• Published 9th Jan 2016
  • 9,806 Views, 216 Comments

Alex's Care Taker - SparkStone



When the Care Taker of ponies get sent to Equestria, many rejoice, and many meet the beloved human of the Equines.

  • ...
12
 216
 9,806

Chapter 7

A Memory Long Forgotten

Back at a temporary headquarters of A.K. Yearling, the group takes a good long break in order for Alex to recover. Whether it was luck or coincidence, the poisonous darts that struck Alex had lost their effect for being unused for so long. It didn’t mean that Alex was in no need of treatment, but it wasn’t as bad.

Applejack wasn’t letting him off the hook though.

“You stay in bed mister.” She warned him. “Just take it easy until your fever goes down.”

“AJ, relax.” Alex told her. “It’s not that bad. Honest.”

“Every pony, even Miss Yearling, agreed that you should rest and get better as soon as possible.” She informed him. “We’re not going anywhere until you feel all better.”

“If you say so.” Alex sighed in defeat.

“Good. Now, I’m going to go prepare something for us to eat.”

As Applejack exited the room to cook for everyone, Twilight enters with the book they received from the tomb. She looks at Alex with a solemn expression as if she was full of disappointment towards herself.

“I’m so sorry about what happened Alex.” She apologized. “I should’ve been more careful.”

“It’s alright Twilight.” Alex told her. “They weren’t lethal. So either way, it’s fine.”

“It’s not fine!” She yelled. Holding her mouth, she pauses before looking down with droopy ears. “It’s just… I wasn’t thinking straight, and…”

Alex holds her hoof and gently pulls her to him. When she was at the bed, she received a hug from him. “I’m just glad you’re alright. Whether it was your mistake or mine, it’s fine. So long as you’re okay.”

Twilight blushes a bit, letting the hug continue on for a bit longer. Once it was finished, Twilight showed Alex the book.

“I… This is the book from earlier.”

“That’s the book?” Alex said in surprise. The book looked like a story book. “That’s a bit strange.”

“I thought so too.” Twilight agreed. “But it has your species in it.”

“Really now?” Alex tilted his head, interested in this new information. Having the book in his grasp, he opens it and sees a girl…

… With white hair and red eyes…

His eyes shrunk and his mouth opens a bit. This isn’t a coincidence. The girl in the book resembles her all too well.

But what does she have to do with all of this?

“Alex? Is there something wrong?”

Alex shakes his head. He can’t jump to conclusions just yet. He has to learn more about all of this. “It’s nothing Twilight. I guess I was concerned over nothing.”

“That’s good.” She remarked. “If there’s anything troubling you, just tell me.”

“Right. Now let’s check out this story.”


There once was a little girl who loved this world of magic. She would befriend many beings of beyond and farther. Even though she was human, one of the weakest creatures in this world, she was loved no more nor less.

One day, her human tribe tired of being the weakest. They had no say in the world as well as little magic to control. Using their intellect, they came up with an idea. A theory of multiple worlds existing and one may just be the one they would like to reside in from now on. To be erased from this world so they can rule another.

This will be their final craft in magic before they abandon the world of magic altogether. The human clans banded together and over the course of time, have made the Tomb of Travel. With it, they found a world born without magic.

But the little girl wanted to stay. She refused to leave the world she was born from just for the lust of power. Listening to her plea, they allowed her to do so. In return, she must do one thing.

“You must stay in this Tomb.” They told her. “This will be your home. This will be the place you live and die.”

The little girl agreed before all of the other humans left. So she lived her life in this world of magic.

But this Tomb was not to her liking. Selfishly leaving the place she promised to stay, she left for a world of wonder. She found many friends of amazing capabilities and scoured around for adventure. She was daring, adventurous, but most of all, a friend.

But her selfish desire would not be without consequence. To this day, she has not returned as she promised. The Tomb was left empty and her disappearance was forever left a mystery.


Inside the house of Alex, he rises from his couch in surprise. He looks around the place, surprised that he was back where he was. Getting off of his seat, he walks around and looks at everything in place. It was definitely his house from the looks of it.

But there was something off about it. It seemed as though this was his house before all of the events that occurred. Before Celestia ever came followed by the events that occurred after. As he holds his chin at thought, he hears someone near.

“Hello there.” She spoke. Alex turned around to see it was her, Luna herself! “Do not be alarmed. I only wished to… speak with you.”

The moment of Luna’s pause, she gazed at Alex for but a moment. She felt her heart race a bit out of nowhere. Unsure why this feeling is there, she tries her best to ignore it and continue questioning Alex. “I have… many questions concerning you. I have peered into your dream and felt a bit of familiarity to you, even though this is the first time we’ve met.”

“First time…?” Alex repeated with a raised eyebrow. “Luna, this isn’t my first time meeting you.”

“Have… we met before?” Luna wondered.

“Do you… not remember me?”

Luna only gives a solemn look to the human and nods. “I… am very sorry. It would seem that would be the case for now.”

“I see…” Alex nodded.

“But I do have a theory… One that I hope is not true.” Luna stated. “And I believe you know the answer.”

“What is it?”

“When you met me, was I referred to as… Nightmare Moon?”

Alex was silent for but a moment before responding. “Yes… You were.”

Luna frowns at this, but raises her head. “I see. Alex, whatever I have done to you is unforgivable.”

“Luna, it’s not your fault.”

“It is… At least, that’s how I feel.” Luna tells him. She looks at him with a request. “I wish for you to come to Canterlot as soon as possible. Please meet with me so you can tell me everything. I want for us to discuss this face to face.”

This invitation had Alex somewhat excited. He was about to see Luna again after so long! He smiles greatly and accepts. “Of course Luna! It’s been so long since we’ve seen each other! I’ll come as soon as possible!”

Surprised but happy of his excitement, Luna nods in quiet glee. “I hope for us to get together soon.”


“What are you doing?” Daring questioned somewhat loudly and sternly as she stood by the doorway with a platter holding three soup bowls. Her voice was loud enough to wake up Alex and Twilight, finding that the violet alicorn was resting on his bed as well. She quickly jumped off and quickly started making excuses.

“I was just reading the book with him and then fell asleep! I didn’t mean anything when I did! I was just listening very closely, to the book you see! Because it was important to find what the book was about since it came from the tomb and-”

Twilight was hushed up by Daring by the hoof. She gave her a bowl of soup and said, “I don’t care. I was calling you down for dinner.”

“R-right.” She said blushing immensely. “Um… bye!”

Twilight trotted downstairs as quickly as possible. After she did so, Daring sighed and sat beside Alex’s bed. “So, what’s with you two? Are you going steady or what?”

“No, I’m not.” Alex stated. Daring gave him a bowl of soup as well. The two ate together as Daring started asking more questions.

“Did you happen to find anything about the book?”

“Well, yes.” Alex admitted. “Though, I don’t know what to make of it.”

“That sounds strange when you put it that way.” Daring stated. “So what did you find?”

“This book has a human girl in it.” Alex noted. “Not only that… But she looks the same as my little sister, Rochelle.”

“You have a little sister?” Daring spoke, surprised. Alex nodded and continued.

“She died a couple years back… But seeing someone with her hair and eyes… it’s becoming stranger and stranger…”

“I see…” Daring responded. “This is a lot of information to process. And I still don’t think we’ve learned all there was to that tomb we were in.”

“What do you think we should do?”

Daring stared at the ceiling as she thought about a possible course of action. Within the moment, she looks to Alex and says, “I think I ought to look in the ruins myself for the time being. I’ll call you if I find anything interesting.”

“Are you sure you want that?” Alex asked.

“You have a lot of other ponies you want to see, right? Besides, I took too much of your time and really need to get cracking on these mysteries.”

“I see… Alright then.” Alex nodded.

The two sat quietly, drinking their soup. In a few moments, Daring took something out of her pocket and gave it to Alex. “Oh, and take this just in case.”

“A compass?” Alex said as he held the object in his hand.

“Yup. Just want you to remember this visit.” Daring stated. “But also in case you get lost.”

“Thanks Daring.” He smiled brightly. “I’m glad to come see you again. Even if it was only for a little while.”

The day ends with a new opening to a brand new adventure. One that Alex may find himself trapped in the chaos and tragedy that may unfold. For now, that is a tale for another time.

Author's Note:

Well, I'm still writing.
Thanks for everyone who reminds me that I should not totally forget my work back here, hahaha. :twilightblush:

A lot of changes to the story have been made during the process of making this sequel. And I can't say most of them were my original intentions, but it has gotten much more interesting, so let's keep going!

I hope you all are enjoying this as well.:heart: