• Published 15th Nov 2015
  • 2,576 Views, 850 Comments

To Mend A Broken Heart - Tiberia Silverfang



running from the past was tiberious`s only option until he meet the girl that would help mend his broken heart

  • ...
19
 850
 2,576

Ch.4 ....So They Can Save More

Previously on To Mend A Broken Heart….

“I think I know how to cheer up Fang!” Pinkie Exclaimed.

“So would that explain what I was feeling yesterday?” Indigo asked Lemon Zest.

“Are you out of your mind man!?” Mise yelled at Rapid in the hospital room.

“Sugarcoat would you like to go on a date with me?” Rapid asked Sugarcoat.

Now back to your regularly scheduled programing.


Rapid and Sugarcoat were at one of the tables near a bookcase both reading the Hunger Games together as Fang was looking through the manga section, picking up a copy of monster musume and beginning to read and to chuckle a bit at Miia`s actions. Unknown to them a hooded figure walked by Fang and climbed to the top of the shelf next to Sugarcoat and Rapid as the person then pulled out a stick with a little plant on the end, the plant was mistletoe. The person began to lower it above the two positioning it above the two slightly for them to notice, Fang then closed the book and put it back but soon noticed the hooded person above the shelf as he then walked over to the shelf. The person was snickering a bit to their self unknowing that Fang was standing next to the person as he then cleared his throat a bit making the person drop the stick as Fang pointed to the ground as the person then nodded and got down, Fang then jumped down hurting himself a bit but soon getting up as he then asked “Please remove the hood.” Fang asked in a low tone as the person complied and revealed it to be Adagio as Fang shook his head and said “Let me guess your with Rarity aren't you?” Fang asked as Adagio nodded again as he then shook his head again and grabbed her hood and said “Let’s go.” Fang said as Adagio tried to struggle a bit as Fang then placed her outside the door and said “Please do not screw with their date, alright?” Fang asked Adagio as she nodded and walked a bit away as Fang then stopped her and handed her a ten dollar bill and said “Go get yourself and your sisters some coffee.” Fang said to Adagio, she then nodded and left letting Fang close the door.

The high council was surprised by this as began to plan the next idea for the two`s date as Fang walked past them without even noticing as he got back to his seat grabbing another book. As Fang was reading his phone begins to vibrate as he then walks towards another area of the library to talk he tells Rapid and Sugarcoat “I will be right back, need to take this call.” Fang said to the two and left, out of the shadows comes another hooded figure and Artemis as he speaks “Why did you drag me into this Octavia?” Artemis asked as she spoke “Because Artemis we need to help those two on their date, now come on help me with this please?” Octavia asked as he sighed and agreed “Alright sis, I'll help you with this.” Artemis said as he began to tune his violin as Octavia got set up on her cello. Over on Fang`s side he was talking to the delivery service people “Yes it's the black one with the navy blue wolf paw… uh huh….. yes the one that is the same model as the one that the keyboard player from the birthday massacre used in the looking glass video…. oh really? Alright sweet, it will be here in a few days?.... Okay thank you have a nice day.” Fang then hung up his phone and spoke “Sweet i’m getting my keytar in a few days!” Fang said in a low tone but still excitedly as he placed his phone back in his pocket but soon began to hear classical music. Earlier on Rapid and Sugarcoat`s end, Octavia and Artemis began to play a romantic song, both Sugarcoat and Rapid soon became nervous because of the music until it stopped as Fang was holding the bow that Octavia had holding it above his head as he let out a sigh and said “Please leave.” Fang said to the two as he handed Octavia back her bow. Octavia and Artemis both nodded and quickly left as Fang looked at the two and just shrugged and went back to his table.

Rapid soon then got up and said “I will be right back Sugarcoat, I need to get some water.” Rapid had said as he then left the table, when Rapid reached the water fountain a hooded figure grabbed his shoulder and turned him around. Before Rapid could yell the person placed their hand over his mouth and shushed him and soon reached into their hood and pulled out a small tray of chocolate and strawberries, Rapid was confused by this as the person brought them back close to the area and pushed him back towards the table. Rapid then reached the table as Sugarcoat looked at him quizzically and asked “Uh Rapid, why do you have have that tray of strawberries and chocolate?” Sugarcoat asked Rapid as he shrugged and said “I don’t know a random person just came up and handed them to me and pushed me back here.” Rapid said as Sugarcoat was confused by this but soon shrugged it off as Fang was questioning this. Fang did not know where it came from but soon shrugged it off as well as the two got back to reading and eating the snack, Fang was reading two until he heard two voices as one spoke “Flames you’re standing on my foot.” The voice spoke as a second voice was heard “Sorry Ice, but Fang and Rapid`s authors are having trouble coming up with an idea for us to ‘help’ Rapid and Sugarcoat`s date.” The second voice spoke as Fang recognized the voices as Vinyl and Treble as he snuck up on the two as Vinyl spoke “I don't get you sometimes flames but that is one thing I like about you.” Vinyl said as Fang grabbed the two`s shoulders and spoke “Do we got a problem here?” Fang asked in a low but eerie tone.

A faint scream was heard across the library as Rapid and Sugarcoat looked up as she asked “What was that?” Sugarcoat asked as Rapid shrugged, when Fang then walked back dusting his hands off and said “Nothing to worry about guys…. you be surprised how well duct tape works.” Fang said as he remembered back to what happened a few minutes ago. A few minutes ago Fang was then done with his masterpiece as both Vinyl and Treble had their mouths shut with duct tape and were both duct taped to the wall as Treble looked like he was in a duct tape cocoon and was hanging upside down from the wall and ceiling. Fang smiled at the memory as the two looked at him with confused looks but let it slide as he then sat back down at the table but soon begins to doze off and rests his head on the table. As Fang then fell asleep a figure behind the bookshelf moved past him and spoke “Now is my chance.” The person said in a quiet voice as she walked past him and gotten close to Rapid and Sugarcoat, the two did not notice the person moving in as they were too busy reading as the person was behind them as she then spoke “Now kiss!” The person said behind the two as they turned as Sugarcoat asked “Say wh-” Sugarcoat was cut off as the person pushed hers and Rapid`s face together in a kiss as the two began to glow as bright as a christmas tree then Fang began to wake up. Fang slowly woke up as he saw what was going on and yelled “Rarity! What did you do?” Fang yelled at Rarity as she spoke “Just helping a bit on their date.” Rarity said innocently as Fang`s left eye began to twitch as he spoke “So you call this ‘trying to help’?” Fang asked as he gave the last one quotations.

Rarity then nodded and said “Pretty much.” Rarity said as both Sugarcoat and Rapid asked at the same time “Why?” The two asked Rarity as she then spoke “Just trying to get your relationship on the right start is all.” Rarity said, Fang then asked “So you think this is the right way to do that?” Fang asked Rarity as she spoke again “Well I just told you all the answer.” Rarity as Fang let out a sigh and shook his head as both Sugarcoat and Rapid got up as Rapid spoke “Uh you know what we are going to go.” Rapid said as Sugarcoat followed him as Fang spoke “See what happens Rarity, you can not create the perfect relationship or perfect date. You need them to create it on their own, just remember that.” Fang said as he walked towards the door and spoke again “As well you might want to get Treble and Vinyl, I would not be surprised if he grew butterfly wings.” Fang said chuckling a bit as he left the building. Fang saw that both Rapid and Sugarcoat were waiting for something as Fang walked up to the two and asked “You guys forget where you parked?” Fang asked the two as they shook their heads as Rapid said “Just waiting for my mom to pick us up.” Rapid said as Sugarcoat nodded as Fang thought for a minute as he snapped his fingers and spoke “I can take you two to your house Rapid, I just got my car out of the shop.” Fang said as the two thought for a minute and nodded as Rapid called his mom telling her that a friend was taking them home. After he got off the phone he walked with Fang to his car as he opened the door and brought the seat forward for the two to get in.

The two nodded and got in the back as Fang brought the seat back to it original place as he then got in and started the car, the three were driving down the street as Rapid said “Alright you need to take a right here…. you missed the turn Fang.” Rapid said as Fang was driving down the street as Fang said “I know, I wanted to make it up to you guys for the group ruining your guys date. So I decided, why not ice cream?” Fang said to the two as their faces light up and both said “Thanks!” Both said at the same time as Fang chuckled a bit as they then reached the ice cream parlor. The two walked up to the place as Fang spoke “Guys welcome to Strawberry Swirls ice cream parlor.” Fang said as he introduced the two to the store as he then opened the door for the two. The two walked in as Fang walked in with them as he called out “Oh Strawberry Swirl! I brought someone.” Fang called as a women with raspberry red skin, ruby red eyes, with long light pink hair with vanilla white highlights. She was wearing a normal skyblue t-shirt with a giant strawberry on the front, a dark blue shirt and green tennis shoes, she then smiled at the group and spoke “Well if it's not my favorite customer Tiberious, what can I get you today?” Strawberry asked as she looked over and saw Rapid and Sugarcoat and asked “A couple of your friends?” Strawberry asked as Fang nodded and said “I wanted to bring them here as a way to make up for their ruined date.” Fang said as Strawberry nodded and said “Well I think that is sweet of you Tiberious, what can I get you two?” Strawberry asked as Rapid spoke “Mint chocolate chip please.” Rapid said as Sugarcoat spoke next “French vanilla for me.” Sugarcoat had said as Fang spoke next “Butter Pecan for me.” Fang said as Strawberry nodded and said “So your usual?” Strawberry asked as she giggled a bit as Fang rolled his eyes, Strawberry started to make their orders.

Fang then looked at the two and said “Why don’t you guys go to one of the tables, I will get our orders when they are ready.” Fang said to the two as they nodded and walked to one of the booths as Fang then turned to Strawberry and said “Makes theirs a sundae, at least have something nice happen on their date, you know?” Fang asked Strawberry as she nodded and made the finishing touches on their orders. When the orders are ready she then handed them to Fang as he thanked her and brought them to the booth and said “Alright guys dig in.” Fang said as he set the sunday down for the two as they both began to blush as Fang spoke “She was running low on cones and made you guys a sundae.” Fang said lying through his teeth as he just wanted them to have a nice, normal date with no interruptions for the two. While the two were eating Rapid turned to Fang and spoke in a quiet tone “Fang, tomorrow…. I need to tell you why…. I did that….” Rapid said in a quiet sad tone as Fang nodded in agreement as the three enjoyed their desserts.

Time Skip: One Hour Later…

Fang drove up to Rapids house as he then got out and brought the chair forward letting the two out as they thanked him again for the ice cream as the two walked up to Rapid`s house as Sugarcoat said “I actually had a lot of fun today.” Sugarcoat said to Rapid as he nodded, Fang looked away for a minute to grab a cd from the visor as he then looked up to see the two kissing as he just chuckled and shook his head as the two then noticed him standing there they both blushed harder as Rapid asked “Uh you just saw that didn't you?” Rapid asked as Fang just chuckled and spoke “I could lie and say that I did not and leave it at that, but I could tell the truth and say that I am happy for you two.” Fang said as he then got into his car and started it, Rapid`s dad then came out and asked “You two did not do anything stupid now, did you?” Mythic asked the two as Fang then rolled down the passenger window and spoke “Those two? No, Me though I tied two of our friends up with duct tape at the library.” Fang said leaving the father dumbfounded as Fang then drove off.

Time Skip: The Next Day…

It was the next day at Crystal prep as Indigo was walking towards the school as she saw both Rapid and Sugarcoat with smiles on their faces and were holding hands as she spoke “Well you two look happy.” Indigo said as the two nodded as Rapid spoke “We had one crazy date yesterday but it was completely worth it if you ask me.” Rapid said as Sugarcoat nodded in agreement. Indigo gave the two a small smile as they continued their day and walked to their next class, however there was something on Rapids mind and that was ‘How can I tell everyone of my past?’ Rapid asked himself over and over again in his head as he knew he needed to tell Fang about it for they both shared something in common, they both tried to end their lives. This thought kept clouding his mind until Rapid got an idea since it would soon be lunch time as he then grabbed his cellphone and called Fang and asked “Hey Fang can you come to Crystal Prep? I need to talk to you man.” Rapid asked Fang as he nodded and said “Sure man, i'm on my way.” Fang said as he hung up and walked towards his car.

Fang was driving down the street towards Crystal Prep as he spotted Rapid in front of the school waiting for him as he soon got out of his car and asked “So what do you need to talk about man?” Fang asked Rapid as he took a deep breath and spoke “You remember yesterday when I told you I was going to tell you about my past?” Rapid asked as Fang nodded as Rapid then continued “Well I guess it all started when I was younger, I was always being bullied for being so quiet around others that a lot of people mocked me for not speaking up or speaking my mind much.” Rapid said as Fang sat on the curb and motioned him to sit down as well. Rapid sat next to Fang as he then pulled out a small pack of cigarettes, grabbed one then pulled out a zippo with a ying and yang engraved on it and light it, he then motioned Rapid to continue as he took a drag from his cigarette. Rapid nodded as he continued “With that I became more suclushinal and began to hide my emotions from others and kept them bottled up inside.” Rapid said as Fang let exhaled some smoke and spoke “So you were doing what I was doing.” Fang said as Rapid looked at him as he continued “I did and still do the same thing with my anger, it's not healthy man.” Fang said to Rapid as he nodded and continued “Its true man the two emotions I kept bottling was my anger and…. my depression. And when I let my emotions get a hold of me I began to lash out at friends, which lead to me losing my friends, then there was….. her.” Rapid said reluctantly as he spoke “Her name was Emily Moon but everyone called her Eris, everything happened because of her, she began to spread rumors about me that I was always plotting something or that I was a great fighter. That lead me into a lot of fights, but i'm not a great fighter man everything in my life happened because of her and which lead me to…..” Rapid tried to say as Fang spoke as he exhaled a bit more smoke “You tried to end your life?” Fang asked as Rapid nodded.

Fang took another drag from his cigarette and spoke “I've been down that same path man, tried putting a .45 right here.” Fang said as he pointed towards his temple as he then spoke again “But I could not, my parents stopped me from doing it even though it would have made a lot of people happy.” Fang said as he then got up from the curb and dropped the cigarette on the ground and snuffed it out with his shoe, he then turned to Rapid and said “Rapid I want you to remember something man, you got friends wherever you turn and they are always willing to talk and they will always listen to you man. We are all together like one big family, we all watch and look out for each other, so remember this, Si può essere trascinato fuori dal buio e nella luce da quelli più vicini al vostro cuore.” Fang said in a kind tone as it confused Rapid as he forgot something “I keep forgetting that I think no one in the group can speak italian, what I said was One can be dragged out of the darkness and into the light by the ones closest to your heart, but as well I go by a second motto ‘Save one's soul for they can save more’.” Fang said to Rapid as he nodded and stood up from the curb as Fang then said “Hey I got to get back to class man, I'll see you around alright man?” Fang asked as Rapid nodded, Fang then got in his car as Rapid stood there thinking of what Fang said, he then walked back in the school with a new demeanor on life.

Author's Note:

Hey everyone hoped you enjoyed this chapter, this one could not be created with out the help of Lunar Shadow. Anyway Hope you all enjoyed the next chapter will tackle a serious topic so keep an eye out for that, as well Lunar asked me to put in his character description so it will be in here, and I will see you all in the next chapter.

Rapid Shadow

Nationality:American

Hair: Very short Flame colored hair

Skin Color: Midnight Blue

Eye color: Magenta

Clothing:Crystal prep uniform with a Black Jacket with a Lightning bolt on it and usually wears blue jeans.

Additional info: Rapid’s kind of like a Fluttershy He’s Quiet, Shy Scared Easily, Quick to Forgive. He is a little more open to friends but not much still sometimes talks to quiet for friends to hear him. Often ignored by friends because when he speaks it’s hard to hear him he also worries a lot sometimes too much where he’s stressed out which will cause him to lash out at friends. He often looks Annoyed or bored or terrified/scared depending on what just happened his best friends are Lone Wolf, SparkJump Volt, Heavenly Quill,Pinkie, Treble, Swift, Applejack, and Fluttershy. Also he is cousin’s with Dash. His Mind also has a habit of going to worst case scenario.