• Published 26th Dec 2015
  • 7,528 Views, 375 Comments

Toriel in Equestria - The Lutece twins



Toriel finds herself in a new world after finding a strange artifact in her house.

  • ...
19
 375
 7,528

Chapter 9: Frisk's nightmare and a surprising guest

Frisk swang happily on the swing, in her changeling form with no care as to who may see her. Toriel sits on a bench with Asgore as Asriel was running around. The changeling filly giggled merrily. Toriel lays her head on Asgore as she watches Frisk with a smile. Asriel runs up to frisk and tags her.

"You're it!" He said. Asgore wraps a foreleg around Toriel, resting his head on hers.

"Our two beautiful children...just look at them." He said.

"Heyyy!!" Frisk whined. She hops off the swing and flies after her brother. Toriel smiles. Asriel runs off while laughing happily. Asgore smiles and nuzzles Toriel.

"I love you so much." he said softly.

"I love you too." Toriel sighs.

"I'm gonna get you!!" Frisk said. Asriel runs into the forest. Asgore holds Toriel close.

"Wait! We shouldn't go in there!" Frisk yells. Asriel doesn't listen and continues.

"Asriel!!" Frisk yells again. There was no response. Everything was deathly quite. Frisk comes to a land in front of the trees.

"Asriel...this isn't funny..." She said, scared. Frisk wanders into the trees in search of her brother. There was still no response.

"Nnngh..." She said, not knowing what to do. She keeps going. There was chatter in the distance.

"Asriel....this is getting scary..." Frisk said, starting to shake in fear. As she continued to walk, the chatter was actually a couple of ponies talking. Frisk snapped a twig under her hoof as she walked. The talking stopped.

"Did you hear that?" One voice asked.

"Yea, I did." Another said.

"Asriel!" Frisk yelled.

"It came from over there!" The first voice yelled.

"A-Asriel...is that you?" Frisk asked, then ducks behind a tree. The sound of hooves stopped where frisk once stood. There were two ponies, both wearing golden armor. They looked around.

"I could have sworn I heard a voice coming from over here." The pony on the right said. Frisk let out a little whimper. The pony on the right's ears perk up from the Frisk's whimper. He looks in her direction and sees her. His eyes narrow.

"There she is!" He yells angrily, pointing at her. Frisk gasped, too scared to move she curls up and cries.

"D-D-Don't hurt me! Please!" She cried. The ponies charge at her, yelling. Scared, she gets up and runs. The two guards catch up to her quite easily and stop her in place. They both had evil like smiles on their faces.

"What should we do with this changeling?" The pony on the right asked.

"I say we hurt it, badly." The pony on the left said. Frisk gasped.

"Please, no! What did I do to you?! I'm just looking for my brother! Please don't hurt me!!" She cried. The pony holding her raises a hoof to strike her.

"ENOUGH!!!" A loud voice yelled and a blue beam incinerated the pony holding Frisk. Frisk drops to the ground, crying.

"Mommy, save me!" She mumbles. The other pony tries to run, but was incinerated as well. Princess Luna drops in front of Frisk and kneels down to her with a look of sadness.

"Frisk..." She said. Frisk peeks and sees Luna.

"Luna!!" She yells. She wraps her forelegs tightly around Luna's neck. Luna wraps a hoof around Frisk lightly. Frisk cries into Luna's neck, hugging tightly. Luna lays her head on Frisk, trying to calm her down.

"Everything will be fine Frisk, it was just a nightmare.." She said.

"H-how? Where is Asriel?" Frisk asked.

"This is a dream, Frisk. All of it isn't real." Luna said.

"You promise, sis?" Frisk looked up into Luna's eyes. Luna warmly smiles and nods.

"I promise." She said. Frisk gave a heavy sigh.

"I got you all wet..." She said.

"It's all right Frisk, you were scared. But everything's all right." Luna said.

"Thank you, big sister." Frisk smiles, nuzzling Luna's chest. "I love you." She said.

"I love you too, Frisk." Luna said.

"Can we...go somewhere else? And...where's Asriel?" Frisk sniffed. Luna nods.

"Sure. And to answer that question, that wasn't the real Asriel." She said.

"Oh..." Frisk said. She climbs onto Luna's back and snuggles against her ethereal mane. Luna's horn lights up and there was a bright flash. When the flash died down, Asgore, Toriel and Asriel all appeared.

"Luna?" Both Toriel and Asriel said.

"Uh...What's going on?" Asgore asked.

"Asriel!!!" Frisk yells. She tackles him down and hugs him tightly. Asriel lands on his back.

"Oof! Frisk?" He said. Toriel looks around, then at Luna with confusion.

"Frisk had a nightmare that I freed her from. I thought that merging all four of your dreams together will bring all of you a good night's rest." Luna said.

"Well, I must be off then. But for now I will leave you with this" she said, closing her eyes. Her horn glows and the scenery changes to a beach.

"I was scared you got hurt!!" Frisk sniffles, snuggling into Asriel. Asriel hugs Frisk.

"Hey, hey, hey, big brother's here." He said. Frisk smiles softly.

"Thank you, big brother." She said. Luna smiles as well.

"Well, I must be off then. But for now I will leave you with this." She said, closing her eyes. Her horn glows and the scenery changes to a beach.

"No! Don't go!" Frisk said. She stumbles over to Luna and hugs her leg. "Please, sis?" she asked. Luna looks down at Frisk and warmly smiles.

"Oh, alright. I'll stay. I can't say no to you." She said. Frisk smiles happily, nuzzling Luna's leg.

"You're the best big sister ever, Luna!" She said. Toriel smiles happily at the sight. Luna lays down next to Frisk. Asriel plays with the sand, trying to make a sand castle, but its not going well. Frisk cuddles against Luna's side, using her magic to raise one of her forelegs, and rests herself under it before letting it go.

"I'm so glad to have you as my sister." She said. Luna nods in agreement.

"I do too." She said. Toriel Lays next to Asgore as the sound of waves crash against the beach. Asriel manages to get the sand into shape, only for it to collapse. He's annoyed by it. Frisk giggled upon noticing Asriel's frustration. With her magic, she restores the castle to its previous small glory.

"This is quite peaceful, isn't it?" Asgore asked. Asriel smiles.

"Thanks Frisk!" He said. Toriel closes her eyes, lays against Asgore and sighs happily.

"It is." she said.

"Wanna go play with our brother?" Frisk asked.

"Guess we're Luna's parents." Asgore chuckled. "Since Frisk thinks of Luna as her sister, that would make her our 'daughter'." he said, making quotations with his hooves. Luna smiles and nods. Toriel giggles at the thought. Frisk smiles and trots over to Asriel and tackles him again.

"Hi, big brother!!" She yells, causing them to hit the sand. Asgore smirks.

"Watch." He smirked. He gets up and merrily canters over to Luna. "Well, hey there, you adorable little filly!" Asgore smiled and hugs Luna.

"How's daddy's little girl doing?" he laughed, giving Luna a noogie.

"Woah, oof!" Asriel said. Luna blushes madly. Frisk giggles and nuzzles Asriel.

"Heh...good joke, huh?" Asgore asked. Luna was still blushing.

"Y-Yeah." She stutters. Asriel laughs slightly while smiling.

"Awe, Frisk, really?" He said. Frisk nodded and continue to nuzzle him. Asgore chuckled and lets Luna go, kissing her head first.

"Thanks for being there for our daughter. She really loves you, Luna." He said. Luna smiles and nods again, but the blush is still there.

"I couldn't let her be sad, even if she is a changeling. I also feel happy when I'm around her and her family." She said. Toriel laughs a little at the scene. Asriel looks over at Toriel.

"Moooom, help me." He said. Frisk giggles and lays on top of Asriel. Asgore smiles.

"We couldn't possibly thank you enough. You're a big part of her life. Being a princess of this nation and letting her call you her sister means a lot when most other ponies don't take a liking to her." he said. Asriel smiles at her. Luna sighs.

"If they could only see that she isn't a bad changeling, but they do." She said. Frisk curls up on top of him.

"It's sad...she's such a good filly...why would anypony hate her?" Asgore sits down by Luna. Asriel runs a hoof through Frisk's mane lightly.

'It was because of a changeling attack that happened three years ago." Luna said. Frisk starts to fall asleep. Asriel lays his head back and letys out a happy sigh. Asgore looks at frisk.

"An attack?" He asked. Luna nods.

"Yes. It was during Shining Armors wedding." She said.

"Ouch..." Asgore said. Luna sighs and nods.

"Yea." She said. Asriel closes his eyes and sighs happily.

"I'm glad to call her my daughter." Asgore said. Frisk nuzzles her cheek into Asriel's neck.

"She is a wonderful daughter for your family." Luna said.

"We love her very much." Asgore said. Luna notices that it was almost time to wake up.

"It's about time for all of you to wake up now. My sister is about to raise the sun and she will want me to move the moon." She said.

"Alright." Asgore said, hugging her one last time. "Thanks again...for everything." he said.

"It's my pleasure." She said, just as everything went to white. Frisk woke up on Luna's be and moped.

"Awe, I wasn't done cuddling yet!" She whined. Luna runs a hoof through Frisk's mane.

"I know Frisk, but I have to go and lower the moon." She said.

"Can we cuddle when you're done?" Frisk asked. Luna smiles at her.

"Sure. And I'll also get us some breakfast too, how does that sound?" She asked. Frisk smiles wide.

"Perfect!" She said happily. Luna nods and gets up.

"I'll be right back." She said.

"Wait! Can I come watch you?" Frisk asked holding onto Luna's back leg. Luna warmly smiles at her.

"Sure." She said.

"Yay!" Frisk said happily as she hops onto Luna's back. Luna walks towards her balcony with a smile. She opens the door and the beautiful night sky was showing. Frisk smiles at the sight.

"It's so pretty!" She said happily.

"Thank you." Luna said. "Now, watch." She said as her horn glows. The moon dipped over the horizon just as the sun raised over the horizon, shining over the land with its golden glow. Frisk's eyes open wide.

"Wow! But...I'm sad your moon is gone...I like night time." She said. Luna's eyes widen at that statement.

"W-wait, y-you like my night?" She said. Frisk nods.

"I watch the moon go up every night! It's...such a great pleasure...to be your sister, Luna...I love you so much." She said. Frisk lets out a small sniffle, hugging Luna from around the back of her neck.

"Now I can be with you when you raise it. It means a lot to me..." She said happily. Luna smiles as a tear falls from her face, nuzzling Frisk.

"It's my pleasure, little sister." She said. Frisk smiles and nuzzles Luna's mane.

"Come, let's get some breakfast." Luna said. Frisk nods.

"Okay, sister!" She said. Luna smiles and walks out of the room with a little pep in her step. Frisk trots merrily along with her. Luna walks through the garden, looking at the beautiful flowers as she walked. Frisk stays close to Luna.

"Sis?" She asked. Luna looks down at her.

"Yes?" She asked. The changeling filly lowered her head.

"Why do you like me?" She asked. Luna stops and kneels down to her with a warm smile.

"Frisk, your mother, Toriel, has been very kind to me, a kindness that nopony has ever given me since I returned from my incident, for three years, ponies were afraid of me, even now I can still hear them call me Nightmare moon behind my back. And when I saw her again and saw you with her and her family. I saw that all of you were happy. And when I heard my sister say that she was going to teleport you back to Chrysalis," She said with a shiver.

"I decided to help Toriel. This is why I like you, even if you calling me big sister is a big surprise to me." She said.

"But...what about ME is it you like? I'm just a changeling..." Frisk sniffed.

"Frisk, do you really think that just because your a changeling, that changes everything? No, I know that your a sweet Filly, one that needs love, one that needs a great family. And you do. Toriel and her family have been great taking care of you, haven't they?" Luna asked. Frisk looks down.

"They have..." She sniffed.

"Then why worry, they have been there for you, so I will too. They've shown me kindness, I'll show it back to them." Luna said. A tear slips form Frisk's eye. Luna pulls Frisk into a hug.

"It's okay, big sister is here." She whispered.

"Thank you. Frisk whispered, smiling softly.

"It's my pleasure, little sister." Luna said, smiling back. Frisk nuzzles Luna.

:Let's go eat. I'm hungry! So hungry I...I could eat a MOON!!" She yells. Luna laughs a little at the joke.

"All right, lets go." She said. Frisk flutters over Luna's head and comes to lay on top of her mane. She hugs one of Luna's ears. Luna's other ear flicks as she looks up at her as they neared the dinning room. Frisk giggled, nuzzling the ear. Luna opens the doors and sees Celestia, Toriel and her family sitting at a table filled with food. Frisk jumps from Luna's head and floats over to the chair by Asriel.

"Hi big brother!" She said happily. Asriel smiles at Frisk and pulls her into a hug.

"Hi little sister!" He said. Toriel smiles warmly at the scene, before yawning. Frisk giggles and returns the gesture.

"I got to be with my sister while she lowered the moon!" She said. Asriel's eyes widen a little.

"Really now?" He asked. Luna sits in a chair right next to Celestia with a cheery look. Frisk nods happily.

"She's the best big sister ever!" She said. At those words, Luna's smile widens.

"Aww, that's so cute." Toriel said.

"Well I guess that makes me their little brother than." Asriel pointed out.

"Well...instead of sitting here, why don't we all eat?!" Frisk said happily.

"That sounds like a good idea." Celestia said. Toriel, Asriel, and Luna all nod and began loading up their plates with food. Frisk was unsure of what to do. Luna notices Frisk not knowing what to do and lifts a pair of pancakes onto her plate.

"Here you go, Frisk." She said with a smile. Frisk smiles.

"Thanks, big sis!" She said. Luna smiles as she eats the food on her plate.

"How do I eat them?" Frisk stares confused at the round discs of dough before her.

"Oh! You spread some butter on it and pour some syrup on them." Luna said, doing so to Frisk's pancakes. "Try them like that." she said.

"But HOW do I eat it? Do I roll it up...or..." Frisk said, confused.

"You eat them normally." Luna said, cutting a slice of pancake and eating it.

"How is normally?' Frisk watches Luna. "Like that?" she asked. Luna nods.

"Pretty much." She said. Frisk looks down at the fork next to her plate, and with her magic she cuts off a small pie of the pancake.

"Is it spicy? I had something spicy at Twilights...I didn't like it..." She said. Luna chuckles and shakes her head.

"No, its not spicy." She chuckles.

"Okay." Frisk said, sounding unsure. Frisk raises the fork to her mouth hesitantly and takes the bite, chewing slowly.

"It'll be alright, Frisk." Luna said. Frisk swallows the pancake that she has in her mouth and smiles.

"Could I get a wee bit more butter, sister?" She asked. Celestia giggled slightly. Luna nods and does what Frisk asked.

"That enough?" She asked. Frisk nods.

"Thanks!" She said happily. Luna smiles and nods. She looks over at Celestia and her smile fades.

"Sister." She said with a emotionless tone. Toriel notices that as Frisk ate, her chitin's color starting to look much better than it did before.

"Yes, Luna?" Celestia asked.

"Don't do it. Don't send her back." Luna said.

"Let's not talk about this during breakfast, Luna." Celestia said.

"No, we will talk about this right now." Luna said.

"Sister, please. This is a private matter, anyway. Just eat." Celestia sighs heavily and finished her salad.

"Fine. But you and I are going to have a long talk." Luna said.

"Fine." Celestia said. Toriel nods off before yawning. Frisk nuzzles Asriel. Asriel smiles at her. Frisk continues to eat. Luna smiles down at Frisk and continues to eat as well.

"Celestia, we have made a decision on what to do with Frisk." Toriel said.

"What would that be?" Celestia asked.

"Yeah? What mommy?" Frisk asked.

"We have decided... to keep Frisk and take care of her." Toriel said. Celestia stays silent for a second.

"That's...nice." She said emotionless. Frisk hugs Asriel.

"You don't sound happy sister. Their doing what's right for Frisk." Luna pointed out. Asriel hugs Frisk back. Toriel smiles as she looks at Asgore, who also has a smile on his face.

"Even though it's only been a few days we've had her, we love her as if she were our own." Asgore said. Frisk smiles.

"I love you, Asriel. My big brother." She said happily. Asriel gives Frisk a small noogie.

"I love you too, little sister." He said. Frisk nuzzles Asriel. Luna smiles at the sight. Celestia eats in silence. Frisk teleports over to Luna and hops into her lap.

"Hi big sister!!" She said happily. Luna looks looks down at Frisk with a smile.

"Hello, little sister." She said happily. Frisk giggles, nuzzling Luna's cheek. Luna smiles widely and places Frisk on top of her head. The changeling squeed happily.

"I'm big!!" She yelled.

"That you are!" Luna said.

"Aww, they're so happy together." Toriel cooed. Frisk nibbles on one of Luna's ears. Luna's other ear twitches as she laughs slightly. There was a knock at the door. Luna looks over with confusion.

"Huh? Who would that be?" She asked.

"I'll see." Celestia said. She gets up and walks over to the door. Luna nods slightly, being careful of Frisk and looks up at her. Celestia opens the door and her eyes widen.

"CHRYSALIS!!!!" She yelled. Luna quickly looks in her direction.

"WHAT!?" She yells. Chrysalis's ears flatten from the volume of Celestia's voice.

"Please... not so loud... I'm... I'm not here to fight." She said, fear was clearly in her voice.

"Please...I know you'll fail again...but fail some other time. I'm not in the mood to battle you." Celestia closes the door and walks back to the table. Chrysalis teleports inside.

"Please... I... I just want to talk." She said.

"What." Celestia said emotionless. Chrysalis rubs her hoof.

"I... I've been thinking about... about what that pony said." She said, pointing at Toriel. "And I've decided, I need your help." She mumbles.

"You what now?" Celestia asked.

"I... need your help..." Chrysalis said, slightly louder. Celestia sighs.

"The one chance I have to enjoy breakfast in peace..." She mutters to herself, then looking back at Chrysalis. "Help with what?" She asked. Chrysalis falls to her knees.

"Please, you got to help my subjects! We're so few left. We used to be in the thousands, now only in the hundreds. I wasn't going to come here, but that ponies words," She said, pointing a hoof at Toriel.

"Hit me to the core, So please! I'll take any punishment for what I did, but please, help my subjects!" She yells as tears form in her eyes. Toriel gasps in shock. Celestia is speechless. Toriel gets up from her chair and walks towards Chrysalis. Chrysalis is on the floor, staring up at Celestia with pleading eyes.

"Please..." She said.

"You didn't need help when you shot me down at that wedding." Celestia deadpaned.

"Please, I did it for my subjects, who were starving, would you've done the same thing if your ponies were starving? Please, I'll take any punishment for what I did, but please, save my subjects." Chrysalis pleaded.

"Sure. I'll "help" your subjects." Celestia made quotations with her hooves. "But if you try anything funny, it's back to the badlands with you." She warned. Chrysalis has a small smile, one that is happy, but she can tell that Celestia is up to something, one that won't end well. Toriel has an idea.

"Celestia, wait." She said.

"What is it?" Celestia asked.

"Why don't we take care of Chrysalis?" Toriel said.

"WHAT!?" Both Celestia and Luna yell. Chrysalis stares at Toriel with wide eyes. There was a glint of hope in them.

"Think about it, if we take care of Chrysalis, we can keep an eye on her, and if she tries something funny, we can report it to you." Toriel said.

"Have fun getting away first. No way I'm letting HER stick around. No thank you." Celestia said, crossing her forelegs.

"Then why are you letting me stay?" Frisk countered.

"Ugh!" Celestia groaned. "You guys can deal with this. I need an haybuprofen." She said. Celestia gets up from the table and leaves. Chrysalis looks over at Celestia, then back at Toriel.

"Wh...Why?" She asked.

"Well, just like with Frisk here, I can't leave someone who's in need of help." Toriel said. She then stares at Chrysalis with a mean look, her mane flowing like fire.

"And Chrysalis, don't you even dare think of taking Frisk away from us." She warned.

"Whatever it takes..." Chrysalis said nervously. Toriel has a bright smile as her mane returns to normal.

"Good!" She said happily.

"Celestia didn't seem too pleased with me being here..." Chrysalis mumbles.

"Well, what did you do to let her be like this?" Toriel asked.

"She just seems upset for some reason..." Frisk said. Luna doesn't say anything. Frisk teleports back over to Asriel and climbs into his lap.

"Hold me, big brother?" She asked, nuzzling him. Asriel smiles down at her and hugs her. Toriel pulls Chrysalis into a hug.

"My subjects need me..." Chrysalis sniffed.

"Is there anything we can help with?" Toriel asked.

"I need love for my changelings..." Chrysalis said.

"I wish there was something we could do to distribute the love." Toriel said.

"I can do that...I just need the love to do it with." Chrysalis said.

"But, how do you get the love?" Toriel asked.

"Any thing friendly...even a simple hug will give me love." Chrysalis said.

"Well then, here you go." Toriel said, hugging Chrysalis. Chrysalis hugs back tightly.

"Thank you..." She said. Frisk giggles and nuzzles Asriel.

"You're the best big brother ever!" She said. Toriel notices that some coloration of Chrysalis's chitin is returning back to normal. She continues to hug her.

"Anything for my little sister." Asriel said.

"I can't tell you how thankful I am, Toriel." Chrysalis said as she was enjoying the hug.

"Thanks." Frisk said happily.

"Please, you may have done something you regretted, but that still doesn't mean that you can't get help." Toriel said. Asriel smiles. Chrysalis pulls away.

"If you knew you wouldn't want to even look at me..." She said. Frisk waves to Luna.

"Please, it can't be as bad as to what my husband did." Toriel said. Luna waves at Frisk with a smile. Frisk holds her little hooves out to Luna.

"I doubt it..." Chrysalis said.

"Oh? What did you do?" Toriel asked. Luna gets up and walks to Frisk. She picks Frisk up. Frisk nuzzles Luna's chest and yawns.

"Something I don't want to talk about..." Chrysalis shudders.

"It's okay if you don't want to talk about it, I won't force you." Toriel said. Luna sits down and holds Frisk close. Frisk gently nuzzles Luna's neck.

"Do... Do you want to stay with us?" Toriel asked. Luna warmly smiles at Frisk.

"I...I can't." Chrysalis said. Frisk yawns deeply and rolls onto her side, facing Luna as she lay in her forelegs.

"Can I sleep with you tonight, sis?" She asked. Luna nods.

"Sure." She said.

"Why? I mean, yea your a changeling, but that's no reason why you can't stay with us. I know you may have done something bad, but you can make it up." Toriel said.

"I can't stay. I must return to my subjects..." Chrysalis said as she moved over to the window, pushing it open.

"Thanks." Frisk said happily. Toriel raises some hoof.

"Wait, why don't we come with you." She said. Luna lays down. Frisk yawns.

"The badlands is full of danger and not safe for anypony." Chrysalis said. Toriel laughs.

"Try living underground. Full of monsters, like walking volcanoes, skeletons, and giant spiders." She said. Luna stands up, holding frisk close and looks at Asgore.

"I'm gonna take care of Frisk if that's alright?" She asked. Asgore nods.

"Go ahead, she's your sister after all." he said, smiling.

"I love you, big sister," Frisk said as she yawns. Luna nuzzles Frisk.

"I love you too, little sister." She said.

'Toriel...I don't belong here just as much as you don't belong where I come from. I'll stop by every now and again...to hopefully get what I need for my changelings." Chrysalis sighed. "M-may I have another hug before I go?" She asked. Toriel nods and smiles.

"Sure." She said, hugging Chrysalis again.

"Thank you, Toriel..." Chrysalis said, returning the hug.

"An early morning nap isn't too much trouble, right?" Frisk asked. Luna shakes her head.

"Not at all." She said. Toriel smiles at Chrysalis.

"Anything for a friend." She said.

"Okay." Frisk said happily as she was carried to Luna's room.

"I...guess I could stay for a bit..." Chrysalis said, smiling at Toriel. Toriel smiles.

"You know Chrysalis, I was a queen too." She said.

"You were? I've never heard of you...you are an alicorn..." Chrysalis said as she hesitantly pulls away from the hug, the feeling of being fed love faded. Toriel rubs the back of her neck.

"Well, I lived underground." She said.

"Why if you're a queen?" Chrysalis asked, tilting her head.

"Well, me, my husband, and our son, aren't... exactly from around here." Toriel said.

"Go on." Chrysalis said as she took a seat, listening closely to her new friend.

"Well, we're from a mountain called Mt. Emit." Toriel said.

"I've never heard of it." Chrysalis said. Frisk jumps from Luna's arms and flutters over to the bed and crawls under the covers.

"Come cuddle me, sis!" Frisk smiled, holding her forehooves out to Luna.

"Well, we're not exactly, from this world." Toriel said. Luna lays down next to Frisk.

"How is that? You're a pony, aren't you?" Chrysalis asked. Frisk yawns, snuggling into Luna's chest, smiling as she closes her droopy eyes.

"Goodnight, Luna. I love you so much..." She yawned. Luna warmly smiles.

"I love you too, Frisk." She said.

"Well, I... wasn't a pony before." Toriel said.

"Is that so?" Chrysalis leaned back in her chair, taking a brownie from one of the dessert displays on the table and takes a small bite. Toriel takes a sip of tea from a cup that's in front of her and nods.

"Yea. Me and Asgore were king and queen for a while, before some stuff happened and we spit up. For a thousand years we were apart." Toriel said.

"Really? Huh. Guess the thousand year thing doesn't exist just here in Equestria. Luna was an evil being named Nightmare Moon for a thousand years, there's this lord of chaos who was turned to stone for a thousand years, and this King Sombra who was defeated and his empire disappeared, like himself for a thousand years." Chrysalis said. Toriel giggles slightly.

"We were king and queen of monsters." She said.

"Interesting." Chrysalis said. Toriel nods. Frisk's breathing slowly dies down and she begins to snore as she falls asleep. Luna curls around Frisk and closes her eyes. Frisk smiles in her sleep.

"I'm leader to a hive, home to thousands of changelings I have to feed. We consume love, but it's hard to get love when all of Equestria hates our species. Good thing we have our shape shifting abilities. If not for that we wouldn't even exist." Chrysalis said.

"Well, while I was queen, we had to make sure that all the monsters were happy. So I guess you could say that we do share something similar." Toriel said.

"I guess so." Chrysalis sighs and lowers her head. Toriel looks at Chrysalis with worry.

"Need another hug?" She asked.

"No, it's just...the things I've done...to do what needs to be done...for the betterment of my kind. They rely on me to feed them, and some of the things I've done to do so...I regret badly..." Chrysalis sniffed.

"I'm sure that you and your hive will make it through." Toriel said as she places a hoof on her shoulder. Chrysalis stares down at her hooves. Toriel opens her eyes and notices that there's a tear falling from Chrysalis's face. She is confused and worried.

"Chrysalis?" She asked.

"It's...really nice to have a friend for a change..." Chrysalis sniffed. Chrysalis lightly sobbed into Toriel's shoulder, hugging her. Toriel is surprised, then hugs her back.

"Thank you..." Chrysalis sniffed.

"Anything for a friend." Toriel said. Chrysalis pulls away with a smile as she wipes her eyes.

"Thank you..." She said again. Toriel nods.

"I better get back to my hive." Chrysalis said. Toriel nods for a second time.

"Take care." She said happily. Chrysalis smiles and nods. Her horn glows and she disappears. Asgore walks up to Toriel with a smile.

"That's my sweetie." He said, wrapping a hoof around her. Toriel blushes slightly.

"Please, I couldn't let anyone, including her, go through stuff like that." She said.

"And that's why I love you." Asgore said.

"I love you too." Toriel said happily.

TO BE CONTINUED

Author's Note:

It's been a while since I posted a chapter for this story, so here's one for you! Enjoy!:twilightsmile: