• Published 9th Jan 2016
  • 9,807 Views, 216 Comments

Alex's Care Taker - SparkStone



When the Care Taker of ponies get sent to Equestria, many rejoice, and many meet the beloved human of the Equines.

  • ...
12
 216
 9,807

Chapter 4

Alex Day

Alex was putting on the casual attire Rarity had for him. The cerulean blue shirt had dark blue sleeves, with the word RARE written sideways on it in white. Long grey pants stretch down to his ankles, and his shoes were simple dark blue shoe, no strings or buckles. They seem to fit on perfectly.

“I thought you’d prefer something simple, Alex.” Rarity thought. “So, is it to your liking?”

“It’s really nice, thanks Rarity.” Alex smiled.

“You’re quite welcome.” Rarity responded happily. “Honestly, I’d never thought you knew Sapphire Shores! Just how many ponies DO you know of?”

“I can’t remember the number.” Alex stated. “But I can recall if I have ever met them, I believe.”

Suddenly, a screaming Pinkie barges in and continues the long shriek as she makes her way towards Alex. The two covered their ears before Pinkie grabs Alex and shakes him back and forth.

“WE’RE OUT OF FROSTING!!!” Pinkie announced.

“Is… That why you came in screaming like a hoodlum just now?” Rarity questioned, feeling a slight twinge of pain in her ears.

“Well DUH! There’s not enough cupcakes for every pony that showed up for Alex’s party!” She cried out. “I’m so sorry Alex! But there’s not enough treats for every pony!”

She started bursting out larges streams of tears from her eyes. Alex patted her shoulder and said, “It’s alright. We’ll just have to cook up something other than cupcakes. Maybe if you take me to a kitchen and some food, we can make some other dishes.”

“I CAN’T DO THAT EITHER!” Pinkie shouted, flailing her arms about. “Applejack made me Pinkie Promise not to ask for your help for the party because I should be setting it up for you! I thought it’d be fine until I found out so many ponies are coming and everything!!!”

“My, my, this is quite a dilemma.” Rarity stated. “Whatever shall we do…”

“Why don’t you and Applejack cook something else then?” Alex suggested. “I’m sure you two can whip something up for the guests.”

Pinkie gasped and said, “You’re right! I gotta go get Applejack as soon as possible! Thanks Alex, bye!” She said in a speedy slur before dashing off. After she left, Twilight, Rainbow, and Fluttershy arrived.

“Hello Alex.” Twilight greeted. “We’re here to escort you to the plaza.”

“Escort?” Alex repeated. “Why would I need to have an escort?”

“Yes darling, it’s not like he has rabid fans or anything.” Rarity noted.

“You’d be surprised.” Rainbow chuckled.


“Lyra! It’s been way too long! How have you been?”

“Oh my gosh! Alex! Oh my gosh, you’re here! Is this a dream!? Oh my gosh, oh my gosh!” Lyra spoke, gasping for air.

“Come on Alex!” Rainbow told him. “If you keep taking this long, we’ll never reach the podium!”

“Alright, alright.” Alex responded. He gave his farewells as he carefully moved through the crowd of ponies calling out his name. Many mares and stallions were yelling, waving to him and wanting to give greetings. Twilight, Fluttershy, and Rainbow help guide Alex through the sea of ponies, eventually reaching the podium where Mayor Mare waited for him. She moves aside for Alex to take the stage. Looking up, he smiles sheepishly and says the following.

“Uh… To be honest, I wasn’t expecting to make a speech of any kind. I thought it was a party. It’s still nice to see all of you again! I hope I get a chance to talk with each and every one of you, because it’s been too long since we’ve seen each other. So, yeah. Let’s make the most of this day, together!”

From the air, streams of clouds were emitted by several speedy pegasi. Another two squadrons take the air space and decorate the skies with swirls and loops. Tricks fascinated the many, and Rainbow was simply amped.

“Hey! It’s the Wonderbolts!”

The air show went on for a while, giving everyone the energy to shout and cheer. After they finished up, three pegasi fly down to the podium, and the leader takes off her goggles.

“Alex! It’s been too long dude.”

“Spitfire! I should’ve known.” Alex laughed. “I see you’ve taken the helm of Wonderbolts even better than last time!”

“WAIT A MINUTE!!!” Rainbow screamed, her face up to Alex’s. “YOU TWO KNOW EACH OTHER!?”

“Yeah, she came to my world too.” Alex stated.

“Oh, you two know each other?” Spitfire grinned. “So Rainbow, what do you think of Alex?”

Rainbow took a moment to soak in all of the news. “He’s… Really cool.”

“Isn’t he?” Spitfire laughed. She flew by his side and whispered something only she and Alex can hear. “Hey, by the way. Can you do those… belly rubs later?”

“Spitfire.” Alex said, raising an eyebrow. “Are you sure you want that…?”

“Yes…” She said, smiling with red cheeks. Rainbow Dash nearly fainted at the sight. One of her role models are such good friends with the alien? It was a sight to see, especially with how Spitfire being so casual around him.

“Alex!” Derpy called, tugging his shirt. Getting his attention, she turns to her bag and pulls out dozens of letters. “You have, like, a lot of mail! And this package. And this box of chocolate.”

“Oh! Chocolate?” Alex repeated with excitement. When he opened the box, it was empty of sweets, and merely full of wrappers. He looked at Derpy as she grinned sheepishly and said, “Whoops…”

“It’s alright Derpy.” Alex laughed. He looked at the letters and read the addresses. “Hmm… Whoa, looks like I have a lot to do.”

“What do you mean?” Twilight asked.

“It seems there are some friends even farther than I thought…” Alex sighed. “I don’t know how I’m going to reach them.”

Twilight pats Alex’s shoulder and says, “I’m sure we’ll find a way.”

“Look, whoever you want to see later can wait.” Rainbow told him. “But we should focus on the ponies that are already here. Especially since the Wonderbolts are here.”

“You have that right.” Spitfire agreed, chiming in with a relaxed gaze over Alex. “It’s been too long since we talked. We should catch up. Also, if you need some help with traveling, I’m sure I can hook you up with some rides. We have tours here and there pretty often.”

Alex smiled at the offer and accepted. “That’d be great Spitfire! It might be a bit off the charts though. Some places might seem strange from the looks of it.”

“Not a problem! But first, I want you to come to a show of ours.” Spitfire told him. “I want to show you how we do things in the Wondebolts.”

“Sure, why not?”

Rainbow gently pulled Alex away from the group and quickly tells him something. “You have GOT to take me to that show!”

“I don’t see why not.” Alex shrugged. “Honestly, I thought you girls were coming with me.”

“Why us?” Twilight asked, walking into the conversation.

“Well, it seems that I might need some more company just in case, and there’s just something about all of you that seem very trustworthy. I know of Applejack and a bit of Pinkie Pie, sure, but just meeting the rest of you feels much more fun and vibrant. Also, I feel as if you should watch Applejack in case she starts breaking into care taker again.”

“I think I can agree to that.” Twilight accepted.

“Sweet! Don’t worry Alex! From here on out, I’m your wing partner!” Rainbow told him. “This is gonna be so cool!”

As the day went on, someplace in Alex’s mind was another thought. He knew that there’d be one pony that would have definitely showed up after seeing the newspaper. The fact that she didn’t come confused him, and he had a wonder in his mind.

I wonder where you are…


Meanwhile, somewhere far away from the jurisdictions of Equestria, another land of great freedom continues its bustling life of diversity. Ponies, griffons, dragons, and even changelings live in harmony. The cities are crowded with busy but intriguing lives, and the places from shops to parks are packed with all kinds of visitors.

Speaking of visitors, over in the castle, the king’s domain that rules them all, has Princess Celestia visiting the capital, Evera. The Princess is seated across from King Eleron as he and the Princess continue to discuss the trading between their lands. Everything goes accordingly to plan, and the relationships between these two kingdoms go very smoothly.

“Fantastic.” Eleron tells the Princess. “Resources that you have is just what I needed for my citizens.”

“Of course.” The Princess nods. “And I can say the same to you. We can use a bit more iron for our buildings over in the cities.”

“Haha, I knew things would go well.” Eleron tells the Princess. “After all, our kingdom is known to have every kind of creature living in the Alfree Kingdom living a life of freedom as they please. And yours is known for friendship and equality.”

“Indeed. And going to the city and seeing the changelings themselves was amazing. No disguises whatsoever. I wonder how you manage to keep them all fed.”

“We found our ways, and we found a way for all of us to live the way we do. It was a difficult journey, but in the end, even Changelings joined our community.”

“A proud accomplishment, I see.”

“Indeed.”

The waiters brought them both tea, and they both took a sip. After the two left and the king and princess enjoyed their drink, Eleron asked a question.

“So, Princess, if I may be so bold, are you… seeing any pony?”

Princess Celestia nearly chokes her tea down her throat before quickly regaining composure, and replying, “No, not… at the moment. I’m simply just… waiting for some pony…”

“Waiting?”

“It’s very complicated…” she says solemnly. She looks down and recalls the man she fell for, but can no longer see. Even though he has probably moved on, and she too should move on, the thought of the chance that he may come here in this world was too much to pass up. Alex might come back, thanks to Charles technologic wisdom. All she has to do is believe that Alex is still caring for ponies, and Charles is working on new blueprint for the new passageway.

But alas. It’s been two years since then, and the first year passing by was fine, until she saw the couples strolling by her castle.

The Ferris wheel, the Couple’s Cake, the bath, everything she has done with him is now but a memory, and no matter how she tells the loving stories, no one will believe her. It’s almost as if…

It was just a dream.

“Well…” Eleron speaks up. “If you ever stop waiting, I’d love to have dinner with you, if you have time.”

“That’s nice, but we must finish what business we have to discuss.” Princess Celestia tells him. “I can’t have my sister ruling alone for too long. She dislikes the responsibility alone now.”

“Hmm… Yes, of course. Let’s continue then…”

Author's Note:

Okay, sorry it took me so long to post this chapter, but with everyone wanting to distance Alex and Celestia a while longer, I had to scratch old plans to make room for more content. So yeah, we'll be getting on the track of things one more time, but that of course doesn't mean you'll be getting a chapter super soon with guarantee.

Hope you enjoy the chapter! We'll be off to...(Guess where the next chapter is taking place.)