• Published 22nd Nov 2015
  • 307 Views, 9 Comments

keep on keeping on - pencil mark



what would happen if the queen of changelings had three daughters? what would happen if one of those daughters went out into equestria?

  • ...
5
 9
 307

chapter two- a grave mistake

Once we got out of the shadowed hive that was hidden deep in the everfree forest, I darted away. Which was probably not the best idea but it was all I had. I was just going to look around a bit then come back later. No big deal.

After what had felt like hours of trotting through slimy trees and thorn bushes, the forest thinned out and I could almost see a beautiful pastel blue sky. I was about to leap up like a little filly, but I heard voices.

I tried to remember somepony that I had seen before so I could morph into them. Finally it struck me. That pony that I had saved from my mother's wrath.

I had always wanted to use my powers for something. I hoped these ponies were in love or something so I could feed.

I crept up on the ponies. There was a group of them. About five. They looked only about 12 years old. I pumped my newly feathered wings and headed towards the group.

One of them looked over her shoulder. She was a pretty at such a young age. She had white fur and pink mane that curled perfectly around her face. along with that she had freckles and pretty blue-greens eyes. she reminded me a lot of a certain princess when she was younger.

i flapped over to the group.
"Thunderlane?" She asked sounding genuinely confused. "I thought you and Cloudchaser went off to clear the clouds."

The four others turned to look at me in confusion. "Uh, I just thought it would be more fun to hang out with you guys." i offered.
The sound of my voice was startling since I wasn't hearing mine.
"Really?" Said a colt with fiery red mane."Cause you never miss a chance to be with Cloudchaser. Come on dude when are you gonna ask her out? You've been crushing on her forever."

"I just thought I was neglecting some of my friends. Besides I don't want her to know I like her, so I'm going to take some time off." I said hoping that I was acting like Thunderlane.
"Typical Thunder." Said a filly with blue highlights in her mane. "You're such a coward sometimes."
I lowered my head pretending to be ashamed. "I know it's a habit when it comes to mares."

I was just happy these foals knew Thunderlane and I could pull this off. But, just to ruin my fun, Thunderlane came swooping in. I frowned. The filly with blue highlights eye's widened in surprise.
"Whats going on here?" snarled the colt with fiery mane.

the real thunderlane tackled me to the ground.
"WHO ARE YOU AND HOW DO YOU LOOK EXACTLY LIKE ME?!" He demanded.
"You're such a party pooper." I said completely ignoring his demand.
"You better not hurt these foals!" He roared.
"How can I hurt them WHEN YOU ARE CLEARLY HOLDING ME DOWN?!" I shot back.

"Get off of me." I snorted and kicked him in the stomach.
I changed back into me, smirking widely as I saw him rolling on the ground in pain.
"I should finish you off, but I won't." I told him.

I turned to the foals. They screeched and ran off. when I turned back to Thunderlane he was on his feet and looked like he was going to lung at me. he stamped his foot and couple of pegasi appeared out of the clouds. a couple more swooped down with ropes.

"Hmm im wondering why you're so prepared." I said with a questioning gaze.
"We are on the revere forest patrol and it's our duty to be prepared for monsters like you!" announced one of the pegasi, who acted like he had way too much authority.

And with that they tied me up, tied my wings down and dragged me away.