• Published 13th Nov 2015
  • 50,942 Views, 1,650 Comments

Changeling Courtship Rituals - Codex Ex Equus



Twilight accidentally marries Chrysalis.

  • ...
70
 1,650
 50,942

The Epilogue

Canterlot was an old city. Like any old city, no matter how splendid and beautiful it might be, it had certain areas that respectable ponies didn't venture into. This bar, The Black Alicorn, was smack in the middle of one of those areas. It was the kind of bar where at least one ambulance stopped by per night, where the owners had an abnormally high mug budget because the patrons tended to eat the glass after they'd finished drinking out of it, assuming they hadn't shattered it over the head of another patron by that point.

Despite that, the bar's current crop of patrons were nervous, casting constant glances back at the booth in the corner. It didn't matter how bad of a pony you thought you were, one thing you didn't want to mess with was a changeling Queen. Especially not one that seemed to be falling apart, equal parts giddy, furious and melancholy.

"And there you go," finished Chrysalis with a sigh. "There's the full, complete tale of my foolishness and naïveté."

She tipped her wineglass up, found it empty, and used her tongue to probe its bottom. When that also failed to produce wine, she reached for the bottle, only to have the pony sitting in the shadows on the other side of the table snatch it away with a cauliflower-blue magical aura. Chrysalis pouted, an expression that quickly melted into a real frown.

"I messed everything up," she moaned miserably. "Really, really badly. And I may have lost the love of my life because of it, the only pony who could ever make me happy."

She took a deep breath. "That's why I invited you here. This is important, the most important thing in the world to me. So important that I'm willing to ask for your help, even after everything you've done. I know a lot about love, but only how to use it, twist it to my needs, and consume it. What I don't know is how to create it... but you do."

A chuckle slid out of the darkness.

"Twilight Sparkle, you say?" mused the voice. "I'll admit, that is a tempting offer. I've had that little pony on my list for a long time indeed."

"So... will you do it?"

There was a long moment of silence, and Chrysalis began to droop down. But she perked back up when the answer came.

"Yes, I will." There was another chuckle. "This isn't quite what I'd planned, but... I think I can make it work."

"Oh, thank you, thank you!" Chrysalis leaned forward, reaching her hooves across the table, then hesitated.

"This is really important to me," she said, voice somber again. "I'm going to be relying on you for everything in this. I'm talking about the pony I love more than any other, the pony who consumes all my thoughts. Do you have any idea what that's like to be so close to losing someone you care about so much?"

"Oh, I think I understand. And don't worry..." Princess Mi Amore Cadenza leaned forward out of the shadows, firelight glinting off the teeth exposed by her wide, eager grin. "You can trust me. Your date is going to be perfect."

Comments ( 260 )

:pinkiecrazy: What a twist!

I love the smell of a sequel brewing~

:rainbowlaugh: She went to Cadence!

Oh-ho, yes. Oh, yes.

You have no idea how much I need the sequel to this. My hype levels are off the charts for that! :pinkiehappy:

hmm, cadance dealing in black market love, I'm loving it ^^

So i'm assuming/hoping that there is going to be a sequel? I panicked when i saw the title and that the story was marked as completed cause i have trouble finding good chrysalis fics xD

Hahahaha. After Cadance didn't crash the wedding and Chrysalis made her epic proclamation at the end of last chapter, I was hoping this would happen. The sequel will be glorious.

All aboard the Cryslight Express! Next stop, sequel station!

Epilogue? Story completed? I honestly thought there was a lot more left in this, and by that interesting conclusion, there just might be in the form of a sequel. I'm certainly hoping so anyways.

Princess Mi Amore Cadenza leaned forward out of the shadows

Wow, was not expecting that, especially considering:

only to have the pony sitting in the shadows on the other side of the table snatch it away with a cauliflower-blue magical aura

Is her magic really blue? This is news to me :applejackunsure: I thought it was somepony like Trixie.

She went to Cadence. cadence is going to have SO MUCH FUN screwing the Changeling Queen's pelvis to a cake stand to get back at her.

Damn it, colour me intrigued.

7072452 got my ticket right here (waves ticket)

Meanwhile, in Arad's Stardust:
"Dear Heartbutt:
BITCH YOU TERRIFYING
~Vahlen"

Won't lie: I laughed my ass of at the reveal of Princess Cadence. Beautiful epilogue, look forward to the sequel.

and Follow for the author so that I will catch the sequel the second it comes out.

I must have a sequel to this, and I look forward to seeing the Queen woo Twilight the pony way. and knowing this series, nothing will go as planned but will some how work out in the end.

most ironic thing is the author doesn't end to say a word about a sequel and the hype train is going full steam ahead and let us not forget.
cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/25462822.jpg

Dat pun. :rainbowlaugh:
Thanks for sharing this delightfully bizarre tale with us.

Also, I think you meant cornflower where you typed cauliflower.

Chrysalis! What have you DONE!

Hmm.... *Temples fingers* Continue....

I expect a sequel

I believe I speak for everyone when I say SEQUEL SEQUEL SEQUEL!

Princess Mi Amore Cadenza

Wait, whoa whoa whoa what the shit?

I have a feeling Cadance is gonna be torn between revenge on Chrysalis and actually making the date go well as;

a) It's Twilight's happiness on the line, not just Chrysalis.

b) Cadance is a sucker for that kinda thing.

"Oh, I think I understand. And don't worry..." Princess Mi Amore Cadenza leaned forward out of the shadows, firelight glinting off the teeth exposed by her wide, eager grin. "You can trust me. Your date is going to be perfect."

derpicdn.net/img/2013/10/3/440586/large.jpg

@Codex Ex Equus
There better be a sequel, godamnit. :rainbowlaugh:

my face when I saw the 'Completed' label" :applecry:
My face when I read that ending: :pinkiehappy:

Sequel please! :pinkiecrazy:

:pinkiegasp:

Nightmare Cadance?

:pinkiesad2: Can I have some more, Sir?

Am I the only one who's worried about this? I mean, this is like black market love she's getting into here, I'm kinda worried about what's gonna happen.

This is going to be good. :pinkiecrazy:

Please tell me there will be a sequal. :applecry:

I instantly knew who it was when you mentioned the color of the magic.

"You can trust me. Your date is going to be perfect."

Who else hears this and all similar sentences ever as This Day Aria?

freeze changeling scum, you're under cardiac arrest!

wait that doesn't make any sense


your sentence shall be one date with my sister in law, or you shall face 10 years in the dungeon of bad puns

no, not that one particular dungeon!


yes, that dungeon is the worst, BAR none


:ajbemused:


THIS IS WHAT i'M LIKE SOBER WITHOUT A SEQUEL!

Well it been and great story to read and well I hope their is a sequel if not I'll probably cry :fluttercry:

Upcoming sequel: Pony Courtship Rituals?

7072455 Yeah, same here. I thought it was Trixie. To find out it is Cadance, or at least someone using the name and what Ah can only assume ta be Cadance, then hell... things are gonna get interesting come time for a sequel or a bonus chapter.

Oh. My. God. That was perfect.

Now get back to your corner and make us a sequel! Lol. Just kidding. I gotta say, this fic thoroughly exceeded all my expectations. Ten outta ten.

Just imagine what kind of emotional crisis twilight will go through when she finds out that she was basically "forced" (if you will) into loving someone because of potent, mind altering magic.

The feeling of betrayal she would feel when she learns that the pony she views as the cool big sister was the one to do it and the fact that chryssalis didn't even try to court her in the standard pony way as we were to believe she would.

7072808 That isn't how Cadance's magic works. :facehoof::rainbowlaugh:

Holy Shit that ending.

Good work. I take it a sequel is in the works?

7072856

Don't laugh.

The first time we see cadance's "love magic" at work is on two arguing ponies who are clearly angry with each other.

Once they are affected by the magic, they have a strong enough reaction to go from furious to amorous within seconds.

Your turn, fine fellow.

PLOT TWIST: Cadence was behind EVERYTHING!!!!!

So one "want it, need is" spell from the one that likely made the spell.

7072856 True, it isn't. Cadance's magic clarifies feelings. Arguing over bullshit petty stuff? Cadance can help you remember how passionately you love each other.

And now cue the debates on whether Cadences' magic forces ponies to fall in love or just amplifies the feelings they already have for each other.

SEQUEL!!!:flutterrage:
For WE. NEED, MOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!

Also, Cadie is so shipping those two. Screw the traumas, this is true love we're talking about. :pinkiecrazy:

7072872 They were lovers having a quarrel over something dumb. Cadance's magic is basically, "Hey, you love each other, stop being dumb!" :rainbowlaugh:

Login or register to comment