• Published 5th Dec 2015
  • 1,643 Views, 16 Comments

In Need of a Break - Sweetheart_a_Light



Rarity and Applejack put their differences and hard work aside to go on a little vacation across Equestria, and realizing that they're not so different after all.

  • ...
3
 16
 1,643

Chapter 1: Decision

It was a nice, warm afternoon in Ponyville. The school bell rang and the fillies and colts came out to go to their respective homes to play and rest. Most of them went trotting their way alone, after all, there isn’t much danger in a rather small village like Ponyville, and so did Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo. Sometimes, their big sisters did walk them home, with the exception of Scootaloo, she would hop in her scooter and go to her home, but it was a rare sight since they're pretty busy ponies.



Apparently, today was one of those days.



Applejack and Rarity came walking down together to get their little sisters. They barely could do such a thing, with all the work they had to do. Applejack was always busy doing chores at the farm. Rarity kept getting herself into more and more orders, especially since she opened a boutique in Canterlot.



But there they were, trotting slowly as if they weren’t in a hurry to get home.



“Wow, sis!” Apple Bloom said in a surprised tone. “Ah never thought ah would see Rarity and ya comin’ 'round here to get us!”



“Especially on the same day!” squeaked Sweetie Belle.



“Did somethin' happen?”



Applejack let out a slight chuckle.



“Don't ya worry, sugarcube,” she said while messing up Apple Bloom's mane and giving a wink. “Rarity and ah were just lucky ta be done with our chores before ya got out of school.”



Sweetie gave out a huge smile and turned to her sister.



“Ooh, ooh! Does that mean that Apple Bloom and I can play together at the–”



“Sorry, darling,” Rarity interrupted, “but I'm afraid that while it was nice to finish those orders, I still need to clean the boutique. And I do believe that Applejack also has her own work to do at the barn.



“Yup!” confirmed AJ. “And ah,m pretty sure that you two have homework ta do, right?”



The two fillies sighed.



“Yes..."



“Yeah...”



“Them let’s be movin,’” Applejack said.



The two fillies sighed again, thinking of the great opportunity they just lost to have some fun together. Even if they tried to convince their sisters of letting them do at least their homework together, they would deny it, saying that they had a job to do or something like that.



The fillies looked at each other, as if they thought of the same thing. Then, they had a idea. They nodded at each other and started to talk to their sisters.



“So...” started Sweetie Belle. “Uh, well... You... C-Can I say what Apple Bloom and I thought?”



“SWEETIE BELLE!” Apple Bloom shouted.



“S-Sorry Apple Bloom, I just couldn’t think of what to say!”



“What is it, Sweetie?" Rarity asked, in a rather curious tone.



“Oh, well, you see..." Sweetie spoke as if she was trying to recite a tongue twister.



“We think that the both of ya should take a break from work,” Apple Bloom finished. “There, ah said it!”



Rarity and Applejack looked at the fillies, perplexed by what they said. After a while, they looked at each other.



“Well, ah’ll be!” Applejack said with enthusiasm. “It would be really nice ta take a lil' day off! Cleanin' the barn isn’t really fun, ya know.”



“Truth be told, darling, a day off sounds divine,” said Rarity, interrupting Applejack's fantasies “But we simply can’t run away from all of our problems like that. After all, if it was that simple, I would have taken the day off many times.”



“Aw, come on Rarity," Sweetie whined. "A little time away from your job won’t hurt you. Besides, when was the last time you took a day off? You've been pretty busy since you opened that boutique in Canterlot.



Rarity raised her hoof to the chin to think. "Well, I suppose you're right, but–”



“That goes ta ya too, sis," Apple Bloom interrupted, “Ya have been really busy on the farm doin' all the chores."



“Of course!" Applejack insisted. "If ah don't do it, who will?"



“Big Mac and ah! DUH!"



Applejack stopped to think about this for two minutes.



“Well, ya got me there.”



Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle smiled at their sisters.



“Then it's settled!" Sweetie cheered in a 'diplomatic' tone



“Ya two are going ta take a day off," Apple Bloom continued in her best imitation of Sweetie's voice tonality. "And yer gonna have fun!"



Rarity couldn't resist smiling at her sister. She really cared about her well being! All of that job-related stress was giving her a terrible migraine. She was ready to go pack her things and go, but realized something.



“Uh, Sweetie Belle, dear...” Rarity started, completely worried. "Are you sure you can take care of the boutique on your own?”



“Sure!" Sweetie said, completely proud. "I won't touch your dresses or anything. And I can always call Fluttershy to help me with Opal.”



Applejack glared at her sister.



“And what 'bout ya, Apple Bloom?"



“Just like ah said before!" Apple Bloom said. “Big Mac can help me!"



Applejack and Rarity looked at each other with a rather concerned look.



“Well, it appears that we're going to take a little road trip." Rarity said playfully, but totally forced. “What do you say?”



“It's pretty...” Applejack tried to find words to say. “Nice! Yeah, nice...”



“Then what are you waitin, for? LET'S GO!" Apple Bloom shouted.



“YEAH!” Sweetie Belle literally screamed.



They took it off as quick as a rocket to their respective homes, with AJ and Rarity being dragged by their sisters.

Author's Note:

I've been wanting to do a sequel for my previous work, so here it is! :pinkiehappy:
It doesn't focus on FlutterPie this time, rather it's on RariJack, but I consider it a sequel because it happens after the events of the first story. :twilightblush:

And no, I'm not including Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle in the caracther tag because they only appear in this chapter. They won't appear anymore and they're not the focus of the story.