• Published 8th Nov 2015
  • 2,793 Views, 145 Comments

Start Of A New Life - Madox



Trixie suffers of nightmares since she wore the Alicorn Amulet and returns to Ponyville to ask Twilight for help.

  • ...
1
 145
 2,793

Chapter 14 - Heartbreaking Memories

"That was awesome! I didn't know you could do something like that. You made the pageant much cooler."

Trixie chuckled as she walked along with her friends through the castle. "Glad to hear that I was able to impress THE Rainbow Dash."

The group was on their way to the rooms Princess Celestia had offered to them along with one of the smaller ball rooms to celebrate Hearth's Warming Eve. Since they had left the theater after the end of the pageant her friends had congratulated Trixie on her performance, making the unicorn blush from their praises.

"And to be honest, I didn't know it would work either. I never tried to use my illusions on such a big crowd."

"That might be, darling, but you truly out shined yourself, you even impressed the princesses. That is something not many ponies can claim to archive."

Twilight put a hoof on Trixie's shoulder. "I knew you could do it. I saw what you are capable of during our magic sessions."

"Thanks, Twilight. That means a lot coming from you."

The group proceeded in their walk until they reached their rooms with the ball room further down the corridor. They agreed upon meeting thereafter refreshing themselves in their rooms half an hour later and entered their separate rooms.

When Trixie entered the ball room later she realized that she was the last one to enter and looked around in awe.

Pinkie Pie has created a beautiful scenery inside, even if nopony ever saw her missing for more than this last half hour which wasn't nearly enough time for everything Trixie saw in front of her.

The floor looked like it was made of pure ice without being slippery. There were lights all around the walls in every color of the rainbow, huge candy cones in different places along the walls and Trixie saw several snow ponies on the other side of the room. There was a table with many different treats, from cookies to cakes and cider, and on a smaller one to the side was a gramophone for music. But the biggest eye catcher in the whole room was the pine tree in the corner across the room. It was decorated with lights in all the colors of the rainbow, snow on its branches and a huge golden star on top.

"There you are, Trixie," Twilight greeted her while closing the distance between them. "I was just about to look what is taking you so long."

"Sorry, I kinda forgot the time," Trixie admitted sheepishly while rubbing the back of her head with her hoof.

"No wonder after everything that happened. So, what do you say? Pinkie outdid herself once again, don't you think?"

Trixie looked again around the room. "It's amazing."

Twilight nodded in agreement before she started walking with Trixie to the rest of the group. "Let's go. Pinkie really wants to start, she can't wait to open her presents later."

Trixie nodded, but just as they reached the others something Twilight said clicked in her mind. She looked over to the tree and noticed many colorful presents beneath it she hasn't noticed earlier. She kept staring sadly at the presents as she sat down on her haunches, her ears flopping down in shame.

"Trixie? Is something wrong?" Twilight asked worried.

"I got nothing for you, all of you," Trixie answered, her gaze still locked on the presents. "I didn't even think about getting something, anything, as a present for Hearth's Warming." She stood up and walked over to the presents. After searching for a moment she found several boxes with her name on them. "You got something for me, but I got nothing. I'm a terrible friend."

Trixie flinched slightly as a yellow wing was draped over her back from her right. "Please, don't call yourself something like that, you are not a terrible friend."

"Fluttershy is right, darling," Rarity added. "You did everything you could just today to help all of us, even while being afraid to be judged by others. And besides, presents are not the most important thing at Hearth's Warming."

"Yeah, it's to be with your friends," Pinkie said.

"And if you really want, you can still get something later," Twilight said from her other side as Fluttershy who had withdrawn her wing after her talk.

Trixie smiled. "You are right, thank you all. And I will find something for all of you later."

At this point Pinkie threw up one of her hoofs and waved it around, like a school filly trying to get the teachers' attention. "Pick me, pick me! I got an amazing idea!"

Trixie couldn't resist and started laughing. "Alright, Pinkie. What is your idea?"

"Put on a show for us!"

The room fell silent for a moment while the occupants contemplated the idea of their pink friend. Trixie didn't know what to say at first, before she decided on something simple.

"What?"

Pinkie looked excited, bouncing up and down on her tail. "We could see parts of your show earlier, but only from the stage. I want to see all of it like the audience did. So I thought you could put on a show for all of us as a present and show us what you can do."

"You mean right now?" Trixie asked. After the amount of magic she used earlier she wasn't sure she could do much, even after the princess refreshed her magic.

"Nonononono, not yet," Pinkie said while she shook her head. "When we are back in Ponyville, after some time to prepare. I wanna to see the best show you can do!"

"You know, that's a marvelous idea, Pinkie," Rarity said.

"Ah agree. Ah would like ta see that as well, as long as ya promise not to hogtie me again," Applejack added with a smirk.

"Oh, yeah! Sounds great," Rainbow exclaimed while Fluttershy nodded with a smile.

"We could even include Lyra and the others as well, like one big present for all of us. And I know two certain mares who would do anything if you let them help you during the show. So, what do you say? Would you put on a show, or is the Great and Powerful Trixie not up to the task?" Twilight asked with a smirk while Spike nodded in agreement.

Trixie looked around her group of friends, the same ones she showed off the last time they saw her show, now asking her for another one. She smiled and tossed her mane with her hoof.

"Well, if her lovely audience want to see the best show ever made, who is the Great and Powerful Trixie to decline?" She stood up on her hind legs, throwing her forelegs in the air. "I will put on a show that will leave all of you speechless!"

Her declaration was answered with stomps and cheers of approval. Trixie fell back on all four hooves. "But for this evening I will leave the stage for somepony else to do what she loves to do. Am I right, Pinkie Pie?"

Pinkie gasped and ran over to the gramophone to start the music. "Let's get this party started!"

The group cheered and started dancing to the music.

~*~

They proceeded with their celebration for some time before Pinkie couldn't resist much longer and dove into the pile of presents with a cheer, much to the amusement of the rest. They stopped the music for the time being and joined their pink friend.

Trixie was overwhelmed. It's been many years since she truly celebrated Hearth's Warming Eve, and even then there were never as many presents as she received that evening. Each of her friends got something for her, some of them even more than one or two. Among other things she received a magic book about advanced illusions from Twilight, a hoof made coupon for a breakfast from Sweetie Belle (which she was afraid to use for obvious reasons) and a few board games from Pinkie. But the most expensive things did she receive from Rarity. The fashionista has taken the opportunity to show once again how grateful she was for Trixie saving Sweetie Belle. Trixie received one of the most beautiful dresses she has ever seen, another new stage assemble based on her trademark hat and cape and a coupon for a luxury treatment at the Ponyville Spa.

Trixie was just about to open the last present for her that all of them had insisted to be opened last when there was a knock at the door.

Twilight looked at the door in confusion. "Who could that be?" She walked to the door and opened it to see one of the unicorn guards standing on the other side, a wooden chest by his side.

"Good evening, miss Sparkle. Princess Celestia asked me to deliver this chest to miss Lulamoon, along with two letters, one for you and the other for miss Lulamoon." He levitated both letters out of his bags and offered them to Twilight who took them in her own magic.

"Huh, I wonder what this is about. Thank you very much, dear sir, and I wish you a happy Hearth's Warming."

"The same goes to you, miss Sparkle," he answered with a smile before he turned around and walked away.

Twilight took the chest in her magic and brought it inside the room to her waiting friends. "It seems this chest is for you, Trixie."

Trixie blinked. "For me? But from whom is it?"

"I don't know. The princess did send it to us, but I doubt it's from her. There are two letters with it, one for each of us." Twilight levitated the letter with Trixie's name on it to the mare before she opened her own letter.

'Dear Twilight

I hope that you and your friends have a wonderful Hearth's Warming Eve, and I hope that this delivery does not interrupt your festivities.

Earlier this evening, after your departure from the theater, a mare asked for an audience with me regarding Trixie. She told me about her past with her, which I won't go into detail here, not knowing what Trixie might have told you before of her past.

The mare in question told me that she has been looking for Trixie these past twelve years to apologize for what she called 'the biggest mistake of her life'. Thanks to Trixie's traveling she has never been able to locate her long enough for a letter to arrive in time.

She heard of Trixie's performance from a friend this evening and thought that I might be able to help her. Not knowing if Trixie would like to see her I said I would not reveal her place of living without her approval, but that I could send a message to her instead. She was overjoyed and asked for a bit of time to write a letter and prepare the chest that came with this letter which she said contains belongings of Trixie.

Just in case I personally checked the chest for any kind of magic trap, but after finding no traces of magic around the chest or the letter I send them your way.

I do hope that whatever the chest contains will be to Trixie's delight and that you and all your friends have a happy Hearth's Warming Eve.

Princess Celestia'

"It seems somepony who knows you approached the princess to send this chest to you along with the letter, Trixie, and she has been looking for you for years," Twilight said after reading the letter. "The princess also mentioned that she made sure there was no kind of magical surprise hidden in the chest, so it should be safe to open it."

Trixie nodded in response while looking at the chest. "I wonder who it was that send it to me. I have never seen this chest before."

"Ah guess ya will find the answer in that letter of yours," Applejack said while she pointed at the floating letter besides Trixie.

The letter flew in front of Trixie and she opened it. I guess you are right. Let's see..."

'Dear Trixie,
I hope this letter arrives you soon along with the chest I send. I have been trying to find you these past twelve years, and I had given up to ever find you. But than a friend of mine came along and said he saw you right here in Canterlot, and in the presence of the princesses no less. I finally had a lead to find you, and I approached the princess. She confirmed that she knew were you are currently living, but denied telling me without your consent. After I told her why I was looking for you she agreed to send a letter and the chest to you.

Inside of the chest you will find everything that has been found in the remains of your old home after the fire. Most things has been found inside of a magical preserved save in the basement, unscathed from the fire. I received everything inside this chest after your disappearance from the orphanage, along with the chest itself.

Trixie, I also want to say how sorry I'm for how I treated you back then. I had taken over the orphanage just a few weeks before you came along, and I was inexperienced. I thought that after everything that happened you wanted some time to yourself, so I left you alone. I should have been there for you instead, and for this I'm truly sorry.

It was one of the biggest mistakes of my live, and I understand if you can't forgive me for it. But if you ever find it in your heart to forgive a stupid mare, I would love to see you again. The doors of the orphanage will always be open for you, no matter what happens.

Spring Song
Caretaker of the Sunny Skies Orphanage.'

Trixie stared at the letter in front of her, her mouth slightly open and eyes big with irises like pinpricks. Her magic winked out and the letter fell to the ground, but before it touched the floor it was captured by Twilight's magic.

"T-these are things from my mom they found in our house...," Trixie stammered in shock. "I thought everything has been d-destroyed."

"Destroyed? Darling, what are you talking about? Did something happen?" Rarity asked concerned, but she was ignored by Trixie who approached the chest.

"Trixie... Are you sure you want to open it now?" Twilight asked after she has read the letter. She knew that she should have asked for permission first but Trixie was ignoring most of the things they said and since she was the only one who knew what was going on she thought it was for the best to know what's wrong. "Should we leave you alone for a moment?"

That got a reaction out of the mare as she shook her head without saying anything while she tried to open the lock of the chest.

Twilight looked at Trixie, her brow furrowed in concern. Who knew what was in the chest and how Trixie would react to it? Twilight looked at her friends. She could see that they were as concerned as she was, even if they didn't know what was going on. She motioned for them to get closer. Trixie had made it clear that she doesn't want to be alone, so they should be close by for her, just in case. Just as they arrived by Trixie's side did she finally open the chest.

The first thing they saw was a huge amount of white silk, slightly dusky and grayed out from its time in the chest and time. Without saying anything Trixie levitated it out of the chest, but the moment it was fully in the air and she could see what it was she gasped, along with Rarity from behind her.

“Darling, that's a beautiful wedding dress. Is it from your mother?”

Trixie nodded, her eyes moist with tears. Her mom has shown it to her only once, but she would recognize it forever. It was a fairly simple dress made out of silk with golden embroidery along the hem. Some may call it out of fashion, even for the time it was made, but Trixie saw once a picture of her mom from her wedding and it was perfect for her.

“May I take a look at it?” Rarity asked from behind. Trixie nodded again before she carefully levitated it on a nearby table, Rarity already on her way.

Trixie meanwhile focused again on the chest. The dress had taken up a big part of the content of the chest, so it was already more than half empty. As far as she could see it was mostly books and small folders left. She levitated them outside and looked through the titles. She found books about showmanship, special effects and illusions, which probably belonged to her dad. She also found a scrapbook with newspaper article focusing on her dad as well, some of these even with pictures showing him on stage.

The folders contained many different things, but mostly different kinds of documents from medical reports to school reports. In one of these she even found her own original birth certificate.

“Sky Harmony is your mother?” Rainbow Dash said from behind Trixie who nodded. “I'm not sure, but that name sounds familiar. It's a pegasus name, so maybe one of my parents knew her and mentioned her once or something. I could ask them later, that would be awesome if they know her.” Rainbow didn't notice Twilight waving her hoof and shaking her head beside her, hoping that her pegasus friend would stop talking about Trixie's mother before she makes everything worse.

“Maybe, I don't know,” Trixie said without emotion, not even turning around.

She was already levitating several pieces of paper out of the chest. She briefly looked at them before she set them aside. Twilight took them and looked what was written on them. There were several kinds of doodles all over several pages, but it was not hard to realize what Twilight was looking at.

“Are these her blueprints for your hat and cape? You told me that you got them from her, but you didn't mention that she designed them herself.” Twilight waited a moment for an answer, but when she received none she turned to look at her friend. Trixie had sat down on her haunches, her head hanging down. She was holding something in her hoofs in front of her, and Twilight thought she heard her sniffling. “Trixie? Is something wrong?”

The rest of their friends who had been looking through the newspaper articles heard Twilight's question and made their way over to both of them in concern. Trixie was staring at a picture frame she held between her hooves, tears falling freely from her cheeks. The picture was of a filly Trixie with her trademark hat on her head, even if it was a bit to big for her at that time. She was wearing one of the biggest grins on her face Twilight has ever seen and had her little arms thrown around a white coated pegasus mare with a pale blue and yellow mane and tail who was also holding the filly in her arms with a laugh.

“That's a wonderful picture Trixie,” Fluttershy said.

Trixie nodded. “That was the day I got my cutie mark...”

'Oh no,' Twilight thought. The others didn't know, but that means this picture was probably the last one ever taken of them.

“Is that your mother? She is beautiful,” Rarity said.

“Yes,” Trixie replied through sniffles. “Yes, she truly was...”

Rarity gasped with a hoof on her mouth while the others besides Twilight shared shocked looks. “Trixie, I-I'm sorry, I didn't know...”

“W-why? Why had she to die? It should have been me who died!”

Another gasp ran through the room. “Trixie, you should not say something like this!” Twilight replied.

“Why not?!” Trixie yelled, now fully crying. “I'm the reason she died in the first place! Without me she would still be alive!” Trixie fell to the floor crying and curled up to a ball. “It's my fault she is dead.”

No one knew what to do or say. None of them had ever been in a situation like that before. After a minute of silence besides Trixie's crying Twilight stepped forward. She lay down on Trixie's side and put a leg over her.

“Trixie, it's not your fault. It was not your intention to hurt anypony, so no one blames you for what happened. And I'm sure your mother would not either.” Trixie's sobbing grew quiet. “It was your mother's own decision to safe your life while risking her own at the same time. She could have left you behind, saving her own life doing so, but she didn't because she loved you. She sacrificed everything to make sure that you can live your life.”

Trixie peeked through her hoofs at Twilight before she pulled her into a hug and cried into her shoulder. The others stepped closer and joined the hug to comfort their friend. They stayed that way for several minutes until Trixie's sobs ebbed up.

“Trixie, should I bring you to your room?” Twilight asked after she has calmed down more. Trixie didn't answer beside a small nod.

The group released them from the group hug and they both walked out of the room, Trixie's head still hanging down. On their way to Trixie's room Twilight heard her mumble something. “What was that, Trixie?”

“You can tell them everything.”

“Are you sure?” Twilight asked surprised.

Trixie nodded. “They already heard more than enough, there is no reason to keep it in any longer.”

Twilight regarded the mare for a moment. “Alright, if that is what you want I will tell them.”

Soon after they arrived at Trixie's room. Twilight made sure that Trixie got to her bed and wished her a good night before she walked back to tell their friends about Trixie's past. They were shocked upon hearing what the poor mare has gone through all these years. After Twilight finished they decided to call it a day and go to bed. There was no reason to stay up after everything that happened.

~*~

The next morning Twilight awoke to a flustered pegasus in her room.

“Twilight, wake up!” Rainbow yelled “It's an emergency!”

Groggily Twilight awoke, rubbing her eyes with her hoof. “I hope it's important, Rainbow.”

“Trixie is gone!”

Twilight was awake in seconds and scrambled out of her bed. “What!? What do you mean she is gone?”

“It's true, sugar cube,” Applejack said when she walked in the room. “We wanted to check on her after we woke up and her room was empty. We first though she might be in the bathroom or already at breakfast, but we can't find her anywhere.”

“And no one has seen her?” Twilight asked as they left the room.

“Only one of the maids, about two hours ago. She said she was headin' in the direction of the gates to the city, but the guards there did not see her.”

They entered Trixie's room, the rest of their friends already inside and waiting for them. “That does not mean that she didn't find a way out.”

“But how did she get past these guards? I mean she can't fly after all to leave through a balcony or window or anything,” Spike said.

“Well, she can't fly, but she... can teleport,” Twilight admitted. The rest of their friends looked at her in disbelief. “It came up on one of our training sessions and I thought it would be a good idea for her to learn it with her talent and it usefulness in shows. She is still practicing, but she can manage a few feet at a time if she wants.”

“Alright, so she could be still inside the castle or in town,” Rainbow counted off on her hoof. “What is if she has left Canterlot? Maybe she has returned to Ponyville after last evening.”

“Only if she has decided to go by hoof.” Twilight pointed at the nightstand where a small piece of paper was lying. “She has left her train ticket behind. I doubt that she has left Canterlot yet.”

“Um, maybe we should inform the princesses?” Fluttershy asked from behind Pinkie.

Twilight shook her head. “We don't know if she is really missing. Maybe she is still somewhere in the castle. I don't want to bother the princesses if it is not necessary.” She looked at the clock standing near the door which showed it was nearly nine in the morning. “Let's spread out and look for her in the castle and the city. If we can't find her till noon we will ask the princesses for help.”

They all nodded in agreement. “Alright, I will go out into the city, along with Rainbow who can look from the air and Pinkie. Spike, you will search through the castle with Applejack, Rarity and Fluttershy. We will meet at noon in the entrance hall. Let's go!”

They all left the room to go on the search for their friend, Rainbow even decided to leave through the window. Twilight sighed. She was about to leave the room when her gaze fell on the counter besides the door. There was Trixie's last present from last evening that she could not open thanks to the delivery of the chest. Twilight decided to get her saddlebags and take it with her.

~*~

Twilight has been running through Canterlot for more than one hour already and has found no clue about Trixie's whereabouts. No one has seen her till now, and neither has Rainbow nor Pinkie who Twilight met a few times while she was looking. With each passing minute she grew more concerned for Trixie. After the last evening who knows what is going on inside her?

When Twilight came around the next corner she realized that she has reached the donut shop of Pony Joe. Her stomach used that opportunity to remind her that she has not eaten anything till now and so she decided to get something for her and the others.

The bell from the door announced her entrance when she opened it. The shop was mostly empty. There was only one mare sitting at a table eating a donut and Pony Joe himself who recognized her immediately.

“Now that is a big surprise on this wonderful morning. Did not expect to see one of my most famous customers today of all days.”

Twilight smiled while she approached the stallion. “It's good to see you too, Joe. Sadly I'm a bit of a hurry, I'm looking for a lost friend of mine. Could you get me one of your donut mix packages for the way?”

“Of course, I won't take long.” Joe disappeared into the back of his shop and came back a few short minutes later with a box on his head. “There we go. That will be ten bits.” Twilight gave him his bits with her magic and put the box into her saddlebag. “Thank you. Say, who are you looking for? Maybe I can help.”

“Her name is Trixie Lulamoon, and she disappeared this morning from the castle.”

They both heard suddenly some choking noises and turned to the other mare in the room who was coughing. She regained her composure fast and came over to Twilight. “Sorry about that, but did you say you are looking for Trixie?”

Twilight looked over the mare in front of her. She was an orange coated earth pony mare with a fuchsia colored mane with pink highlights and a singing sunflower as a cutie mark.

“Yes, I did. I'm Twilight Sparkle. Do you know her?”

“Yes, I do. And guessing from the timing I think it might be my fault she has gone missing. My name is Spring Song. I'm the caretaker of the Sunny Skies Orphanage here in Canterlot.”

Twilight stared at the mare in front of her with wide eyes. “You are the one who send the chest last evening...”

“Yes, that was me. As I wrote in the letter I tried to find her for twelve years and finally I did.” She lowered her head along with her ears. “But I guess there was something inside that made her run away. Am I right?”

“You are right,” Twilight admitted. “She found a picture of her and her mother from just days before the fire. She blames herself for her dead and I'm afraid of what she might do.”

“Oh no, the poor dear. It was never my intention to do her harm or wake up old memories.”

“I believe you,” Twilight said after she put a hoof on Spring's shoulder. “Do you by any chance have an idea where she might be? She has been avoiding the city for twelve years, and she never said much from her youth. Anything might be helpful. Maybe the location of where her house stood?”

Spring closed her eyes a moment in thought before she shook her head. “I doubt she would go back to the place her mother died. And there has been build a restaurant years ago.” She kept silent for a few minutes while she thought before her ears stood on attention. “You mentioned this has been the first time since the day she ran away that she has been in Canterlot?”

Twilight nodded. “That was what she has told me.”

“I'm not sure, but I think I know where she might be. Usually I would go with you, but I doubt she would like to see me if she is there, so I will write down where you need to go if Joe could provide a pen and a piece of paper.”

“Of course, I will be right back,” Joe said and disappeared into the back room.

“Thank you very much, Spring Song. I hope that I will find her,” Twilight said just before Joe came back with pen and paper.

“I hope so as well. Please inform me if you find her, will you?” Spring Song said before she took the pen in her mouth and started writing.

“Of course I will. It's the least I can do for your help.” Twilight took the paper in her magic when Spring Song finished writing and read what she wrote down. “I know that address. That's were the... oh no...” She looked at Spring Song for confirmation and received a sad nod.

~*~

The Canterlot Cemetery has not changed much since the last time Twilight has visited. She has been here a few times since her grandmother has died when she was a filly. Usually she would go visit her as well while being around, but she decided to make that up another time and focus on the matter at hoof.

It makes sense that Trixie might be here, being her first time in town since her mother's death. Twilight would probably have done the same in Trixie's place.

Twilight walked along row upon row of gravestones, searching for the one she was looking for. Spring Song has written down some directions, but she still had to search. After a short search Twilight entered a new path and stopped.

There she was, just at the end of the path sitting in front of two graves, head hanging low. Twilight slowly approached and used her magic to lift a blanket she bought on her way out of her saddlebags. She slowly lifted the cover over Trixie and wrapped it around her before she sat down besides Trixie who hasn't even flinched yet. She decided not to say something for the moment and regarded the headstones in front of her.

Daren Lulamoon
1345-1368 AD
Dear Husband and Father
Your love will light my way.

Sky Harmony
1346-1378 AD
Beloved Wife and Mother
Life is not forever. Love is.

'They were way too young to leave...' Twilight thought with sadness.

“How did you find me?”

Twilight did her best to hide her surprise upon hearing Trixie. Her voice was free of emotions, but Twilight could see thanks to the tear stains on her cheeks and her red eyes that she has been crying for a long time.

“We have been worried sick when we realized you were gone, Trixie. We have been looking for you all over the city and the castle. During my search I stumbled upon Spring Song.” Trixie stiffened upon hearing that name but did not react otherwise. “When she heard you had disappeared she blamed herself for sending you the chest. She came up with the idea that you might be here, that's why I came looking.”

“She cared enough to help you, but not to come herself.”

“No, Trixie. She really wanted to come, but she thought you would not like to see her, and I agreed. I can tell you tho, she was truly concerned about your well-being.”

Trixie's face softened. “Maybe you are right. She has already written an apology in her letter.”

Trixie fell silent again for a minute. “I'm sorry for running away. I couldn't sleep last night and kept thinking about everything you said. Earlier this morning I knew I had to come here, just to find peace, and to finally visit them. I was just so afraid that it was all my fault that I couldn't stay.” She shook her head. “ And the only thing it brought me was loneliness...”

Twilight put her leg around her shoulders. “That might be true, but you got through it and it made you who you are today. You are a mare with an amazing talent for illusions and friends who will be by your side.” Twilight remembered something at that moment. She pulled her leg back from around Trixie's shoulders and levitated the present out of her bag. “And to make sure you won't forget that we got you this.”

Trixie looked at the present for a moment before she recognized it and took it in her own magic. “Shouldn't I wait for the others before I open it?”

“I'm sure that they will understand.”

Trixie looked into Twilight's violet eyes before she smiled and nodded. With the help of her magic she pulled the wrapping paper away and revealed a picture frame. The picture inside contained all of her friends, including the crusaders, Lavender, Fuchsia and even Bon Bon. On the top was Pinkie Pie holding up a big banner along with Rainbow Dash which said 'Friends Forever'. Once again Trixie's eyes started to moist, but this time out of happiness.

“We thought that would be the best way to always remind you that we will always be there for you. Turn it around.”

Trixie did as told. On the backside all of her friends had written something small for her. She saw a 'You're awesome!' from Rainbow, 'For the best tutor and friend a pony could ask for' from Fuchsia and Lavender and 'No matter what you try, you will never get rid of me' from Lyra, along with a small doodle of Lyra's head blowing a raspberry. Trixie couldn't resist a laugh at reading that.

“Thank you so much for that, Twilight. It really means a lot to me.”

“It was a pleasure. So, What do you say, should we go? The others are still looking for you after all.”

Trixie nodded and they both stood up, putting the blanket around Trixie back in Twilight's saddlebag. While she was putting the blanket away Twilight also pulled a bouquet of flowers out and put them on the graves.

“It's the least to pay respect,“ she said with a small to Trixie who smiled in response.

“Mum, Dad, I promise you that I will come for a visit more often now.”

“And I promise to try and keep her out of trouble for once, even if this is nearly impossible.”

“Twilight!” Trixie yelled as she nudged Twilight in the side. Both mares started laughing before they made their way out of the cemetery.

“So, let's go back to the castle.”

“Hm, no,” Trixie said. “There is still one thing I would like to do.”

Twilight looked at Trixie in confusion before she followed her friend into the streets of Canterlot. During their tour they met Rainbow Dash who was glad to see Trixie well. They agreed on that Twilight would stay with Trixie and that Rainbow would go back to the castle to inform their friends that she was okay.

Not long after their meeting with Rainbow both mares arrived at a huge building. Upon seeing the sign above the entrance Twilight finally realized what Trixie wanted to do.

“Trixie, are you sure?”

“Yes, I am. It's been way to long for me to come back, I need to do this.”

Trixie approached the door and knocked. They waited for a minute before the door opened to reveal an earth pony mare.

“Welcome to the Sunny Skies Orphanage. How can...” Spring Song stared at Trixie, her mouth wide open and her eyes slowly becoming moist. “T-trixie? Is that really you?”

“Hello, Miss Song,” Trixie replied, her own eyes once again moist. “I'm back.”

Author's Note:

It's been a while since I uploaded a chapter, and I'm sorry for that. I did honestly forgot this chapter all this time :derpytongue2:

This has been one of the hardest chapters to write for me. Not because of writers block or anything, but around the time I started writing my dad passed away last year, and afterwards I just couldn't get back to it for a long time :fluttercry:

The scene at the cemetery was not planned in my original idea, it was planned to get more into the meeting of Trixie with Spring Song, but with my dads passing I changed it after I literally did the same thing Trixie did. I dissappeared for hours until my sister found me at his grave crying.

I hope that it is not too badly written, and I will try to get the next chapter out soon. :twilightsmile: