• Published 15th Nov 2015
  • 2,578 Views, 850 Comments

To Mend A Broken Heart - Tiberia Silverfang



running from the past was tiberious`s only option until he meet the girl that would help mend his broken heart

  • ...
19
 850
 2,578

Ch.2 A Small Step Into The Past

It was lunchtime at CHS as Tiberious was sitting with the group eating his lunch as the events of the past few days played in his head, about just two days ago he had just entered the school, met the group and had started to make real friends again. Tiberious started to feel happy again, he actually felt happy from everything that had happen for the almost past three years. The group was talking about different things as Artemis was trying to open an orange as Tiberious then asked “You need some help Artemis?” Tiberious asked Artemis as he nodded then handed him the orange, Tiberious the reached behind his back and into his messenger bag to retrieve his knife, he then unbuckled the sheath and pulled the blade out as he then cut the orange into slices and handed them back to Artemis as he began to wipe his blade off with a napkin as a few memories of him and Junebug began to resurface as a few tears escaped his eyes as he quickly wiped them away with his sleeve and continued to wipe the blade clean as he then placed it back into the sheath in the bag. The group saw this as Soul said “It will be fine man, we're here for you.” Soul said as the group agreed, Tiberious nodded a bit as he then clipped the strap over the knife handle, he then got up with his tray and said “I'm… going to go study, i'll see you guys at Sugarcube corner, alright guys?” Tiberious asked the group as they nodded, soon enough Tiberious left and walked towards the library as Artemis said to the group “It's a slow process but he will recover, right guys?” Artemis asked the group as they nodded in agreement, Mise then spoke up “What he needs to do is find closure, it's one way to help him heal but as well it will help him move on.” Mise had said as the group was curious on what he meant as he then continued “The only way Tiberious can find closure and move on is to find another.” Mise said as the group was cautious on this one as Twilight got a text from one of her friends at Crystal prep as she spoke “Well that's Interesting.” Twilight said as she texted back as the group was interested as she said “It was one of my friends from Crystal prep, she said that Rapid and Sugarcoat got together, i'm happy for them.” Twilight said with a small smile.

Time Skip: After School.

The group were sitting in a few booths of Sugarcube corner as Tiberious was on his laptop looking something up as he then found his favorite show growing up that had drawn a few emotions from happiness to sadness since it was his and Junebug's favorite show growing up together, the show itself was called Freakazoid it was generally a sketch show like animaniacs but about a superhero. Tiberious just smiled a bit of the memories as the group saw it when Sonata asked “What's that?” Sonata asked as Tiberious said “It was mine and Junebug's favorite tv show growing up. It was about a crazy superhero that always did wacky things to stop the villains.” Tiberious said as he let out a sigh of happiness but soon quickly changed to one of sadness as a small tear escaped his eye that he quickly wiped away as he then reached into his bag to pull out an eyeglass case to then open it to reveal glasses. Tiberious quickly donned the glasses and began to watch the cartoon as the group was surprised as Soul asked “You wear glasses?” Soul asked as Tiberious was nervous as he said “Uh…. well…. sometimes.” Tiberious finally admitted as the group just smiled a bit as Tiberious let out a sigh and said “Well my eye doctor said it's best if I wear these, they really do help.” Tiberious said as he placed them back on his head. The group came in closer as he then pressed play as the cartoon began to play the intro, Everyone thought it was pretty catchy and thought it was pretty crazy for a kids cartoon as it then started with Freakazoid up close to the camera as he spoke “Terror, terror in the night, the wiping, howling unforgiving winds crash into the clouds and rain falls no matter where you turn, there is no escape, no escaping the true horror.” Freakazoid says dramatically as he pauses and says “A sudden silence.” Then begins to dramatically speak again “And then screaming thunder, lightning, floods, tornados, famine, pestilence, fire, earthquakes! AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!” Freakazoid said as he fell back to reveal a weather map as he said “Giving way to hazy afternoon sunshine, i'll be back with the five day forecast after this.” Freakazoid said as the group just bursted out laughing.

Tiberious just chuckled a bit as he stopped the video and closed his laptop a bit as he then got up and walked towards the counter for another coffee, Tiberious had multiple thoughts running through his head as he then reached the counter and said “Excuse me miss, I would like another hazelnut espresso please.” Tiberious said a bit shyly as the lady behind the counter nodded and went to make the drink leaving Tiberious with his thoughts but soon returning with his drink as he then pulls his wallet out and asks “How much do I owe you so far?” Tiberious asked as she spoke “So far around six dollars.” The lady said with a small smile as Tiberious nodded and handed her the money as he then grabbed his drink and began to walk back to the group until he bumped into someone spilling his drink on the person as he then yelled “My uniform, damn it I just got it dry cleaned!” The person said the voice sounded male as Tiberious looked up and saw the person he had bronze gray hair pressed and permed, emerald green eyes and was wearing wingtip shoes and a crystal prep uniform with a pin of two scrolls and a quill. Tiberious then backed up and said “Sorry man, did not mean to bump into you, are you okay?” Tiberious asked the person as he responded “No I am not okay you soiled my uniform with your drink and you, you are going to pay for my uniform to be cleaned and pressed and you are going to pay for my drink as well.” The guy said as Tiberious thought for a minute as he said “Yes it was my fault on the drink but you should've seen where you were going first, so in all irony I think this is more of your fault more then mine, as well i'm not paying for free drinks to anybody hell I don't even know who you are.” Tiberious retorted as the guy was about to speak as Trixie walked in and said “Ledger? What are you doing here, are you harassing one of our friends again?” Trixie asked as she looked and saw it was Tiberious as she said “Its fine Tiberious he is just a small time bully that thinks he is better then everyone.” Trixie said as she walked in Tiberious shook his head and said “I've dealt worse then you.” Tiberious said as Artemis then spoke “He's not worth your time” Artemis said as Ledger got fed up and began to leave.

He then turned back and said “Mark my words this will not be the last you see of me Tiberious!” Ledger yelled as he stormed off as Tiberious walked back to the booth as the lady from behind the counter and handed him a fresh coffee as he then thanked her, Trixie then joined the rest of the group. Trixie sat with the rest of the group as Tiberious took another sip of his coffee while Artemis and Trixie were talking a bit as she then nodded in agreement as the two turned to Tiberious and said “Um, Tiberious we know you do not like talking about your past but…. we feel it is best if you tell it piece by piece to help you.” Trixie said as the group became nervous, Tiberious was leveling his options and soon chose the later of the options “Alright, I will tell you a small piece but nothing more.” Tiberious had said as the group agreed as Tiberious sighed and held his right hand up to the right side of his face and pulled his cheek back a bit to reveal a metallic canine. The group was surprised as he spoke again “Back in middle school I used to be the pitcher on my baseball team in seventh grade, but that is when one of my pitches got hit wrong and got hit in the face with the ball and knocked my canine out of my head. The opposing team`s principal was scared of getting sued so she payed for the dental work and everything so know I got a new tooth and it looks pretty cool.” Tiberious said with a bit of a smile as the group nodded a bit as Tiberious sighed a bit and said “Though with a new tooth a lot of people thought I was even more of a freak, but I don't care I am who I am.” Tiberious said with a bit of confidence as the group agreed as Pinkie was thinking of something as she then gasped and spoke “Tiberious we need to give you a nickname.” Pinkie said as the group thought for a minute as they began to nod and agree to the idea as Sunset said “Alright Pinkie we can do that you have any ideas?” Sunset asked as Pinkie pondered the idea for a minute until she snapped her fingers and spoke “Fang!” Pinkie exclaimed happily as the group pondered it for a minute as Tiberious spoke “I like the sound of it, it fits me well.” Tiberious said as the group agreed as Pinkie asked “I'm glad you like the nickname Fangy!” Pinkie said happily as Fang was confused but brushed it off as he said “You're crazy at times Pinkie.” Fang said with a small smile as the group chuckled.

Meanwhile Ledger stormed off to the library thinking to himself ‘He thinks he is so smart with that little group he is part of, well let's just see how much of your past I can dig up on you.’ Ledger said in his head as he was then laughing like a madman as he entered the building.

The Next Day….

The group was standing in front of the statue chatting and cracking a few jokes as the bell was going to ring in about twenty minutes as Fang just joined them as he then sat down in front of the statue just relaxing a bit until Mise spoke “Ah what the hell are you doing here Ledger?” Mise asked as it grabbed everyone's attention to see Ledger standing in front of the group with a clean uniform as he spoke “Oh I just came by to say i'm sorry for yesterday but as well wanted to ask you a question, how much do you know of your friend Tiberious?” Ledger asked the group as they were curious but shrugged it off as Artemis spoke “We rather hear it from Fang, not you.” Artemis said as Ledger was confused “That is what you call him now? Well whatever there is more then he is letting you know.” Ledger said as Fang then got up and spoke “Just stop Ledger, walk away.” Fang said in a low tone as Ledger did not listen as he pressed on “I looked more into his records, he has many problems in the past with anger.” Ledger said as Fang walked forward a bit “Ledger be quiet.” Fang said as Ledger kept speaking “He has been in many fights putting three students in the hospital with broken bones.” Ledger continued as Fang got closer trying to stop him “He has uncontrolled anger and even a consular tried to even talk to him but all he does is bottle up his emotions.” Ledger had said as Fang spoke “Just stop.” Fang said as it fell on deaf ears “He lives on his own, he can't control his emotions, he is a sleeping giant, both of his parents are dead and he is most likely the reason his ex-girlfriend is dead.” Ledger spoke as Fang screamed “SHUT UP!” Fang yelled as he delivered a haymaker to Ledger`s jaw knocking him on the ground as he then tried to get up as Fang then grabbed him by his collar and threw him to the statue smacking his head against it as he then grabbed him by the back of his head and smashed his face into the statue and shoved his head into the concrete ground as Fang then placed the sole of his shoe on Ledgers elbow and began to pull up on his arm slowly as Ledger began to screech in pain as Fang was close to breaking his arm until Mise came up from behind and hit him over the head with a shillelagh as he fell forward as Mise then lowered the weapon.

Ledger soon crawled back as he said “See what did I tell you he is a sleeping giant that will harm all of us if you don't st-” Ledger said until Artemis ran up and punched him in the face as he spoke “Don't you ever say that about our friend, look at us we all have different pasts but we all help each other to get past them.” Artemis said as he motioned to the group as Applejack and Punk were picking Fang up as they had his arms around the back of their necks. Ledger looked at the group then back at Artemis as he spoke again “We don't care where we came from, or our pasts we help each other and that is what makes us better friends.” Artemis said as he walked with the group leaving Ledger on the ground pondering everything as he then got up and began to dust himself off as he began to speak in his head ‘I was right all along but… they don't care, I don't get it. Either way I will have to level them to an area so they can understand what they are really dealing with.’ Ledger said in his head as he stepped into his car and drove off.

Time Skip: After School…

The group was walking out of the school as Fang was stretching his limbs a bit as he lets out a small sigh as Twilight gasped a bit from a phone call “Guys we need to get to crystal prep, now!” Twilight exclaimed as the group turned to her as Rainbow Dash asked “Why? Whats going on?” Rainbow Asked as Twilight had a face filled with concern as she said “We need to get there now!” Twilight said as the group agreed as they ran to their cars and followed twilight`s car to Crystal Prep. Soon enough the group made it too the school, Fang had never seen this school before as it looked very beautiful as the sun danced across the crystal like textures of the school as four students ran out of the school. The first was a male that had raven white hair, yellow eyes and natural blue skin, he had on a normal crystal prep uniform but as well wearing a black stetson similar to Applejack's but different, Next to him was a female she had light amber eyes, light pistachio with pale green and light lime hair, and had pale amaranth skin, she had a pair of red headphones around her neck and was wearing a uniform as well. The third student was a male he had flame orange hair, ruby eyes and midnight blue skin, he was wearing the same uniform as the male as he was also holding the hand of a female student who had grayish orchard eyes, light opalish grey hair with arctic bluish streaks in it, with light phthalo bluish gray skin, she was wearing a uniform as well while holding the guy's hand tightly as Fang was a bit confused and wondered ‘Why the hell are they wearing uniforms? Is it a prep school?’ Fang asked in his mind as the four ran up “Twilight thank faust you came.” The girl exclaimed as Twilight kept them calm “Lone Wolf, Lemon Zest, Sugarcoat Rapid Shadow, calm down now tell us what is going on?” Twilight asked the four as they nodded and calmed down a bit as Rapid spoke “Its Eclipse…. he is on the attack again.” Rapid said as Twilight became fearful as Zero asked “Uh…. who is Eclipse?” Zero asked as the group nodded waiting for an answer as Lemon spoke “He is this guy in our class he has a very bad past that can and will attack on the drop of a hat and that is what is happening now!” Lemon exclaimed as the group nodded as Mise asked “So when did this all happen?” Mise asked as Wolf took a deep breath and spoke “It happened about thirty minutes ago with Ledger and Indigo.” Wolf said as he began to explain what happened.

Thirty Minutes Ago….

Ledger walked down the hall a bit as he looked both ways looking for someone as he turned and saw the person he was looking for, she had gamboge eyes, dark cornflower hair with moderate cerulean and moderate arctic blue streaks running through her hair, and light amberish grey skin. She had was a normal crystal prep uniform but as well lightning bolt earrings, light orange goggles on her head and was wearing dark blue lightning bolt boots. She was putting stuff away into her locker as the scent of cheap cologne wafted past her as she cringed in disgust as she turned and asked “What do you want Ledger?” The girl asked as he tried to place his hand on her cheek but swatted it away as he then spoke “Ah still playing hard to get Indigo?” Ledger asked as she turned away and said “No, now get out of my face i got practice to attend to.” Indigo said as she was walking away as Ledger walked in front of her and said “Now come on, we are both reasonable people here, now come on why not one dinner with me?” Ledger asked as she said no again as Ledger kept pushing his boundaries until a familiar voice spoke up “Ledger…. how many times have I told you not to flirt with Indigo?” The guy asked as they both became scared “Oh no….” Ledger said scared as he turned to see a male student behind him. The student in question had black spiked up hair with a blue streak running down the left side, emerald green eyes and had skin close to Sunset Shimmer's shade. He was wearing a crystal prep uniform and was wearing red tennis shoes as he then gave a bit of a growl as Ledger then said “Uh…. Eclipse h-how have you been?” Ledger asked nervously as Eclipse began to inch closer as Ledger knew his only option was to run, and so he did as Eclipse made chase after him. Indigo was scared because of Eclipse as she ran for her friend Lemon Zest to call Twilight and her friends for they did not want him to get arrested again.

Present….

The group was wide eyed at this as Mise began to walk forward and said “Come on guys we need to stop him before he does something he regrets.” Mise said as the group nodded as they ran into the school with the four students as the most of the school was in the courtyard area of the school. The group was inside the building as they began to explore it a bit more as Fang was at complete awe of the place as it had the sun dancing across the surfaces in a tango of colors, Trixie saw he was out of it and brought him back to reality as he then apologized as then Indigo ran up and she asked “Is this the group we were waiting for?” Indigo asked as Lemon nodded as she turned to them and asked “So you all know what to do?” Indigo asked the group as they nodded as Mise pulled out his shillelagh and began to move with them all but Fang as his heart began to thump a bit to a form of beat that Fang had not felt in a while but decided to keep it under wraps for now and would ask the group later as he had fallen behind and ran for the group as they heard loud crashes coming from the other side of the door as they all looked in and saw that the room was trashed as Mise got close to the door and said “Alright Artemis, Punk and Rivet I need you guys to help me with Eclipse.” Mise said as he then looked towards Fang and said “Fang I need you to stand guard at this door and make sure no one gets in here but us, got it?” Mise asked as Fang nodded and reached into his messenger bag and pulled his knife out. Mise, Artemis, Punk and Rivet entered the room as Fang walked towards the door and stood near it as the four went after Eclipse, outside the room Fang looked at Indigo but as she looked at him he averted his gaze as he started to become nervous and began to spin his blade a bit in his hand just to keep his mind off of things. There were a few crashes as Octavia, Aria, Applejack and Rainbow were extremely worried for their boyfriends as Fang tried to reassure them that they would be fine but a few more loud crashes made it even harder to do so, Fang then let out a sigh and place his forehead against the wall as Indigo walked up to him and asked “You going to be okay?” Indigo asked with concern as Fang nodded as he then placed the knife in his other hand and extended his right hand towards Indigo “My name is Tiberious but my friends call me Fang.” Fang said as Indigo nodded then grabbed his hand and shook it “I'm Indigo, captain of the sports teams here its very nice to meet you.” Indigo said as Fang nodded nervously as she asked “You play any sports?” Indigo asked as Fang nodded and said “I used to play baseball, which then earned me my nickname.” Fang said chuckling a bit as Indigo wondered as he then pulled his right cheek back a bit to show her the canine.

Indigo was shocked as she knew you would lose teeth in sports as she then said “Damn that is pretty crazy, but cool at the same time I got four of my teeth knocked out when I was playing hockey against Mainhattan and this girl side checked me into one of the walls the it knocked two teeth out, the other two I lost in a boxing match.” Indigo said with a smile as Fang nodded nervously he then asked “So you play any games?” Fang asked Indigo as she nodded and said “Well I play a bit of fighting games but as well puzzle games since Twilight showed me them and they got really addicting, she says it's a good way to expand my brain muscles.” Indigo said giggling a bit as Fang chuckled slightly when then Indigo asked “Hey isn't that Alice's vorpal blade from ‘Madness returns?” Indigo asked Fang as he nodded but tried to speak as he said “It… It was a gift, from someone that…. was close to my heart.” Fang said in a low tone as Indigo understood and patted his shoulder and said “I hear you, I lost my grandma about a year ago.” Indigo said in a sad tone, Fang understood her as he spoke “I'm sorry to hear that Indigo, I bet she was a great person.” Fang said as Indigo nodded and soon teared up as she then latched onto Fang with a hug. Fang was reluctant at first but wrapped his arms around her giving her a firm hug, soon enough Mise, Artemis, Punk and Rivet soon came out of the room with an unconscious and tied up Eclipse with an unconscious Ledger as they closed the door behind them as Mise spoke “We got the two, he will be out for hopefully a few hours.” Mise said as he turned to see Fang holding onto Indigo calming her down as he nodded a bit and turned to the group as he said “Well I think we should go guys, come on everyone.” Mise said as they agreed as Mise, Artemis, Rivet and Punk were rushed by Applejack and their girlfriends happy to see them okay. Fang soon let go of Indigo as he said “I'm sorry Indigo, I need to go.” Fang said as he was about to leave as Indigo stopped him as she then wrote down her number and handed it to him and said “Here, if you ever want to talk.” Indigo said in a bit of a nervous tone as Fang nodded and took the number walking out of the building with the group as Indigo`s heart was beating a beat that was like Fang`s earlier.

Author's Note:

Hey guys I hope you all enjoyed the second chapter, sorry for taking so long on this one been very busy lately. Also this story is going to be a more Romeo and Juliet type story, minus the suicide at the end, but anyway the story will be more of a split type story like a two sided coin or in this case two schools, the idea was given to me by Ragga_Muffin. Anyway hope you enjoyed it and I will see you all in the next chapter.