• Published 26th Nov 2015
  • 2,515 Views, 99 Comments

Summer In Cloudsdale - Marli_Lin



Rainbow Dash initially did not expect to meet with the famous singer Soarin, After that Dash become his girlfriend in media. Rainbow Dash hope she not regret her decision.

  • ...
6
 99
 2,515

Chapter 9

It was already 00:52 when Soarin arrived home. He threw the car keys on the table and flopped onto the couch. He rubbed his face and let go of his jacket. The day was really tiring. After dropping Dash at home this afternoon, he and Ben immediately drove to the airport. After that, Soarin went back to his busy schedule. Of course, all day, journalists continued to chase him, asking about Dash, but Ben told him not to comment yet. They should discuss the next steps with Dash.
Since this afternoon, Soarin had wanted to call Dash. He wanted to know if she was alright, but he did not have the time. Now he pulled his phone from his pocket and opened the flap. Was it too late to call now?
It seems there is no harm to trying.
Soarin hit the number nine and put the phone up to his ear. His brow slightly furrowed when he heard the sound of the telephone operator telling him that the telephone was not active. Soarin closed his phone.
Well, his hair didn’t need to be extended again. Tomorrow, he would immediately go to see her.
After a shower and changing into an orange T-shirt and baggy white trousers, Soarin felt more comfortable. While drying his hair with a towel, he walked into the living room and turned on the television. Then he walked into the kitchen located not far from the living room and opened the refrigerator.
"No food. Why does he only buy noodles?" he grumbled as he pulled out a packet of noodles. He turned, and glanced at the television. Suddenly, his movement stopped with a jolt back. His eyes stared at the television screen.
The television showed a female news reporter at the scene. A building in flames was seen in the background. Firefighters passed by, and the police tried to curb the people crowding the scene. The atmosphere was hectic, and he heard the shouts and cries of the people on the screen.
Soarin grabbed the remote control and turned up the TV to hear the words of the reporter.
"... Right now, firefighters are trying to extinguish the fire. We have not received confirmation on whether the apartment building is empty or not. The fire is so big, we hope that all the occupants made it out ... "
Soarin's eyes were glued to the television screen. His body tensed, his heart was pounding so hard. This is not possible. Isn’t that Dash’s apartment building? This afternoon he was just there. God, say this is not true. But the reporter now mention the name and location of the building is on fire. Directly, Soarin blood froze.
Without thinking anymore, he threw the towel to the floor, grabbed the car keys and got out of the house.
He drove at full speed, his hands gripping the steering wheel tightly until his knuckles turned white. ... Agitated ... chaotic feelings of fear. His heart was still pounding and his whole body felt cold. He tried to call Dash but the result was still the same. Her cell phone was off. He kept praying Dash would be alright. Hopefully Dash had come out and was not injured. How could this happen? Dash in this state? What if…
Jeez, he could be crazy!
When he was almost at the scene, the road was closed, so no cars could pass. Soarin jumped out of the car and ran through the crowd. The atmosphere was chaotic, and the air was so hot due to the stifling smoke from the fire. Soarin ran to and fro, looking for Dash’s figure. He walked quickly among people, shouting out Dash’s name. Where was she?
Soarin turned heads and kept looking. Suddenly, his eyes fixed on the figure standing a little away from the crowd. She stood staring at the building in flames with a blank look.
"Dash!" Soarin called out but the girl remained unmoved.
Sense of relief flooded him when he ran over her.
"Dash ..." Now Soarin was standing beside Dash and touched her arm.
The girl turned around in a daze and Soarin saw her face dirty from the smoke. There is a magnitude of fear in her eyes. When Dash was in his arm, he realized her body was trembling.
"Are you okay? Are you hurt?” said Soarin with alarm as he examined Dash from top to bottom. The girl was barefoot and wearing only pajamas. Her hair was tangled in her shoulder and her hands were squeezing the wet plaid black and white scarf given to her during Soarin's first fan meeting event.
Dash nodded with a dazed expression. "Yes, I am okay," she said softly. Soarin could hear her voice shaking.
Soarin sigh and hugged her. "Thank God you're fine."
"I didn’t have time to bring anything," Dash muttered.
Soarin stretched his arms and stared at Dash who was apparently still shaken. "It’s okay. As long as you're safe, that's enough. Come on, follow me."
Dash let Soarin lead her to where his car was. Dash's eyes glued on a blazing fire and rolling smoke.
Throughout the trip, Dash did not speak, and Soarin didn’t talk to her. When they finally arrived at his home, Soarin realized with Rainbow’s house ablaze, forgot to lock the door, and the television was still on because he forgot to while rushing out of the house earlier.
"You sit down here," he said as he sat on Dash on sofa. "I'll get a drink for you."
When he returned with a cup of hot tea, he saw Dash crying. It looked like her awareness was back in full and due to shocks she had started to feel it.
Soarin put the cup on the table and sitting face-to-face with Dash, he gave her a worried look. "Are you okay?"
Dash shook her head, wiping tears with the back of her hand. Then she spoke while sobbing. With some difficulty, Soarin listened to the words spoken through her tears, but he could infer from the sentence that Dash panicked.
Dash told him the fire was coming from the next apartment. At the time, she was watching television, and then suddenly, it felt hot and hard to breathe. Then everything became chaotic. The fire alarm rang and people were shouting. She panicked and had just enough time to think about taking something to cover her nose and mouth, and she had grabbed the scarf she received from Soarin which was lying beside her bed and ran out of the apartment.
Soarin handed a box of tissues to Dash, and she accepted it. "Well, I understand. It is okay now."
She looked calmer. She dried the tears and blew her nose. Then she looked anxiously Soarin. "What now?"
"There have a lot of empty rooms here. You should stay here tonight.” Soarin pointed cup of tea on the table. "Drink. It’s another issue we’ll think about tomorrow. "
Dash lifted the cup with both hands. Although Dash was somewhat tense, Soarin saw her hands weren’t shaking anymore. Dash drank the tea slowly and then looked at her dirty pajamas.
Soarin cleared. "My mother didn’t leave any clothes here, but if you don’t mind, I could lend you my clothes."
While Dash cleaned up and changed clothes, Soarin called his manager and told him what happened.
"Well, I'll be there tomorrow morning," said Ben before hanging up. "Thank God she is fine."
Dash returned to the living room when Soarin hung up. Soarin smiled when he saw her appearance. Dash wore a long-sleeved shirt, and pants that looked like it had been folded many times. Her face was cleaned and her hair was wet because of new shampoo.
"Can I borrow your phone?" asked Dash. "I wanted to call my friend, Spitfire. I don’t know if she heard about the incident or not. Even if she did, I just want to tell her that I'm fine. "
"Of course," said Soarin, handing his phone to Dash. He walked into the kitchen to provide a bit of privacy, although, of course, from there, he could still hear the words.
"Spitfire. It's me," said Dash. "Oh, you already know? ... No, no, I'm fine. You do not worry ... Now?"
Soarin realize Dash glanced at him.
"Um ... I was at a friend's house," Dash muttered, then quickly added, "Spitfire, I want to ask, may I borrow some of your clothes? I didn’t have time to bring anything. Even my cell phone... Tomorrow morning? Thank you very much ... Oh, the address? "
Dash gave her Soarin's home address and then hung up.
"What did your friend say?" S aid Soarin.
"She already knows about the fire and had tried to reach me earlier. She said she could lend me some clothes. She volunteered to deliver clothes here. I hope you don’t mind I've given her your home address."
Soarin just shrugged. "She's your friend you said that time, right? The one who already knows everything about us? I guess it doesn’t matter."
Dash nodded and handed the telephone to Soarin. "Soarin, how did you know about the fire?"
Soarin received the phone and motioned to the television. "From the television."
Dash looked at Soarin, smiling. "What happened with your hair?"
Soarin hand touch his head. He realized his hair was disheveled. He remembered he had been drying his hair when he saw the fire on the news. Because of his panic, he immediately dashed out without thinking.
Soarin hemmed and combing his hair with his fingers. "That new shampoo," he murmured not clear, then handed back the phone in his hand to Dash. "Is there still anyone you want to call still? Your parents?"
Dash thought for a moment. "My parents were in Ponyville. I guess they won’t know about the burning apartment building. I also don’t want to make them worry. Anyway, now it dissolves completely. I’ll tell them another time."
"Well, it's up to you," said Soarin. "You better rest now. Come on, I’ll walk you to your room."
He brought Dash to the guest room on the second floor. "Please," said Soarin after opening the door.
Dash nodded and stepped inside. When turned, Soarin heard Dash calling. He turned.
Dash stood there with her hand on the open door. "Thank you," she said with a small smile. "For everything."
Soarin smiled back. "Good night."
When she opened her eyes the next morning, Dash was stunned for a moment before realizing she was at Soarin’s home. She sat cross-legged on the bed. Her brain replayed last night’s incident. She couldn’t describe her feelings when the accident happened. It seemed that she was in a state of semi-conscious at the time, because somehow, she was out of the building and standing at the edge of the road. Everything happened so fast and faintly. In an instant, she didn’t have anything else.
Since she realized the building on fire, attacked Dash heart panicked, but she knew she had to stay strong and calm as she could only rely on herself. But when she stood confused by the roadside, looking at the burning apartment, Soarin came. Dash was so relieved to see him. Suddenly, she knew she did not need to put up a tough stance and did not need to pretend to be brave. She could release a little tension. She was not alone anymore.
What was I thinking? Dash shook her head. What time is it now? She saw a small clock that was located on a small table beside her bed. It was already at 09:25a
Dash got out of bed and looked around. Door? What's in there? The bathroom?
When Dash turned the knob, true to her guess, she was in front of a bathroom. The bathroom was rather large. There was a bathtub and shower, and there were also already available basic necessities, such as soap, toothbrushes, toothpaste, and towels. It turned out everything was prepared for guests who might come to stay. Yesterday, Dash did not use this bathroom, but another bathroom downstairs, so she was quite impressed.
After washing her face and brushing her teeth. She descended the stairs slowly, looking left and right.
"Already up?"
Dash jumped at hearing the voice of Soarin. It turned out he was sitting at the dining table, and he smiled at her. He was not alone. Ben Bear also sitting there, holding the morning newspaper.
"Oh, Uncle came?" Dash approached them. "Sorry, I overslept."
She was a little uncomfortable, because Ben kept giving her a significant stare. Although it could be assumed that uncle was looking at her clothes, she asked, "Uncle, why are you looking at me like that?"
Ben Bear smiled and shook his head. "Nothing. I'm glad just you are okay. Come sit down. Want breakfast?"
"Sure. Thanks."
Ben folded the paper and put it on the table. "This morning, I stopped by the apartment building. It looked bad. I think there is nothing left. I heard from Soarin the flames came from the apartment next door to yours? "
Dash nodded.
"Well, I guess no more can be expected."
Dash sighed and frowned anxiously.
"What are you going to do next?" Ben asked.
Dash looked at him. "Now. Looking for a new residence as possible. I still have money in the bank, but ... "
"Where you going to live? Can’t you stay with your friend? "
Dash thoughtfully. "My friend, Spitfire, would let me stay in her house for a while, but the problem is the house is not too big, and in addition to her and her parents, there are still two younger brothers. If I lived there, I'm just going to bother them."
Ben Bear stared at Soarin, then looked back at Dash. "Why don't you just stay here for a while?"
Dash was startled. She immediately turned to Soarin and hastily replied, "Oh, it is not necessary. It-"
"Why not at your home, Ben?" interrupted Soarin.
Ben chuckled. "You know there is only one bedroom in my apartment. You want her to sleep in the same room as me? In this house there are plenty of rooms, so it shouldn’t be a problem."
Dash felt her face heat. What were they talking about? "No, it's not necessary," she said. "I'll be looking for a new place to live."
Soarin frowned and looked at her. "You think you can get a suitable place in one day?"
"About that ..." Dash does not know what to say.
Soarin finally nodded and sighed. "I think is Ben right."
Ben leaned back in the chair and folded his arms across his chest. "Well, we decided just like that. Dash will stay here for a while before she finds a new residence. Of course I'll help you. Just tell me what kind of place you want. "
"It ...," Dash looked at Soarin. "But I ... ?"
Soarin shrugged. "I guess you have no choice, right? Or do you want to go back to Ponyville?”
"I'm still going to school."
"Then, you don’t have a choice," said Soarin.
"But…"
Soarin looked at her. "Why? You're afraid of me? "
Dash eyes wide. "Ah, no. It’s not like that."
Ben Bear laughed and said, "You should be calm, Dash. You must also know Soarin rumored as gay, not a playboy."
Suddenly, Soarin facial expression turned annoyed. Dash laughed at the expression on his face.
Suddenly the doorbell rang. Soarin rose from his chair and walked to the door. Then, "Oi, Dash," he called.
"What?" Dash stood up and followed him to the door.
Soarin pointed to a small monitor beside the door. He turned on the monitor, and shows who was at the front door of the house.
"Is that your friend?" asked Soarin.
"Yes. It’s Spitfire,” said Dash.
Dash could see her friend almost fainted because of shortness of breath, due to finding Soarin opening the door for her. Spitfire's eyes were slanted wide and one hand went up to her chest as if to hold her heart in order not to fall.
"Spit, are you okay?” said Dash, touching her suddenly rigid arm.
With a little stutter, Spitfire said good morning to Soarin and bowed. Soarin returned her greeting and let her in.
"Gosh, I do not believe this," whispered Spitfire when she sat on the couch sitting room and looked around. At that time, Soarin already walked back to the dining room, leaving the two of them in the lounge.
"Why are you acting like that?" Dash teased, nudging her arm.
Spitfire looked at Dash with sparkling eyes. "I can not believe I just met Soarin and am now in his house. I sat on his couch, and stepped on the floor of his house. Gosh! Hey, why didn't you say yesterday you were at Soarin’s home?"
Dash, annoyed at seeing her friend’s behavior, she said, "Hey, your friend just experienced a disaster."
Spitfire turning quickly toward Dash. "Oh, yes, sorry. I'm glad you are okay. Here, I brought you some clothes. Underwear too. I bought new underwear this morning. The clothes were mine. The size is definitely suitable for you. "
"Thank you very much. I will certainly give it back later. "
Spitfire waved. "Don’t think about it. Where are you staying? "
Dash raised eyebrows. "Mm?"
"You know you can stay in our house. We wouldn’t mind at all. "
Dash smiled. "I know. Thank you very much. But I guess it can’t. I’m definitely just to bother you. "
Spitfire's eyes widened. "Bother, how? You can sleep in my sisters’ room, and Fleet Foot and Surprise could move the bed into the middle room- "
"How could I let your sisters slept in the living room?" Dash interrupted. "I know you'll be happy to have me, but I wouldn’t feel good then."
Spitfire paused for a moment, then said, "Then where will you stay?"
Dash cleared his throat. "I'll find a new residence."
"Hey, you think you can get a new residence in one day? As long as you look where you will live?"
Well, why were her words exactly like Soarin’s? Dash tilted her head and said uncertainly, "I think I'll stay ... here ..."
Dash saw Spitfire holding her breath and staring at her in shock. Then Spitfire blinked. "Here? At Soarin’s home? "
"He has a lot of empty rooms," Dash repeating what Uncle said earlier. "So I guess ... Ah, anyway Soarin is the one who offered."
No, not exactly, but something like that.
"Are you sure?" asked Spitfire doubt.
"I had no other choice." This time it was the words that Soarin had spoken that Dash borrowed.
Just then, Ben and Soarin went into the living room. Spitfire, who saw their arrival, immediately jumped up like a bee. Ben flashed a charming smile.
"You're Dash’s friend?" he asked in a friendly manner. "How are you? My name is Ben Bear."
Dash was somewhat amused to see her friend who was usually so intelligent suddenly turn into jelly in front of two handsome men.
"Um ... How are you? ... M-my name is Spitfire. "
"Don’t act like it's official," said Ben. "You're Dash’s friend, so that means you are our friend as well. Oh yes, did Dash tell you she was going to stay here for a while? "
Spifire glanced Dash and replied, "Yes, of course. Don’t worry, I won’t tell anyone. "
"Thank you very much. We really appreciate it. "
Soarin also smiled at Spitfire and Dash felt her friend had almost collapsed to the floor. "Sorry, cannot talk to you. We have to go now, but you can accompany Dash here. Surely you want to talk much. Make yourself at home."
"Ooh ... of course. Thank you," whispered Spitfire with a grin.
Soarin turned to Dash. "What are you doing today?"
"I'm going out for a while. We need to buy something," said Dash. "I also want to stop by and see the condition of my apartment."
"Alone?"
"Oh, Spit will accompany me. Right?"
Spitfire quickly nodded and put a sweet smile when Soarin turned to look at her.
Soarin nodded and looked back at Dash. "Well, there is a spare key in a drawer over there. Don’t forget to lock the door when you go out. I'll call you later. I’ll go first."
The four people were exchanging words such as "goodbye and see you later". Then after the two men went into their cars, and with the likeness of a flood, Spitfire shed all the words that had been buried, "Well, they're both very handsome. The other one is an artist, too? "
Dash laughed. "No, Uncle is Soarin’s manager."
Spitfire nodding. “Manager? His name is Ben Bear, right? But why do you call him "Uncle"? He's still so young."
Dash just shook her head and smiled.
"Why are you looking at me like that?" asked Dash when Spitfire looked at her with narrowed eyes.
"I want to ask, are you sure there is no special relationship between you and Soarin? You've only become his boyfriend in media? Just that?"
"That's it. Why?"
"Are you sure? Then why do I feel you two look like husband and wife. And-oh my god, I just realized you’re wearing men's clothing. His clothes?"
Dash looked down at Soarin’s clothes for her greatness, confused what to say. Fortunately, Dash did not need to answer, because Spitfire suddenly said, "Oh-yes-I almost forgot to tell you, Thunderlane called me last night."
Dash looked up. "Oh?"
Spitfire continued, "Because we couldn’t reach you, he called me to ask how you were. I told him you're okay, but then he wanted to know where you were. "
"You said what?"
"Didn’t say anything. Last night, I thought you spent the night at the home of a friend or something. That's what I said to Thunderlane. Today, I didn’t know you were at Soarin’s home."
"You're not going to tell him, right?"
"Am I a fool? Of course not," said Spitfire firmly. "Stop talking about Thunderlane again. Come on, now tell me what happened last night. About the fire and how you ended up here. Then again, what do I tell to my mom? My mom told me to ask you to stay in our house."

Author's Note:

First thank for Celestial Pony who been helping me... Thanks.

And hello everypony i'm back, sorry took so long for the chapter nine. I have some problem in here, Like job... Etc.

But i will sure next chapter will not took that long :twilightsheepish: