• Published 6th Dec 2015
  • 10,207 Views, 171 Comments

A Gamer In Equestria: Reborn - The Dark Brony



A man with the powers of his entertaining system travels the land of Equestria alongside the mane six.

  • ...
47
 171
 10,207

Chapter 7 - A Chaotic Day part 2

Author's Note:

This chapter and the next are being released before I have had a prereader go over them as I will be unable to do anything for two weeks so these will be my gifts to you.

Hope you enjoy them

As I was carried through the castle I kept hearing Luna say to me “Just hold on Craig we’ll get you help, just don’t die.” But all I could think was Well today went from bad to worse. I couldn't protect my friends and I found out that Discord was the one who screwed with my life before I got here. That just leaves more questions like how did he get his magic to my world whilst he was in stone? And if he could manipulate my world what else could he have done? Could he be the reason I am here? Did he pull me into Equestria if so what is his motive he clearly wasn’t aware I was here? Right now though I need to focus on surviving long enough to save everyone from him.

I then heard Luna shout “Sister! Sister! Where are thou?!” She then muttered “We can’t let this happen, We couldn’t protect them last time we won’t let the same happen again.”

I then thought What’s happened that they regret?

I then heard a voice say “what's happened now Luna?” I then heard a gasp for the voice shout “What’s happened to him, this is bad we can’t let this happen”

I then weakly whispered “I’m fine, I just need to be bandaged up and i’ll stop him.”

However it seemed like they hadn't heard me as Luna said “We found him just outside the labyrinth,”

I then groaned “I’m fine,”

“Craig, You are not fine… Discord did this to you, you back is cut open, it’s a miracle you survived this long.” Celestia said.

“You mean by all right he should be already dead!” Luna exclaimed.

“Yes… I know what must be done,” Celestia said as I was lowered onto the ground before I felt a burning sensation in my back and I began to scream in agony as I began to feel like my entire back was burning, before within seconds the pain subsided before I could feel what seemed to be my skin morphing which began to make me shiver from the feeling before I felt what seemed to be a small needle go through the skin on my back.

I then asked them “What are you doing?” Only to get no reply before I then heard what sounded like someone panting before I felt the burning sensation returned in my back as I began gritting my teeth to prevent myself from screaming again, after a few seconds that pain began to fade as well before I slowly began to breath normally before I heard the sound of someone collapsing behind me, as I slowly began to attempt to stand up before collapsing onto my side as I heard another sickening crack which to my surprise popped the joint in my arm back into place.

I then once again tried to stand up before I said “Dammit… What just happened”

“Me fulfilling an old promise” muttered Celestia.

I then looked over to her as I saw a small pool of blood around her before I screamed “What did you do!?”

“Saved your life, you shouldn’t die when you are still young” Celestia admitted,

“For a someone who’s lived as long as you have, you really didn’t think that through, I’m not worth giving your life for,” I replied

“But you are… you would willingly give your own life for others, you deserve to live,”

“And your still needed, by everyone here” I reply before my hand begins to glow before Celestia looked at me questionably before I said “relax, this will close the wound.”

After a few seconds the light began to fade before Celestia said weakly “Thank you,” before she attempted to stand.

I then quickly said, “No, Princess you need to just rest and wait for some medical attention, the spell healed the wound over but it may still have left something extra which I can’t see, i’d get a medical expert to give you the once over, but rest would be beneficial, I’d recommend being carried in magic, carefully.”

“If your sure” she replied before closing her eyes.

“We are not sure why you worry about us, we have lived long enough to make our own choices.”

“Yes, you have but you also don’t need to sacrifice yourselves so willingly. You both have ponies who would give their lives for you.”

“We guess you are right even though my sister would never let the guard fight for her.”

“She’s afraid of sending them to die a pointless deaths, isn’t she.”

“Yes we are… but we are more afraid of you putting your own life at risk.”

“By chance is it something to do with that old promise she mentioned.”

“It is… You're going after Discord again,” Luna replied

“I’ve got choice… I know what's happened, whatever he did to me is wearing of I am remember everything, I know his next move.”

“Whats Discord going to do?”

“He’s going to separate the girls from their elements and then… then… I can’t remember… dammit,” I groaned in annoyance.

“We won’t worry about that for now” Luna said “Do you still have the sword my sister gave you?”

I then looked towards the floor before saying “No… when Discord broke my shoulder I dropped it… It’s likely still near where you found me.”


Seconds later we heard a voice behind us say “Princess Luna one of the guards found this near the Labyrinth.”

We then turned around to see a white unicorn that had dark blue mane and tail with some brighter streaks that was running through it. He was wearing what looked to be purple and gold armour and appeared to have what looked to have a six pointed star on a shield shaped buckle resting near the front of his armour, and was holding my sword in a bright pink glow.

“Thank you Shining Armour, We were just looking for that.” As Luna slowly began to the remove the sword from Shining Armour’s magic before she levitated it into the air much like Celestia had previously before it began to shine in a dark blue light causing me to shield my eyes from the light. Once the light faded I looked back towards the sword to see that it was slowly rotating before Luna slowly slid it into its scabbard that was attached to my side.

I then looked at Luna questionably before I asked “What did you do?”

She then smiled back before she said “Take a look at the blade.”

I then slowly drew my sword from the scabbard to see that there was an indentation in the shape of Luna’s cutie mark embedded into the blade on the opposite side to Celestia's. I then looked back to her before I asked her “what will it do?”

She then began to chuckle before she said “try it out.”

I then slowly placed my hand on the symbol which caused the blade to covered in a black light but strangely I saw no other differences until I heard Shining Armour and some of the nearby guards shout “Who turned out the lights!”

I then rose one eyebrow as I contemplated what that meant as i sheathed the sword then said “So Luna, this can create the effect of darkness or blindness on everyone in the area?” I then continued to say “I hope I can work out how to have it affect a single target.”

I then saw her smile as she said, “if thou focuses on specific targets to blind, then yes” she then continued to say “You need to stop Discord and save Twilight and her friends, however, this is not a task that thou will take on thy's own we will be sending you with help”

I then rose an eyebrow before saying “Who?”

“Captain Shining Armour requested that he would be able to stop Discord.”

“You mean the guy who scared of the dark?” I pointed out as we saw Shining armour shaking on the floor.

Luna then looked at me before we heard him mutter “get off her… no leave her alone.”

“Umm… could the sword have made him see an illusion of someone they care about being attacked?” I asked her.

“That is possible” she replied

We then heard Shining Armour say “Get away from them.”

I then rolled my eyes before I said to Luna “I think we should help him.”

“Let me” she replied as she lowered her horn towards his head before it began to glow before fading before she said “Shiny wake up”

Shining armour then shot up before shouting “Twilight! Cadance!” As he kissed Luna before backing away blushing in embarrassment before stuttering out “I’m sorry Princess, I don’t know what came over me.”

Luna then began laughing before she said “you have no need to apologize.”

I then looked at Shining Armour before saying “So what makes you think you can fight Discord?.”

“Well I don’t have one… but I want to save my sister and her friends but it’s clear you can’t do that without almost killing yourself.” Shining armour pointed out.

I then sighed before saying “sadly you’re correct, I tried to protect them and well failed… I’m not strong enough to stop Discord alone, the only way have a chance is if i have friends by my side and if not friends an ally.”

He then stared at me almost like he was judging me before he said “Well if you really want to help my sister, you have an ally by your side. However you are not going to fight alongside me without armour of your own, can’t have you almost getting killed again today.”

“I haven't been meaning to almost kill myself today, but I doubt any armour you have in the armory will fit me.” I admitted.

Luna then smiled before saying “well actually we do have one piece that would fit,” as she levitated over to me a dark black chestplate that had patterns engraved along the sides of the plates and a shield that had similarities to Shining Armour’s but in black and had no star on it and instead had a pattern that held a similar design to that of the rest of the chestplate in her magic before she said “This was made by a friend a long time ago, she originally had it made for her brother but she never got the chance to give it to him.”

“But if this was supposed to be given to her brother why give it to me?”

“Her brother is gone and you need it more that he ever would have” she admitted as she tightened the armor to my body as a bright blue star appeared near the top of chestguard. I then looked at Shining Armour as I realised that it was the same symbol that I saw on his armour before I said “Inducting me into the Canterlot guard are we? If that is the case I wish to do something to this armour” I then close my eyes and two objects appear in front of me. The first one being an enchanting table and the second being a black soul gem both of these being from the game Skyrim.

I then slowly opened my eyes before quickly placing both my hands on the table before I remembered two enchantments from the game those being both health regeneration and fortify health and stamina. I then took my hands off the table and said, “That should help deal with any injuries that occur and allow me it strike him with the sword for longer” I then looked back to Luna before I asked her “Have the elements left Canterlot yet?”

She then looked up before saying “we believe they left five minutes ago.”

“Dammit, We need to catch up to them,” I then gripped my forehead as more of my memories flooded back as I remembered the events that happened in the show to bring everyone back to normal. I then turned to Luna and asked her “is it possible for you to send Twilight's friendship letters that she sent to your sister back to her?”

To this she just stared at me and said “yes. But we don't see what that will do.”

“You'll just have to trust me on this Luna. I'll just say that this knowledge is from my past” I then realised that Twilight would likely think the worst for me and said “And could you send her an extra one saying that I was saved by your sister and yourself.”

Luna then simply nodded understandingly as I saw that she to saw what I was thinking before she said “we understand.”

I then nodded to Luna before I turned to Shining Armour and announced, “we need to get to Ponyville, fast.” I then began grin mischievously before I continued to say “and I know the perfect mode of transportation.” He just looked at me with a look of confused on his face before I smiled then asked him, “How do you feel about seeing the world from a pegasi's point of view?”

He then looked at me before he shouted “you can't be serious!”

I then looked at Luna before we both began to laugh before she said “thou probably is.”

“Oh, I am. But we need a wide open space to launch from.”

I then heard Shining Armour declare whist clearly questioning my sanity, “there's a large space outside the castle, just behind the labyrinth. It faces towards Ponyville. Will that suffice?”

I just looked at him quizzically and asked him “how big we talking?”

“Big enough it fit half the castle in the space,” Shining Armour replied.

I then smiled and said “That's more than enough space to launch from. Lead the way”

With that we both began leave the throne room before Luna shouted “Captain Armour could I have a word with you alone?”

“Of course Princess,” He replied before he turned to me and said “Would you mind meeting me by the labyrinth?”

The very thought of that left me shaking as I remembered what happened earlier before I stuttered out “No problem”

I turned around before making my way towards the door as I heard Luna shout “good luck!” I then turned back to her before I gave her a salute as I walked out of the throne room and back towards the labyrinth.

-10 minutes later-

As I arrived outside the labyrinth I looked down the path where the girls had originally walked down into the labyrinth as I thought I was to cocky, I let myself think I was powerful enough to beat Discord alone, but i’m not i’m still mostly human but i somehow gained new abilities along with a big ego to boot. I then looked behind me to see the wall that I was placed against still stained crimson with my blood before I looked up to see what looked like two figures I hadn't seen before against the windows.

I then heard someone say behind me “Right then how are we getting to Ponyville?” which snapped me back to reality as I looked away from the window.

“As I said we fly to ponyville”

“Fly? How are we going to do that?” Shining armour asked.

I then looked at him before I smiled as I looked to the open area of land nearby and closed my eyes before a large purple jet plane that had multiple fleurs-de-lis decals along the hull and the world ‘SAINTS’ written in bold along the back of the ship.

I then walked towards the ship before I looked back towards Shining armour as I saw him slowly stepping backwards as he stuttered out “What is that thing?”

I then smile as I say “This is the VTOL, it is how we are getting to Ponyville.” The door to the cockpit then slowly began to open as I jumped in before I said “come on! Jump in!” I then tapped my hand on the seat behind me before I asked him “or do you not want to help your sister?”

He then glared at me before he shouted “I would never abandon Twilight!” Before he jumped into the seat behind me and said “let's go.”

I then quickly nodded my head as the cockpit door began to close before he heard an almost robotic voice said “Initiating start-up sequence” I then began to slowly raise the ship off the ground before I pressed a big red button on the cockpit before we heard a similar voice to before say “flight mode engaged” before I began to fly the ship at full speed towards Ponyville.

As we flew towards Ponyville I shouted to Shining Armour, “I hope you don't mind but I fly better with music!” I then reached toward the disc drive as a song I vaguely remembered began to play.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEnxIbwlNG8

Halfway through the song I shouted to Shining Armour, “do we have a plan to deal with Discord?”

“Yeah. Find my sister and her friends and get them to stop Discord.”

“And what about fixing the elements?” I asked him.

He then looked down at me and shouted, “What's happened to them!? What's happened to my sister!?”

“Discord happened. He messed around in her friends heads and changed what makes them fit their respective Elements, for example he made Fluttershy cruel instead, of kind.”

“How do you know this?” Shining armour asked in confusion.

“I'm from another world or reality, although Discord messed with my head so much, that I don't know what to believe anymore” I then sighed before I continued to say "how could I not have remembered about the maze being a trick."

“Wait another world or reality? Does that make you an alien?”

“I guess it could. Although it seems to be Discord knew exactly who I was, but I don’t understand how.”

“I thought aliens were scary monsters that are not to be trusted? But you don’t seem to fit that description.”

I just smiled at him and said “I will leave you to cast your judgement on me. But nevermind that, we need to help the elements and to do that we need to remind them about who they are and not who Discord has made them.”

“How would we do that?”

“My guess with Twilight is that we need to remind her that she still has friends who will stand by her side through thick and thin. Then we will make the rest up as we go along.”

“Okay so we do have a plan then”

“Yes we have the basis of a plan and now it's time to start once we land.”

I then pressed the red button again as we heard the voice say “hover mode engaged” causing wing flaps to open and cause the ship to slow down instantly before falling to a near stop as I began to slowly lower the ship towards an open area on the outskirts of Ponyville.

Once we landed we heard the ship AI say “powering down” as the door opened and we both jumped out of it as it began to fade away.

I then breathed a sigh of relief before I muttered “thank god we were on the ground or that could have been painful.”

I then looked at Shining Armour as he stared at where the jet was a second ago before I shouted “Equestria to Shining Armour! You okay?!”

“Yeah just. What happened to the ship?”

“Made with my powers the ship wasn't permanent. I'll be honest I'm surprised it lasted as long as it did. Now let's save your sister and her friends.” We then nodded to each other as we both began to run towards the main gate.


As we tried to sneak through the town I began to think Right then mental checklist. Step one, save Twilight. Step two ask Shining and Twilight to help save Rarity and Applejack whilst I help Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie. Step three, Get everyone to sort Dash out whist I distract Discord. Yeah this plan will need be changed quickly but I'll make it up as I go along.

Shining Armour then put his hoof out in front of me then whispered “Careful there's Discord” whist he pointed towards the Draconequus.

We both then stood still for a few second as we heard him laugh before he said “It was so easy to mess with Twilight's head just like her little friends. Not just that but that freak from that other world is gone as well, how he got here is a mystery but that doesn't matter now that there is no one left that can stop me.” with that he disappeared as me and Shining Armour continued across the road towards the library.

I then grunted before muttering “I really hate him right now”

Shining Armour just looked at me and said “he'll get his just desserts soon enough.”

“I hope you're right” I admitted before I continued to say “right we're here.” As we arrived at golden oaks library and slowly walked towards it.

As we reached the door I looked towards Shining armour before I whispered “ready” to which he just nodded his head. I then knocked on the door and said “Twilight…” And got no reply. “Twilight are you there?”

We then heard someone shout “Go away!” Before a blast of purple magic flew towards me which I quickly blocked with my sword knocking it away before resheathing it.

I then stared at Shining Armour and we both sighed before I turned back to the door and shouted “Twilight, I'm not leaving till you listen to me!”

“I don't even know who you are! Leave me alone! He’s dead, and it’s all my fault.” I heard as I slowly heard someone faintly crying behind the door.

I then looked back at Shining Armour before saying “You try.”

To this he looked at me before nodding his head before he walked up to the door as he calmly said “Twily it's me.”

We then heard a voice quietly say “Shining Armour?”

“Yes it's me Twilight.”

I then heard what sounded like a lock being opened on the other side of the door before I flew open as Shining Armour was hit by a gray blur that I realised was twilight, I then looked at her before I said “you look like hell Twilight.”

Twilight then glared at me before igniting her horn before Shining Armour shouted “Twilight what are you doing?!”

“It can’t be him… Discord killed him, it was my fault, I chose to leave him.” Twilight muttered as he lowered her head.

I then knelt down before I said “Twilight. Look at me” She slowly rose her head to look at me as I continued to say “I was saved by Luna and Celestia and, I’m sorry for making you think it was your fault, I should have been more careful and not so cocky.”

Shining armour then said “Craig you can’t blame yourself for this, it wasn’t your fault.”

We then heard a voice from upstairs shout “Twilight!”

“Spike!” Twilight shouted as she turned and ran upstairs causing both myself and Shining Armour to look at each other other before we slowly made our way to the stairs.

Once we reached the top of the stairs we saw Spike on the floor surrounded by multiple scrolls as I heard him say “make it stop.”

Seconds later Twilight lifted up one of the scrolls up in her magic before she said “these are all the letters i’ve written to the princess since i’ve lived in Ponyville” She then lifted two more up before she said “But why would she send them back?”

She then picked up another scroll before she said “what’s with this one, it’s not in mine or the princesses hoofwriting… who wrote this one?”

Dear Twilight Sparkle,

We are sure thy have seen thou's brother, and a creature that says it's name is Craig. Well we are writing to tell thee that it is Craig. We found him outside the labyrinth after what we believe to be a fight. When we found him he was injured and in great pain. We took him to our sister who healed his wounds and then she collapsed from exhaustion. We sent him and thou'sts brother to help stop Discord.
We hope thou the best of luck.
thous hopefully, Princess Luna

She then looked at me before she began hugging me and said “It it you, I didn't kill you, we all blamed ourselves for what happened.”

“Twilight... you're... crushing... my... lungs” I muttered as I realised that I was unable to breath clearly.

She then released me and said “Oops sorry, It’s just good to know your alive and that this wasn’t my fault.”

“Twilight, Don’t worry about it, it wasn’t your fault… maybe you should read the letters that the princess sent you she must have had a reason.” I pointed out

“Oh, thanks Craig.” She replied as multiple scrolls were held around her in her magic as she read each one out loud one after each other "Real friends don't care what your cover is, Friendship is a wondrous and powerful thing, And like the path cut through the orchard, there will always be a way through, The best thing to do is stay true to yourself, everypony has a special magical connection with her friends. Maybe even before she's met them." which as she said the colour slowly returned to her.

I then looked at Shining Armour as we just nodded to each other as Twilight said “Spike! Craig! Shining Armour, it's all so clear! Can't you see? Discord's trying to distract us from what's important. He knows how powerful our friendships are, and he's trying to keep us from seeing it. Do you remember what I said the first day we arrived in Ponyville? I told you that the future of Equestria didn't rest on me making friends. But the opposite is true! The friendships I've made since I've been here are what saved Equestria from Nightmare Moon. And now they need to save it from Discord!”

I then smiled to her and said “I saw it the moment my memories started to return… and Spike, you may want to just rest here while we deal with this” To which I just heard him groan in pain as yet another Scroll appeared.

I then nodded to Twilight and Shining Armor before we walked down the stair and back into the library before Twilight said “So… what's the plan we know I was brought back to my senses but how?”

“You were reconnected with your element, you remembered the magic of friendship and it brought you back, we’ll need to do the same for everyone else.”

“Still it was weird the fact that he used what we thought was your death to make us blame each other.”

“Wait he used me… I’m really that important to you all to mean anything to you.”

“Craig you are our friend… I’m just sorry that the others don’t realise your still around, your death helped to tear us apart, both Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy were upset about it,” Twilight explained.

It was at that point everything clicked as I said “that’s it he used me to break you all.”

“What do you mean Craig?” Asked Shining Armour.

“I mean he used the fact they were each blaming themselves as an insecurity to start getting them to doubt themselves before changing them into well… their opposites.”

“So we were all tricked by Discord… that's why he separated us in the labyrinth, so he could use our individual doubts to defeat us,” Twilight admitted.

“Well then I say we take him down, but first we need to get to the others… the question is who to save first?” I then look at Twilight before I asked her “What do you think?”

“I would say we should get to Applejack first, the way everypony's acting she will be able to get them to listen… and if the worst should happen she can help us round them up.”

I then look at her before muttering “You're the last person I expected to try and tell a joke Twilight” I then sighed before continuing to say “but you're right, we’ll make our way to her first… although I think we should split up, if Discord see’s me it’ll make getting everyone back to normal much harder.”

“I suppose you're right… but how will you get around you’re not exactly going to able to hide from him and move quick enough in your armour,” Shining Armour pointed out.

“I’ve got a short term plan for that until we have a few of you back together.”

“If you're sure”

I then placed two fingers on my forehead before saying “I’m sure, I’ll meet you at Sweet Apple Acres.” To which they both nodded to me as they made their way to the door before I disappeared from the room.


Seconds later I reappeared a fair distance away from the Library looking back towards the town as I began to think Twilight will not believe what I just did, wish i could see her face.

I then turned back around before muttering “well then, let's see if can find Applejack anywhere nearby, she shouldn't be that far from the farm.” I then looked around before saying “Now where did I land” I then looked above me to see a sign that read ‘Sweet Apple Acres’ just in front of me as I thought. Lucky me I must be better at using Instant Transmission than I thought before I slowly began to walk up the path towards the farm.


As I approached the farm, I noticed what looked to be Big Macintosh who seemed to be acting like a dog and digging holes in the cornfield I was working in earlier, I then looked towards the main farmhouse to see and elderly mare dancing and Applejack sitting down behind the mare eating an apple core before taking a bite as a section reappeared connected to the apple before she threw it away.

As I approached her I heard her say “And so I tried to defeat Discord, but none of my so-called "friends" would lift a hoof to help me.

“Well, being I was otherwise occupied with not dying I couldn’t really do a whole lot to help you could I Applejack?” I said to her.

She then quickly looked towards me before saying “Well Discord we meet again here for round two?”

I then quickly look around me before I said “I don’t see Discord around here Applejack”

I then turned back to her as I realised that she was charging towards me as she said “Discord stop taking the form of Craig”

“What are you on about Applejack!” I shouted as I jumped out the way rolling over one shoulder before I said “I’m not Discord.” As I began to reach towards my sword before I thought No i can’t use that she has no idea what's going on as she turned back towards me and began charging me again.

I then slowly took a deep breath before I said “Applejack, stop I don’t want to have to fight you.”

“Stop actin’ like him, you killed him, it’s your fault.”

“You don’t want to fight me we’re not enemies.” I shouted before once again reaching for my sword as I quickly drew it before placing my hand on the image of Luna’s cutie mark instantly Blinding Applejack before she shouted “Discord! What did you do to me!”

I then used the fact that I blinded her to sneak behind her before I quickly grabbed her and pinned her to the ground before I said “Applejack calm down it’s me, It’s Craig, I’m not dead, Celestia and Luna saved me, just please just stop, this isn’t you.”

“You ain’t him, you can’t be, We left you to die, We all purposely left you to die”

I then calmly said “Applejack you are not a lier.”

She then looked up at me with her eyes wide before he normal colour began to return to her from her head downwards before reaching her back hooves before I released her and sheathed my sword as I took a step back before she placed one of her hooves by the side of her head before rapidly shaking it before she said “What happened?”

“You thought I was Discord, attacked me and I had to stop you from trying to kill me.”

She then lowered her hat to her chest before saying “Craig… I thought I saw you die, then I saw a vision of me and Twilight feudin' and fightin'. I couldn't face the truth, so I started tellin' lies. Can you ever forgive me?”

I then rubbed my chin before saying “It’s not me you need to apologise to Applejack.” I then point behind me and say “It’s more her you need to apologize to” as Twilight and Shining Armour appeared behind me as I stepped out of the way.

Applejack then looked to Twilight before saying “Twilight… can you forgive me?”

She then smiled at Applejack before saying “I already have,”

Applejack then looks to me before saying “So what's the plan?”

“I’ll explain in a minute… can we talk in the barn, I feel I bit too exposed out in open with Discord around.” I asked Applejack.

“That's probably a good idea” She agreed before we all made our way into a nearby barn.


Once we get into the barn I look around me to see that there was a lots of farming equipment resting against a far wall, against the right wall was what appeared to be a plow and laid out in rows along the left were some hay bales piled ontop of eachother.

“Okay then what's the plan?” Asked Applejack.

“I had a plan, but I just don't want to continue on this path alone anymore. I'm just one big target travelling alone and I don’t want travel alone through the town, so the new plan is to stick together,” I explained.

“That's not much of a plan” Shining armour pointed.

“It’s part of a plan!”

“How much do you actually have?” asked Applejack.

“twenty percent of a plan,”

“You can’t be serious,” groaned Applejack.

“Well being the original plan initially consisted of me going to each Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie alone, whilst the rest of you helped Rarity before we all went to get Rainbow Dash.”

“That’s a better plan, why scrap it and start over?” asked Twilight

“Simple, i’m scared of losing control and killing or seriously injuring someone, my first reaction when Applejack charged me was to reach for my sword, if i do that to someone else and can’t stop myself it would be dangerous,” I explained.

“So you are worried about hurtin’ somepony?” Applejack asked me to which I nodded as she continued to say “Right then, so who are we goin’ after next?”

“I’d say we go after Fluttershy, she is the closest I think,”

“It’s likely she’ll be near her cottage,” Twilight replied.

“I can get us there faster than walking could” I admitted

“Craig no flying!” ordered Shining Armour.

“I wasn't planning on it. My plan was to use the technique I use to teleport to take us there directly,” I explained.

“Okay, I don't care how strange your powers are there is no way you can teleport.” Twilight argued.

“Twilight, What do you think i did when I disappeared earlier?” I replied cheekily.

she then continued to say “Right to get from here to the cottage it will take a lot of bursts of magic to teleport us there, you would be exhausted if you tried that many spells without practice.”

I then laughed before I announced “One burst to take us all there”

Twilight's eyes then opened wide before she shouted “One spell! You've got to be joking!”

“let’s see shall we.” I replied before I continued to say “all of you place your hooves on any part of my body and we'll get going.”

Seconds later they are all began to place one of their hooves on my legs before I place two fingers on my forehead before i closed my eyes and said “Don't remove your hooves or you’ll be left behind” then seconds later we all disappeared from the barn leaving no signs we were even there.


Once we reappeared after teleporting Twilight jumped away from me before she said “I knew you couldn't do it.”

I then began to laugh before I said “turn around Twilight”

She just smiled at me before she began to turn around as she said “there’s no way that worked.” however once she turned around to see multiple trees that seemed to have birdhouses hanging from nearby trees and what seemed to be burrows running next to a stream and placed next to a path. At the end of the path there was a small cottage that seemed to have a roof that was made of what looked to be grass.

Twilight then looked back at me and asked “How did you do that?”

I simply replied to her “the power of anime Twilight. Don't question it. It has no logic whatsoever.”

She then looked at me questionably before she asked “whats anime?”

I then shook my hand before I said “I'll explain later. In fact I'll show you one later after this whole mess is sorted.”

“I guess that's okay” she muttered.

I then looked towards Applejack and Shining Armour to see them shaking their heads before I said “Right then, once you are all ready let’s go a fix Fluttershy.”

Once they were ready they all nodded to me before we began to make our way up the path towards Fluttershy’s cottage.


Once we reached the door to Fluttershy’s cottage I looked towards everyone before I said “I will try to talk to her first see if it snaps her out of it.” Everyone then looked towards me before nodding to me before I turned back towards the door before knocking on it and saying “Fluttershy are you okay in there?” only to get no reply. I then knocked again and shouted “Fluttershy are you there!?”

We then heard a faint noise as quiet as a whisper squeak “go away” before I heard a window break before I quickly spun around before an object come flying towards me and in turn hit me in the face along the bridge of my nose before I scrunched my eyes together before looking down to see a bucket on the floor.

I then stopped as I heard a voice behind the door whimper “It's my fault. I should have stayed with Craig, not left him injured. It's my fault he's dead.” At this I slowly walked toward the broken window and then stopped just out of view as I heard her mutter “I should have stayed with him. I should have got help. Not entered the maze with the others, it’s all my fault.”

“you care that much for me Fluttershy? What have I done to deserve to much kindness from you?” I asked her from outside the building.

I then heard a faint voice say “Craig? Is it really you?”

“Yes it is, could you open the door?”

“Prove it’s you”

“How do you want me to do that, I don’t know anything that only we would know, we only just met.”

“You have one thing that matches you, a song can say more than words alone.”

“So you want a performance, I can do that” I then rub my chin as I think but what song would work? There’s not many that won’t draw attention to myself… maybe... I then smiled before I said “I’m going to play a cover of a song called What Makes You Beautiful” with that I switched my sword back into my guitar before I began to perform the song.

Once the song finished I looked towards the door to see it slowly open as a small gray pegasus walked out of the cottage and glared at Applejack and Twilight before she looked at me before she ran towards me and grabbed my leg before she said “It is you, I didn’t get you killed,” before she slowly released my leg.

I then nealt down to face her before I said “Fluttershy you could never kill me willingly, you are the kindest creature i’ve ever met, I would trust you with my life if it was ever needed.”

She then looked at me before saying “Craig… I, I.”

I then lowered my head towards her as I said “both me and you are similar, we both has it rough through life and we are both stronger because of it.” I then kissed her on her forehead before her original colours began to return from her head down towards her hooves.

She then slowly looked around before she said “Oh no! Twilight, Applejack, I just had the worst dream!” She then looked where she was grabbing before she said “but if I am still dreaming I don’t want to wake up.”

“Well considering this isn’t a dream you may want to stay awake.” I joked before she let go of my leg before she said “Craig… You're, alive.”

“Well, yeah… like i’d die without fighting for those I care about,” I then looked towards the town and muttered “Besides, it’s not like it’s just everyone here i’m fighting for now.” They each then looked towards me in confusion before I smiled and said “So who’s next”

“Well we’re nearest to Rarity’s, so i say we go there next,” Twilight admitted.

I then groaned before I saying “Well this one will be on you to sort her, I doubt I mean that much to her.”

“So how are we gonna get Rarity back to normal?” asked Twilight.

“Hmm i’m not sure…”

I then gripped the side of my head as more of my memories began to return before Fluttershy looks at me before saying “Craig are you okay, what's wrong?”

“Just memories returning” I replied to Fluttershy before I continued to say “Twilight what about a memory spell, could that counteract the spell Discord used on everyone?”

Twilight then looks at me and says “and you didn’t think to tell us to try this till now why?”

“Well I didn’t have the memories relating to that till now, it’s all hazy and I only get small pieces of information at a time”

“Fine” She muttered before continuing to say “Craig, let's get going can you teleport us all again?”

“I can try, all of you grab hold like before,” I then realised that Fluttershy had no idea what I was doing as I said “Fluttershy, I need you to place a hoof on my left arm or my legs, I’m going to get us to Rarity’s quickly.”

She then nodded to me before hovering next to me and placing a hoof on my shoulder before the others followed and I placed two fingers on my right hand against my forehead before Fluttershy quickly wrapped herself around my neck as we disappeared.


We then reappeared just outside the boutique as everybody but Fluttershy lets go of me.

I then looked at Fluttershy who has her eyes closed and was still curled up around my neck before I whispered to her “Fluttershy. We're safe, you can let go now.”

She then slowly opened her eyes and whispered “what happened?” as she let go of my neck and hovered just above me.

“We teleported” I replied before my legs suddenly gave way beneath me and I fell onto my back.

“Craig, are you alright,” they all asked me clearly worried.

“Yeah. Guess I can't teleport myself and four ponies as easily as I thought” I then attempted to look towards them but fail to do so due to the weight of my armour and muttered “God that takes it out of me.” I then calmly said “I just need to rest for a minute, you girls go ahead and help Rarity.”

Fluttershy then just looked at me before she said “Craig I'm not leaving you a second time, last time we did it left us all thinking the worse.” she then turned to everybody else before she said “You all go ahead. I'm staying with Craig.”

“But what if Discord come here?” Twilight asked me

I then looked at her and said “We'll be fine, go help Rarity.”

To this they all looked at me and as Twilight replied “Okay. We will help Rarity then be back,” with that they all headed towards the boutique.

I then looked towards Fluttershy and asked her “why did you blame yourself for me being injured earlier Fluttershy?”

“I thought something had happened outside the labyrinth, when you wasn’t there after we came out, it was weird. I felt like I was behind a wall but was able to see everything that I was doing at the same time.”

To this I smiled at her before I said “No. Luna found me and took me to Celestia who healed my wounds. Luna was also the one who gave me this chest plate and she improved the enchantment my sword.”

“What else can you do with it now?” she asked me.

“I can create an Illusion of it being pitch black. When Luna asked me to test it, it made Shining Armour scream like a gi… sorry here I guess the phrase would be mare.”

“So you can make your enemy blind?”

“In a way I guess I can.”

We then looked up as I heard someone shout “What do you think you're doing? Get away from my gem! Get away--!”

I then looked at Fluttershy before saying “I don’t want to ask.” to which she nodded back to me in agreement.

We then saw a large bolder being pushed out of the boutique by Rarity before she said “Let us never speak of this again.” Everybody then turned and began walking towards us before Rarity said “So you aren't dead.”

“Nope, but looks like Tom is to you.”

“I thought I said for everyone to never speak of that… infact how did you know about that?”

“Well we all have secrets Rarity, that is one of mine,” I explained.

“Well it’s good to know you are still alive and here.”

I then smiled at her and said “and it’s good to be alive.”

“Just don't do that to us again darling.”

“I'll try my best Rarity, but I won't make any promises.”

Seconds later Shining Armour said “Okay everypony that leaves two of your friends to save. Who are we going for next?”

“Probably Pinkie. Rainbow Dash's location is unknown at the moment,” I explained.

Twilight then looked at me in confusion before she asked “what do you mean by Rainbow Dash's location is unknown at the moment?”

“I mean that I don't know how to find her without Pinkie's hot air balloon, as she's likely to be flying or on a cloud, also you know how easily pinkie can find her,” I explained.

“Okay then one more teleport and we're at Pinkie's” announced Twilight before she made her way towards me again.

To this my eyes opened wide before I said “No. Not a chance I'm teleporting whilst carrying another pony. Just carrying you lot last time did me in. Sorry but we're walking to Sugarcube Corner.”

“You managed it before, why not now?​” Asked Shining Armour.

Seconds later Fluttershy quietly said “You saw the state of him last time. How much worse do you think he will be carrying somepony else?”

I then nodded to Fluttershy before I continued to say “I'll be too drained to help against Discord. I'm not risking you all falling a second time. I will be there standing by your sides”

Applejack then smiled at me and said “An I'll be happy to be with ya.” before everyone else said “we all are.”

I then lowered my head towards the ground before I began to laugh and looked towards them as I began to smile before I said “first time in years I've had a group of friends stand by my side, and say that want to be with me. Normally it was me against the world.”

To this Twilight announced “Like we’d abandon you Craig, you're our friend and we always stick together.”

“Well it won't be all of us till we have Pinkie and Rainbow back,” I pointed out.

Twilight then nodded to me before she replied “then let's save our friends,” before she nodded to everyone and we all made our way to Sugarcube Corner.


“So how we gonna 'elp Pinkie?” asked Applejack.

“I'm going to talk to her”

“How are you going to help her?” asked Twilight.

“I think that she is feeling similar to how Fluttershy did. Think about it this way she had a new friend but before she could make me feel welcome in Ponyville she believed I was killed. That would be the final straw for her,” I explained.

To this Twilight then said “I guess you're right. Good luck.”

I then walked towards the door and said “luck will have nothing to do with it.”

Once I got inside I heard a voice say “welcome to Sugarcube Corner” however before I can say anything I heard a scream come from a earth pony mare that had a bright blue coat and a two toned red and pink tail and mane who then whimpered “please don't hurt me.”

I then put my hands up and said “calm down. I'm not here to hurt you.”

She then asked me “Then what are you here for?”

“To help Pinkie. I know I look strange but I swear I am not here to harm anyone. You must have guessed something's wrong with her?”

“I did but I didn't want to upset her”

I then smiled at her before saying “do you mind if I go up to see her?”

With that she smiled and said “Please do she's in the second room on the right.”

“Thank you Mrs Cake” I replied before bowing to her before I made my way up the stairs.

Once I reached Pinkie's room I knock on the door and shout “Pinks you in there?”

I then heard her shout “Who are you!? In fact I don't care, just go away!”

“Not a chance Pinkie. I'm not leaving without my favourite pony being back to normal”

“Who are you?”

“Pinkie, it’s me, Craig.”

I then waited a second before the the door flew open as a bright Pink blur grabbed hold in me and shouted “Craig it's you I thought you were dead or worse I so happy to see you again I should throw a thank Celestia you're not dead party.”

I then laughed and said “How about we both throw Discord a this is why you don't mess with the elements of harmony party?” to this she looked at me with a disapproving look before I put my hands up and said “yeah bad idea.”

She then smiled at me before she said “Seriously of all the names you could have thought up you chose that”

“Cut me some slack Pinkie I'm not you. I have to make thing up as I go. It's not like I can break the fourth wall whenever I want. Anyway let's go to everypony else just Rainbow Dash left to save”

Pinkie then looked at me and asked me “Is Dashie still in a bad way?”

“We don't know. We haven't seen her yet, but shall we get going?”

She then nodded to me before we both began to walk down the stairs as we heard Mrs Cake say “I see your better Pinkie.” she then looked at me before she said “ and I guess I have you to thank for helping her.”

I then clench my hand and place it on my chest then said “it was no problem. I would never abandon a friend.”

She then smiled at me before she asked me “but how did you know my name?”

“Mrs Cake, my name is Craig, I am from... well actually I am questioning that after something Discord told me. Anyway I know a bit about Equestria and the inhabitants of this town prior to my arrival yesterday.”

“So you were the strange creature we heard customers talking about?”

Pinkie then began bouncing around before she said “yeperoonie you got it”

I then smiled and looked at Mrs Cake then asked her “Do you mind if we have this conversation later. We need to stop Discord, to ensure that everypony is safe”

“No problem just keep Pinkie safe will ya,” requested Mrs Cake.

“No problem. With any luck she'll be the one looking after me.”

With that we both walked out of the door, shutting it behind us before we walked towards everyone else.

Once we got close to them Pinkie ran up to each of then excluding me and Shining Armour before she began to give each of them a hug. To this both me and Shining both smiled at eachother.

I then stopped as heard a faint noise in the distance. I then quickly looked around and asked everyone “did any of you hear that?”

I then heard the voice again but this time even clearer I managed to hear the words “help me.”

My eyes then open wide as I say “wait that's Scootaloo's voice” not even considering how i was able to hear her.

To this all the girls turned to me before Twilight said “wait did you say Scootaloo?”

Second later we heard the voice again but this time it was a clear as day, “Get away! Somepony! Anypony! Help me!”

I then looked to everyone before saying “All of you go help help Rainbow I'll buy you some time.”

I then began to run towards Scootaloo’s voice before I look beside me to see Shining Armour running next to me as he said “You think I'd leave my teammate alone?”

“Not a chance, let’s stop Discord for a long as possible”

He then smiled and said “Wouldn't have it any other way”

I then smiled before I replied“let's go we have a pony to save,” we then nodded to each other as we both ran towards the sound of Scootaloo's screams.