• Published 9th Jan 2016
  • 9,802 Views, 216 Comments

Alex's Care Taker - SparkStone



When the Care Taker of ponies get sent to Equestria, many rejoice, and many meet the beloved human of the Equines.

  • ...
12
 216
 9,802

Chapter 10

Back Together Again

Princess Celestia opens the doors to see her home, a place she has left for quite a while. What seems so familiar like yesterday also felt like a year has passed. The difference between her kingdom and the kingdom of Alfree were so significant that she had believed Equestria had become welcoming to the other creatures across the land.

But she knew it was home because her sister was waiting for her here. Her little sister had been once again left to the duties alone. Although short, Celestia knew she would be overburdened with her duties. The day court can be a tiresome affair and the difficulty of the night court can squeeze the patience if left to handle both on one's own ability.

But her big sister is back now to get back to her duties. As she walked peacefully across the halls of her pristine palace thanks to her hard working little ponies, she noticed a group of familiar ponies by the entrance. It was Twilight and her friends! She had no idea why they were in Canterlot. The thought of it being a surprise was unlikely since the master of celebratory events was standing by her faithful student. No streamers or colorful artillery in sight.

“Twilight?” the princess speaks, causing her little violet student to jolt in shock. “What a surprise! What are you doing here?”

“Princess Celestia!” she calls out before bowing to her. “I’m sorry for not mentioning our visit! There’s just a creature we would really like you to meet!”

“A creature? How curious.”

“He’s super cool!” Rainbow tells her.

“And very kind,” Fluttershy adds.

“And he has a lot of friends!” Pinkie exclaims.

“And he’s quite the gentlemen,” Rarity mentions.

“I see!” she says before looking around to see no stranger with them. “So… Where is he?”

“Uuuh…” Spike spoke before saying, “He might’ve gotten lost on the way.”

“I doubt it,” Applejack states. “The castle can be seen from even the edge of the city, and he’s not one to get lost too easily.”

“Princess, I believe a guest has entered the castle not too long ago,” a guard mentioned.

“That must be him!” Twilight deduced. “Where did he go?”

“I believe he went to visit Princess Luna.”

The girls and Spike exchanged shocked and surprised looks. Princess Celestia was confused as they talked amongst themselves.

“Does he… know, Princess Luna?” Fluttershy thought.

“No, no, no,” Twilight waved the idea off. “Princess Luna hasn’t disappeared ever since she came back to Canterlot!”

“Wait, how old is he?” Rainbow wondered.

“Is he… like an alicorn?” Pinkie Pie said, having the sudden shiver that he’s possibly an old man.

“Well, if he’s here, why don’t we go look for him?” Celestia suggested. “I was just on my way to see Luna. We’ll go together.”


Alex and Luna began walking together in the garden after enjoying their cup of tea. Luna looks at her human companion, relaxed as he sits on the bench next to her. They watch the geese pass by and the little animals frolick. His presence comforts her greatly, as if his warmth was enough to put away even the most stressful of days she had to put up with.

Managing the day court and night court was hard, although she could never admit to it since she insisted on taking on the responsibility since it was only for a while. Her hard work felt worth it knowing that Alex was by her side. A warmth that is on par with her sister’s.

She finds herself leaning on Alex without realizing when she had done it. During her trance, she apparently had lied her head on his. Alex says nothing, letting the weary Luna rest on his shoulders. He knew that Luna was tired from their tea time together. The revelation wasn’t a light one either. Luna isn’t one to reflect lightly on her past. Even if she’s no longer Nightmare Moon, the pony he met is still there. Still there, only shining like a star in the night. The bright side of the moon facing him.

The tranquil moment suddenly stops when a growl has Luna rise from her rest and scan the area quickly. She quickly got off the bench and scanned the garden to see where the snarl had come from and what creature would dare to even think about entering the heavily guarded castle and infiltrate the garden.

The noise is heard once again, but this time Luna can feel it. She looks down at her stomach and realize that she was quite famished. Tea isn’t one to alleviate the hunger that had been building up over today. She had light meals because of how much she was thinking about Alex’s upcoming visit. Alex chuckles some at an embarrassed Luna before petting her mane.

“Thank you for coming to my aid,” Alex told the princess of the night. “If I may, can I treat you to a meal? I will need to borrow your kitchen.”

Luna smiles at Alex. His words were familiar like from an old friend and yet charming in his concern for her. “That would be grand.”

Alex stood up and walked with Luna inside the castle. They made their way to the kitchen where the head chef and his team were checking over their food and upcoming meals. They pause their actions however when Princess Luna comes into view and perform a respectful bow to her presence.

“Excuse me,” Alex says to the head chef. “Would you mind if I used your kitchen? I’d like to prepare a meal for the Princess and I.”

“We can make the meal, there’s no need for any involvement,” The head chef ensures him.

“If you would let him,” Princess Luna spoke with a soft tone. “It has been a while since I have had a meal from him. I wish to remember what it was like.”

The head chef nodded and made way for Alex. The head chef had the others assist with Alex in finding any ingredients he needed and let him focus on cooking. A lot of eyes were on him and he soon realized that he needed to put on a food display to win their faith for occupying their cooking quarters.

Alex didn’t falter and mustered up his spirit to decide on something special for Luna. There was a dish she really loved and he might be able to make it again. The head chef watched closely as Alex requested ingredient after ingredient, watching him calmly and efficiently cut the ingredients and prepare everything swiftly without missing a beat. The others were impressed by how well he was performing. It wasn’t long until he finished his dish and the chefs were left to ponder what it was. Luna however was able to recall what it was from the familiar shape.

“Is that… A samosa?” Luna asked.

“Do you remember what they’re called?” Alex spoke, grinning at her. “That’s right. Try one.”

There was enough for everyone in the room. Upon tasting the contents, they were shocked by the flavor that emerged from the angled treat. The crispy feel complimented the relieving filling of potatoes and peas. Luna was enjoying such a familiar and warm sensation washing over her once more. Alex enjoyed the sight of the ponies being quite happy of his creation.

“You must tell me the recipe of this… Samosa,” the Head Chef told Alex.

“Of course. I’ll write it down so you can prepare Princess Luna some more if she ever wants it.”

Luna pouted at Alex, wanting him to be the one who makes it if she ever wants one. She wants Alex to stay with her at the castle and learn about him all over again. As she pondered at her wants, a guard enters the room.

“Princess!” the guard called out. “Your sister is here looking for you. Twilight Sparkle and her friends are also with her.”

Luna realized that her sister was returning today! How it slipped her mind is beyond her. She looks to Alex who was also surprised at the news.

“Celestia...” Alex muttered to himself.

“Why don’t we go to the throne room and wait for her there?” Luna suggested. “It’d be rude to keep her waiting.”

Alex smiled at her and agreed. “Yes, we should go and see her.”


Princess Celestia peeked into Princess Luna’s room, only to find it empty. She closes the door and looks at her faithful student. “It seems the two have gone someplace else in the castle.”

“Oh… I wish he just stayed and waited for us,” Twilight sighed.

Another guard approaches the princess with more information to pass on. “Princess Celestia! Princess Luna and her guest are currently waiting in the throne room for you.”

“That’s not too far,” Celestia thought aloud. “Let’s go, my little ponies.”

“Alright, no more hide and seek!” Rainbow stretched, somewhat tired of the wild goose chase.

“I hope you like him, Princess,” Applejack told her. “He’s a real nice fella.”

“Well, I can’t wait to meet your mystery friend.”

They approach the doors to the throne room. The guard informs the princess that they were instructed to wait outside for their privacy. Celestia couldn’t help but grow more curious as she watched Twilight peak into the room and hear her say, “He’s here!”

They all enter the throne room to see Luna’s backside facing them. Luna was talking with a tall figure who was hard to see as most of him was hidden by Luna. After the throne room doors close, Luna’s ears perk up and she turns around. Luna’s talk with Alex stops when their gaze turns to Celestia and the others.

Celestia stares at him once Alex comes into full view. The human that makes her heartbeat stood there, stunned to see Celestia despite having prior knowledge that she would likely be here in Canterlot. Twilight steps forward and says, “Princess Celestia, I would like you to meet-”

“Alex?” She spoke in quaking breath. She could barely contain herself as she automatically walked forward without even realizing it.

Alex calmly approaches Celestia as his heart begged him to move forward. He has on a calm smile, the same one that comforted Celestia on her days on Earth.

Twilight and her friends were confused at what was going on. Their minds were at a pause when they realized Celestia knew his name before Twilight could even introduce him.

When Celestia was close to Alex, she placed her hoof on his face.

“You’re here… You’re really here...” Celestia spoke, tears rolling down her cheeks.

“Yes, I’m here now Celestia,” Alex told her with tears of his own.

Celestia pulls him into her chest and holds onto him. As if to make sure that he doesn’t suddenly disappear like in her dreams. Luna watched the two embrace each other’s company, somewhat solemn about how close they were despite how long it was ago. Twilight and company were wigging out at the revelation behind the relationship between Alex and Celestia. Finally, after Celestia releases him from her embrace, Alex looks up and brushes his hand across her cheek to wipe away the tears.

“It’s good to see you again.”

Author's Note:

There were so many comments and faves still coming in for this story. I decided to try and continue it based off of my original plans for it. In other words, Yes, you all finally pushed me enough to continue. Not that I'm complaining.

If you like to donate money, I opened up a Ko-Fi page.
https://ko-fi.com/sparkstone

But to be totally clear, this story is 100% free and won't demand a cent out of you. This is merely a donation you can give me if you want to. So don't sweat it too much and enjoy the story when it's available.

Donating is a sign of goodwill, that's it. You're not paying me like it's a job, and I do this because you deserve it and I should at least try to finish it. That's how the dice rolls down. :twilightsmile:

Featured 11/17/2020