• Published 15th Nov 2015
  • 3,652 Views, 148 Comments

Monster-bumps - Napalm monster



Two new kids move to Canterlot high. They seem normal, except one of them is hiding a secret. And the Rainbooms wanna know why? They'll soon regret it when they find out what it was (Spoiler for the new goosebumps movie)

  • ...
6
 148
 3,652

Chapter 5: Three Years Ago, on This Very Day

Author's Note:

First of all I'd like to thank everyone who took their time to read my story, I'm a noob at this website, but have read enough stories to know the basics :twilightblush:

I will continue to post everyday a chapter, cause yes I have that much time off of school to do so.

This chapter will give both Ralph and Aiden a little back story. Since they are the main characters of this shebang. (Not to mention a little origin story for our main villain. :pinkiecrazy:MWAHAHAHA!) It will give the characters a little more information. This is an adaptation to the new goosebumps movie, yes. And there will be a lot of scenes that seem familiar from the movie. (Okay a lot of scenes :twilightsmile: but I guess that's an adaptation for you) but there are going to be a few changes making it slightly different from the movie.

Anyway I'll shut up so you can begin reading.

Now hit my intro!:

http://youtu.be/YnY4Gsyio3I

*Three years ago*

A younger, slightly less angry, more happy, Ralph walked home from school, he spent another day by himself.

As usual.

He walked across the street and cut threw the park. He glanced around, he only saw owners with dogs and people jogging. Occasionally a few kids together playing. He almost envied them, having real people to talk to. Though the kids he talk to occasionally ignored him, instead of openly conversing with. He really hated his town. No one at school ever even gave a second side glance.

He turned corners and went further into an empty neighborhood. No one was out, everyone was either inside or at work or school.

He was cut off by his musing by a loud obnoxious voice.

"Hey Shiverriba!"

Oh no.

Ralph internally groaned and rolled his eyes, he turned to see a boy with a bald head, wearing an orange collared shirt and beige shorts. It was his usually bully: Mike. He always viciously teased him for being both short and alone. Though Ralph liked attention, he hated negative attention aimed towards him. Like being ridiculed and mocked by kids like Mike.

"Where's the rush shorty?" He asked sarcastically, "It's not like you got anywhere important to be, no friends waiting for you!"

"Screw off Mike, I'm not in the mood for your crap today." Ralph replied.

He turned around and tried to walk away as far possible from the bigger boy only for him to clamp on his shoulder really tight and forcefully make Ralph turn to face him with a scowl on his features.

"You're going the wrong way." Mike then pointed over his shoulder, "The way to Loser-ville is over there."

Ralph narrowed his eyes and growled, "You're the loser! I may not have friends, but atleast I don't spend my time picking on others smaller than me!"

That didn't seem to make Mike very happy as he glared at Ralph and picked him up by the collar of his jacket, keeping a firm grip. Ralph gulped staring at the older kid, realizing his error. His feet dangled in the air as his jacket collar stretched slightly.

"You know something, if you didn't act so weird maybe you'd have a friend." He said contemptuously.

Mike then pushed Ralph tossing him to the grass where he fell with a loud thump, kicking dirt up into the air. Mike then kicked Ralph in his stomach making him cough loudly in pain.

"Too bad your just a loser freak." He sneered loudly.

Mike then continued assaulting Ralph by kicking him continuously making him groan louder and more louder. He was so engrossed in kicking him he didn't notice three hulking shadows looming over him. Once he finally noticed, he paused and turned his head to look over his shoulder and see who was behind him.

Or what was standing behind him.

Standing behind him were three creatures. First one was an orange and brown monster with a giant eyeball for a head, small horns poking out of the side of his head, four tendrils sprouted out of his back with more eyes on the end. Second creatures was metal humanoid robot, no mouth, red piercing glowing eyes, and giant hammy oversized forearms the size of girders that could smash a skull open effortlessly. Finally stood a large cloud of pixels, blinking continuously, clustered together. the pixels formed a scowl at the person assaulting Ralph.

Mike gasped in fear as the monsters growled, he stepped over Ralph and backed away as far as possible. Thankfully the neighborhood was still empty and no one else saw the three monsters.

Mike began whimpering nervously, Ralph noticed this and he smiled sadistcally. He stood up, with his forearms draped over his stomach, brushing off all dirt. He stood infront of Mike with a small smirk, while his monsters lumbered over him. Waiting for him to give an order.

"You're right." Ralph paused and spat blood on the ground next to him, "I don't have real friends, I have MY friends."

Ralph then snapped his fingers. At his command, the eye monster stepped forward his eye-head glowing blue. It then shot a blue light that emanated from his pupil, blasting Mike with it. His body temperature dropped and his skin froze over.

Mike wanted to scream. He opened his mouth, but no words were muttered. Instead he stood there ice trailing across his body until he was standing frozen in a block of ice.

Ralph couldn't help but laugh at the position he was in and the fear sketched on his face at his final moments before turning into a living ice sculpture. He wasn't dead, just frozen over. But Ralph laughed at him continuously nonetheless.

"Oh man, I need something to remember this." Ralph pulled out his phone and motioned his monsters to stand beside his tormentor.

The monster crouched next to him, the XT-1000 and the Eye Monster kneeled slightly next to the frozen scared Mike. The Pixel Phantom hovered over him making a goofy pixalated smile.

Ralph snapped the picture, but accidentally forgot to turn off the flash. All the eyes on eye monsters widened as the flash was too bright. A sharp pain stung his eyes and he rocketed up, making disgusting loud moaning sounds from the top eyeball that was its head. It flinched and moaned loudly in pain as the light temporarily made his visions blurry.

"Oh shoot, sorry!" Ralph exclaimed loudly, "I forgot the flash, I'm sorry."

The eye monster continued moaning loudly in pain, it's eyelids clamped shut. Ralph walked towards it and rubbed his leg, since he was so short that's what he could only reach at his height. He began rubbing his thigh reassuringly to calm him down.

"Easy buddy I'm sorry!" Ralph apalogized. He then looked around and thought that people were going to see them by how loud the moans of pain were.

"Look I'm sorry but we need to go before you guys are spotted." Ralph stated.

The XT-1000 nodded and grabbed the Eye Monster by the hand and lead him as Ralph began walking in a fast pace towards the house. The cloud of pixels flying over them.

Ralph and his three monsters made it to there house unseen, successfully. He peered in side, and opened the door slightly to make sure his parents weren't home. Once the coast was clear, he motioned his monsters inside, the eye monster narrowed his eyes in pain, following Ralph and the two others inside.

Once they were secure in his room, he locked it for safety measures. He sighed and leaned his back against the door in relief.

"That was close, it's a mira-"

"Ralph?"

Ralph yelped nervously and heard his sisters voice on the other side.

"Are you in there?" She asked.

Ralph looked back at his monsters and at his stack of manuscripts he had begun writing a year ago on top of his deck. He gazed back at his monsters apologetically.

"I'm sorry I got to put you all back in," he said in a whisper like tone, "I'll release you all later, I promise."

The monsters nodded understandingly. Ralph quickly ran over and grabbed each their own proper book before sucking them all one by one quickly.

"Ralph?" Aiden knocked on the door, thankfully she didn't notice the blue lights bleeding from under the door, "What's going on?"

The door suddenly flung open and Ralph stood by the doorway, his room now completely empty. He smiled to his sister, though a bit nervously. He composed himself, trying to seem calm and collective.

"Hey sis! What's shaken?" He asked, looking nervous.

"Are you okay little bro?" She asked, a bit worried by his expression.

"Yeah-yeah I'm fine." He nodded vigorously.

"Well can I come in?" Aiden asked.

"Yeah!" Ralph replied happily, stood one side for his sister enter.

"So how's your books doing?" She asked suddenly.

"M-my b-books?"

"Yeah," Aiden then walked over to the manuscripts on his desks examing them curiously much to his distress. Currently their were eight stacked up, Aiden began reading the title of each:


"Strike of the Queen Cobra
Arachnida the Spider Princess
The Zilther Beast
The Wolf boy
The Mutant Mantis
The XT-1000
Beast with Nine Eyes
Playing with Pixel Phantoms."

Whoa!" She exclaimed and held up a book, then gazed at Ralph, "You have been busy Ralph."

Ralph didn't speak, he was so nervous with his sister gazing at them curiously. Fearing she might open it and his secret exposed, they would take his friends away. They would ask questions on how he did it. They would probably even call the army or something.

He wasn't going to let that happen.

He quickly snatched the book out of her hands. Aiden looked at him confused.

"Hey I was looking at that!" Aiden cried.

"Sorry, but I don't let anyone read my books," he chuckled sheepishly, "Not even mom and dad."

Aiden pursed her lips and gave him a cute puppy dog stare that would often work at times. Her eyes widened to cute levels and she spoke in a soft, quivering voice that could melt icy hearts.

"Pllllleeeeease?"

Ralph heart dropped at the sight of his sisters making such an expression. But he had to resist. It was a miracle he could say 'no'.

"Sorry, another time."

Aiden sighed, dropping her cute puppy face. Disappointed with the results.

"Fine," Aiden drawled, "I also came in to tell you dad is planning a cross country road trip in four weeks."

"oh god!" Ralph face then paled, "Please tell me we're sleeping in an RV instead of going into those icky motels with ants."

Aiden chuckled in response, "Dude, I told you before, ants aren't gonna swarm you while your sleeping."

"You don't know that!" Ralph almost yelled, "Speaking of which, maybe I should write a book about ants, so everyone else can see how scary they truly are."

Aiden continued chuckling, "You're weird." She said in a soft playful manner.

"I am not!" Ralph replied, sounding haughty, "I am limited addition."

Both siblings then began laughing loudly, sharing the moment in bliss. Their laugh subsided into chuckles and Aiden spoke.

"Okay weirdo, get downstairs so I can fix us up some dinner."

"Hope its Italian. I'm in the mood for pasta and meatballs." Ralph said before exiting the room.

Aiden watched him go, then softly gazed at the stack on manuscripts curiously. She then felt an urge to read one of the books. Ralph wouldn't notice one book missing, he's always busy writing a new one. Besides she wanted to see the effort Ralph put in. They must be good if Ralph put so much time into them.

Aiden looked back to make sure her brother wasn't present, she then slowly walked towards the book and picked one up that caught her interest: "Beast with Nine Eyes."

Aiden gazed over her shoulder one last time to ensure she was by herself. The door was ajar, but by the sounds emanating from downstairs, she evaluated Ralph was washing his hand. She then creeked the book slightly open. That's when a light suddenly flooded the room.


"Hmm," Ralph muttered, rinsing his hands in soap, while thinking new book ideas, it was amazing how much monsters his imagination could store, "Tooth Faries? Little faries with sharp carnivorous teeth....heh, that's an idea, oh I'm doing it."

His musing was cut off by a sharp high pitch scream, coming up from the second floor of the house.

"oh no!"

Ralph ran upstairs to his room and stared in fear as Aiden was leaning against the wall in fear while she was gawking at his nine eye Monster. She then noticed him near the doorway.

"Ralph! What is that!?" She exasperated loudly.

Ralph ran toward between her and the monsters his hands outstretched infront of each of them. Motioning them to calm down and relax.

"It's okay-it's okay!" He repeated, he turned to the beast with nine eyes, "Eye guy this is my sister Aiden."

Aiden stared between Ralph and the monster in short confusion, "W-wait he's your friend?"

"Well." Ralph paused, while the eye monster nodded, grunting, as if answering her question for his creator, "Okay yeah."

Aiden shook her head in disbelief, her brain filing up with questions, "Okay then, explain how a monster just suddenly appeared in the room when I opened your book."

Ralph sighed, slumping down on his bed, "Okay fine."

After sending the Eye monster back where it belonged. Ralph motioned Aiden to take a seat on her bed and began slowly explaining. After all her question were answered, Aiden stared shocked at her brother, still absorbing everything what he told her. It was amazing, incredible and yet somewhat terrifying. Though Ralph kept reassuring her, telling her they would not harm her, aslong as she didn't hurt him. She couldn't believe her brother had this kind of power. She couldn't help hold some fear over him.

Aiden began breathing rapidly, her breath cut short with each exhale. Ralph took this as a bad sign.

"Your not scared are you?"

"Are you kidding me? Of course I'm scared!" She snapped both frightened and angry "You have monsters from your imagination living in your books!" She exasperated loudly, "And-and you never told me this. I thought we had a strong trust between us."
Aiden exclaimed sounding more angry about the lack of trust than the monsters.

"I couldn't risk telling you without you informing someone else. I mean what would mom and dad do once they find out this little 'secret'?"

Aiden shook her head, "Then you clearly underestimated me little bro."

Ralph jerked his head up and stared at his sister in confusion, "Wait, what?"

Aiden inhaled and let out a sigh, "This is so weird, every instinct in me is urging me to tell mom and dad about this."

Ralph flinched when she said this, he hunched his shoulder and his muscles clenched apprehensively. But his body relaxed suddenly when he heard Aiden let out a long sigh. This one sounded peaceful, more softer.

"But your my brother. And I love you so much. And seeing you alone with no friends, makes me feel bad." She took a long momentary pause, contemplating everything, "If these, 'monsters', make you feel better. Then I can keep a secret from both mom and dad."

"R-really?" Ralph asked, surprised by her sisters reaction.

She reluctantly nodded, "Yeah."

She peered over to the books, looking at them slight fear. She secretly wanted to tell someone about this before it got out of hand, but she loved her brother enough to know these monsters made him happy. And after years of seeing him with just a few friends that never lasted. She knew these monster friends would make him happy. She was hesitant, but she did it for her brother.

"Please tell me these are the only ones your going to make." Aiden muttered in a quiet voice, hunching her shoulders slightly.

"Weeeeeeell...."

It was clear in his voice what was his answer.

"Oh dear lord your going to make more aren't you?" Aiden asked as if the answer was quite obvious.

"Now hear me out," Ralph held his hand out, "If they do get out of control, we can always seal them back in their books. It's the only way to stop them."

Aiden sighed, she really wanted to protest. But now Ralph was using her signature puppy face.

Aiden groaned loudly tilting her head upward facing the ceiling, with her eyes closed. Really, really, she didn't want more monsters around. But she wanted her brother to be happy more.

"Fine!"

"Really?" Ralph asked excitedly like a kid who earned extra allowance, "You won't mind."

Aiden remained silent for a moment, she then let out a few chuckles, "Yeah you bonehead."

Ralph smiled, his eyes then widened.

Bonehead.

"Wait a minute I got a new idea for a story!" He proclaimed, he ran over to his desk grabbed his special pen, some paper and began scribbling profusely. Letting his creation process in his imagination.

Aiden sighed once more, this time loudly and apprehensively. Knowing she just inadvertently help create a new monster to roam around her house.

The cogs in Ralph's head began spinning as he wrote. Constructing his newest tale of horror. His fingers nimbly wrapped around the pen, focusing on the first chapter.

As Ralph kept writing, Aiden had decided to intentionally stay there while the young writer went to work focusing on both his paper and pen. He seemed enthralled with his story, coming up with twists and backstory for the character and details for the monster within. Still residing in his imagination.

Until Ralph finished and opened the book.

His eyes moved and followed the pen as he wrote. Night had already fell, blanketing the room in darkness. The only light was a lamp on Ralph's desk next to him.

The parents had already returned and noticed their son keenly focused on writing another book. They chose not to disturb him as he was in the zone. As promised, Aiden remained silent and didn't mutter a word of today's events. She even remained with Ralph as he was still writing eagerly.

" 'Fiona and Regina crossed the cemetery unaware of the figure hiding in the distance, peering behind the tree watching them...'"

Ralph muttered the scene of the chapter he was on. His pen scribbling the words he spoke on to paper.

" 'he showed no remorse and continuously taunted the two girls as they ran fast as their legs could carry them both...' "

Ralph relished in creating the monster. It was his favorite part of writing the story, he made sure to put extra detail in his appearance. His imagination showed him the features on the monster and he wrote it down vigorously.

Ralph held his breath once he reached the climax of his story, he wrote the ending and finished the book. He sighed in relief.

He peered over his shoulder to see Aiden sound asleep on his bed, drifting into her dreams. Ralph smiled at how cute Aiden was when she slumbered.

He stood up from his chair walked over her and draped her form with a blanket. He patted her back gently as to not wake her, he planted a kiss on her forehead. Then whispered.

"Thanks for being the coolest big sister anyone could ask for." He whispered as to not wake her.

Then he turned back to his work. Smiling broadly, he couldn't wait to greet his newest monster and give him life. They would be the best friends ever. And the best part, he would have someone to talk to. The other monsters just grunted and growled and hissed. But this one he gave dialogue and the power of speech. Finally someone to speak to other than his family. He could already feel all his lonely nights behind him, turning only into to a bad memory, already fading from his mind. He was so excited.

He shook with anticipation. He grabbed an empty manuscript book and wrote on the title.

"Bone Orchard."

He put all the piles of paper neatly together and gently attached them to the inside of the cover. Once the pages were securely fastened, he closed the book and smiled with enthusiasm. The book then glowed in a black, tarish, murky aura. Indicating the magic was currently taking over to guarentee a monster would appear as he opened the book.

He was prepared to see the result of his latest creation. He wouldn't let him down and he would alway be a good friend.

"Alright get ready to meet your daddy." Ralph whispered, filled with glee.

Ralph gripped the flaps of the manuscript and began slowly pried it open. A blue light was unleashed and the ink on the pages flowed off. The loud whooshing noise suddenly woke Aiden up as she stirred from her slumber and yawned loudly. Her eye lids still squinted.

She turned to Ralph holding the manuscript. Her eyes then immediately flung open as she saw the glowing blue vortex spinning in the room. It was a miracle both their parents didn't hear the rush of wind from the room.

Ralph grinned widely as the ink began slowly taking shape on the middle of the room. It's details grew clearer and clearer with each passing moment Ralph held the book open.

Aiden eyes adjusted to the bright light as she saw the shape. She gaped in awe, before the awe was replaced with fear and disbelief.

Her eyes widened in horror.

"Oh...my god....its-its," Aiden muttered, apprehensively, "I can't believe it! it's-"

Ralph quickly cut her off. He shouted loudly, his voice grew dark and sinister. As his volume reached high levels.

"ITS ALIVE! THATS WHAT IT IS!"

As the wind and torrent ceased. The figure remained positioned in the middle of the room. It was kneeled down, not saying anything. It was hunched down silent. Its head was facing down and its arms were limped, hanging loosely. The light from Ralph's lamp shone on him, illuminating his form, making him clear for both the Shiverribas to see.

For a moment everything was silent. The monster didn't speak or utter a single verbal response towards the two humans. It just laid there with a its arms dangling and its head bowing, facing the floor. For a moment Ralph had feared the magic had not worked and taken effect.

Suddenly in an unexpected swift motion it jerked its head up, facing the Shiverriba siblings and let out an evil laugh that resonated through the room and echoed throughout the entire house. Aiden backed away from it, staring nervously at it, her skin erupted into goosebumps and the hair on her nape stood up high. Ralph's grin only grew wider, it almost encompassed his face gazing at his creation, while the monster laughed a high pitch laughter.

"AH-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA!"

The light on Ralph's desk then flittered, after a few more moments of flickering on and off it flickered one last time before confining the room into darkness. The laugh still echoed off the walls of the room.

"HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA!..hehehehe!"