• Published 15th Nov 2015
  • 3,652 Views, 148 Comments

Monster-bumps - Napalm monster



Two new kids move to Canterlot high. They seem normal, except one of them is hiding a secret. And the Rainbooms wanna know why? They'll soon regret it when they find out what it was (Spoiler for the new goosebumps movie)

  • ...
6
 148
 3,652

Chapter 11: The Wolf Boy.

The group looked around the supermarket as lights were on and its muzak was playing, but the place was deserted. Everyone sane was probably at home, hiding under their beds holding a blunt object close to their chest. They looked outside once more to see the glowing Mutant Mantis outside far away playing and crushing with more cars.

"How far are we from the high school?" Ralph asked.

"Not too far," Sunset said. "We can cut through the cemetery and Everfree woods."

"A cemetery?" Aiden repeated.

"You’ve gotta be kidding me." AppleJack shook her head.

"The woods?" Rarity whined, "These boots are not made for walking on dirt darling."

She shrugged, "The high school is just past the woods on the other side."

"Anyone else wonderin' how long this town had a cemetery and we haven't even heard about it?" Applejack asked, though, everyone ignored her for some reason.

As long they were in the market, the group figured they might as well grab some supplies. Ralph snagged a bag of chips and some sheets of papers to begin writing on the book, Sunset, Rainbow, and Applejack grabbed weapons like mops and brooms, any sort of melee weapon, Fluttershy, Rarity and Aiden grabbed medical supplies like bandages and other things in case someone got hurt along the journey.

While Pinkie gazed at a towering display of soda bottles.

“Hey, you got a dollar?" She asked.

"What? No, why?" Ralph replied.

"I’m really thirsty! All this being chased by monsters makes a girl parched, I need a soda."

Ralph let out an exasperated groan. "Just take one. I'm sure they’ll understand."

"Really?" Pinkie then turned to gaze at the soda selection weighing her options in her mind. "I kinda want a strawberry. Maybe grape, though, Oooo cherry, I haven't had that in four hours…"

Ralph snatched a two liter bottle with orange soda off the rack and shoved it at Pinkie, "For god’s sake, here! Orange!"

Pinkie happily accepted the bottle and held it protectively like a child and followed Ralph as he stormed off.

"So," Pinkie asked trying to start a conversation, "Can I ask you a question?"

Ralph sighed, knowing the girl wasn't gonna take a 'no' for an answer.

He solemnly nodded.

"Were you really lonely when you were a kid?" She asked genuinely serious, her voice losing its usual jubilant tone.

Ralph face grew stiff as old memories hit the surface of his mind. Every single taunt and disrespect he received. His life as an outcast. Though he was able to actually talk to a few kids. Just all those friends he had never lasted more than two months before they forgot about him. Eventually he just stopped trying to make friends, fearing they would eventually forget about him and move on and sometimes that's what would happen. He gave up on friendship a long time.

"Actually yeah, I had a few friends, but they never lasted. And I was too shy to make any new ones." He stated, dipping his head down.

"Like Fluttershy!" Pinkie replied cheerily.

"A bit, I guess."

Ralph then remembered his middle school experience, it wasn't that he hated human interaction, it was just hard to live in a world where the upper class society except you to be something your not. He had to deal with that a lot. And he just liked being weird. It was fun being unique. But others didn't see it that way.

"I'm sorry if I was being mean to you before, it's just I'm not use to others asking to be my friend. Usually I'm the one who has to make that effort." He stated.

"Well...." Pinkie paused and looked at the ground, "Am I at least your friend."

Ralph flicked his head up, he then began contemplating on how to answer. Sure Pinkie was annoying, but she was the first person to offer her friendship to him, something that never happened before. She was nice, friendly, and was loyal to her friends. Perhaps all this could have been avoided, if he accepted her friendship in the first place.

He turned and gazed at Pinkie who was nervously tracing circles on the floor with the tip of her boot in anticipation waiting for his answer. A smile suddenly creeped across Ralph's face for the first time in ages. This girl truly wanted to be his friend.

His gloomy aura for the second time tonight subsided slightly as it began losing a portion of its dismal and despondent vibe.

"Let's start over."

Ralph cleared his throat extended his hand, with his palm out.

"Hi there I'm Ralph Shiverriba."

Pinkie squealed in delight, her body filled with joy and glee. She then grabbed his hand with both her hands and shook him wildly.

"I'm Pinkamena Diane Pie, but you can call me Pinkie."

After releasing his hand, Ralph shook for a moment before the vibrations around his form finally calmed down, and he shook his head.

"N-n-n-nice t-t-t-to meet y-you."

Pinkie smile stretched to her cheek after hearing those words, she didn't hesitate in wrapping her arms around his waist and lifting him up in a hug. There was a loud squelching sound, also bones popping in his body as Ralph cheeks puffed up. Holding his breath tight, while Pinkie grasped him tightly.

"Oh Ralphy! I knew you'd come around!" She squealed happily, her hold on Ralph never faltering, "I'll take good care of you as a friend, I'm going to invite you to all my parties, including bithdays, special events, slumber parties and outdoors events. We'll be the best of bestest friends!"

"Okay...That's great Pinkie Pie..." Ralph breathed, suffocating from the lack of oxygen but kept a friendly facade, his lungs seeking fresh air "Maybe....dial it down on the nicknames....Also put me down..."

Pinkie dropped Ralph back to his feet as he gasped for air. Pinkie patted his shoulder, but her smile never left. Then suddenly they began hearing gnawing.

Wait a second.

Pinkie looked at Ralph. Ralph looked at her. Then they both turned to look at the meat section … where a giant, shaggy werewolf was gnawing on a side of prime rib!

It was seven feet tall, had yellow glowing eyes and wearing blue ripped shirt, nothing else underneath.

Aiden and Sunset joined them just as the wolf tossed the rib aside and started gnawing away at a bloody flank steak. The group peeked slightly watching it chew on the steak.

"Hey girls what-" Rainbow came but Aiden quickly pressed her finger against her lips.

The others came and were about to open their mouths but Ralph jabbed his thumb over his shoulder quietly like charades, and hunched over with his arms up clawing the air and bared his teeth making an angry face. The girls understood the gesture.

Pinkie nodded okay, then twisted open the cap of her soda cap.

Hisssssssss.

The werewolf swiveled its head toward them in he direction he heard the sound of gas being released. Everyone ran.

Sunset, Aiden and Pinkie raced toward the frozen-food section. Rainbow, Rarity, AJ, and Shy headed toward the pet aisle and Ralph followed, but he got waylaid in personal hygiene.

"What are you doing?" Rainbow asked as Ralph picked up a bottle hand sanitizer.

"The Wolf Boy can pick up my scent," he explained, smearing his face and body with Purell. He then gave himself a experimental sniff for reassurance, "No, it's not working, I need to hide!"

Sunset, Aiden, and Pinkie were meanwhile hiding in one of the freezers. Aiden creeped the door slightly and peeked around, once the coast was clear she beckoned the others to come out and follow her. Susnet exited the freezer, she turned and waited for Pinkie but saw she was in an ice cream freezer and began eating Popsicles, as is she was pretending they weren't in mortal peril. She shoved a chocolate popsicle in her mouth and slided out revealing only the small wooden stick. The whole ice cream itself was gone.

"Pinkie come on," Sunset waved her.

Pinkie nodded and carried a heap of Popsicles of different varieities in her arms before following the other two girls.

Rarity and Shy squeezed themselves into a cardboard doghouse when they heard Ralph who was hiding underneath the fruit display whimpering. The wolf was coming straight for him. The Wolf Boy brought himself to a lowered hunched position and began tracking his scent with its powerful nose, that no one could elude. It stalked closer towards Ralph with hungry eyes. Eager to get even more raw, red meat than what those other refrigerated meats could provide. It's jaw levered down salivating as the scent of Ralph grew closer and closer.

"Do something." Fluttershy whispered to Rarity.

Rarity wiggled out of the cardboard house, grabbed a rubber steak then threw the steak as far as she could.

Yes! The werewolf yelped happily and went racing after the rubber steak.

But it picked up someone's scent. Applejack had her back against the magazine aisle, unfortunately Rarity threw the steak a little too close to her and now the Wolf Boy had her scent.

The Wolf Boy came to a slow stop drawed its head up to test the air. The scent drifted into his nostrils.

She smelled heavily of. Apples.

Her flesh, mixed with the scent of apples. The werewolf then thought.

Apple flavored meat.

She then saw the creature run toward her, to which she fled down the aisle. As she was running, she looked back to see the werewolf was gaining on her. With a quick fake out, she was able to shake him off temporarily as it chased in the other direction it thought it saw AppleJack go in. She then ran into Aiden and Sunset near the frozen food section.

"Shoot…that thing’s a lot faster than Ah expected," she panted.

They then heard a loud howl coming from above them. They looked up to see the wolf leaped up on top of one of the food freezers ready to pounce.

The girls backed up as far as they could until they bumped into more food.

“You gotta be kidding me?!" Aiden groaned her eyes shifting back and forth debating which way to run.

As the wolf lunged at her, the girls splitted into two direction narrowly doding his claws. It then went after Aiden, growling angrily as it chased her on four legs. It picked up Ralph's scent the strongest on her. And the Wolf Boy sort of hated him the most for trapping him. Along with all the other monsters. Aiden kept running and noticed a table with display of vegetable oils stacked to form a pyramid. She then had an idea. Once next to the display she kicked the leg of the table knocking down the vegetable oil making him tumble and splash oil on the floor behind her as the wolf continued chasing her. It was too focused on Aiden and didn't spot the oil in time. The Wolf Boy the skidded across the aisle and crashed into the dairy section while Aiden bolted into the next aisle. The Wolf Boy quickly shook off the pain and recovered before chasing the female Shiverriba.

Aiden turned to the next corner and grabbed a bottle of hot sauce off the shelf. And quickly unscrewed the top open as the Wolf Boy scurried towards her. Once the Wolf Boy was close enough she flung the hot sauce out of the bottle into the Wolf Boy's face, landing in his eyes. The Wolf Boy bellowed in pain and tried wiping the hot sauce off his snout and face as his eyes stinged.

While the large predator was temporarily blinded, Aiden darted towards the end of the aisle. She then ran into Rainbow. Who noticed her heavy panting.

"You okay?" Rainbow asked.

"Yeah, come one let's keep-"

The girls turned around and were met with the angry Wolf Boy whose snout and face was wiped clean of hot sauce and was looking at them angrily both. It then lunged at them and snapped his jaw at them only for the two girls to run in different direction. It hunched back down and chased them on all fours. Just as the girls were about to reach the edge of aisle, the werewolf leapt over them and blocked their path. Each time they tried to find a way around it, the wolf would block them, cutting off all possible routes they could have taken to safety.

"Wait don't eat us!" Aiden pleaded backing away.

"You'll just get hungry in an hour." Rainbow added, just as frieghtened.

The werewolf then raised its claws to swipe both Rainbow and Aiden but was halted by a loud voice.

HOW DARE YOU! How dare you do that to someone?"

The werewolves ears flicked up and it turned to Fluttershy standing near the end of the aisle with angry scowl, her eyes slightly enlarged. She stomped her way towards the werewolf giving it an intimidating glare.

"You should be ashamed of yourself, hurting my friend like that. Just cause you can doesn't mean you should!" She scolded. The werewolf's ears folded against his head and he suddenly backed away slowly from the angry teenage girl. To Aiden's surprise, the creature seemed to wilt a bit at the scold. Fluttershy kept scolding it until she pointed at the ground with her finger. Where the wolfs lower portion fell to the ground, quickly followed by Aidens lower jaw. She never expected someone to tame a werewolf so easily. Fluttershy did it like she was talking to a misbehaving puppy. Stunned wasn't even close to what Aiden felt.

Fluttershy then smiled, walked up closer to the head of the wolf, and began petting it on the top of its head.

"Good boy, now go and don't let me see you cause anymore trouble."

She then pointed her finger behind the werewolf, indicating to go back where it came from. Nodding, the creature obeyed her gesture and ran away. But it let out angry growl as it made its way towards the exit.

Aiden jaw still hanged, she shook her head and looked at Fluttersgy in shock in disbelief, finally she recovered her speech,

"I've.....H-how?"

"Oh, don't worry. He maybe a monster, but he's an animal monster, also you just gotta show a little dominance to show who's boss." She explained.

"That's Fluttershy for you." Rainbow said, relived.

Ralph suddenly bursted into the aisle with a baseball bat, "Where's the danger!? Where's the werewolf!? Aiden are you alright?" He asked frantically.

Aiden finally recovered her demeanor and nodded, "Give me a moment and I'll be okay."

Sunset and the other soon reunited with the others.

"Oh thank heavens that beast is gone," Rarity sighed.

"Another minute and we might've been dog chow." Applejack nodded, happy to have all her limbs connected.

"Wait what happened?" Ralph asked.

Aiden shook her head, "Trust me, you don't wanna know."

"Alright," Sunset said, earning everyone's attention, "Now that the dangers gone let's go get to the school so Ralph can end this."

"Right, not another moment wasted." Ralph replied and headed towards the exit with the girls behind him.


Dead and the others monsters were currently on the road within the monster truck following where the Queen Bee had followed the Rainbooms and Shiverribas.

Dead was in the drivers seat while Mummy was in the passenger seat, the other five were cramped in the back arguing.

"Quit hogging the seat!" Frosty yelled at Jack.

"Your the one with the ass like a bear, you move!" Jack retorted sharply.

While the pumpkinman and snowman argued. Meltedman and WideGrin sighed in unison at their seemingly endless, constant bickering. The Sharkman was busy sticking his head out the window and his maw open like a dog, enjoying the rush of air hit its face.

Dead groaned, irritated about all the argueing those two kept having. He was beginning to regret releasing them. Why did Ralph had to give them the ability of speech? Why?!

"Relax," The Mad Mummy muttered, noticing Deads subtle annoyance, "Once we take the pen and destroy Ralph we can all go our separate ways."

Meltedman and WideGrin nodded and grunted in unison.

Suddenly the Monster Truck skidded to a halt. The monsters in the back jolted and smacked their heads against the back of Mad and Dead's seat accidentally, making them flinch.

"What is it now!" Dead exasperated looking at the steering wheel of the Monster Truck, "I swear if you need gas or something you can forget it! Until we take that pen back!"

The Monster Truck replied with a series of honking noises, it beeped loudly and turned itself in reverse.

"What?"

Dead and the others then looked up and incredulous at what they saw. It was a billboard for an add for a Bee's butt. Wait.

Huh?

They gazed at a tall billboard up and spotted Queen Bee squirming violently, with her wings buzzing wildly, still covered in honey, keeping her in place. They watched the bee continued to attempt to dislodge its head from the large gaping hole, but to no avail.

The others were still too bewildered to speak or say anything and continued gawking at the squirming queen, dumbfounded. Even the Monster Truck ceased all beeping and remained silent along with its occupants within. The only sound there was, was squirming and angry buzzing.

Dead then spoke.

"You got to bee kidding me."