• Published 12th Nov 2015
  • 10,076 Views, 288 Comments

My Little Overwatch - HAZESHIFT



Twilight has had many thought about the portal to the alternate Equestria. She wonders if it can lead to other worlds. Well hopefully the aftermath of an experiment along with several visitors will give her an answer she likes.

  • ...
24
 288
 10,076

Chapter 5: A Little Birdy Told Me

Chapter 5: A Little Birdy Told Me

“Alright, so let me see if I got things straight,” Junkrat asked the now pacified Chrysalis as he lounged on the unconscious bodies of her changelings that were stacked to resemble a chair. The fight had not gone well for chrysalis and her changelings. The cornered ponies displayed abilities Chrysalis had never seen before and in no time at all she was at their mercy. Most of her changelings lay strewn about the clearing either hurt, unconscious, or both. The only thing she was surprised was that these ponies simply did not kill her and her children. “So you’re telling us that we're these creatures called ponies. And that this place called Equestria sn a land filled to the brim with a bunch of different kind of critter. And you and your kind is another kind of critter called changelings who feed off emotions and your enemies of the ponies for something you pulled a while back that didn’t go according to plan?” Junkrat asked as he scratched behind one of his ears.

“That’s...accurate,” Chrysalis replied growling slightly, not wanting to answer another of the scrawny one’s questions but deciding to once her gaze met with one of the masked ponies. “Is that all you want to know?” She sighed doing her best to not show the pain she was in, she had to be strong for her hive.

“Actually just one more. In your time hiding skulking, sneaking, hiding, and spying, did you ever come across something like a portal to different worlds?” Junkrat said and Chrysalis felt the deliberate presence of her captor focused on her, their stares felt like they gave of actual pressure.

Luckily for her the pressure was lifted when the attention shifted as a bush rumbled in the clearing, the ponies turned their weapons toward the bush as a lone changeling launched out the top and promptly landed straight on it’s face. As the changeling shakily got to his feet it looked around in a hurry noting the scary looking ponies and the rest of its hive mates in various forms of disarray. It started to show a change of emotion but then it met gazes with chrysalis and any change immediately went away.

Junkrat watched with curiosity as the changeling quickly moved to its queen not even noticing him or the rest of his group, it walked right up to Roadhog and simply slipped around the larger pony with somewhat disturbing ease. Meanwhile he also looked at the queen whose look was somewhere between astonishment and deadpanned. The changeling reached her and reared up putting two of it’s hooves on her trying to reach to touch its horn the Chrysalis’. When Chrysalis realized what the changeling was doing she obliged, wrapping a hoof around the changeling before lowering her head touching her horn to the changeling’s. Junkrat watched closely as as green glow formed between the two horns. He watched as Chrysalis’ eyes seem to glaze over and the smaller changeling shut its eyes. Looking to the other members of his group who all had their eyes on the queen, they all watched in silence for a minute before the glow died down and the changeling backed off, it opened it’s eyes briefly before yawning. Chrysalis gently laid the changeling down gently and watched it curl up before falling asleep.

“OK I think we’re gonna need an explanation for that,” Junkrat said before he noticed something, Chrysalis was smiling. It took only a second before he noticed the she was laughing as well, it was low and somewhat hard to hear at first but it grew enough to where everyone else heard it.

“So that explains it. You all came through the portal in the purple one’s castle-” she said getting each of their attention, “-and also not alone? How intriguing?” her words struck deep as she finally looked at them looking at her. She rose trying to make herself looks as regal as possible. Reaper moved to raise his weapons but Widowmaker stopped him before Chrysalis began to speak again.” So it seems I may have totally misjudged you, you may look like ponies but you’re actually something completely different. But putting all that aside I believe it’s in both our best interests to work together,” she said chuckling, a s spark of magic went off from her horn and several changelings began to rise to their hooves.

Everyone looked to Junkrat, the de facto leader to find him smiling as well. Whether it was out of madness or actual happiness was anyone's guess. “All right then Queenie, if you wanna work with us then how about starting with the stuff that you know that we don’t?”

____________________________________________________________________________

“Hey, Fluttershy,” Rainbow Dash said as she approached the mare who was still carrying on some kind of conversation with the bird she had seen Bastion hand to her. It had only been a short while since the new visitors had defeated all the rock monsters and PInkie was already on the verge of throwing a town wide welcoming thank you hero party, which to her description was three separate parties wrapped into one. After the final rock monster was taken care of ponies began to filter back into the town square looking at and up to the new beings who had saved their town.

“Oh hi Rainbow Dash. Is something wrong?” Fluttershy said as she turned her attention from the bird perched on her hoof.

“Not really...you’ve been talking to that bird since the big robot handed it to you right? The tank one not the one with the hammer,” Rainbow said trying to clarify.

“Oh yes I have. His name is Ganymede, and he sure is a sweetie,” Fluttershy held out the bird for Rainbow Dash to get a better look at him, and in response to the compliment his feathers fluffed up slightly. “He’s been telling me a lot about our new friends...oh and that reminds me, Mister Bastion is the only robot,”

“Huh, what do you mean?” Fluttershy’s words grabbed Rainbow’s attention away from Ganymede who she could swear was doing his best as cute as possible.

“Mister Reinhardt isn’t a robot, he’s just in a very large suit of armor. And form what Ganymede has told me Mister Genji is what’s known as a cyborg, so he is technically only half robot?” Fluttershy said looking questioningly at Ganymede for confirmation for her last statement to which he nodded affirmatively.

Rainbow started to ask a question but was quickly interrupted. “But how did he become half Cyborg?” said one young voice

“And is that why he’s all metal and shiny on the outside..and if so does that means he’s squishy on the inside?” said another just after the first.

“Also if he’s half cyborg then what’s his other half?” Came a third voice once again in quick succession. Ganymede looked down from his perch to see the three fillies he had seen before. He remembered their terrifying screaming as they were running, then flying, then falling, and then being caught by Tracer and put safely on the ground. Ganymede wasn’t totally sure but his animal instinct told him that there was definitely something different about these three small fillies and that it would probably be best to keep them at a wings length.

“Where did you three come from?” Rainbow Dash asked the three fillies who attention quickly shifted from their questions to Ganymede.

“Oh we were just playing on Bastion,” Sweetie Belle said dismissively as she reached up a softly petted Ganymede, an action which the bird show no dislike as it leaned into the soft hoof

“Uh isn’t that a little dangerous, you kids did see what he could do right?” Rainbow Dash asked again.

“Well it’s not like we’re the only ones doin it,” Applebloom said pointing over in the direction they had come from. Rainbow Dash looked to find Bastion being swarmed all over by what looked like every foal in ponyville. The large robot didn’t seemed to mind as it let out what seemed like happy “beeps” and “boops” as parts of him whirred, vibrated and spun much to the enjoyment of the foals.

“Well that’s….uh...well...ok I guess,” Rainbow Dash just stared not sure what to think about the situation.

“Yeah it's really awesome when he spins the things on his back and you hang on! It goes really fast!” Scootaloo pumped her fist in the air remembering how fast she went and how dizzy it made her afterwards. Rainbow Dash looked at the three fillies and then back to Fluttershy who just chuckled and shrugged, foals will be foals after all.

____________________________________________________________________________

While all the foals were busy being entertained by Bastion most of the adults had gathered near the princesses, each intent on asking their question whether or not any of the princesses could hear it over everyone else asking their own questions!

“QQQQUUUIIIIIEEETT!” Reinhardt roared and slammed his hammer against the ground, the loud bang it made silencing the crowd.

“Umm...Thank you Reinhardt,” Twilight said after a few seconds of silence. “So in an orderly fashion...does anypony have a questio-”

“Where did they come from?” A unicorn in the crowd shouted and immediately Twilight noticed who asked and groaned in exasperation.

“Lyra…” Twilight sighed “If you’re asking like that i think that you’ve already figured-”

“Answer the question!” Lyra shouted once again interrupting Twilight, Reinhardt looked at the mare and then to Twilight who just waved him off as she put a hoof on the bridge of her muzzle. She really should have seen this coming.

“Earlier today with the supervision of Princess Celestia and Princess Luna, I began an experiment on the mirror portal, the resulting experiment opened a somewhat volatile portal which resulted in-”

“So you’re saying that they are…” Lyra interrupted and Twilight sighed, she knew where Lyra was leading her and Twilight wished she had seen this coming quicker.

“While they are not from the same world i once went to, our new visitors are or to be more specific were before coming here once...human,” Twilight said with bated breathe and saw something unexpected happened. Instead of Lyra jumping up and down with joy she just stood silently beaming in her apparent correctness and everyone else physically drooped and collectively sighed. “Uh...what?” Twilight asked as one by one ponies began approaching Lyra, who had materialized a small sack out of somewhere, slowly ponies walked up to Lyra and each dropped a small amount of bits into the sack.

“Is this normal?” Reinhardt asked turning to the Princess each of whom had the same eyebrow raised. They shook their heads and Reinhardt went back to watching whatever was going on in front of him.

“You took BETS!” Twilight shouted as she teleported over to Lyra was was busy holding the slowly bulging sack up with her magic.

“Nope!” Lyra said with a smile. “Just one long term bet with everypony in town. “ Lyra kept smiling and Twilight just looked at her in frustration as the line slowly moved. It took all of Twilight’s mental strength to not burst into flames, she stood there huffing and puffing before she gave up and walked back over to the other princesses. She was happy to see that Winston, Genji, and Sunset Shimmer had finally found a way to tear themselves from the large partying crowd.

“Wow the ponies in this town sure are quick to celebrate,” Sunset said watching the festivities.

“More like they’re too exposed to large scale dangers,” Twilight muttered with her head held low. Sunset noticed her friend’s disposition and looked up to Winston who was also watching the Alicorn, he shrugged and from there Sunset decided it was best to bring up a new topic.

“So...about the portal…?” Sunset broached the topic about her and the new visitors way home.

“Ah yes the portal, Right we should get on that,” Twilight ‘s mind switched tracks and she perked up immediately. She moved forward and began to scan the crowd, looking for her friends, her brother, and her sister-in-law.

“Who ya looking for?”Tracer said as she came in like a blur stopping right next to Twilight, the action causing Twilight to jump in shock. But when she got finally over it she gave Tracer a look the made the self temporal warping pegasus take a slight step back. “Can I help you?” Tracer said slowly with concern.

“Tracer do you think you can get some ponies for me?” Twilight asked and watch the quick change of emotions on Tracers face.

“Ha! Can I!” She said before turning to the crowd. “Can I?” she questioned before turning to Winston. “Can I?” she asked Winston who shrugged. “Well either way I’ll give it my best shot,” She said before once again she was gone leaving behind a trail of blue here and there.

“I can’t help but notice that you didn’t tell her who you needed,” Genji said watching his teammate weaving in and out of the crowd and time.

“That I did not...I hope that-” Twilight responded and then started to say before Tracer popped back into existence next to her along with Shining Armor and Cadence.

“TADAH!” Tracer announced with a flourish as Cadence and shining Armor looked around in surprise before focusing on Twilight. “Please be careful when moving as contents may have been disturbed during the trip,” Tracer said giggling before Winston bopped her upside her head.

“Hey Twily….did you ever finish that cloning spell? Shining ask as his head slowly bobbed up and down.

“Uh...no?” she responded.

“Then why are there two of you?” Shining asked before Cadence, who had managed to snaps back to her proper senses moments before, cuffed him upside the head. Afterwards he shook his head roughly before looking at his sister again. “Ah there we go, back to one,” he beamed doing his best not to take notice of all the giggling that was being directed at him. “So what’s up?”

“We need to start work on fixing the crystal mirror, and for that we need-”

“Crystals from the Crystal Empire!” Cadence cut in, immediately getting what her sister-in-law was planning.

Meanwhile a few feet from them Winston, Genji, Tracer and Reinhardt watched not exactly getting what was going on and being said. It wasn’t until Reinhardt heard something about a trip that he perked up and stepped forward. “If you need someone to retrieve something may I offer my assistance? It would be my honor” he asked kneeling slightly. While it was true that even in his world’s modern age he considered himself the last knight, he had now entered a world where being a knight could still be a reachable dream.

“Well I don’t see why that’s a bad idea,” Celestia spoke up after watching the scene play out for awhile with her sister.

“I think I should go as well,” Sunset Shimmer also stepped forward. “Twilight needs to be here to check over the mirror and keep track of our new guests. And I’m the only other pony who knows as much about the mirror so i’m the best choice to figure out what crystal we need to be able to repair it,” Everyone around nodded in agreement with what she said and Celestia also agreed although on the inside she wished to spend some more time with Sunset, but she knew that this had to be done. Once all the plans were in order the group began to head towards the train station, some of them wondering if the train would be able to hold up with the weight of Reinhardt’s armor.

______________________________________________________________________

Spike ducked back into the castle, he told the Crusaders and other foals that he bring something out of the semi blown up lab. As he walked around he sighed knowing that Twilight would sooner or later ask him to help clean this up even though she could probably do it quicker with her magic. After a short walk he came across a piece of one of Twilight’s machines that had broken off when the portal had exploded. He picked it up and dusted it off thinking it was good enough proof for them. Then something caught his eye, something that was glowing. After moving some debris around he came across on of the recording crystals Twilight had set up. He smiled knowing he had found better proof and activated it wanting to know what it captured. As he did the crystals glow subsided and a beam of light shot out from the crystal and landed on the wall forming a screen.Spike watched the events he had been there to witness once again. He watched as the energy around the portal started to explode and then something weird happened. The footage slowed down showing everything going by slow as the explosion expanded. He thought it was awesome until he noticed something. Five golden orbs flew out from the portal, he figured those were Tracer, Genji, Winston, Reinhardt, and BAstion. But then he noticed five dark orbs. Spike's eyes went wide as he watched the orbs fly around colliding with the light orbs before all of them somehow were casted out of the castle in the same direction. Spike looked up to the wall where he noticed the hole from the video. As the video shut off spike held the crystal in his claws..

“Well that’s probably not good…” he said to himself as he rhythmically tapped his claws against the crystal. “TWILIGHT!” He yelled as he took off running towards the center of town with the crystal in tow.

Author's Note:

sorry this took me awhile... the new WoW expansion came out...and it's pretty good...but i feel like i wanna play some overwatch now so....

btw I'm looking for editors if anyone is interested

NEXT UP: INTERESTING THINGS ARE AFOOT...HOOF! AND OUR PARTIES MAY FINALLY MEET!!!