• Published 29th Jan 2016
  • 2,667 Views, 21 Comments

Lets Deal - Trithtale



I was once a poor Fate Dealer, that is until I was killed for doing my job and landed in Equestria as The Dealer. Now once again for doing my job I am stoned. And now all I want is to live in peace and I plan on doing just that.

  • ...
6
 21
 2,667

The Hand I Have Been Dealt

P.O.V Private Shining Spear

‘Sir, who do you think this was?” I asked as I looked at the stallion’s skeleton that was laying on the forest floor not twenty feet from the castle gates.

“I don’t know private but keep an eye on it, I’m going to go and get the Captain.” The sergeant said to me as he left.

“Yes sir, I’ll just wait right here. *Sigh* Why do I have to look after the pony skeleton.” I said to myself and after waiting five minutes decided to take a closer look at it. --And I noticed that it was wearing cloths that you wouldn’t normally see somepony wear into the forest. I mean who wears a brown duster and cowpony hat into a dark forest?-- It was at that point that the skeleton turned its head towards me and spoke.

“Ahh what the fuck?! Who are you? Where am I? What are you?!” The skeleton said to me and I admit I may have squealed like a filly and after calming down, I tried to calm the skeleton down.

“Calm down sir. There is no need to freak out. Just calm down and answer some questions.” I tell what I guess is a sir from the voice, and I couldn't help but wonder just how a skeleton can talk.

“Alright... alright I’m calm, I’m calm. Now what are your question?

“What is your name? Can you tell me your name?” I ask.

“I-I don’t know, all I can remember is being called The Dealer.” Dealer tells me and before I can ask him another question the Sergeant and Captain Bright Light arrive.

“Private, what is the care to explain why you are talking to a skeleton?” The Captain asked me.

“He was freaking out and I was trying to calm him down by asking him a few questions, but before you arrived all I got was that he goes by The Dealer.”

“I guess since you found something out I’ll let you off this time, but don’t make it a habit to question unknown beings that just strangely appear in front of the castle. Ok?” Captain Bright Light said to me.

“Yes sir, and shouldn’t we bring him to the castle?” I asked

“ Your right we should. Come on Mr. Dealer lets go.” The captain said to Dealer and off we went.

Thirty Minutes Later

We were about ten minutes into questioning Dealer when the interrogation rooms door was opened and in stepped the Princesses.

“We heard that you brought in a, what was it oh yes, a skeleton stallion. Is this true? Princess Celestia asked before noticing Dealer and her voice became very hard.

“What do you want with my ponies agent of fate? I thought I told your master to leave this world alone. So what do you want? Tell me?!” She demanded of Dealer and I could somehow tell she was scaring him.

“Princess, your scaring him.” I said to her, and she turned her glare on me.

“That’s the point Private. And you are not welcome here Agent of Fate. Now begone from this world.” She said to Dealer and as we waited for something to happen all we saw was Dealer cowering under the table.

“Celestia, what has gotten into you. You are terrorising this young err... stallion for something he is clearly not.” Princess Luna said to Princess Celestia and while the two of the began to argue I saw dealer come out from under the table and ask the Princess’ if they wanted to play a game.

“I refuse to play any kind of game with one who serves Fate.” Princess Celestia said in reply, while Princess Luna accepted.

“That is good news then. My talents will not be wasted.” He said as he drew from a pocket inside his cloak a deck of cards. “Now I will deal you three cards from this deck and lay them face up and I will tell you what your future holds in store for you.” He said to Princess Luna.

“Alright then deal me in, good fortune teller.” She said and he drew three cards then he said.

“You have the Knife, the Nightmare, and the desert. These cards symbolize that you will be betrayed, corrupted, then banished. This is what awaits you in the future, this is set in time and cannot be changed no matter what. I suggest you make peace with whatever you need to as soon as you can. This is what I see in your future, I hope your sister can find forgiveness in her heart for what must be done.” Dealer said before passing out, and I just barely caught sight of Princess Luna’s face before she teleported away... her face showed the emotions of one that had just been told that someone they cared for had died.

It was at this time that Princess Celestia burst in with a squad of Royal Guards and said to Dealer. “You are under arrest for conspiring to overthrow the crown, now guards take this thing away.” She said and then turned to me and told me that if I spoke of this to anyone I would be put to death.

Author's Note:

I hope you enjoy this story, have a great night.