• Published 15th Nov 2015
  • 3,652 Views, 148 Comments

Monster-bumps - Napalm monster



Two new kids move to Canterlot high. They seem normal, except one of them is hiding a secret. And the Rainbooms wanna know why? They'll soon regret it when they find out what it was (Spoiler for the new goosebumps movie)

  • ...
6
 148
 3,652

Chapter 8: The Gingerbread Monsters.

Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon curled up and cowered together as they watched the monster approaching. From its grotesque eyes and its bat leathery wings, it's slimey green skin, and it's sharp rows of teeth ready to devour and eat its victims. The girls just stared at it anxiously and waited for it to attack.

"Oh no, this is horrible." Silver Spoon whispered, the monster getting closer.

It lunged forward and both girls screamed it terror.

"Diamond! Sweetie!" Filthy Ritch called out and ran into the room, hearing his daughter scream in terror woke him up.

"Shhhhh! Daddy we're watching a movie!" Diamond told him and looked back to the screen as the monster began eating the helpless woman.

Filthy Rich tilted his head with his mouth ajar, "Diamond, honey, I know you invited your little friend over for a sleepover, but a scary movie at this hour?"

"C'mon daddy it's Halloween!" Diamond whined, and began pouting.

Filthy sighed, "Fine, but remember to got to bed before 11."

"Okay sure daddy."

Filthy exited the room leaving his daughter and her friend to watch their little horror flick.

Five minutes have passed and the girls kept watching the movie, screaming every time the monster ate someone. Silver cowered under the blankets, still watching the film. Peeking under the covers.

Suddenly they both began hearing scratching sounds emanating outside their door in the halls of the large mansion.

"D-diamond did you hear that?" Silver Spoon asked nervously. Her eyes darting between Diamond and the door to the room.

"Oh it's probably nothing Silver," Diamond waved her off dismissively, "You're letting this movie get to you,
It's not even a goo-"

*CRAAASH*

Diamond was cut off when she heard the sound of windows breaking and glass clattering. Both girls flinched and hugged each other out of panic.

"I definetly heard that one!"

Diamond and Silver moved subtly in the hallway as to not alert whoever or whatever was down there. They made it to the foyer and peeked down beyond the stairs. They spotted broken glass downstairs, their eyes drifted to the window and saw a gaping hole. Someone threw something at their window.

"Someone smashed your window Tiara," Silver stated.

Diamond snorted, "Thanks Silver, but my eyes can see that for me. Probably just some loser trick-or-treaters who think they're funny."

Silver then glanced at floor once more and spotted something thick and square in the darkness.

"Hey what's that?" She pointed.

Both girls walked down the stairs and saw some sort of book...

With the cover wide open.

Diamond rolled her eyes, brushing it off as a juvenile punk throwing whatever at their expensive mansion, "It's just a book Silver, some idiots have the weirdest ideas for pranking."

Silver picked up the piece of literature and read the cover outloud.

"Attack of the Evil Tooth Faries?"

"That's a lame title for a story, whose gonna be scared of a tooth fairy?" Diamond snorted, her voice filled with sarcasm.

The girls then heard the sound of scratching coming from the bathroom. The girls perked up and swiveled their heads in the direction of the scratching noise. The girls hesitantly walked towards the bathroom door and slightly creeped it open and silently gasped at what they saw.

Standing on the vanity near the sink, was a small diminutive imp like creature. It was white, pink stripes line up across its body. It had spider-like legs, the torso and arms of a tiny human, with the exception of claws like a crab. On its back were insect-like wings.

But, that wasn't their focus.

Its head was so grotesque, it had no eyes to see. It's whole face was covered in sharp, exposed, jagged teeth lined up. The teeth looked sharp, and there was enough to probably bite off someone's pinky finger.

"What is that Diamond?" Silver whispered nervously, while the Tooth Fairy began chugging tooth paste down its throat.

"How should I know, a bug maybe?" Diamond replied.

"That's a really weird bug." Silver shuddered, "Do we kill it?"

"I don't know, maybe it's rare or something"

"I don't wanna touch it Diamond."

Both girls accidentally leaned against the door a little too much, and the door emitted a loud creeking sound that echoed across the whole foyer.

The Tooth Fairy dropped the tube of tooth paste and began snarling wildly, it swiveled its head around. It's gaze landed on the door and saw with its non-existent eyes the terrified girls peeking through the door.

The Tooth Fairy let out a string of angry growls, it's wings began shifting and it hovered over the ground. It opened its mouth wide and lunged at the girls whose eyes widened in panic.


Sitting in a large red monster truck, Dead sat in the driver seat and waited outside the mansion, parked near the front gates until he heard two girls screaming in the distance. He began laughing when he heard their loud cries of terror echoing.

"AH-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA!" Dead laughed and pressed the accelerator, driving towards Canterlot, "Look out! Flossing and cavities won't be your only worry tonight!" Dead cackled.


The group ran downstairs, thinking maybe they could catch Bones. after all. How fast could he go?

Fast enough, apparently.

"Ok well he's definetly gone." AppleJack remarked, filing behind the girls.

"And he didn't stay for the surprise party!" Pinkie pouted, crossing her arms.

Ralph stopped at the door and buried his head in his hands. Then glared at the girls.

“Congratulations. You all just released a destructive, vicious, brilliant skeleton with a serious intense hatred against all of mankind and remote controls.”

“For the record, we only opened one book,” Rainbow Dash reminded him.

“The Wendigo must have knocked a few books to the ground when he got out,” Aiden said. “Deads lock must have broken.”

"What do we do now?" Fluttershy asked Ralph with concern.

"You must have some contingency plan in case any of your monster were to be released?" Sunset asked.

"Yes darling," Rarity nodded, "We all assume you have a plan to stop that little brat before worse comes to worse?"

Ralph groaned, "Without the Bone Orchard manuscript we can't capture DeadBones"

Ralph tried to storm off but the door was locked, which kind of ruined the effect. “It’s locked from the outside.”

That was … not good.

Sunset tried a window, no luck.

“It's Locked.” Sunset informed them.

Something shimmied past them in the dark. A hulking shadow appeared on the wall behind them. Everyone all huddled closer, cowering at the size of the shadow.

"I decided I'm never opening another book as long as I live." Rainbow said out loud.

"I'm definetly not gonna pick up a book fer while either." AppleJack said herself.

“Out the kitchen door,” Ralph urged them. “Go. Now!”

They stopped dead in the kitchen entryway. The back door had a small doggy flap at the bottom, and it swung open. Standing before them stood a little man made of gingerbread. Huh? Wait. They realized they were staring at a gingerbread man!

And it was like 13 inches tall...

Rainbow almost laughed. All that panic … for a gingerbread?

Even Fluttershy wasn’t intimidated. Pinkie stepped in front of them with an excited expression.

"Ooo! Cookies!" Pinkie chirped, "Don't worry girls, this one’s all mine.”

But before she could put the cookie in her mouth out of the house, the dishwasher door popped open, issuing a billow of steam and ten more gingerbread men.

Pinkie stepped back into line. “I, uh, thought there was just one.” The ugly little creatures began appearing everywhere.

One popped out of the trash can. Another peeked out of the cupboard door. Five more leaped out of the drawers. Some had candy corn claws, teeth, and horns, and some were holding candy canes with the end sharpened like a spear.

“What’s everyone so scared about?” Rainbow asked. “They’re just cute little ginger—aaah!” A knife zinged straight past her ear, stabbing the wall behind her narrowly hitting her.

The gingerbread man closest to AppleJack pulled out another shining blade. His gumdrop eyes glowed black, and they caught the cruel, cold scowl on his cookie frosted face. They began snarling and waddling towards them holding sharp weapons.

“Oh,” Rainbow said.

"Ya had ta ask?" AppleJack said sarcastically.

"N-nice cookie men, please don't hurt us," Fluttershy whimpered,"I-I mean if you want, but we prefer you didn't."

One of the Gingerbread launched itself forward with a candy cane and with the help of another gingerbread on the counter, it spun him towards Ralph, wrapping its little arms and candy corn fingers around his head and swatting his ears. A second one attached itself to his waist.

“Ahhh!” Ralph whacked at them, to no effect. “Get them off me!”

"Hold still!" Rarity told him.

Rarity grabbed a frying pan and slammed it at the cookie on Ralph's face—just as Sunset smashed a rolling pin into the other one.

Good news. The cookie monsters fell off.

Bad news, Ralph fell over, howling in pain.

Oops.

Before Ralph could climb to his feet, a group of gingerbread men dragged in a garden hose and started tying up his legs. A battalion grabbed his ankles and started dragging him toward the kitchen oven. Tiny hands spun the heat up to 500 degrees. Ralph squirmed and struggled in vain.

Sunset and Aiden struggled to fight their way toward him.
Aiden shoved a gingerbread man off her brother and rammed it into the garbage disposal, face first. Cookie crumbs showered the kitchen.

“Ouch!” Sunset shouted as a gingerbread man poked her with a sharp candy cane. “That hurts.” She grabbed a Swiffer.

“Uh, darling, we can clean up later,” Rarity said.

But Sunset was already swinging it like a golf club, cracking every cookie head she could find. Applejack and Rainbow soon joined in using a mop and broom to either smash a gingerbread man or swing and send them flying across the room and smashing against the wall.

Three gingerbread monsters gathered together and began spinning one of them around. They spun and they spun and used the momentum to launch one of them at the Rainbooms.

Unfortunately it was launched at Applejack, it slammed against the side of her head and it knocked her down, her Stetson falling off. The gingerbread monster exploded into crumbs when it made contact with the blonde.

"Ugh!" AppleJack moaned, dazed by the impact of the Gingerbread, "Ya...darn little tiny punks!"

The two gingerbread monster that launched their brother to his death laughed and pointed a candy corn finger at the farmer. She growled before grabbing some milk from the fridge and threw the whole carton at them. It splashed on them, soaking a few in milk. Making them all soggy, with each step they fell apart on the ground and moaned loudly.

Aiden kicked any away that got too close to her liking. She jerked her head up just in time for a gingerbread monster to lung itself to her face. It began clawing and scratching her face with his candy corn claws.

"AHHH....YOU....STUPID....COOKIES!"

She peeled it off her face before grabbing it in her hands and chucked it at another gingerbread monster.

They both collided and exploded into crumbs.

Fluttershy ran over and hid behind Rainbow as she continuously swiped the heads off of Gingerbread Monster with her weapon.

"N-nice cookie monsters, p-please don't h-hurt my friends." She pleaded in a quiet tone, they obviously didn't listen and continued assaulting both her and Rainbow.

"AAAAHHHH!" Ralph squealed getting closer to the inferno which was the oven. "Girls! I know it's not the male usually in distress, but, I could really use some help!"

Rainbow turned to Fluttershy behind her, and looked at her over her shoulder while she kept hitting more gingerbread monsters, "Flutters, you and Pinkie go help Ralph."

"Wait where is Pinkie?" Fluttershy asked.

"Over here!"

The girls turned to Pinkie who was tied up, with multiple Gingerbread Monsters poking and prodding her with an array of sharp candy canes. One gingerbread monster then climbed on top of her, up to her head. Standing on her hair holding a candy cane with a piece of cloth attached to it like a flag. He then plunged the flag into her hair and saluted the air, speaking gibberish in a high pitch voice.

"If it's any consolation," Pinkie murmured, gazing up at the gingerbread on her head "I'm soooooo sorry I ate so many of your kind."

"Off her you senseless little creeps!" Rarity exclaimed.

The gingerbread monster on her hair was suddenly knocked into the air by a frying pan. Rarity used her weapon to knock any cookie monster closest to her and began to untie Pinkie hastily.

Once free from her bounds, Pinkie and Fluttershy crawled on the floor and tried to untie Ralph. They grabbed the ferocious cookies in a jumble that were carrying him up to his fiery death, and they tossed them in the oven and worked together to close it and watched the cookie creatures turn into melted liquid puddles. Before melting the Gingerbread monsters garbled something that sounded awfully like:

"I'm melting-I'm melting shitheads!"

Sunset whacked another gingerbread, then looked for more.....but there weren’t any.

They smashed them all!

“Victory over cookies!” Pinkie cheered.

"We did it!" Susnet cheered, dropping her weapon to the ground.

"Ugh," Rairty groaned in disgust, dusting her dress , which was covered in dustings of crumbs and cookie powder. She frantically began brushing off the crumbs, "I'll be happy as soon as I get these crumbs off my dress."

Ralph took a few deep breaths, trying to wrap his head around the fact that they were still all in one piece. Unlike the gingerbread men.

"Thank goodness, it's finally over." Fluttershy sighed in relief.

"Yeah!" AJ nodded, "We showed those tiny treats whose boss!"

Until there was a scratching sound beneath them, they looked to the ground underneath them, the sound of cookie crumbs pieces rattling back to life, much to everyone's dismay. They stared in horror as the larger crumbs and the candy corns began rattling first.

Then began moving on their own.

Slowly at first, then faster and faster, the pieces skidded on the floor towards one another like magnets, re-forming into gingerbread men. Slowly the crumbs reformed from legs to head and they were angry. They're frosted eyebrows furrowed into angry expressions. They're candy corn claws somehow got sharper and some held sharpened candy cane hooks ready to impale someone.

“Nooooo,” Fluttershy moaned. “No, no, nononono!”

"Oh yeah," Ralph muttered, recalling a piece of critical info, "I forgot, my monsters can't be destroyed. I mean yeah, you can destroy them. But they don't stay destroyed forever."

"Really? I didn't notice." Rainbow exclaimed watching the cookie creatures stir closer to them.

“We have to get out of here!” Aiden said, though that was pretty obvious. “We need to get to the basement.”

“It’s locked,” Ralph said.

“I broke the lock,” Pinkie admitted.

“That’s vandalism!”

Rainbow was already racing for the cellar door.

“Send us a bill!” She shouted over her shoulders.

The gingerbread men chased them across the house as they headed for the basement, nearly trampling one another on they way down the stairs.

“Watch out for the bear traps!” Sunset cried, just in time.

They all carefully hopscotched across the traps, thankfully avoiding each one in their path. The herd of gingerbread men stampeded down the stairs. It seemed like there were more of them than ever. But unlike them, they didn’t know about the traps. One gingerbread man after another stepped in between those iron jaws and exploded into a cloud of crumbs.

It wouldn’t stop them, they knew that now, from what Ralph and Aiden told them earlier. The monsters would not stay dead forever. But it would slow them down enough for them to escape.

Hopefully.

They raced up the stairs to the outside and burst through the cellar door. Gasping for air, Ralph slammed the door behind the girls and fastened the padlock.

They all stood there on the lawn for a moment, sucking air into their lungs and wondering what they should do next. The sound of gingerbread kicking and pounding the door was heard along with wild angry high pitch snarling.

“Why couldn’t you have written stories about rainbows and unicorns?” Rainbow asked Ralph , once she recovered the power of speech.

“Because unicorns and rainbows aren't the first thing that came to mind when I wanted to get revenge against all my bullies!” Ralph angrily retorted.

There was only a sliver of moon, and the wendigo had knocked out all the streetlights, but the group could see everyone’s faces pretty clearly. Because the air around them was swarming with millions of tiny lights, like fireflies. On any other night, it might have been beautiful. On that night? It could only mean that something else was going wrong. They followed the glowing cloud to its source, laying on its back in the middle of the street was a smoldering pile of what had once been leather-bound manuscripts.

Ralph jaw dropped open. This wasn't good at all.

“He’s burning the books,” Aiden said.

"Why is he doing that?” Sunset asked.

“So there’s no way to put the monsters back inside,” Ralph answered, sounding like it was the end of the world.

Given all those books, and all those monsters, maybe it was the end of the world.


A man bent over his bike, pedaling hard on the main road towards Cantetlot. He furiously peddled getting his cardio exercised. He didn’t even hear the monster truck approaching behind him … not until it pulled closer and began honking. Its headlights lit the road stretching ahead of him. Its engine roared like a monster.

“Go around!” the man yelled, waving his arm motioning to the side. “Cyclists rights!”

The truck did not speed up or swerve around him, it was highly persistent. It kept shadowing him, its lights blazing brighter against the night. The cyclist glanced over his shoulder, nearly blinded by flashing high beams. The truck continuously honked wildly.

The man raised his fist and shook it at the driver. “I’m a lawyer and I will sue you lunatic!”

The truck swerved abruptly, ramming the cyclist with one of its tremendous tires, and running him off the road, straight into a ditch. The cyclist screamed loudly before he crashed. The front wheels were bent at a ridiculous angle and the owner of the bike was silent and laid motionless, almost dead.

Almost.

Inside the truck, boney hands gripped the steering wheel. Teeth clattered together. As the driver drove wildly ignoring standard driving rules and regulations, only pressing the pedal harder. He drove like a maniac.

And that can pretty much sum up who he was entirely.

Dead laughed. “I’m sorry folks Id stop but my feet don't reach the brakes! Ha-ha-ha!”

Dead drove on, honking the horn and letting the Monster Truck drove further. He liked this town. He had big plans for it.

Soon the sound of police sirens filled the air. DeadBones turned to see several police vehicles drive infront them, Dead scoffed. Just to humor the cops he pressed the brake pedal infront of them. Much to the confusion of the monster truck as it wanted to squish their skulls open with its large, house-sized tires.

"This is the police, step out of the vehicle immediately." One of the police officers proclaimed with a large bull horn.

Dead then uttered a faux yawn waving his hand against his mouth feigning boredom.

To the Monster trucks utter surprise, Dead actually opened the door to reveal himself to the officers who all recoiled at the sight of Deadbones. Confused, all of them thinking he was wearing a skeleton costume of some sort. After all it was Halloween.

Dead then mockingly raised his arms up, "I come in peace, unarmed. I just want to read you all a bed time story."

"Sir, remove you mask and shut your mouth." The officer with the bullhorn commanded.

"Mmm'kay, but it won't stap talkin'." Dead muttered outloud, his teeth clenched but his voice only slightly muffled.

"Put your hands behind your back!" He ordered.

"Oh I'll put my hands behind my back officers." Dead replied, putting both his hands behind his back. pulling out a manuscript from nowhere, titled:

"The Zilther beast"

He then swiftly unlocked the book, before whipping his arm back and tossing it infront of the startled and confused officers. Their confusion transformed into horror, soon a giant purple creature blasted out of the book. It hovered in midair, with no legs, it had three heads, the middle head had a large single eyeball, sharp teeth, while the other two heads had no eyes and just a mouth with their tongues stretching out, waving around, it's hands were oversized, clutching a giant blue crystal rock, tendrils sprouted out of its back.

The rock the Zilther was holding glowed purple. It dark energy then literally ripped through the road, knocking down telephone poles and electrical wires. They also caused some of the police cars to explode, the officers scrambled out of the way. No one got hurt, but that didn't stop Dead from guffawing evilly. He entered back in the monster truck before driving off. As the Zilther shot more energy beams from the crystal, he shot multiple trees. Encompassing them all in a purple hue light, bringing trees to life with nasty, twisted expressions on their face, they shifted in their position and began uprooting themselves from the ground and started chasing the officers as they screamed trying to flee for their life.

"HA-HA-HA, look out officers! They're bite is worse than their bark!"

Dead laughed and let the Truck drive him away. The truck stopped next to a cell phone tower, the window rolled down, and a burning manuscript flew through it.

Out appeared a green plant like monster, its top half resembled a human, while the bottom parts was just leafy vines and tendrils, replacing human legs. It had a green mowhawk with little leaves sprouting on each cheek. It began growling wildly as roots and other plants began growing around his tendrils which replaced his legs. The creature swerved his head around until the honking of the monster truck paused his musing.

"Hey!" Dead Bones called out, "Living plant food! Yeah I'm talking to you! Why dont you do these folks a favor and help them cut their phone bill?"

DeadBones then pointed up to the cell towards. Poison Thorn understood the gesture, he punched the ground and green tendrils erupted out of the earth, sprouting quickly, with roots and venus flytraps each one lined with razor-sharp, man-eating teeth.

The tendrils grew with breathtaking speed. Soon they were climbing their way up the cell towers, slowly wrapping themselves around the entire tower in moments. Soon the tendrils began crushing the towers, leaving huge dents, and crumpled before it collapsed and fell with a loud metal clank.

"Missed calls are gonna be the least of this towns worries!" Dead laughed outloud.

The vines didn't stop there, they began snaking their way through and around the town, creating a tall wall of thorns and vines wrapping around each other to form a massive hedge around the town perimeter. Slowly but surely cutting off the town from the outside world and whatever help it could provide.

"Hey! Check out my new best seller! It'll grow on you! HA-HA-HA-HA-HA!"

DeadBones drove on leaving Poison Thorn to his work and encircling the whole town and cut off the roads, prohibiting anyone from leaving or entering. Atleast without getting large cuts and lacerations from the thorns and man eating plants with sharp teeth.

Dead just pressed the pedal harder. The monster truck beeping loudly and began steamrolling any car in its way with its huge tires, crushing cars to a flat metal pancake. Then just to be a huge massive jerk, and throw salt on the wound, he began unlocking the manuscripts.

Manuscripts burned and fireballs danced across the highway, each of them unleashing a great and terrible beast on the unsuspecting town. In the distance, a woman screamed.

Dead giggled.

There would be plenty to laugh about once this night was over. And plenty of delicious screams. Dead was just getting started.

The Zilther Beast and Poison Thorn began causing havoc on the roads for cars by bringing plants to life and trapping cars and snaring them in large vines, collectively crushing them. The Zilther Beast blasted oncoming cars with its energy beams. The cars erupted in larges balls of fire while all the humans fell out of their car and rolled against the road before turning into human-sized molotovs. Poison Thorn continued his thick giant hedge of thorns. He watched a collection of cars crash and pile up on the road, all against his thorny wall. Poison Thorn snarled and raised his hands and shot multiple thorns from his forearms stretched towards the vehicles. The thorns plunged into the metal of the cars and shattered glass. Creating large gaping holes within the cars, piercing each one.

Dead watched with sadistic glee as the monster truck flattened another car, running over it. The driver jumping out just in time, screaming loudly. Almost sharing the same fate as his vehicle. Much to Dead's amusement, hearing him scream.

"I'm gonna drive this whole town crazy! HA-HA-HA!"

Author's Note:

Massage chair, cause Dead ordered it.

Dead: "That's right!"

How did you even get into my house?

Dead: "I used the front door."