• Published 12th Nov 2015
  • 10,102 Views, 288 Comments

My Little Overwatch - HAZESHIFT



Twilight has had many thought about the portal to the alternate Equestria. She wonders if it can lead to other worlds. Well hopefully the aftermath of an experiment along with several visitors will give her an answer she likes.

  • ...
24
 288
 10,102

Chapter 4: I Gotta Rock...

Chapter 4: I Gotta Rock...

“Well chalk this one up to the new things we get to punch WOAH!” Rainbow Dash said as she ducked a large rock that sailed through the air. It crashed behind her and her friends, leaving a trail of destruction in it’s wake. Ponies ran past them and past the other princesses as they got out of the way of the danger.

“Hmmm… rock monsters. It’s been awhile since we saw something like them,” Luna remarked as she looked at the group or cobbled together creatures. Weird formations of rocks moved together in tall formations of bodies, a few standing as tall as princess Celestia were dwarfed by other that made several of the nearby houses that they were trying to attack seem small.

“They don’t seem very coordinated do they?” Rarity ask as everyone watched them shamble around slowly while groaning, bumping into each other and occasionally taking a swing at something. From what they all could see the only thing that had been destroyed was a cart full of cabbage, it owner was a good distance away from it now but had broken down into tears over the destruction.

“So uh what’s the plan here Twi?” Applejack asked as she watched two of the smaller rock creatures bump into each other and fall apart only to reassemble themselves.

“Pfft. Plan-schman. Have you seen these guys? There as dumb as...as...a bunch of….well a bunch of them! I say we just knock them over and then clean up with ease. Watch i’ll start!” Rainbow Dash declared confidently and zoomed off before anyone could say otherwise.
She flew over to one of the taller rock monsters and aimed a buck at a small rock that looked like it was a knew or something. The kick knocked the rock out of alignment with the rest and the rock creature slowly came tumbling down creating a pile of rocks. Rainbow waited for the cheers to begin but soon noticed that none were coming and also the the groaning of the other rock monsters had stopped. Looking around she noticed that slowly all the rock monsters were beginning to face her. It was weird seeing as most of these things had a rock which denoted a head but no exact facial features which made the missing groaning all the weirder. “Uh…” Rainbow never got to think of anything to say as a noise form below disturbed her train of thought. The pile of the rock monster she just kicked was moving. Each rock seeming to climb over and on top of one another as it began to reassemble itself. The head rocked climbed back into place and like the others began to stare at Rainbow Dash before all of them let out a collective roar

“Well that can’t possibly be good,” Twilight said as she used her magic to pull Rainbow Dash back. They watched as the rock monsters now seemed to become more organized and enraged. The started smashing and hitting things on purpose. “Ok, thanks to Rainbow’s brilliant plan we now need a new plan before these things decide to actually destroy Ponyville,” Twilight said as Rainbow gave a sheepish smile. “Now it seems like just dismembering them won’t work so it looks like we’re going to have to-

“HELP!!!” a trio of high pitched cries grabbed all the attention from Twilight. Everyone immediately looked towards the town square where the Cutie Mark Crusaders were hoof deep in trouble. They scampered beneath all the rock monsters trying their hardest to not get squished.

“Girls!” Applejack, Rainbow Dash, and Rarity all cried in unison and looked to Twilight for a plan. But before Twilight could speak something else happened to interrupt them.

“UUUURRRAAAAGGGHHH!” A large shape leaped over them landing closer to the crusaders than anyone else was at the moment, the shape unmistakable to anyone who had been in Twilight’s castle just minutes earlier

“Winston?”

____________________________________________________________________________

The Crusaders were having a fun day till the rock monsters showed up. But they only dampened their mood a little bit. Sure the couldn’t get Cutie Marks in rock monster corralling since they were way to small but the rock monsters weren’t doing anything too bad since they seemed to be just roaming around like they were tired or had just woken up from a long nap. The girls thought it was funny how they were acting and were watching with curiosity until Rainbow Dash showed up and kicked one.

“I don’t think that was a good idea,” Sweetie Bell said,

“Nonsense! Rainbow Dash always...knows what... she’s... doing?” Scootaloo started in support of her idol but lost a bit of confidence when the attitude of the rock monster's attitude started to change and everything went quiet.

“Sorry Scoots, but I’m gonna have to agree with Sweetie Belle,” Apple Bloom said just before the rock monsters let out a simultaneous roar.

“Run?”

“Run,” “Run,”

All three of them ran together trying to get out of the town square but just as they were about to get out a large arm swung down blocking their path. All three of them screamed and headed in the other direction but were quickly blocked off by one of the rock monsters. The three of them huddled together and hoped that their sister would save them quickly as a rock monster lifted an arm above them.

“UUUURRRAAAAGGGHHH!” a strange scream came from somewhere and the girls looked up when a new shadow fell over them. A weird shape came towards them as the rock monster began to bring its arm down on them. They braced for impact but were confused when they heard a weird thud from above them. THey opened their eyes to find themselves in a weird blue dome and beside them stood a giant gorilla, the only reason they knew it was a gorilla in the first place was thank to Miss Cheerilee’s excellent education.

Winston looked down at the three fillie watching as their jaws slowly dropped as they looked him over, it had been awhile since he had seen a child of any kind do that, but it was still fun to see when it happened. “Are you three ok?” he asked and trying to best as the slowly nodded in unison. “That good, now how about we get you three out of here?” he said as he scooped them up into one of his hands. “Tracer! Airmail!” Winston shouted and the Crusaders didn’t have time to react before he flung them up into the air. Truth be told it wasn’t the first time the Crusaders had seen Ponyville from this height but in this kind of situation they didn’t know whether to be scared or thrilled. From their height they saw most of the town as well as an orange blur that was seemingly sporadically teleporting towards them.

“Ah there you are,” the blur called out and in the blink of six eyes the blur jumped forward faster than anything they had seen; besides Rainbow Dash; and caught them. “HAHA first try!” Tracer said as she held the three fillies as tight as she could and circled back down to the ground. For the Crusaders the flight was pleasant enough and this mysterious pegasus was cool, but there was a limit to how much excitement a pony could take in one day. Unless of course that one pony was Pinkie Pie. As soon as Tracer touched down each crusader zipped over to their respective big sister and hugged them. “Awww, now that is just plain adorable. I wish I had a camera,” Tracer said as she looked at the little fillies holding onto their respective sister’s forelegs.

“Uh, Tracer?” Twilight said breaking Tracer’s concentration.

“Hmm? Oh yeah, right. Don’t worry about this, we got this one, think of it as repaying you for the damage in the library. Just because Overwatch doesn’t exist here doesn’t mean we don't have to help. Oh hey look a giant rock,” Tracer had said her piece while turning and came to find a decent size rock coming flying at them.

“Don’t worry I got this one,” Before Twilight could do anything Reinhardt stepped up from behind everyone. He reared up on two legs and managed to steady himself as he used his other two legs to bring back his hammer. When the rock had come close enough Reinhardt swung his hammer with a loud battle cry. The sound of the hammer connecting with the rock was akin to an explosion and caused many to blink and miss the rock sail back from the direction it came from and crashed into one of the larger rock monsters which resulted in an explosion of rocks. “HAHAHA! Now that was fun, I should do something like that when I have free time. Everyone looked up to the armor that shook with laughter watching what he had caused, their jaws agape just slightly.

“Maybe so, but for now we should focus on stopping these creatures,” Genji was the next to come out of the castle, and while his face was hidden the other ponies could hear just a bit of mirth in his voice from watching Reinhardt's antics. I can incapacitate the small ones, Tracer should make sure that none of them leaves this area. You and Winston can take down the bigger ones,” Genji said while smaller rocks came flying towards the group. Without looking Genji removed the smaller of his swords from the scabbard on his back and blocked each of them with precision and sent them flying back from where they came. “And we can have Bastion do clean up," as quick as he had pulled the blade out he sheathed it back in and calmly walked toward where Winston was currently zapping rock monsters with his Tesla gun.

“Um well yes, that sounds like an excellent plan. Bastion stay here and shoot from a distance,” Reinhardt called out to Bastion who was the last to arrive, before two plates on his back separated and he activated his small jet and charged across the square till he collided with another one of the taller rock monsters which cried out in alarm as it fell from the force of the collision.

“Boys...always like to act cool don’t they,” Tracer said nudging Twilight. She looked to her gear and then flick her wrist and grinned when she managed to catch her gun despite not having fingers. “Well good to know that still works...somehow,” She said before taking off once again.

Everyone stood there still in a bit of amazement as Bastion finally came to the front of the group. Everyone’s attention went from the spectacle in front of them to the tall robot next to them. Bastion picked Fluttershy out of the group and kneeled down next to her. “Bweep,” he made a noise and held of his hand and a bird quickly landed on it right in front of Fluttershy. Fluttershy’s mood went from mildly frightened to cheery when she saw the bird, it was a species that she never had the chance to see one up close before. She looked up at Bastion and could only describe his “look” as curious. She held her hoof up and the bird jumped to it gracefully with a flap of his wings. “Bweep boop,” Bastion beeped again and patted Fluttershy on her head. He took a few step forward and the ponies watched as his parts shifted around. “Boo boo boop beep bwoop BWEEP!” Bastion’s height reduced dramatically as he compacted and a long barrel protruded from his front, many of the ponies behind him were reminded of Pinkie’s party cannon. Bastion rolled forward before the long barrel swiveled around to face them. The bird of Fluttershy’s hoof gave a loud chirp and gestured with a nod of his head and the barrel seemed to nod in recognition and swiveled on back around just in time to blast a rock that was coming at it into much smaller rocks.

“Um Princess Twilight?” Twilight’s concentration was broken when someone called out to her. She looked and found that many ponies had gathered closer to the castle and were also watching the scene of three very different looking ponies,a gorilla, and a robot taking out a large group of rock monsters. “Who-Who are they?” a mare asked with trepidation and curiosity. Twilight looked back to Celestia who smiled back at her and nodded.

With permission Twilight stepped forward and spoke to the slowly growing crowd. “Ponies of Ponyville. You have nothing to be afraid of the situation is under control with the help of our new friends and allies the-” Twilight paused realizing she didn’t exactly know how to phrase her next words. Did she risk telling the people these were beings from another world, one more advanced than they were. What would she even call their group. She remembered them saying something about an organization, but.

“Psst, Twilight,” Twilight jumped a bit as Tracer had quickly flashed back over to her side without her knowing. She held a piece of paper in her hooves and quickly pushed it into Twilight’s. “That should help you out,” Tracer said with a wink before with a flash she was back with her team fighting rock monsters.

Twilight looked at the card Tracer had just handed her looking at the one word that covered both faces of it. She turned back to the people smiling as she tucked it under her wing. “They...are the agents of Overwatch,” Twilight proclaimed loud enough for everyone to hear before turning back to see the last of the rock monsters being taken care of.

____________________________________________________________________________

Hanzo stared out into the forest he was stuck in. From his perch up in a tree he couldn’t see much since the forest was so dense. He sighed frustrated at his predicament. He was stuck in an unknown world, in a different body, with people he did not care to be around for long periods of time. Even though he tried his best to stay out of underworld affairs back on his world he still liked to be prepared and kept his ear to the ground. He had heard many stories about The two known as Roadhog and Junkrat, seen as sort of heroes among their kind in their home country but to general people most of their actions were nothing but wanton distraction and looting. Their actions however were nothing to the fearsome Widowmaker though, the stories were something that could be seen in the many victims that she left in her wake. It was not as if he was a stranger to taking a life but from what he could decipher she did not do it for any reasoning other than the thrill. The last one he was with though, the one known as Reaper was a mystery though. As best he could put together, he was some kind of science experiment that either went wrong or right. But whatever happened it resulted in a dangerous being.

“Another trial I must undertake,” Hanzo told himself as he sat awake on his turn to watch. Part of him wondered if this was just how fate was meant to be or if karma was just now deciding to punish him for actions he had taken earlier on in life. Even though he knew that his brother Genji was still “alive” he wrestled with his conscience on a daily basis. He reason that the only reason that he was now stuck in his current predicament was that he had tried to once again come face to face with his brother to settle their differences the only way the two brothers knew how, by fighting.

“Hanzo,” Hanzo’s train of thought was broken when Reaper suddenly called up to him. Hanzo looked down to reaper who silently nodded in the general direction of several bushes. Hanzo had noted the presence of something had taken up residence in the bushes minutes ago and silently nodded to Reaper. He had paused to think that it might be an animal but several had already wandered into the little camp and immediately scampered off once they saw the dismembered remains of the weird wood wolf they had used to make a fire. Hanzo drew an arrow and knocked it as silently as possible, Reaper slowly moved back towards the fir as a feint for anyone who was watching. With precise skill Hanzo drew back the arrow and launched it just behind the bush. Upon impact the arrows scattered and several shot back into the bush. There was a startled scream as the bush rattled before something decided to jump out. Reaper shot forward and struck the creature before pinning him to the ground. Hanzo jumped down from his perch as the other three member of the camp woke due to the shrill screams from the creature.

“What in the bloody heck is that thing!?!” Junkrat said as he got a look at the thing pinned under Reaper’s hooves. It looked like a cross between a horse and an insect. Black plates lined it’s entire body which concealed translucent wings and on it’s forehead was a horn.

“Whatever it is it’s seriously loud,” Widowmaker remarked wishing to just kill it and be done with it.

“It not panic,” Roadhog spoke up getting everyone’s attention.

“What?” Reaper asked pushing down a little harder on the creature.

“It not panic. It calling for help,” Roadhog responded as it looked down at the screaming squirming creature. Suddenly more screams like the one the creature were making could be heard from within the forest. Flashes of green fire came from all around and within seconds the five were surrounded by more of the creatures. The five drew their weapons in defense and Reaper pushed down on the pinned creature a little harder.

“Well this certainly does not bode well,” Hanzo sighed, he was not one for fighting many opponents when they all knew he was there.

“No I don’t think it does for you,” A new voice responded and caught the attention of the five as a few of the creatures surrounding them. The one that spoke resembled the creatures but she was taller, her horn was bigger and more jagged, and she seemed smarter than the rest of them. “My my, you five are definitely interesting,”

“And so are you, finally something that speaks. We’re going to need some information from you,” Junkrat said.

“Oh really, do you think that you're in a position to be demanding anything from me? Queen Chrysalis? Queen of the Changelings?” the large Changeling boasted.

“Well queenie...let’s just say that just like us. You have no idea what you're dealing with,” Junkrat smiled as he raised his grenade launcher with a gleefully mad smile on his face.

Author's Note:

HAHA A NEW CHAPTER FOR EVERYONE CLAMORING FOR IT!

wanna know what's happened in the time sincethis chpater in the last? well i started a new fic and did a one shot and oh yeah...Overwatch actually came out!

And it is glorious!

but anyway a lot of people were always getting on my case saying (And i'm paraphrasing here slightly) "DUURRRRRR....Hanzo no badguy! What you doin?" my apologies if those weren';t you're actual words. Honestly i had always felt a little weird putting Hanzo on the badguy team. To me his lore read as a bad guy. But then that literally amazing short came out and i had to work around that so now i'm changing it up a little with him and hopefully that shows...DOES THAT MAKE YOU HAPPY PEOPLE!!!!!:ajbemused:

but anyway no i'm on to finish another chapter i've been working on for two months..till next time...GET MORE LOOT BOXES!!!!!!