• Published 11th Nov 2015
  • 3,274 Views, 261 Comments

Long Live the Queen - QueenChrysalisForever



The current Queen Chrysalis has been wounded beyond the healing a good feeding provides. So she invites Discord over, to perform a spell he has been helping with for centuries. Will the new Queen be able to handle the pressure? Or will she fail?

  • ...
16
 261
 3,274

Trouble Brews


Royal Visitors Quarters - Shiny Whistle

The door slammed open followed by the cheerful giggling of Nemoria and Acronicta. I groaned while rubbing my forehead with my fetlock. As one, the two jumped onto my bed and wrapped me in a hug.

“Good morning, Shiny!”

“Did you sleep well?”

“Yeah, guess so,” I yawned.

Velvet and Discord stirred on the beds next to mine. With a little pop, a glass of chocolate milk appeared beside Discord, who sipped at it as he rolled over. “Ah, what a fun night!” he said, stretching out.

“Fun?” Nemoria piped. “But I thought meetings were supposed to be boring?”

“With Discord around?” Velvet sighed, sitting up in his bed. “Any meeting would be a party.”

Discord nodded. “Though most of it was dull,” he said. “Midnight snack time was fun.”

“How did everything go?” I picked up the girls gently in my magic and set them to the side of the bed as I sat up on the edge of my bed.

"No ling died, which is as well as we could have expected."

“See? I told you Celestia wouldn’t kill Danaus,” Nemoria chirped and poked Acronicta in her side.

“Is Chryssy or Twinkleshine awake yet?” If Chryssy was already awake, I sure was eager to see her. The last few days had to have been hard on her.

Both of them shook their head. “We left Twinkleshine still snoring in her room,” Nemoria said.

“We haven’t seen our Queen yet,” Acronicta whispered. “So I don’t know if she is awake.”

“We wanted to ask you a question Shiny,” Nemoria said. Her ears lowered slightly as she gave me a nervous grin.

“Of course, what can I do for you?” I grinned at them.

“Well… you see,” Nemoria rubbed one forehoof against the other. “E-even with the food eaten yesterday with Princess Celestia…”

“While it was delicious,” Acronicta said. “Well, as changelings we er…” She turned away, blushing.

“We are hungry for love!” Nemoria yelled, her eyes going wide as she lifted both forehooves to her mouth.

I smiled down at them. “No need to be embarrassed. It’s natural for you.” With a hoof around each of them, I hugged them close.

“Yes, I know,” Nemoria mumbled, snuggling closer against my side. “But-but wouldn’t it be bad to do here?”

“Bad?” I asked.

“Yeah,” Acronicta nodded. “C-Celestia seems nice, but - had we fed off sompony - would she lock us up like she did the others?”

“I don’t want to go to the dungeons,” Nemoria said, letting out a whine.

So that was it, poor girls. Their excited attitudes had changed drastically as they clung to me. What to tell them?

“If she tried to do that,” Discord growled softly. “Then I would turn her into a little white mouse to pull my carriage!”

“Doesn’t the story go the opposite way?” Velvet pointed out, to which Discord just shushed him.

“Discord’s right, pretty much,” I said, nuzzling into each of their manes. “I think long as you ask whomever you want to feed on, and are careful, you won’t have anything to worry about.”

“You can feed on me if you want,” Velvet said. He walked over and sat down on the end of my bed. “My brother cares for you two,” he grinned. “If he feels you are worthy of that, then so do I.”

“You won’t tell Celestia?” Acronicta sniffed, looking up at him.

“Tell Celestia what?” Chryssy said.

I turned around to see her step into our room with her mane tangled and bags under her eyes. She let out a yawn, stretching out her wings behind her.

“Chryssy,” I grinned over at her.

“I know, isn’t it nice to see me?,” she snarked, then looked back to Acronicta. “Did you two misbehave last night?”

“No-no!” Acronicta said, shaking her head. “We were good! Right Shiny?” she looked up at me.

“Don’t worry Chryssy, they were great last night,” I chuckled. “Twinkleshine even said it had been a long time since she last saw somepony so interested in the stars.”

“We got to see the moon up close!” Nemoria said. “Did you know it’s not really made of cheese, but rock?”

Chryssy laughed, “oh yes, I knew.”

“Guess that means Princess Luna really didn’t survive on cheese alone all those years,” Acronicta said. The two fillies broke into giggles while rolling into the middle of the bed. It was good to see them cheer up again.

“What did she eat then?” Nemoria asked. The two opened their eyes in wide foalike wonder.

“Rock candy, of course,” Discord said, winking at the two.

“Rock candy?” Chryssy gave Discord a deadpan look and sighed. “Why don’t we figure out the truth to that later,” Chryssy said. “What did you do that you don’t want Celestia to know?”

“Nothing,” the girls chorused.

“We’re just hungry,” Nemoria sniffed. She looked up at Chryssy with her big puppy-dog eyes look.

“Well you can’t feed from Shiny,” Chryssy snorted. “He’s been fed on too often lately.” Her ears twitched, looking at Nemoria, but she gave no other sign of the eyes affecting her.

“You fed on Shiny?” Nemoria gasped.

“But-but he’s a professor!” Acronicta said, blinking in confusion.

“Yes, yes,” Chryssy sighed, waving a hoof their way. “Rules are different when traveling.”

“Would it be fine if I fed them then?” Velvet asked. “I already offered to before you stepped in.”

“I suppose that would be fine,” Chryssy nodded. She held a hoof to her own stomach for a moment, then glanced away. She pawed at the floor with one hoof, ears twitching back and forth. Her eyes seemed unfocused as if she were lost in thought.

“You’re hungry too, aren’t you?” I said softly.

She glanced down at me, blinking slowly, before she sighed and nodded. “Yes, but there isn’t time to eat. I need to find Celestia. Now.”

“Now, now Chryssy,” Discord tsked, wagging a finger at her. “You need to keep up your strength.”

“He’s right,” I nodded. “What if Radiant Hope were to attack?” She winced at my words, closing her eyes and breathing heavily through her nostrils.

“I can’t feed from you right now, Shiny,” she hissed under her breath. “It would not be safe for you.”

“We can ask Twinkleshine?” Acronicta chirped, standing up on the bed.

“Yeah!” Nemoria nodded. “She’s an awesome pony. I’m sure she would help.” Before we could say another word, the two had jumped off the bed and ran out the door.

Chryssy groaned, rubbing a hoof under her eye, pulling down one eyelid, and shaking her head. “We don’t have time for this.”

“What’s wrong?” I trotted over to be beside her. “Did something happen last night?”

“Well I did give Celestia a pudding cake,” Discord grinned wryly. “But besides Flashy putting the others in the dungeons? Not really.”

“No, something did happen,” Chryssy sighed.

“What?” Velvet and I said.

“It’s a long story,” she sighed. “I never told you what Radiant and I talked about back in Ponyville, did I?”

I shook my head. Colt, was it that bad? Why hadn’t she told me?

“Well, we−” Chryssy began, but was interrupted as the girls returned with Twinkleshine.

“Here she is!” Nemoria bounced on her hooves beside the mare.

“W-what’s going on?” Twinkleshine asked between yawns. “Did I miss something?”

“Not yet,” Discord grinned. He curled up like a cat on Velvet’s bed, snapped his fingers, and watched us, with a bag of popcorn in his claw,.

“Would you feed us or our Queen, Twinkleshine?” Nemoria asked.

Twinkleshine blinked, mouth open in an O of surprise. “F-feed you?” She turned her gaze to Discord, whose grin just became wider with every moment. Giving Nemoria a sheepish smile, Twinkleshine took a step backward. “Er… that might not be the best idea, dear.”

“Why not?” Acronicta asked, joining Nemoria.

“Yes, Twinkleshine, why ever not?” Discord snickered. He grabbed a big pawful of popcorn and stuffed it into his mouth.

“You don’t have to, Twinkleshine,” Chryssy said. She laid a hoof on the mare’s back, jolting when Twinkleshine jumped.

“Er- allergies!” Twinkleshine meeped, backing away from all of us toward the door. “Yeah. Heh, allergies. I get hives when fed upon.” She backed up against the wall, ears flat against her head. “I’llgogetCadenceforyou!” With that, she raced from the room. The main door to our quarters slammed shut a moment later.

“What a show, what a show!” Discord cackled, tossing his popcorn into the air. He glanced over at me and winked. What the hay was he on about?

“Are we that scary?” Acronicta whispered, looking to Nemoria.

“Nah,” she laughed, waving a hoof. “We’re too cute to be scary!”

“True that,” Velvet chuckled. Both fillies beamed at his words.

“So what were you trying to say before?” I asked Chryssy.

She frowned, closed her eyes for a moment, and let out a deep sigh. Looking to the girls, she smiled softly at them. “Will you two be okay in here with Velvet for a few minutes?”

“Of course,” they said, sitting down next to Velvet.

“I can trust you to feed responsibly on your own?” She lowered her head to their level, eyeing each of them.

“Of course,” Nemoria giggled.

“We’ve been taught well,” Acronicta nodded.

“Good,” Chryssy nodded. “Stay in here until we call for you then.”

“Yes, my Queen,” they chorused.

“Okay.” Chryssy looked to Discord and me. “Follow me.”

I closed the door behind me as we entered the main room. Chryssy led us to the couch furthest away from the bedroom door and gestured for the two of us to sit down. Something was wrong; I could feel it. From the way she held her wings tight against her barrel to the twitching of her ears, she just seemed nervous, or scared? Chryssy paced back and forth in front of us, mumbling to herself as she gazed down at the ground.

Discord and I sat silently as she got her story together. I figured she’d tell us when she was ready. The question was, if it was this hard to tell, did I really want to know?

After what must have been at least five minutes, she paused in front of us and looked up. “Sorry about the wait, I er…” she sighed. “I should have told you this long ago.”

“What’s wrong, Chryssy?” I asked. “You can tell me anything. I won’t judge you.”

“Neither shall I,” Discord said softly. I looked over at him. For once, he was actually sitting on the couch, not just hovering above it. There was a look in his eye. Something I couldn’t quite place. Chrysalis looked to him, her own gaze matching Discord’s. Was I missing something?

Chrysalis took a deep breath and let it out in a rush. “When Hope and I talked in Ponyville, she offered me to join her side.”

I nodded. “Since we are here, I take it you told her no?”

“I told her I would think about it,” Chryssy whispered.

“Y-you didn’t decide to join her, did you?” I gulped. She wouldn’t, would she? No, no she was reforming –or, wanting to reform- she wouldn’t side with Hope?

She shook her head. “Of course not,” she snorted. “We don’t have time for the whole tale, but let’s just say her offer was full of empty promises.”

“So, then… what’s the problem then?” I asked.

“Isn’t it obvious, Shiny?” Discord huffed, rolling his eyes. “We villains don’t take well to being told no.” He reached into his fur and pulled out a slim book, cover well worn, with the words The Villain’s Guide to Being Evil emblazoned on it. Cracking it open and flipping through a few pages, he paused and pointed a finger at a line. “Never accept ‘no’ for an answer. Anyone can be persuaded to change their minds, if given the right motivation.”

Chryssy grinned at Discord. “We’ve always been bad with that, haven’t we?”

“Indeed, my dear, Chryssy.” Discord smiled back at her. “So you told her no then? Good girl, Chryssy. Twilight would be proud,” he crooned.

“I haven’t told her no yet either,” she sighed. “She’s given me three days to think about it, and tonight they will be up.”

“So you’ll tell her no, right?” I asked.

“I… fear telling her anything,” she admitted. “Yet, if I don’t join her, I-I think she has evil intentions for my hive.”

“Would make sense,” Discord nodded. “What better way to get under a changeling queen’s chitin than to threaten her hive?”

He was right, and I could see the fear of such in Chryssy’s eyes. What were we to do? Aha, that was it! “Why not ask Celestia for help?” I grinned. “I mean I’m sure that is part of what you have been doing already−”

“Yes,” she said, nodding. “Yet things are far more urgent now. We need reinforcements now, not in a few weeks when negotiations can finally be settled.”

“I-I found Cadence!” Twinkleshine called as she opened the door behind us, Princess Cadence following the unicorn mare inside.

“I’m still thinking this is a bad idea.” Behind Cadence, Twilight Sparkle stepped into the room and let out a snort. “How do we know she isn’t trying to hypnotize you like she did my brother?”

“Like Auntie Celestia said Twilight, Chrysalis is our guest.” Cadence grinned over at the three of us. “If we don’t show her some amount of trust, we would be unkind.”

Chryssy walked over to her. “Good morning, Cadence.”

“Good morning, Chrysalis. Twinkleshine explained that you were looking for a… donor? Or do you call it another name?”

“Feeder pony usually,” Chryssy muttered. “But yes, I was. Getting close to running on empty.”

Cadence laughed softly, “With how busy we all have been, I’m not surprised.”

Twilight glared at Chryssy. “If you think you can drain my sister-in-law…”

“Oh please, Twilight,” Chryssy sighed, rolling her eyes. “Do you think me that stupid?”

“Was that a rhetorical question?” Twilight glared at her, letting off a soft snort. “My friends will be here on the first train this morning.”

“Good, I do love reunions,” Chryssy snapped. She turned back to Cadence. “Well, if you are willing, then let’s do this. I want to get down to talk to Celestia as soon as possible.”

“Will all be going down this time?” I asked, to which Cadence nodded.

“Of course, Shiny, you are welcome to come and have your say.” Cadence looked back at Chryssy. “Very well, how do you want to do this?”

“May we head to my room?” she asked. “I’d rather not have anypony, breathing down my throat, watching us,” she let out a soft growl, her gaze going to Twilight.

“No! I’m com−” Twilight frowned as Cadence lifted a hoof to her muzzle.

“I’ll be fine, Twilight. Give us what… five minutes?” she looked to Chryssy, who nodded. “Yes, five minutes. If we are not back by then, you may barge in to make sure things are going well.”

Twilight reached into her saddlebag and pulled out a pocket watch. “Very well, five minutes.”

“Shall we proceed?” Cadence asked, holding out a hoof. Chryssy nodded, leading the way to her room and closing the door behind the two royals.

“Don’t worry,” I said. I looked over at Twilight and grinned. “Chryssy is gentle when it comes to feedings. She’ll make it quick and be right back out.” I blinked in surprise when Discord burst out into laughter beside me. “What’s so funny?”

“Oh Shiny, if you don’t know, then perhaps you are just not old enough.” He continued to laugh.

“I just don’t get you, Shiny,” she sighed. She turned her gaze to the watch as it ticked off the seconds.

“Now you know how most of us guys feel about mares,” Discord chortled, poking Twilight’s horn and making it bounce as if it were rubber. She sent a frosty glare his way.

“I-I think I’ll go check on the girls,” Twinkleshine said, backing away from Discord before she bolted to the bedroom door.

“Sometimes there are things you just can’t explain, Twilight,” I shrugged. “We all deserve to be happy, I believe. If I can give that to Chryssy, then I’ll be happy.”

Twilight bit her lip. She raised a hoof but then reconsidered. “Mixed breed relationships rarely work out, Shiny,” she said. “No matter how much Spike cares for Rarity, it is a longshot if they’ll ever become a couple when he leaves his baby dragon years.”

“I daresay, Twilight, that you are forgetting about one ‘very’ mixed breed pair,” Discord huffed. “I care about my dear Fluttershy very much.”

“But you are just friends,” Twilight said, her voice rising slightly in pitch.

“For now, perhaps,” Discord nodded, leaning back in the couch. “Isn’t that how the ‘bestest couple’s’ start out though?” He gave her a cheesy grin.

“Discord,” she grumbled. “You’re not helping.”

“Aren’t I? Oh, I guess that would be my bad, wouldn’t it?” he frowned, tracing a finger over Twilight’s cheek.

“Discord!” Twilight snapped, flicking the finger away with a hoof.

“I’m not bothering you, am I, Twilight?”

Twilight groaned and facehooved. “Yes, Discord. Yes, you are.” She turned to look at me. “We’ll talk about this later.” The purple princess glanced back at her pocket watch. “They are just about out of time.”

I sighed, dreading that future ‘talk’. Why should she have any say in who I give my love to? I will show her. I will show them all I wasn’t crazy for loving a changeling!


Royal Visitor Quarters - Queen Chrysalis

Cadence and I walked into my room, closing the door behind us. As if I wasn’t already in a hurry to get downstairs, everyone here insisted that I eat first. Sure, I was hungry, but the more time I wasted, the more time Hope had to get ready for any devious plans. I held a hoof to my stomach as it growled again. Would it not give me a moment’s peace?

“This is really good,” Cadence said. She had trotted over to my desk and was levitating my drawing of the falcon as she looked at it. “I didn’t know you were an artist?”

“I dabble a little with it,” I replied nonchalantly. “Shall we get on with this though?”

“Right, you wanted to see Auntie,” she nodded, placing the drawing back on the dresser. She took a in a deep breath and let it out. Her gaze turned to me. “You know I am putting a lot of trust in you, doing this.”

“Of course we know that,” Chrys huffed. “This will be fun. Being the ‘Princess of Love’ she might even give us more power than her little Shining.”

I nodded. “Yes, I understand that, Cadence.” I was still quite surprised she had agreed to it. It really showed just how much she had forgiven us. Would I have been able to if I were in her horseshoes? So many she might have called friends died, her husband was almost stolen from her, and she was trapped underground where nopony could find her. She had gone through so much because of us, and just came out of it stronger.

Cadence stepped toward me and put a hoof to my cheek. “Are you okay, Chrysalis? You seem troubled.”

“Yes, for now,” I looked away from her. Somehow I kept forgetting how perceptive she was. “Hopefully, that will change once I talk to Celestia.” It had to; she had to. We did live in Equestria after all. Even if my changelings and I were not under her rule, and with the bad things we had done, she had to realize this threat was more than just our problem.

“I’m sure it will,” Cadence grinned, putting a hoof around me and hugging me gently. Colt, that felt good. Even without feeding I could feel the love emanating from her. So warm, comforting, full of hope.The total opposite of Radiant Hope’s hug from last night. I couldn’t have us break that, not again. “So, how did you want to do this?” Cadence asked, her head against my own. “My Shiny has told me… some of the ways he remembers you feeding on him.”

“Making love with a princess?” Chrys chortled. “Now that would be fun. Alas, we don’t have time for that kind of feeding. Perhaps one day she would let us though?” I grinned as she let out a cackle.

“Not enough time for most of those ways,” I said. “Though if you want to in the future…” I winked at her. Colt, am I really trying to seduce a Princess?

Cadence laughed, pulling away from the hug. “I guess some things never change about your kind, do they?”

“Well, we take what we can find,” I laughed awkwardly. “I’m surprised you find that funny though. You would almost think you want me to seduce you,” I wiggled my eyebrows at her.

The pretty pink princess shook her head. “No, I’m fine with my Shining Armor. MY Shiny,” she said, pressing a hoof to my muzzle.

“Stop flirting!” Chrys growled. “Though it may be fun, we have more important things to consider right now, remember?”

I coughed, shaking my head. Chrys was right. “Right, he’s yours,” I nodded. “Anyway, I have my own Shiny now. Let’s have you sit down.” I gestured to the bed. Cadence hopped up onto it, tucking her forelegs against her stomach. She smiled down at me. I grinned back, took in a deep breath, and stepped up to her. “Just stay still and think of Shining,” I said as I lowered my horn to her neck. “I’ll make this as quick and painless as I can.”

“Take what you need,” Cadence nodded. She closed her eyes and relaxed, her breaths coming slow but steady. “Don’t take too long, though; it has already been a few minutes.”

“Right,” I said. Swallowing, I closed my own eyes and began to feed. I licked my lips as her love flowed into me. It was sweeter than any love I had had so far, and so full of strength and power. Sure, Shiny’s had its own strengths, flavor, and potency, not to mention power, but within Cadence’s was something I had not felt before.

“It’s her alicorn blood,” Chrys said. “Even if she doesn’t love ‘us’, it exudes such a wonderful power. Mmm such strength flowing through our chitin. Been far too long since I had a taste. Back when we…” she paused and let out a sigh. “Well, don’t worry about that right now. We have little time until that bookpony comes barging in here. Finish up.”

I pulled away, looking down at Cadence. Her ears drooped a little, and I could swear those bags were not under her eyes before, but she still had a smile upon her face. “Such strength,” I admired as I took a set back a step back. “You’ve grown a lot these past two seasons- ah I mean years!” I gulped, giving her a sheepish grin.

She giggled, stretching out her wings and hopping to the floor. “Taking on my destiny has helped with that I suppose,” she said softly. “Thank you for not breaking my trust.” She rubbed a hoof against her forehead. “I have a slight headache. Is that normal?”

“For an Alicorn, maybe,” Chrys snorted. “Too bad we don’t have time for more. If all she has is a headache, she has plenty more she could spare us.”

“Yeah, you’ll be fine,” I nodded. “Headaches are a normal side effect.”

“Yes, Shining did have a lot of headaches back then, didn’t he?”

“At least headaches are the lesser of problems you could have,” I said.

“True, true,” she nodded. “Shall we head back out before my sister-in-law decides to attack?”

I laughed, “Yes, let’s do so.” I’d never expected Cadence to be so nice to me, with whom I had become. Yet, here we were, actually getting along. It gave me hope that things could turn around. That if we tried we could defeat Hope together.

“Perhaps I went about my plans the wrong way,” Chrys murmured. “Can it really be possible to be ‘friends’ with our food?”

I guess we could see. Cadence opened the door to my room just as Twilight stood up. She sat back down again and returned the pocket watch to her saddle bag.

Shiny stood,his ears perked as he smiled. “Everything went well?”

“Yes, Shiny,” I said.

Cadence nodded. “No need to worry.” She trotted toward the door and opened it. “Auntie is in court right now, but if your need to see her is as urgent as I think, she won’t mind us interrupting.”

“I hope you’re right,” I said. It took but a moment to don my disguise of Soaring Song once more before the five of us were on our way.

Twilight circled Cadence as we walked, lifting her wings and brushing aside her fur along her neck and upper body. When she lifted into the air and looked down into the pink alicorn’s ears, she finally spoke up. “Twilight? What are you doing?” Cadence asked.

“Looking for bite marks, of course,” she huffed. “Or any other sign that she harmed you.” Her gaze turned to me.

Cadence pushed her away gently in order to land back on the tiled floor. “I’m fine, Twilight,” she said. “Chrysalis kept her word.”

“Chryssy is trying to be good, Twilight,” Shiny said. “Can’t you give her a chance?”

“Well, from my observations, you don’t look worse for the wear,” Twilight snorted. “Were those bags under your eyes before?” She rubbed a hoof under her chin.

“She said she was fine!” I growled, baring my fangs at her. Colt, what happened to the Twilight from the show? Hadn’t she by this time gotten a little less… possessive? She was driving me insane!

“Come on now, why can’t we all just be… friends?” Discord chuckled. He pulled the four of us into a hug and looked down at Twilight. “That’s what you and your friends are always telling me, isn’t it?”

Twilight groaned and gritted her teeth. “Yes, yes we are.” She pulled out of Discord’s hug, her eyes focused on the path ahead as she walked on.

“I think she’ll get to liking you,” Shiny whispered. “Just give her some time.” He winked at me and followed after Twilight.

“If she can learn to tolerate me,” Discord grinned. “Then there is a chance she might like you too.” He let out a whoop and followed after the others.

Cadence put up a hoof in front of me. “Chrysalis,” she whispered.

“Yes?” I asked and paused.

She put her hoof down, watching the others walk down the hall lit with the morning sun’s light. “I just wanted to say…” she looked back over at me. Her shoulders were slightly slumped, her crown slightly askew. Maybe we had taken more love from her than I realized. “Don’t give up hope on love,” she continued.

“What?” I slowly blinked at her in surprise.

“Don’t give up hope on love,” she repeated. “It might surprise you one day.” With that, she turned around and hurried to catch up with the others.

“Does she see something we don’t?” Chrys asked.

“Perhaps,” I nodded. The show had never gone too deep into what Cadence’s love powers could do, other than helping mend relationships, and, of course, blasting us off with the help of Shining Armor. To be a princess, she had to have so much more than that. Didn’t she? Well, however, her powers worked, we could figure it out later. For now, we need to find us a sun princess.


As we reached the throne room, the first thing I noticed was the guards. My upper lip twitched as I resisted a snarl. They were the same ones that had captured Aglais when we traveled from the train station. The dark blue unicorn glared at me. His azure blue-furred pegasus friend beside him looked away. Surely, Celestia hadn’t told them? No, of course she would have. Why else would they be acting like this? So much for being discrete.

As I stepped up to the doors, they both moved their spears to block me. “Princess Celestia is in a private audience,” the unicorn snorted.

“I hadn’t heard of anypony important coming today.” Cadence rubbed her chin.

“It is just one of our own Princesses,” the pegasus said. “Apparently, something happened last night.”

Colt, Hope didn’t do something, did she? “What happened?” I asked.

“Is everypony okay?” Cadence looked down at the rest of us and then turned her gaze back to the guards. “Midnight, Shielded, please tell me.”

“We know nothing, Cadence,” the pegasus –Midnight?- said. “Princess Celestia never said anything about not letting you in though,” his gaze moved to Twilight. “Or you, Princess Twilight.”

“Well, if they can go in, I dare say you can’t keep the rest of us out,” Discord scoffed.

“Yes, whatever happened we need to talk to her,” Chrys said. “If they won’t let us in, we’ll let ourselves in.”

“Let us in,” I growled. My eyes opened wide I came nose to nose with the unicorn Shielded. “She needs to hear what I have to say. I found out more information for her.”

“More information?” A small smile appeared on Twilight’s lips. “Already? I- I’ve barely made a scratch on the library’s contents yet. How did you find something out?”

“I have my ways,” I grinned.

“Always so curious, that mare,” Chrys chuckled.

“App- er your guard found out more information?” My lilac-colored stallion grinned.

“Yes,” I nodded. My gaze returned to the guards, I grinned. “So, let us in, please?”

“The Princesses are with her Shielded,” Midnight said. “I think it safe to let them in.”

He groaned but nodded. “Fine,” he growled. They lifted their spears for just a moment before I kicked the doors open with my forehooves and raced inside. Shiny and the others followed behind me, albeit slower than I.

Celestia sat on her throne before us and Flash Sentry beside her. The orange pegasus slapped on his helmet at the sight of me - his gaze hard - and held up his own spear.

“Flash, what’s wrong?” I crooned. Here I thought he at least had some affection for me, yet here he is brandishing his spear at us!

“He’s just a little high-strung this morning,” Princess Celestia raised a wing and wrapped it around the guard. “He’ll be okay, right?” Flash grunted, but nodded his head. Celestia turned her gaze back to the rest of us. My wings fluttered behind me when her gaze fell to me. “Is there a reason you are interrupting my court?”

I nodded and looked at each of the ponies and Discord around me. We hadn’t even gotten to what I wanted to tell them earlier. What would they think of me?

“All that matters is if Celestia sends help,” Chrys huffed. “We can think of what they’ll think later.”

I took a deep breath and stepped up to Celestia. “Princess,” I nodded to her. “Last night I received more information about the Alicorn Amulet,” I said. “That is, the one Radiant Hope has.”

“I see,” she took the last few steps from her throne until she stood beside me. “This information couldn’t wait until our meeting this evening?” She lifted a hoof, “or even until Twilight’s friends arrive?”

I shook my head, ears lowered. “No, for there is more to it than just that. I…” I closed my eyes and looked away. “I fear my hive is threatened.”

“What?” Shiny gasped beside me. I looked up, seeing his worried eyes, beside him Cadence held a similar look. Discord lowered himself to the ground and rubbed his goatee. For once since I’d been here, Twilight looked almost… concerned, a small frown on her face.

Flash snorted, eyes narrowed as he took in my words. Celestia simply sighed, lowering her graceful neck. “Why do you think that?” she asked.

“Oh, I don’t know, maybe because a maniac has her army surrounding our castle?” Chrys snarled. “Why else?”

“I got word from my royal guard last night,” I said. “He told me Radiant Hope has my castle surrounded.” I looked back up at her as my chin quivered. “Please, her army is much too large for us to take on alone anymore,” I pled. “I know our relationship is still… rocky, but if you could send some soldiers down to help, I would be most grateful.”

“Nice,” Chrys said. “Playing the pity card. Now, drive it in home to make sure she will help!”

“I know you might not trust us fully yet, but wouldn’t you ask the same if your ponies were in such danger?” That should do it. I jumped as I felt a pair of hooves fold around me, covered in lilac fur.

“Oh, Chryssy,” he said. “Why didn’t you tell us sooner?”

“Because it is all a lie,” Flash growled.

“What?” Chrys and I barked. “H-how dare you say so!” I stuttered, looking at the others around me, and up into the dark purple eyes of the unicorn with his hooves still wrapped around me. “You believe me, don’t you?”

“Of course, I do, Chryssy,” Shiny whispered, nuzzling his head against me.

“Well, I’m afraid you put your trust in the wrong horseshoes, Shiny,” Celestia sighed. “The reason I was alone with Flash Sentry before your arrival is that he stumbled upon the truth last night.”

“Truth? What truth?” I growled. Unless… no… had he been that thing I saw fly past my window? Had he been spying on me? I thought back to everything that had happened last night and let out a frustrated groan. The hug, the looks, just Hope being there, it could easily have been misinterpreted.

“He caught you talking to Radiant Hope in your room last night,” Celestia said firmly. “You even gave her a hug.”

Shiny took a step back and looked to Celestia, shaking his head in disbelief. “N-no, she wouldn’t do that,” he said. “She hates Hope. What she’s been doing!”

“Are you calling me a liar?” Flash narrowed his gaze on the poor stallion. “I would never lie to one of the Princesses.”

“I knew it,” Twilight smirked. She pumped her right forehoof in the air twice and let out a few sparks of magic from her horn. “A changeling can never change.” She walked over and stood next to Celestia. With a look of excitement in her eyes, she lit her horn and it aimed my way. “You’ve been working all this time to set us up for a trap!”

“No!” I yelled, shaking my head. “I really do hate Hope. I’d never work with her.”

“Lies!” Twilight stomped her hoof. “If you are not working with her−”

Celestia lifted a wing before Twilight’s muzzle, her eyes narrowed. “Then why was Radiant Hope in your bedroom last night?”

“The foal has been trying to get me to join her,” I said. “I did tell you that in our first meeting?” I growled.

“Yes, you did say so,” Celestia nodded.

“But with your background, after what happened last night how can we know you were telling the truth?” Twilight huffed.

“S-she does make a good point,” Cadence whispered. I turned to look at the pink mare. Gone was the smile she had just minutes before we entered the throne room. Her shoulders were slumped as if a great weight had been added to them. “Perhaps, I was wrong.”

No, no! All my support is leaving me. I looked to Discord. He just shrugged and shook his head. “You have done similar things in the past, dear Chryssy.”

I let out a frustrated growl and tore at my mane with my forehooves. Was it that hard to believe I could be good?

“I bet she planned this,” Chrys hissed. “Like Discord said before, we villains don’t like taking ‘no’ for an answer. She’s trying to force our hoof.”

“I believe her,” Shiny said. He stomped a hoof. He had his ears halfway lowered, but his eyes glinted with determination. “I’ve seen her change these past few weeks. There were dozens of times she could have killed me, killed other ponies too, but she didn’t.”

“How else to draw your trust?” Twilight growled. “She should be locked up with her changelings below.”

“Colt no, if we are locked up then there will be nothing we can do!” Chrys gulped.

“Please, Princesses,” Shiny pled. “There are good changelings over there: children, mothers, fathers, and other ponies. Would you have the innocent die?”

“My daughter is there, Celestia. Would you have her die?”

“It wouldn’t hurt to send a few now would it Kay-Kay?” Discord asked.

“Of course, it would!” Twilight yelled. “Then they would likely die.”

“What would you have us do, Auntie? Would our cells even be able to hold her?”

“There is no need to lock her up, please!”

ENOUGH!” Celestia shouted. I could swear the whole room trembled at her ‘Royal Canterlot Voice’. Shiny cringed, his ears lowered. The others looked similarly chastened. “Look,” Celestia said, her voice much softer this time. “If it can be helped, I would rather no creature die.”

“What if we were to send somepony to verify her words?” the Princess of Love asked. “It wouldn’t take but a day.”

“My changelings cannot wait a day.”

“It would have to take at least a day for a pegasus to get there and back.”

“What about that friend of Twilight’s, Applejack?” Chrys said. “She’s supposed to be this super-fast flier?”

I sighed. Did Chrys still not know the names of Twilight’s friends? “What about Rainbow Dash?” I asked. “With how fast she flies, she could be back before dinnertime.”

“We’re NOT putting my friends in such danger!” Twilight snapped. “We are a team.”

“Discord maybe then?” I grimaced. Colt, he could probably solve everything. Or was the amulet stronger than him too?

“No,” Celestia said softly. “Discord is too close to you.”

Discord gasped and put a paw to his chest. “Are you suggesting I would lie, dear Celestia?”

“I just can’t take the chance, Discord. Forgive me.”

“Well,” Discord let out a loud snort. “If that is how you feel.” He folded his arms and turned away from her.

I let out another groan. We were getting nowhere with this. If only Flash hadn’t seen Hope. How did he even know it was her? Now that is the question. Seen the amulet perhaps? Well, whatever way he had figured out it was her. My reactions thus far had confirmed it.

“So then, do you have somepony you’re willing to send?” I grumbled. “Or is everything we’ve been trying for going to be for naught?”

“No, even if I were to send somepony as fast as Rainbow Dash to see if Radiant Hope’s army is in fact near the changeling homeland, there would be no way to tell whether they were there to attack you or us.” She did actually look sorry with the way her eyelids lowered and expression softened. “I’m sorry, Chrysalis, but with last night’s events, I can’t trust you enough to send anypony.”

“Ooooooh when I get hold of that Radiant Hope,” Chrys growled.

I felt a warm hoof wrap around us and looked to see Shiny. “You sure you want to believe us?”

“I abandoned you once, but not again. Of course, I want to believe you. Just too bad I’m not a pegasus,” he sighed. “Or else I would fly there for you.”

“Thanks” I said.

So that was it. Celestia refused to help. What are we going to do now? I itched to fly there myself, but what would they think if I just left like that? Certainly not what I would want them to. No, I would need to stay for now. Perhaps, if I kept trying I could convince her to send somepony. All I knew was that it was going to be a long day.

Author's Note:

We are drawing nigh to the end of day three. Just one last chapter before the 'fun' begins. :pinkiecrazy: *cackles* I hope you all are enjoying!
As usual, comment/critique/like and most of all enjoy!