• Published 9th Nov 2015
  • 1,879 Views, 45 Comments

Star and Marco vs The Forces of Harmony - Mega NewWays97



Wake and find your the reincarnation of a Ancient Chaos Spirit? For Marcoeverything when down from there. Now the question is what happens first, Does he go insane like the one before him, or is a stone statue his future prison?

  • ...
4
 45
 1,879

The Bacon Haired Girl

Author's Note:

Edited by m2pt5/Emtu

In an alley, under the cover of night, a portal ripped open. A cloaked figure stepped out... and seemed to almost fall over on her own two feet. “Okay, going to take some getting used to,” the feminine voice said as the cloak was pulled down to reveal red and yellow hair. “Now where is Discord’s vessel?” she asked.


“Star, really?” Marco asked. The house was covered in wild vines which seemed to grow continuously. As for how this happened... leaving your spare charger with plants and a bit of day old yogurt was a terrible combo.

“It's not REALLY my fault that the magic reacted to the charger! Do the little snap, snap thingy to make the plants dance away or something funny like that! Narwhal blast!” Narwhals shot out of her wand, their horns cutting through the plants, making adorable noises as they did so.

“I like this one, so fun and random! Not completely chaotic but that's OK. In time, dear friends.”

Marco let out a sigh, cutting the advancing plants with a large kitchen knife, “We are not friends and you are not touching her! Besides, I bet this was all your fault anyway!”

“Oh no, dear boy, this was all you and your friend Star. I am an artiste! I will not take credit for another's art!”

“You’re technically me!” Marco exclaimed as he cut off a vine that tried to grab his arm.

“Yes, so if it is my fault doesn’t that make it your fault?” ...Discord had a point, Marco would give him that.

“Well then how about making these vines disappear?” Marco gave a snap, instead of the vines disappearing they morphed into a plant dragon. Marco and Star went wide eyed at this.

“Well that would be no fun would it? You're still learning boy! You ARE pure chaos! Stop being so picky and orderly.”

The plant dragon advanced on them, being held back slightly by the flying, cutting hearts and narwhals, but ultimately advancing. “Marco if you have a plan USE IT!” Star cried out as she was grabbed, the wand falling out of her hand and skidding across the room.

Marco looked at Star before screaming. “What am I supposed to do then, Discord?!?”

“First off, relax. Angry chaotic magic is very bad, eldritch horrors and all that. Take a breath, calm down, and just follow the flow of the magic. It's smart, it'll think of something. Think of it like improv comedy, roll with the punches.” Marco looked at the plant monster holding his best friend in its grasp. He took a long and deep breath, following the mental guiding hand of Discord as he brought up his hand and snapped.

The dragon turned into a bunny with flowers for eyes and vines making up its body. It tried to roar, but only a squeak came out. “Now the joke.”

“I guess that dragon got a little harey at the end, huh Star?”

“That’s a terrible pun.” Discord deadpanned.

‘I’m not great at comedy.’ Marco thought back.

Well then I know what our next lesson will be.”


The next day, as Marco waited by the lockers to see Jackie (like always,) Discord decided to speak up. “You realize that you have no chance right?” Discord asked him, “Also this is boring and too routine.”

‘Hey I do have a chance!’ Marco snapped back at him.

“Keep telling yourself that, and you’ll be insane in no time. No wait, that would mean you’d be fun. Wait... never mind, insane humans are scary.”

Macro looked at his watch. ‘Strange, she’s late.’

“Or maybe you accidentally slowed time?” Finally Jackie could be seen leading a girl with bacon colored hair and what seemed to be yellow skin. “You have got to be kidding me,” Discord said.

“What? Jackie showing a new student around, what’s so strange about that, besides the obvious?” Marco asked him.

“Look closely and focus only on her,” Discord said with a stoic voice. Marco did and nothing seemed strange... until an image of a yellow unicorn with a sun tattoo on her butt appeared over her for a moment.

“...Why must it be unicorns? Always. Magic things are scary!” He remembered back to the pixies, the marriage rituals.

“Well, she's from the world that shattered my body, watch out and be careful, by which I mean act normal for you. She’ll see Star and try to approach, she’s most likely cut off from her magic but will have other tricks. Chaos is your last resort in this case, understand?”

“Wow... that's pretty logical for you…” Marco rubbed the back of his arm, not liking the idea of putting Star in danger.

“Next lesson. As in harmony, there is a place for logic in chaos. It helps you make long term plans.”

The girl looked at Marco. She saw him looking at her. ‘Hmmm.’

“So what do you have as first period?” Jackie asked the disguised unicorn.

“I haven’t gotten my schedule yet,” she replied.

“Okay Sunset, let’s go get it,” Jackie said as Sunset followed her.

As Marco and Star took their seats, their teacher turned to them. “Alright class, we have a new foreign exchange student, please welcome Sunset Shimmer.” Walking into the classroom was the girl from before.

‘Great what else could go wrong?’ Marco asked himself.

Star jumped up to great Sunset. “Never. Tempt. Fate.”

“HI! My name is Star Butterfly and, who are you and, how is your skin so orange, and why does your hair smell like bacon?!?” Sunset was taken aback for a moment by Star’s questions.

“You remind me of a friend of mine... who also doesn't know the meaning of personal space.” Sunset pushed Star away a bit, not to reject her but to gain her personal space back.

Star gasped and got in her face once more, then smiled widely. “So you WILL be my friend?” Star bounced in place, her blond locks bouncing with her.

“Yes?” Sunset let out an utterly confused answer which prompted Star to seemingly fly back to her desk with the widest grin possible for her.

Miss Skullnick let out a sigh, then Sunset turned to her and let out a small scream. “Troll!”

“I am not a troll! You can sit by Marco, that's the only free desk in the class.” Miss Skullnick sighed and pointed to the the free desk at the front of the room. “Damn kids…”

Sunset awkwardly walked to her desk, wondering why magic was coming off so strongly form the two humans beside her... Star and Marco. “Um... have you two seen anything strange? Clouds that rain chocolate or dancing chairs?”

Just before Star could answer, Macro interrupted. “No, there hasn’t been any of that,” Marco said with an awkward chuckle. He whispered to Star, “Don’t tell her anything, I’ll explain later.”

Sunset gave them both a glare. ‘He’s hiding something.’

‘Why is she glaring at us?’ Marco asked.

“She can sense the magic coming off both you and Star, we are lucky that the magic happens to be the wand’s that she’s sensing and not your own,” Discord commented, “We need a distraction… where is that imp?”

“Ok, so, Marco, what was that you needed to explain?” she asked.

‘Hey Discord you mind explaining it?’ Marco asked. A minor twinge in his head was felt as Discord accessed the telepathy to Star.

“I’ll explain, Star you know that my body was destroyed then I was reincarnated as Marco? Well now you're not the only girl from another dimension in town.”

Star looked to Sunset and began to smile, and then she jumped over Marco to tackle hug the new arrival. “YAY! Oh I have so much to show you, come on!” Star jumped up, took out a pair of scissors, cut a hole open in the air, then jumped through with Sunset in tow while Miss Skullnick kept teaching the rest of the class. Everyone was used to it by now.

Discord began to laugh, “Oh how I wish I was that girl. Almost as chaotic as I. Almost.”

“Star’s alone with someone who could hurt her!” Marco’s fist tightened as he jumped through the portal impulsively in pursuit of the two girls. Marco fell into a roll and landed where Star was forcing Sunset to dance to the club music.

Discord sighed in his head. “Poor impulse control, boy, going after Star and Bacon Bits.”

“Marco, hey! You followed us for a dance party?!?” Star asked. Sunset looked reasonably creeped out.

‘She’s too chaotic... wait could she be Discord?’ Sunset asked herself. Another tear opened up as Ludo and his men appeared.

‘How did they find us?’ Marco asked.

“About that, you don’t think you're being watched, do you? Like, right now?” Discord asked.

“What’s going on?” Sunset asked, turning to Star and Marco.

Star let out a ‘bleh’ sound. “It's that creep Ludo, he wants my family relic wand.” She took it out and shouted “Narwhal blast!” knocking some of Ludo’s men off, who fell into a portal they made. Marco proceeds to drop kick one off.

“You missed the perfect chance for a falling pun.”

“Shut up Discord! This is your fault!” Star was also beating on most of them with a combination of attacks, the rave in the background only getting more extreme as Sunset watched from the sidelines in a state of confusion as the epic battle played out with Star and Marco winning, as usual.

Star did a little dance then blew a raspberry at them in the most insulting manner she knew. Ludo was getting mad, on the verge of throwing a tantrum. “Enough, grab the other girl!” Ludo yelled, pointing at Sunset.

The horn-headed one grabbed her. “Hey, let me go,” Sunset growled.

“Give us the wand and your new friend doesn’t get hurt!” Ludo tried to ransom.

Discord laughed within Marco’s head. “Wow he must not be that bright.”

‘What is that supposed to mean?’ Marco asked.

“Watch.”

Sunset rolled her eyes. “Yeah, how about no?” With a flash in her eyes she disappeared and reappeared behind the monster to blast it with a magic beam.

“Not another one!” Ludo said with a desperate tone.

Star and Sunset stood back to back, Star’s wand out, Sunset pointing a finger gun at Marco. Magic gathered on the tip of Sunset’s finger while the sound of nachos was heard from Star’s wand.

“Am I hearing... nachos?”

“A woman after my own heart.”

“Nuclear nacho cheese ray!” A large projectile of nacho cheese hit Ludo, while Sunset’s magic looked tiny by comparison. The platform was covered by cheese while the portal closed. Everyone kept partying, even eating the cheese, except for one sentient slice of cheese that was screaming and sobbing.

“The horror!” it cried out as it melted to join the hot cheese covering the floor. Star giggled and patted Sunset’s head.

“Why is she so bad Marco?” Star tilted her head, smiling.

Sunset looked at Marco, then she scanned him for a moment and felt it. She felt the chaotic magic coming off him for just a moment. ‘He is Discord!’ She was shocked that the chaos entity was not the chaotic girl! Then it hit her, ‘Of course he’s hiding in plain sight.’

“Ahhh,” Marco started but Discord then spoke up.

“Take the scissors and leave now!”

‘That’s a terrible idea,’ Marco countered.

“Yeah, well, I think Star may have blown your cover.”

“Well, is that so bad? Show them I don't mean any harm.”

“You have no idea do you?”

“DISCORD!” Marco took a magic blast to the chest, not taking any damage as it simply bounced off.

Sunset took out what looked like a mirror. A portal opened up and she dove into it. “What just happened?” Star asked.

“We’d better be ready, in your current state Celestia and Luna are going to have a field day with you.”

‘Who?’ Marco asked.