• Published 6th Dec 2015
  • 10,206 Views, 171 Comments

A Gamer In Equestria: Reborn - The Dark Brony



A man with the powers of his entertaining system travels the land of Equestria alongside the mane six.

  • ...
47
 171
 10,206

Chapter 14 - This is Why I Hate Parties.

-Craig's POV-

When we arrived just outside of the building I took a glance at Rainbow Dash, wondering if she was going to set me up with one of her traps. “You haven’t got a prank set in there for us have you, Dash?” I questioned.

She quickly snapped her head at me waving her hooves in different motions while she hovered in the air. “I swear on my Element that this isn’t a prank!” She turned her head away from me and grinned devilishly.

I was questioning why, Rainbow Dash of all ponies, was somehow able to convince me to come with her and bring me to this all to suspicious house. I closed my eyes, the world turned to a transparent blue illuminating the area around me. I smiled as I saw dozens of different colours spread throughout the home. I took in a breath and exhaled, unimpressed by the attempt. “A Pinkie party,” I muttered.

Rainbow Dash's pupils and irises dilate, she slowly motions her head in my direction, surprise strewn across her face. “But…! How-”

I smiled at her reaction. I open my eyes as I finished examining the house. “I can sense energy Dash. Don’t worry I'll act surprised.”

To this, she smiled back and then said “let's go in” with that I then opened the door and then three of us stepped into the house.

Once we got inside it was still dark inside as I walked over to the light switch and as I turn it on I heard everyone shouted “surprise!”

Seconds later I jumped back in shock as my body collapsed and I quickly grabbed hold of my chest as Fluttershy ran up to me and asked “Craig, are you okay?”

I then weakly whispered, “Yeah, Just shocked me.” I then slowly stood up and said “just give me a second.” I then continue to stand up and take a few deep breaths and then looked back to everyone who all looked terrified as I said “Don’t worry I’m fine.”

I then saw that everyone began to relax as Applejack walked up to me and said “Ya had us all worried their partner.”

I then lowered my head towards the ground and muttered out “Sorry.”

Applejack then looks worried again as she asked me “Craig what's wrong?” I slowly began to walk backwards and she then said “Craig?”

I then stepped out of the door and bolted up the street as I heard Rainbow Dash shout “I’ll find out what’s wrong!” before she quickly flew after me.

-Scootaloo’s POV-

When I saw him I wondered what had just happened to Craig. I began to worry as I realised that this wasn’t normal for him. I then look up to see everyone as worried as I am. Seconds later Pinkie walked up to me however unlike her normal poofy look her hair has instead fallen flat and lifeless, she then said “Something's wrong nopony ran away from one of my parties before.”

I then told her “I’m sure he has his reasons Pinkie.”

“But why did he back away? He looked terrified,” asked Pinkie Pie.

“He must ‘ave a reason of some kind” replied Applejack.

Seconds later I heard a voice from just behind me ask “Where’s Craig?”

Pinkie then shouted “He ran off Twilight. Dashie went off after him.”

I then added, “He looked scared.”

Twilight then looked at us clearly confused and said “I doubt Craig was scared he battled Discord alone and wasn’t scared.”

Pinkie then looked at her and said “You didn’t see him. He collapsed and then when he stood back up he walked out the house then ran off.”

Twilight then looked up in thought then murmured “Well he does have Asperger's Syndrome Pinkie… he was most likely terrified being around so many ponies at once.”

I then thought about what Twilight just said and it then hit me. “If that is the case it explains a bit about him, like his reaction when we first saw him. He can’t cope well with groups of ponies.”

Twilight then looked at me and said “Yes and that will mean he’ll just be calming back down.”

“I guess we need to wait for Rainbow to find him and bring him back,” I admitted.

I then heard Pinkie shout “we might as well party till he gets back!” With that, her Mane began to turn back into its normal poofy style.

I then just stood where I was and think Please be okay dad.


-Craig’s POV-

As I fled from the party I felt ashamed with myself. I just ran didn’t think about anyone else and just ran. Could I be any more of a coward?

Once I got a distance away from the party I stopped as my hand slammed into a nearby wall like surface. I then stopped as I realised exactly where I was as I realised I was under the cliff where I first saw Scootaloo and the girls. I then said calmly “This is where I first met Scootaloo, this is where I arrived and had my first problem with social interaction in this world.” I then dropped to the floor whilst I smiled towards the ground before I looked back to the ground and muttered “man I was a jerk.”

I then heard a voice behind me say “No you weren’t.”

I then quickly looked back up to see Rainbow Dash in front of me, I then said regretfully “You heard that?”

She then nodded her head and said “Yeah all of it” she then looked to me and asked me “How long?”

“What?” I asked in confusion.

“How long were you planning on not telling us you had this to deal with?” she asked again.

“I wasn’t planning on telling you,” I admitted before I sighed and said “I always had the symptoms, but over the last year I've deteriorated and became worse. This is to the point that even with small groups I can’t cope, and have to get away.”

She then asked me “Is that why you ran? You needed to get away because you couldn’t cope with that many ponies around you?”

I then nodded my head and said “yeah,” I then continued to tell her “but I've got to get over it for Scootaloo’s sake. If I can’t we’ll be kicked out of our home and she’ll have nowhere to go. That's why I’ve got to fight back against my own weakness and cure myself.”

Rainbow Dash then walked over to me and said “I’m not one for this soppy stuff but I think you can do it. Besides you seem fine when you're performing.” she then continued to say “you’ll never fight it alone, you’ve got us all beside you to help.”

I then looked back at her and smiled before I said “thank you” I then stood up and continued to say “you are right.”

I then smiled at her before I said “before we go back do you mind,”

She then smiled back to me and said “If you mean to perform a song then go ahead.”

“Thank you” I replied before I began to perform The Past is Not Today.

Once I had finished my wings slowly dispersed before I slowly landed back on the ground again before I said “I needed that so badly.”

Rainbow Dash then walked up to me and said “We better get back I bet everyone will be worried about you.”

I then smiled before I said “Yeah. Thank you for helping me, you really pulled me out from a dark place there.”

She then smiled at me before she asked “just promise me one thing... Never tell anypony what happened here today.”

I then smiled before I said, “cross my heart, hope to fly, Stick a cupcake in my eye.”

We then both just smiled and laughed before Rainbow Dash said “Let's go” To this, I just nodded my head as we began to walk back to my house.


As I got back to the house I felt a strange feeling of dread as I realised what I could have caused.

As I slowly reached for the handle I took one last deep breath and opened the door to see everyone happily unaware that I was back to which I just smiled and whispered to Rainbow Dash “Guess everyone wasn’t as worried about me as we thought.”

To this, she just smiled and whispered to me “Just do your best” and then began to walk around the room.

Seconds later I was hit by what I imagined would have felt like a bullet that I instantly knew to be Pinkie who shouted “Oh my god Craig you're okay I didn’t upset you please don’t say I upset you I never meant to upset you please forgive me if…”

At this point, I quickly put my hand over her mouth and muffled her then said “Pinkie calm down, No you didn’t upset me.” I then sighed and continued to say “I have a bit of explaining to do.”

I then took my hand off her mouth and she asked me “What is it? Do you have a social disorder or something? Is that why you were so scared?”

I then sighed before I replied “yeah you’ve got it in one I’ve got the social side of Asperger's meaning that I can’t cope with large groups. I was scared and felt like I had to escape.” I then looked at Pinkie and continued to tell her “I’m sorry if I upset you” I then gestured to everyone there and said “All of you.”

Scootaloo then walked up to me and said “At least you're okay dad, I was really worried about you.”

I then knelt down, hugged her and said “I’m sorry you shouldn’t have to be the one who has to worry. I’ll try not to do it again.”

She then looked back to me, smiled and said “okay dad.”

I then heard Rainbow shout from up the stairs “Craig, Squirt get over here,” which caused me to chuckle as I remembered an old video game character.

I then looked at Scootaloo and we both began to walk towards to and up the stairs towards where Rainbow Dash shouted us from.

Once we reached the top we saw Rainbow Dash directing us towards Scootaloo’s empty room as I realised that I hadn’t sorted her out a bed yet.

I then look at her as we reach the room to see her face light up and I look at her in confusion. I then proceeded to look into the room and cover my mouth as I realised that her room had been fully outfitted, this included a bed, shelving, and posters of… Rainbow Dash... Of course, it would be her. I then looked at Rainbow and said “So you knew she didn’t have anything in her room.”

“Yeah, besides you don’t have enough to sort the squirt out a room and we needed to thank you for helping us with Discord so we decided to help you with her room, being you told us that you didn’t want to be recognised for what you did.”

Seconds later Scootaloo grabbed hold of Rainbow Dash and screamed “Thank you, thank you, thank you.”

I then smiled at her before I said “thank you. The posters of you are a nice touch.”

She then blushed before she said “Thanks”

“No problem” I then continued to say “we better head back down, don’t want to miss the party,” with that we all begin to smile as we begin to walk back down the stairs.

Once we got down the stairs I sat on the bottom step and began to think about everything that had happened today however before I get the chance to finish my thought I heard Twilight say “So now everypony knows your secret, anything else you're hiding?”

“Twilight… would I tell you if I did have other secrets?”

“I suppose that's true,” She then looked at me, smiled and then said “but why didn’t you tell everyone sooner… they could have helped you.”

I then looked down to the ground before I told her “I was ashamed of my past. I just wanted to forget it but you can’t forget what you were lest you lose who you are.”

“Did you look into philosophy before you came to Equestria or something?”

I then laughed before I said, “No, I just had no social life and spent my time reading or listening to quotes.” I then continued to say “Anyway Twi I need to talk to everyone I've got a few more apologies to make. I’ll talk to you later.”

As I continued to talk to everyone around the house, which to me was very small a large majority kept asking me if I was okay to which I always replied to them that I was, which seemed to calm most of them down, however, it did little calm down Applejack and Rarity. I guess they could tell there was more to it than I was letting on; well they can’t find out, at least not yet.

As the night went on I slowly became more agitated and wanted to do something to calm down, but deep down I knew that I'd need a break soon or I'd lose it. It must have been obvious to Pinkie and Rainbow Dash as they walked over to me and Pinkie whispered to me “You need a break?” to which I just nodded.

Rainbow then looked at me “I’ll be honest I need a bit of room as well maybe a bit of a flight.” She then looked at me and asked “you interested?”

“I’ll go outside but I'll just sit down in the fresh air for a bit.”

“Fair enough” she agrees then as we begin to walk out I see Pinkie begin to follow us as three pairs of eyes follow us out the room.


Once we got outside I took a deep breath as Rainbow Dash asked me “you okay?”

I then smiled and said, “yeah just contemplating how I'm going to manage a performance when I fled from everypony before.”

Pinkie then said from behind us “Maybe we need to practice our music to help you get over your fears of performing.”

“Maybe? But what would we perform?”

“I’m sure you have one... right” admitted Pinkie.

I then rubbed the back of my head and said “maybe… Do you know a song called Paralyzed by Big Time Rush?”

“Yeah I’ve heard of it. Do you know the lyrics?”

“Just about, you sure you want to Pinkie?” to this she just nodded her head and I continued to say “okay then.” I then turned my head to face Rainbow Dash and told her “could you please tell everypony to stay inside.”

“On it” she then stepped back towards the house before she said to me “We better still hear you, though.”

“I’ll do my best” she then nodded her head and stepped into the house. Once she was out of view I turned to Pinkie and asked her “You ready?”

She then just nodded her head and jumped onto a kit of drums behind us and I muttered “Don’t question it, just don’t question it” I then grabbed my guitar as it changed to an electric Guitar and multiple amps appeared behind us ready to her, we then begin to perform Paralyzed by Big Time Rush.

As I looked back up I saw Sweetie Belle, Scootaloo and Applebloom staring at me. I then heard them scream “that was amazing!”

They then all ran up to me then jumped onto me causing me to fall over and almost land on my back, however just before this happened some blue tendrils sprouted from my back, pierced the ground below me then pushed me back onto two legs.

Seconds later both Applebloom and Sweetie Belle jumped backwards and screamed “What in Tartarus is that!”

Me and Scootaloo then looked at each other and asked them “what is what?”

“Those things that came from your back” replied Sweetie Belle

I then looked at her as I realised what she meant and replied “oh you mean Bii.”

“Who?” Applebloom asked curiously.

“Bii is a Klyntar that Hybrid left with Craig before he returned to his universe,” replied Scootaloo.

“Wow so that is another creature?” asked Sweetie Belle.

“Yeah, although it is young think of it as a newborn foal, but instead of it feeding on food it feeds off the nutrients from my body to survive.”

“Looks like the little guys quite helpful,” admitted Applebloom.

I then knelt down and said, “He most likely will be.”

Second later Pinkie came speeding towards us before Bii quickly created a large blue shield in front of us using his tendrils that morphed into the desired shape which surprisingly was strong enough not to break but malleable enough to cause her to just bounce off it. I then turned to her in shock and asked her “Pinkie are you okay?”

She then stood up and rubbed her head and said “I think so.” She then looked at me in surprise and said “Even I didn’t expect that to be hard enough to not bend or break but be bouncy enough to cause me to fly backwards.” She then smiled and said, “it was kind of fun actually.”

I then shook my head and told her “I am never going to understand you Pinkie.”

Seconds later everyone in the house comes running outside and surrounded me, as this happened I felt Bii getting ready to do something, however before I get the chance to tell him to stop I heard one of the ponies say “he gone.” I then look at them confusion until I realised that my body had become completely camouflaged with the environment around me.

I then few above of the mob of ponies and landed on a nearby roof. At that point, Bii then removed the camouflage as I just lay prone on the roof and shouted “Try and find me!”

Everyone then turned their heads around in shock at the voice that seemed to be coming from nowhere as I smirked. However seconds Pinkie appeared next to me and whispered “found you.”

I then turned to her, smiled then whispered “well done who do you think will be next?”

“Probably Dashie.”

“If she flies above us yeah... shall we wait and see?”

She then looked at me and nodded her head in agreement as we both just lay on the tiles as silent as an assassin.


-30 minutes later-

After what seemed like an hour I whispered to Pinkie, “shall we put them out of their misery?”

“I guess this has gone on long enough,” she sighed back.

I then whispered to her “want a lift?” She then just stared back at me and nodded her head as I smiled and said “Jump on my back.” She then smiled back at me, jumped and landed on my back as I closed my eyes before I began to levitate off the ground and shouted “Congratulations to Pinkie who found me ages ago!”

Everyone then looked up to see us slowly floating back towards the ground in front of them as Rainbow Dash shouted “Oh come on you were hiding on a roof!”

“Yep” both myself and Pinkie Pie chuckled.

Twilight then asked me “how did you disappear from right in front of us?”

“It seems Bii has more tricks than we originally thought,” I admitted with a smile.

She then looked at me and shouted “That was Bii, that's insane!” She then pulled out a notebook and begins to scribble something down. She then quickly asked me “what else can he do?”

“Well from what I have seen he has created what I would say were tendrils that could be used as extra arms, a shield that could be as hard as diamonds or a springy as a trampoline and as I just explained it seem he can camouflage me in with the environment around me.”

I then heard Rainbow Dash say “Craig you realise what you have the ability to do now? You have the ability to nap whenever you want. Invisible naps are the best nap of all time.”

I then looked at her and said “nopony should have that kind of power.”

“You would be completely unstoppable.”

I then looked at her, shook my head and said “no that would be a grievous misuse of Bii’s power.”

She then looked to twilight and said “Twilight we need another one of these things.”

“Ignore her, ” I told Twilight.

She then smiled at me, nodded her head in agreement and then told me “I’m with you, she is not getting a Klyntar.”

I then heard Rainbow Dash moan a before she shouted “fine!” before she flew off.

I rolled my eyes and sai, “she’ll be fine after she calms down.”

I then turned around to see everypony walking away from the house and back into town which caused me to smile then state “the party must be over” I then looked at Pinkie the said, “thank you for a great night.”

To this, she just smiled and said “No problem, see you tomorrow” with that she began to walk back towards Sugarcube Corner.

I then shouted to her “See you later!” I then turn to everyone else and says “You all heading home as well?”

They then all just nodded to me as one by one they all to leave. I then shouted to each of them “Goodnight everyone!” before both myself and Scootaloo walked back into the house.

Once we got back inside I said to Scootaloo “You better get to bed, you’ve got school in the morning.”

She quickly muttered out “But... “ however before she could finish what she was saying she began to yawn.

I then looked at her and said “If you were going to say your not tired you kind of shot yourself in the hoof.” I then pointed upstairs and said, “You better go to bed.”

She then slowly tried to climb the stairs to her room but promptly just started snoring half way up and just lay there. I then smiled, walked up to her and picked her up.

As I began to walk up the stairs she began to nuzzle my arm same as the last time as I heard her murmur “I love you, dad.”

I then smiled as I walked towards her room, opened the door, and then proceeded to lie her down on her bed as I tucked her in and then whisper to her “I love you too Scoots.” I then kissed her on the forehead, stood back up and walked out of the room quietly before closing the door as I left.

I then proceed to walk into my room and put my guitar on the floor next to my bed. I then remove my amulet and Sasuke's token from my neck and placed them on the desk beside me.

I then lay down on my bed before I began to drift off to sleep.