• Published 9th Nov 2015
  • 2,795 Views, 80 Comments

Science Trick - Lvl11Bard



After transferring to CHS, Twilight Sparkle encounters a magician that sends her feelings spiraling.

  • ...
4
 80
 2,795

Partying

Twilight and Trixie locked eyes, forgetting the rest of the room around them. In her torrent of emotions throughout the day, Trixie completely forgot the possibility of Sparkle being at the party. On the other side of the room, Twilight was arguing with herself, unable to decide if the universe had given her a blessing, or was just messing with her. It wasn't until Applejack spoke up that the girls were brought back to reality.

“Well shucks Trixie, what brings you to our little shindig?”

“Oh, Trixie, uh, didn't have any plans tonight and Sunset invited her,” Trixie replied while avoiding eye contact. “Trixie hopes she's not unwelcome.”

“Don't be silly!” Pinkie bounced over and grabbed Trixie's hands. “The more the merrier! Come on, I was just about to whoop Rainbow and Applejack in some video games. You can be our fourth!”

“S-sure,” Trixie stammered as she was dragged over to the TV and sat down.

“It's great to see ya here, Trixie,” Applejack smiled to the new comer.

“Yeah,” Pinkie cheered, “I'm happy we can get past the battle of the bands and be friends.”

“Trixie is surprised you're all so welcoming, but she isn't upset by it,” Trixie responded, still a little uncomfortable.

“Well, when a princess of friendship from another dimension comes along and tells ya that yer the elements that hold friendship together, you tend to be on the more forgiving side. Just look at Sunset over there.” Applejack explained.

“Hey! What is that supposed to mean?” Sunset asked from across the room.

“Calm down, Ah'm just teasin,” Applejack laughed.

“Still, Trixie appreciates the second chance,” Trixie said as she smiled.

“Yeah, we're awesome like that,” Rainbow boasted as she picked up a controller, “but that doesn't mean I'm going to go easy on you in this game.”

Trixie's competitive side sparked as she grabbed another controller. “Bring it, but Trixie must warn you, she does not lose easily.”

The girls started the game and began playing. However, despite Trixie's best efforts, she struggled to focus, for her eyes kept glancing to Twilight.

“Of course she has to have bunnies of all things on her pyjamas,” Trixie muttered to herself with a light blush on her cheeks. “Why does she have to look so cute?”

“Boom! Headshot! I thought you'd be at least a little good at this game,” Rainbow laughed.

“What!? N-no fair!” Trixie complained.

Meanwhile, on the other side of the room, the rest of the girls were sitting on Pinkie's bed. Twilight was struggling with her own thoughts with Trixie's apparel, which consisted of a dark blue tank top and matching boy shorts. The purple girl had to use all of her willpower to not stare at the long, smooth legs that Trixie was casually showing off. Unlike Trixie, though, Twilight's blush was deep and her posture was rigid.

“Sunset, darling, would you come here for a moment? We need to talk,” Rarity asked sweetly.

“Sure, no problem,” Sunset replied happily as moved to sit next to Rarity.

As soon as Sunset got comfortable, her collar was grabbed by an ivory hand and she was pulled to Rarity's face.

“What do you think you're doing?” Rarity questioned angrily.

“What? What'd I do?” Sunset cowered with wide eyes.

“What did you do?” Rarity started incredulously. “Well, let's see. When we find out that our friend has a insecurity about her sexuality, you go out of your way to invite her crush, who she already has a rocky relationship with, to a private gathering that is infamous for producing some of the most lewd fantasies in the most perverse minds.”

“Oh, that,” Sunset laughed as she pried Rarity's hand off of her shirt. “Don't worry about it. I know what I'm doing.”

“Really? Because it already looks like our dear Twilight is already on the verge of breaking down,” Rarity countered.

“I'm fine,” Twilight's squeaked, “just wishing I chose different sleepwear for tonight.”

“Why? I think your PJ's are adorable,” Fluttershy tried to comfort her friend.

“There not really something you want to be caught in by someone you like though,” Twilight whispered. “She keeps giving me weird looks. She probably thinks I'm a total loser...”

Sunset chuckled. “It's not as a bad as you think, Twi.”

“And how can you be so sure?” Rarity pressed.

“I can't really say. You'll just have to trust me on this,” Sunset rubbed the back of her head and smiled awkwardly.

“I'm not happy about it, but if Twilight is okay, then I'll stay silent. We've already had enough embarrassment today.”

“Why, what happened?” Sunset asked.

Rarity and Twilight both coughed as Rarity waved her hand. “Nothing, darling. How are you doing, Twilight?”

“I'll be fine. I just have to be careful and hope for no surprises,” Twilight responded as she took a deep breath.

“Hey,” Trixie greeted, now behind Twilight, causing the purple girl to yelp and fall off the bed.

The others rushed to where Twilight fell as Trixie knelt down.

“Trixie didn't meant to scare you,” Trixie explained with concern in her voice. “Are you-”

Trixie suddenly stood and turned her head, her cheeks growing red. Twilight, from her up side down position, looked at the magician with confusion until Rarity leaned over the bed and gasped.

With a small blush of her own, Rarity leaned closer and whispered. “Twilight, your shirt.”

Twilight turned her head and was horrified to see that her shirt had rode up during her fall and was now exposing her entire stomach and a tiny amount of her chest. With another yelp, Twilight righted herself and pulled down her shirt down, her face burning with embarrassment.

“Sorry,” Trixie stated, still avoiding looking down.

“Um, was there something you needed, Trixie?” Fluttershy asked.

“Oh, uh, Pinkie wanted Trixie to ask you if you wanted to play a game,” Trixie replied.

“Why didn't she ask us herself?” Sunset pressed.

“She still playing video games... Trixie was the first one eliminated...” Trixie pouted.

“I think a game would be splendid,” Rarity exclaimed, trying to defuse the situation.

The others finished with the their video game and joined their friends in the center of the room.

“So Pinkie, what did you have in mind?” Sunset asked.

“How about a game of charades!” Pinkie suggested as she ran over to her closet and pulled out a small cloth bag.

When the rest of the group agreed, Pinkie clapped happily. “Alrighty then. We'll play in teams of two. The team with the best time wins!”

“Me and Fluttershy! Called it!” Rainbow shouted as she wrapped her arm around her yellow friend. “We're always on the same team.”

“Fluttershy and I,” Rarity corrected.

“Uh, no, I already called dibs on her,” Rainbow looked weirdly at Rarity.

Before Rarity could respond, Applejack sat next to her. “Don't worry Rare, Ah'll be on yer team.”

Rarity sighed. “Sure, that sounds fine.”

“And I'll be with Sunset!” Pinkie proclaimed.

The two remaining girls, Twilight and Trixie, glanced to each other.

“Um, wanna team up?” Trixie asked quietly.

“S-sure,” Twilight replied.

The teams took turns pulling out pieces of paper from the bag and acting out what was written. Twilight and Trixie were the last to go. Currently, Fluttershy were winning at two minutes and four seconds.

“Trixie will act it out,” Trixie offered. “She's used to performing.”

Trixie walked over and pulled a piece of paper out of the bag. The blue girl walked into the centre of the room and read the one word on her paper: Rowing. Trixie shrugged and faced Twilight.

“OK, three, two, one... Go!” Pinkie shouted as she started the timer.

Trixie, thinking this would be easy, held up her finger.

“One word,” Twilight nodded in confirmation.

Trixie tapped her nose and smiled. Then she balled her fists and started making circular motions with her arms as if she were rowing a boat. However, Twilight seemed to freeze instead of giving an answer. Trixie decided she would try to show that she was propelling herself by thrusting her hips as well. Again, Twilight didn't answer and Trixie was wondering why her partner looked like she was getting flustered. Trixie was growing frustrated as she tried to emphasize her movements by biting her lower lip and grunted with each move.

“Um, I, uh, is it-” Twilight stammered before she was interrupted.

“And time! Looks like Rainbow and Fluttershy win!” Pinkie announced.

“It was rowing!” Trixie explained as she let her arms drop.

“Ohh, that makes much more sense,” Twilight giggled to herself awkwardly, her face still a deep red.

“Why? what were you thinking?” Trixie asked.

“Nothing!” Twilight answered quickly. “I was drawing a blank.”

Trixie shook her head and sat back down. She couldn't understand what was wrong with Sparkle. It was totally obvious! Trixie did her part perfectly. She moved her arms and thrust her hips... right... in... Sparkle's... face. Trixie groaned internally. She just wanted to avoid being weird around Sparkle. Trixie didn't want to know what would happen if Twilight found out about her feelings. She might freak out like Fuchsia and Lavender. Trixie shuddered, not wanting to lose her new friends as well.

“Is anyone hungry?” Pinkie asked. “Cause I bought a ton of ice cream for tonight.”

“What flavors?” Rainbow asked.

“All of them,” Pinkie stated as a matter of fact.

“Fat free?” Rarity pressed.

“Yep!”

“Um, did you get any non dairy? Because it's OK if you didn't...” Fluttershy questioned.

“Of course. I wouldn't forget you my little vegan friend,” Pinkie's smile grew wider.

“Awesome! Let's get some,” Rainbow said she got up.

The girls moved downstairs into the kitchen. Twilight and Trixie sat on opposite sides of the table, avoiding eye contact. The other girls sat as well as Pinkie pulled out more tubs of ice cream than seemed possible out of the freezer. She placed them down on the counter and got a scoop from a nearby drawer.

“Hey Twilight, do you mind getting some whip cream from the fridge while I set this up?” Pinkie asked.

Twilight, who was sitting next to the fridge, nodded. “Sure.”

The purpler girl got up and opened the fridge, surprised to see how many cans of whip cream there were.

“Um...” Twilight muttered as she stared at the surplus supply of the dairy topping.

“Any of them will do,” Pinkie called as she worked on filling eight bowls with different ice creams.

Twilight shrugged and picked out a random can. She then walked around the table to hand it to Pinkie. Unfortunately, as she was approaching her energetic friend, Twilight's foot caught on a chair leg and the girl stumbled forward. Thankfully, Twilight managed to catch herself on the counter. However, it was with the hand that was holding the can. Twilight slammed the end on the table on an angle, causing a torrent of whipped cream aimed at Trixie. Time seemed to slow as Twilight watched in horror as the a wide eyed magician was covered. Silence filled the room as the girls stared at Trixie with shock. Trixie stayed still, causing everyone else to hold there breath.

In Trixie's mind, many thoughts went through her head in the few moments that no one spoke. Initially, she wanted to get angry, which she might have, if it were anyone other than Sparkle. The bespectacled looked so upset about what happened that Trixie quickly calmed any fury that might have arisen. Although, it was still Sparkle's fault. Maybe she could demand that she lick it off. Trixie immediately pushed that thought out of her mind as she fought down a blush. Trixie was busy with other whip cream based fantasies when Twilight finally found her voice.

“Oh my gosh! Trixie, I'm so sorry!”

Trixie snapped out of her daze and faked a cough. “It's fine. It was an accident, but Trixie is much stickier than she would like to be...”

The others sighed with relief, happy that there wouldn't be an argument.

Pinkie bounced over to Trixie with a reassuring smile. “Don't worry my newest, bluest friend. I can take your clothes and throw them in the washing machine. They'll be as good as new!”

“And is Trixie just supposed to hang out naked and sticky?” Trixie asked, causing Twilight to nearly faint.

However, it went unnoticed as Pinkie continued. “Of course not silly. You can use my shower and I'll even let you borrow some of my clothes until yours dry.”

“Trixie is fine with that. She just wants to be clean again,” Trixie grumbled as Pinkie led her out of the room.

Twilight groaned and placed her head on the table as Rarity gave Sunset an expectant look.

“What?” Sunset asked.

“You said not to worry,” Rarity stated.

“I... may have been wrong,” Sunset laughed nervously, “but it wasn't that bad.”

“It was pretty bad,” Rainbow drawled.

“Alright, it hasn't been going as well as I planned,” Sunset relented.

“And what exactly did you have planned?” Rarity asked.

“I still can't say,” Sunset replied, frowning.

“And why not?” Rarity demanded.

“There was a Pinkie promise. You know you can't break one of those,” Sunset answered.

“She's right,” Pinkie, who seemed to appear from nowhere, proclaimed happily before her eyes narrowed as the room somehow got darker, “there's no breaking a Pinkie promise.”

“Gah!” Rainbow jumped back. “Where the heck did you come from?”

“From showing Trixie the bathroom,” Pinkie, now back to normal, responded.

The pink smiled devilishly as she slipped over behind Twilight. “By the way, she is totally showering in there. Only a couple of rooms away.”

Twilight hid her face in her hands as her face burned.

“Pinkie! Twilight is already having a hard night. She doesn't need your teasing,” Rarity scolded.

“Yeah, Twilight's already doing a good enough job on her own,” Rainbow laughed, “it's almost like she planned all of this.”

“I wouldn't do that!” Twilight defended, getting upset.

“Come on girls, y'all need to lay off,” Applejack stated. “We said we were going to be supportive.”

Meanwhile, in the bathroom, Trixie was staring at the shower with wide eyes and a dropped jaw. On one of the walls of the shower, there were over two dozen bottles of hair care products, each of different brands. Trixie couldn't even figure out what half of them for.

“That certainly explains that hair,” Trixie muttered, “but Trixie doesn't know which one best removes cream from hers.”

The magician walked over to where Pinkie laid the extra set of clothes, which were a set a plain pyjamas that were way to pink for Trixie's liking and got dresses. She figured she would go ask Pinkie which ones to use before getting in. Trixie left the bathroom and headed towards the kitchen. However, just as she was about to turn the corner, she could hear the other girls talking.

“We didn't mean anything by it,” Pinkie said, “where fine with hanging out with a gay girl.”

Trixie froze and hid around the corner, now eavesdropping .

“Yeah, we might joke, but we're not trying to be mean,” Rainbow added.

“Be quiet, Trixie might here you,” Rarity ordered.

“Relax, she's in the shower,” Pinkie said.

“I know we all know and are OK with it, but we should still be careful about talking about it,” Sunset suggested.

Trixie had heard enough. With a scowl on her face and tears brimming her eyes, she turned the corner and cleared her throat. The other girls all turned to her with wide eyes.

“Trixie?” Sunset asked. “When did you-”

“You promised you wouldn't tell,” Trixie shouted.

Sunset realized that Trixie was misinterpreting the conversation. “No, wait, Trixie-”

“You said you would keep it between us!” Trixie continued. “Trixie knew she should have never trusted you!”

Sunset tried to approach Trixie, but the upset girl gave one last look to Twilight before she ran to the front door, slamming it behind her as she booked it down the street. Trixie's apartment wasn't to far from Pinkie's house and she figured the others wouldn't follow her into the building. Sunset, after seeing Trixie disappearing into the night, returned to the kitchen, where her stunned friends gave her questioning looks.

“Alright, I didn't know what I was doing,” Sunset sighed, feeling awful about herself.

“Why did she...” Rainbow trailed off, trying to put together what happened.

Rarity gasped. “Wait, did she think we were... Sunset, did you know?”

Sunset shrugged with a sad smile. “I Pinkie promised.”

Twilight didn't move. She could barely think. She figured out Trixie's actions faster than the others. She couldn't believe it. The one thing she could only dream of happening was a reality. Trixie, her crush, liked girls as well.

Unfortunately, for the second time this week, Trixie hated her. And her friends too.

Author's Note:

Happy New Years everyone! Hope you enjoy reading my first chapter of 2016.

Let me know what you think and I hope you year treats you all well!