She turned and was somewhat surprised to see it.
"What are you doing here?" Asked Soarin once again. He did not expect to meet Dash here. He stared at Dash sharply and saw the girl's cheeks slightly flushed.
"That's ... uncle who told me to come here," Dash tried to explain somewhat confused. "You did not know? He said we will be photographed. "
Soarin looked back and saw a crowd of reporters started toward them quickly.
"No," he replied. "Follow me."
He embraced Dash's shoulder and walked away when the flashes of cameras flash into action and reporters vying to ask questions.
"Soarin, who is this woman?"
"Is she the mysterious woman in the picture at that time?"
"Miss! What is your name?"
"Are you able to give a few comments?"
Soarin just raised his hand and guided Dash to his car, parked not far from there. He opened the car door for Dash as she tried to dissuade reporters take a clear picture of the girl. He watched Dash kept her head down and covered her face with one hand. Soarin quickly shut the door and walked around the car to the driver's seat. Before getting into the car, he smiled and waved again to the reporters.

Once they're a bit away from that place, Soarin glance Dash and asked, "Are you okay?"
Dash removed her glasses and sighed annoyed. "Uncle said we will be photographed. Photographed what? It turned out this way ... Ah, but it is also true. We did photographed. By journalists. "
"Do not blame Ben," said Soarin. "At least He already changed the appearance before he trap us."
"Do you think they managed to take a picture of me?" Dash asked curiously.
"Of course," said Soarin, smiling. "But do not worry. With the way you look like that, there will be no one who knows you. "
Dash looked down watching her own appearance. Suddenly she asked, "But you immediately recognize me. How?"
Soarin did not know what to say. Earlier when he saw a woman got out from Ben car, he immediately knew she was Dash. In retrospect, he himself did not understand how he could be so sure. Dash looks quite different from the usual, but he had not even noticed the girl's appearance. He only knew the woman standing there was Dash.
"Frankly, I do not know," said Soarin.
Dash smiled, then asked, "Now what? Where are you going?"
Soarin glanced at his watch and said, "Now I have to attend a charity concert ..."
His cell phone rang. "Just a minute." He put his earphones to answer. " Ben, what is it? ... I'm on the road ... So? You sure? … Good."
He releases his earphones and turned sideways. Dash was also talking on the phone.
"Oh, Spitfire, what is it?" Said Dash with cell phone taped to her ear. "Me? I'm on the road ... What? No, not together with Thunderlane. " Dash realize Soarin glanced at her. "Soon I'll go home ... Um, I'll call you again."
"It seems you cannot go home now," said Soarin after seeing Dash enter phone into her purse.
"Why?"
"Ben told you to come with me to the charity concert."
"Why?! I do not want."
"It's okay," he said reassuringly. "You just need to be there. The rest leave it to me. Ben also there. It will not be long. "
Dash shook her head. "No no. I told you I'm just going to take pictures with you. No more."
Soarn breath. "You know we had chased reporters. Currently they must be following us. Moreover, they also know I will go to the charity concert. If I bring you in the middle of the street or anywhere else, they would have asking you or bother you. Do you want that? "
Dash did not answer. Soarin glanced at her and saw she was biting her lip.
"I'm sorry for all the events today," said Soarin again. "I promise I'll take you home as soon as possible."
"What have I done?"
Dash pronounce the words slowly, but Soarin could hear it. Because do not know what to comment, he said nothing. The girl sitting next to him also did not say anything else.

Spitfire has just finished helping her mother wash the dishes. Dinner hour had passed.
"Mom, I’m go to up stair?" Spitfire called out to her mother, who sat at the counter, then ran up the stairs to the top floor without waiting for an answer.
Spitfire immediately turn on the television because soon the live broadcast of a charity music concert will be aired. She opened the bag of potato chips and lie face down on the floor with chin in hand.
"Ah, it has already begun," she grumbled when the image appears on the television screen. "Well, that comes a lot awful."
On the television screen can saw artists walked into the concert hall and the reporters busy interviewing artists passing. Then a face appeared on the television screen was Soarin Skies.
"Oh, Soarin also came to the concert!" Said Spitfire to herself. "He sang too?"
Spitfire watching her idol with flowery heart. Soarin who was wearing a black turtleneck and brown jacket that looks handsome as ever and he continued to smile benignly when interviewed by a reporter.

"So, Soarin, who is the woman who had come with you? The woman standing there? Your lover? "Asked the reporter thrusting a microphone to Soarin.
Spitfire see dark glasses woman standing a little way behind Soarin. Her face was not clearly visible so Spitfire crawled closer to the television set while entering a few pieces of chips into her mouth.
Soarin laughed and turned toward the woman and turned back to the reporter.
For Spitfire, Soarin's reaction has shown the answer, and it turns out the reporter also believes the same. Without waiting for Soarin answer, the reporter asked again in a teasing tone, "Why do not you introduce She to us? Come on, why should be ashamed? "
"Correct! Why should it be hidden? "Said Spitfire told Soarin's on television.
Soarin was still smiling when answered, "It is true, but in fact she was rather shy. She is willing to come today because I asked for it. Otherwise, she did not come. "
"Well, she sure is arrogant girl. Dashie had to see this, "said Spitfire, sitting cross-legged. She picked up her phone and call the phone number to Dashie. Her eyes keep watch Soarin who had moved away from the reporter and his girlfriend approached. Camera is already not focused on Soarin because now there are other artists who were interviewed. But Soarin and his girlfriend are still visible in the background, although not very clear.
"Dashie, quickly lift your phone before Soarin and his girlfriend came in," said Spitfire exasperation. She kept staring at Soarin and his girlfriend on television, as if the two of them would disappear when she looked away for a second. Spitfire seeing the woman was searching for something in her handbag while Soarin stood beside her. The woman took something from her bag Just then a dial tone on the phone Spitfire disconnected.
"Ah, this strange child why not answer my calls? Do not want to see Soarin girlfriend?" Grumbled Spitfire to Dash. "Do not tell me she's still on the road?"
Spitfire staring at the television screen and relieved that Soarin and his girlfriend are still visible at the corner. While waiting for Dash to answer the phone,
Spitfire squint in order to see more clearly Soarin and his girlfriend. This time the woman reached into her bag again.
"What wrong with her? She looks busy, " Spitfire ask herself.
The woman took something again and looked at the object she was holding it.
"Mobile?" Muttered Spitfire unsure, squinting.
The woman looked at her hands, then looked at Soarin. Soarin seen shaking his head, signaling that she was looking around, while saying something. I wonder what he is saying because eventually she was seen fiddling with the object in her hand.
Just then a dial tone on the phone Spitfire interrupted once again. Spitfire stunned. She stared at the television screen with wide eyes. The bundle of chips that had been embraced detached and fell to the floor. Her eyes were glued to the television screen. She saw Soarin lover was bowed their heads and fiddling with something that according to Spitfire phone, then put it back into a handbag. Then they both moved and disappeared from television screens.
Spitfire staring at the television. Her brain is busy spinning. She tried to call Dash once again and this time she only heard the sound of a phone operator who says the destination phone is not active. Spitfire hung up and frowned.
"What did I just see? What does this mean? Just a coincidence? Strange coincidence ..., " Spitfire muttered to herself. She no longer excited at the charity concert. She busy racked her brain, thinking about what she had just seen and experienced. She does not believe in the possibility of appearing in her mind. "It is not possible. But indeed in retrospect ... "
As Soarin said before, Dash did not need to attend the charity concert to completion because Soarin had another very dense schedule. Once Dash has completed her task, Ben took her home while Soarin attend the next event.
When walking along the corridor toward her apartment, Dash was somewhat surprised to see Spitfire standing at the door of the building.
"Spit, what are you doing here?" Dash asked as she hurried to her approach.
Spitfire looked up Dash and saw her eyes widened in surprise when she saw herself. Then Spitfire odd smile. "It is not wrong," she muttered.
"Mm? What did you said? " Dash pulled out the keys door and looked at her friend.
Spitfire smiled and shook his head. "No, I'm talking to myself. Let's go in first. I was tired of standing earlier. "
Dash immediately opens the door and invites Spitfire entry. "Why wait here? You could call first. "
Spitfire stepped in and said, "Phone inactive."
Dash patted her forehead. "Oh, I turned off earlier. Sorry."
Spitfire standing in the middle of the living room and watching Dash from head to toe.
Dash felt weird observed so. "Why look at me like that?"
"Your clothes," muttered Spitfire with a significant look.
Dash snapped. She realized she was still wearing clothes given Ben. Hairstyle is still like that. Spitfire definitely surprised with performances like this.
"Ah, this?" Dash turned her back on her friend and pretended to be looking for something in refregator. Her brain spins faster, looking for a plausible excuse. "Ordinary , Miss Rarity is doing a new style. She said the appearance it suits me. But I do not think so. I was right? Uh, do you want to drink? "
Dash turned, facing her back. Spitfire had sat down on the sofa with her arms folded across her chest. Her gaze seemed to penetrate into the heart. Dash started to get nervous.
"You know," Spitfire open her mouth, "I've been watching a charity concert event on television."
Dash felt her heart beating two times faster than usual. Spitfire might not see it. She has been very careful to avoid the cameras. "I saw Soarin with his girlfriend," Spitfire continued in a calm tone. She smiled a little. "Surprisingly, his girlfriend was wearing the same clothes you wore right now. Style of your hair exactly the same as well. "
Well, Dash had to do something. She laughed and said, "And you thought I was that woman? Spit, you're no-nonsense. "
Spitfire raised eyebrows. "Is that true? Actually I would not have thought she was you, Dashies, if I do not call you then. I saw on television. It is not clear, but I saw it happen. "
Dash remembers Spitfire did call her cell phone while she was at a charity concert event. She did not answer because the atmosphere there is very noisy, everyone is talking and the rhythm of the music heard everywhere. If she answers, Spitfire will hear a noise in the background and was suspicious. Soarin also said she should not answer the phone. That is why Dash hung up. Apparently when Spitfire see it on television.
"When I call you, Soarin lover incidentally also received a call. When she hung up, just as the tone on my phone was cut off, "Spitfire proceed. "I tried again and saw she was finally shut off her cell phone."
Dash could not help anymore. She had no reason to know what else she could use. She already knew Spitfire for years and know that her true smart and shrewd. Maybe this time Spitfire have guessed herself. Dash could no longer hide the problem from her.
"Rainbow Dash, I think it's time you tell me what really happened," said Spitfire. "I've thought long and wanted to know."

The atmosphere in one of the largest book store in Cloudsdale it looks crowded at all. In front of the store installed a banner that reads "Book Launch Snow in Summer and Distribution Signature Ligthning Skies". Perhaps this is why most books on display in a shop window that is Summer works by Lightning Skies. Shoppers each holding the book while standing jostling temporary staff members struggled to control the state store. In addition to shoppers, some journalists also present there.
"Lightning Skies come?" Cried a woman with glasses to one member of staff who was talking on the phone.
The staff member hung up the phone and said, "She said she would arrive in twenty minutes."
The bespectacled woman holding forehead and exhaled. "I do not know whether we would be able to hold twenty minutes. Hey, everything was ready back there? I want everything to be perfect before Lightning Skies set foot in this store. Understand?"
Twenty-two minutes later, the long-awaited finally arrived. A beautiful woman came out of the black car and walked into the bookstore with a grin and waved gracefully.
"It was Lightning Skies! Very beautiful! More beautiful than the pictures. "
"She said she had just returned from Manhattan."
"She back specifically to attend this event."
"She looked so young."
"You see her clothes? I like it!"
"I've read all the books she has written."
Lightning greet a woman with glasses who is the manager of the store, then stood behind a long table. Her smile was genuine and smile still tugging at her lips.
"What's up, everyone?" Lightning greet visitors with a beautiful voice and friendly. The visitors also reciprocate her greeting, though with a rather chaotic. Lightning chuckled and continued, "I just got off the plane and all the way from the airport I felt tired. But once arrived here and received warm as this, all of a sudden I feel refreshed. Thank you very much."
The visitors laughed and clapped.
After signing the book was finished, Lightning allow reporters to interview. At first the reporters asked her about her new book, about the process of writing the book, about her ideas and other technical matters. Passing of questions, journalists became more daring because saw attitude Lightning Skies-friendly and open.
"Mrs. Lightning, how is your husband?"
"He's fine, still continue to immerse themselves in the notes beams as usual," said Lightning cheerful. "Sometimes he even forgot his beautiful wife's."
"And how's your son?"
"Soarin? He should be fine. I have not had time to call him. He did not know I was in Cloudsdale. Maybe I'll call him later, "said Lightning. "But I think you all already know very clearly the situation. Lately he's very busy with his new album. "
"I heard he already had a girlfriend. Did you know that lady? "
Lightning face beaming. "Ah, right. Of course I know. I once talked to her. Rainbow Dash was a good girl. I hope their relationship will be successful. "

Author's Note:

Here i come i'm back again :pinkiehappy:
Oh no Spit fine out and Soarin Mom mention Dashie name... What would happend... well...
you will be found soon... :twilightblush::twilightsheepish:

P.s
Sorry for the error... English isn't really my thing

Marli Lin