• Published 6th Dec 2015
  • 10,212 Views, 171 Comments

A Gamer In Equestria: Reborn - The Dark Brony



A man with the powers of his entertaining system travels the land of Equestria alongside the mane six.

  • ...
47
 171
 10,212

Chapter 11 - Meeting a Shadow

Author's Note:

This is a rewrite of Crossover I did with kingrulerworld's story The Price Of Power.

I enjoyed the Crossover the first time and I enjoyed seeing it again now, You can expect more to come in the future as we get closer to getting back to the where the old story was before the restart.

Hope to hear from you
The Dark Brony

-Craig POV-

Once I arrived at the train station I looked down the tracks and see that there is no train is in view. I just sighed as I thought My life has changed so drastically in so little time. This time, three days ago I was sitting down in my room about to give up on life and now I'm standing in a world I could only dream existed.

“Craig do you know what was going to happen if you hadn't come to this world?” asked Discord from inside my mind.

“Probably the same as in the show I’d guess.”

“No there was one difference to the show. My reasons for doing this.”

“You did it to save yourself so what?”

“In the show, I wasn't living in fear of being killed. That difference would have caused me to seek help but they wanted me to cause someone to lose hope. So I tortured a being that had little to lose and a lot to gain. I never assumed you’d even find a way to get here, which was when I saw you knew had to keep the ruse going… but I didn’t want to keep it going until I saw…” He then went quiet.

“Let me guess the person who threatened you?” I checked to which he just muttered “Yes...”

I then just smiled before I said “Discord… I'm here to help you, you know that.”

“Yeah I know… Craig was you aware of your eyes when you were fighting me?”

“Well no, why you ask?” I asked him as I looked towards the timetable to see that the next train was supposed to arrive in one minute before I thought At least things can't get any stranger.

“Well, it’s becau…” Discord said before I heard him scream causing me to say “what the...” however before I could finish my sentence I felt a jolt of pain shoot through me as I fell onto my knees and put both my hands against the sides of my head. I then managed to look up to see the train coming into the station.

The train then stopped before everyone stepped out onto the platform, However as Twilight looked around the platform she saw me with shock plastered over her face before she began to run towards me and shouted “Craig what's wrong!?” however before I could answer her a portal appeared below me which I fell into and closed behind me before Twilight could reach me.

-Unknown POV-

I woke up on the train next to Starlight. She was still sleeping so I got up and looked around. The train car had a desk, two beds, and a table. Probably shouldn’t have slept with Starlight. Oh well, she’ll never know. I sat down at the desk and opened my book.

I started making some of the scrolls I’d need when a sword dropped on my desk. It looked like the sword from the Legend of Zelda. Weird. It had Celestia’s cutie mark on one side and Luna’s on the other. Very weird. I picked it up and a voice shouted in my head.Hi my name is Craig. If ever you are in danger, are scared, frightened or even just need an ally to stand by your side in your darkest hour. Call on me and I will come and do everything in my power to aid you.

I reflexively sent chakra through it and felt a strange wave of energy pass through me. After a moment of hoping I didn’t do anything world-breaking, I put the sword down and sensed the train. At the back, there was a new power. It was comparable to my own but it felt different from anything I’d felt before. It was possibly very dangerous. I’d wait to see what it did before I did anything else.

-Craig’s POV-

Once the light faded I shook my head before I saw that I was no longer at the train station but was instead on a train. I then blinked, before I said “Discord you there?”

“Yes. Any idea where we are?”

“On a train. I wonder if I just got displaced?”

“Any skills from games you could use to find out?”

I then scratched my head and said “there was sensing power levels? I could give that a try. If there anyone one with a larger power level I should be able to pick them up from the crowd.”

“Might as well give it a shot,” replied Discord.

“It's the best chance we have of getting answers, I guess” I admitted before I closed my eyes and instantly get hit by a wave of energy and grab my head again however I manage to regain composure and focus once again. Seconds later I tried again and managed sense a stronger power further up the train and tell Discord “found someone with a high power level. Could be our guy?”

“Let's go and find out.”

“Yeah” I agreed before I opened the door between the carriage and walk towards where the energy was coming from.

As I continued to walk through the train I could sense his energy getting stronger and stronger. No not energy... Chakra. “Discord you felt that too right. it’s the same type of energy as when I cloned myself against you. This guy must have been cosplaying as someone from Naruto.”

He then asked, “Naruto wasn’t that another anime?”

“Yeah. I just hope it’s not Pain or Orochimaru. neither of them are good news,” I then stopped and said “to be fair it could be bad if it’s Naruto or Sasuke they're both dangerous. I just hope that this guy's in control of himself.”

I then continued to walk through the train and eventually some of the ponies on the train saw me and instantly hid from me, leaving me to think what has this guy done to scare them this much?

Seconds later I felt a nearby power level skyrocket as I approach a door to the left of me. I then carefully reach towards it before slowly opening it to see someone who looked like Sasuke Uchiha sitting next to sleeping unicorn as I think what the hell is going on?

-Unknown POV-

“Well now. That’s not something you see everyday,” I said. Standing in front of me was another human. It was the power I was sensing earlier. I must have summoned him with the sword.

“Who are you?” I asked as I eyed him suspiciously.

“Names Craig and from that getup I guess you are Sasuke?”

“Second question: why couldn’t you have been a beautiful woman?”

I then turned my head to see Discord standing next to me as he says “Strange the aura around you is similar to that around you Craig,” he then clicks his fingers and Craig’s body changes into that of a woman's.

“I can work with this,” I said wondering how Discord escaped again. “How is it you’re here? Both of you. And why don’t you recognise me, Discord?”

To this Discord said “We are not of this world. Your world's version of me is probably still in stone whilst in our world Craig here defeated me single-handedly and the elements weren’t used on me.”

Craig then said, “I suppose you found my token and then summoned me here.” He then turned to Discord and said “okay the jokes over Discord turn me back to normal.”

“Wait, before you do that,” I said. “Want to do it? I haven’t seen a woman since I first arrived in Equestria like over a thousand years ago. I’m starting to feel things for horses. Unnatural things.”

Craig then just chuckled before he asked me “One what the hell is wrong with you and two that explains the Unicorn there. What is she your marefriend?”

“What? NO!” I yelled. “She’s just an employee. Besides, I’m married.”

My outburst woke up Starlight. She shook the sleep out of her eyes and sat up. “Why are there two of you?” she asked groggily.

“Take a closer look, Starlight,” I said. “This guy is different.”

“Oh Faust, not another one,” she whimpered.

“God am I really that bad? What has he done to make you think I'm evil?” asked Craig in confusion.

“I didn’t do anything,” I said. “Ponies are just super sensitive.”

“DIDN”T DO ANYTHING!?!” Starlight screamed. “There was a special newspaper release last night! You put Princess Celestia in the hospital! An ALICORN! YOU PUT AN ALICORN IN THE HOSPITAL! And then you let an Ursa major loose in Canterlot!”

I smiled, “I really think I deserve a medal or something. Do you know how hard it is to give an alicorn lasting injuries?”

Craig then looked at me before his eyes turned blood red and he punched me straight between the eyes and said “What the fuck is your major malfunction. Do you realise how many people you could have killed? Were you born stupid or something because that is just pure stupidity!”

I rubbed my face in pain, “Ow, you dick. Everything was calculated. There were no ponies on the street during one of the busiest times of the day. I couldn’t sense anything from the houses either. Clearly they had all been moved someplace safe. The only casualties would have been the guards and they signed up for that kind of thing. Plus Celestia can raise the sun in her sleep. I know, I’ve seen her do it before.”

“That’s not the point. The point is that in my world I have protected the innocent and you have soiled that very claim in this world. The only way this could be even stranger is if you were married to Luna for god’s sake”

“Yeah, so about that…” I started.

“You’re married to Princess Luna?” Starlight screamed.

“Yes?” I responded.

Craig’s eyes then went wide as he said to Discord “Turn me back to normal now.” with that he quickly turned back into a man and then asked me “You were going to start a relationship with me and you're married to royalty. Were you dropped on your head when you were born?”

We then all turned our heads towards Discord as we heard him laughing and he said “oh Celestia this is just priceless you're saying that you are married to Luna and you wanted to do another guy from another reality. You are crazy you know that and I should know I am the god of chaos.”

“My marriage with Luna was an accident. Although I am still technically king of Equestria. When I was imprisoned they forgot to strip my title. We were on a mission, there were some dragons, it’s a long story. And who said anything about a relationship? Relations. Not relationship.”

“You’re disgusting,” Starlight said.

“Aww, don’t be like that,” I pleaded.

Craig then said “That is just strange. but I'm not one to judge people on one action they make. why do you think I forgave Discord for trying to kill me, and making my life back home a living hell. besides I may be loyal to Celestia, however, I am also a free man in Equestria. Oh, and by the way sorry for punching you, I have a bit of a short fuse.”

“It’s fine,” I said, “I would probably get punched in the face more if ponies were as aggressive as humans. But don’t forget, I’ll tag you back eventually. So I’m curious. You already know my powers; what are yours?”

To this Craig just smiled and said “my powers are quite strange I can manipulate any power from any game I have played. For example, I am able to use thu'um from Skyrim and I have also managed to perform a shadow clone Jutsu. But you already know a lot about how chakra works I imagine.”

“Interesting,” I said, “So you played Skyrim? Does that mean you can use God Mode?”

He then scratched his head and said “To be honest I've never heard of that. But it is likely that I could if I knew how it worked.”

I activated my Sharingan and placed Craig under my genjutsu. I showed him how to use the console commands and the effects of God Mode. “You’ll get unlimited health, Magicka, and stamina,” I told him as I released him. “You’ll also eliminate the need for cooldowns and be able to cast any spell even ones you don’t normally have the capacity to use. Wanna see if you can do it?”

He then looked at me and asked me curiously “sure it’s safe to try whilst we are on the train. wouldn’t it be better to try when we are outside?”

“That is an excellent point,” I said grabbing his shoulder. “We won’t be gone long Starlight.”


-Badlands-

I teleported us to an open field in the Badlands. I had a fought there a long time ago and some of my shurikens remained. “Go for it,” I said.

He then closed his eyes and then said “here goes nothing” second later his body began to glow. hH then open his eyes and said “this feels strange.” he then quickly turned around and asked me “wait do you feel that?”

“Yup. You feel like a bottomless well of power.”

“Yeah but that's not what I mean. it feels like we're being watched” he then turned his body around and brought his hands to his side and then shouted “Kamehameha!” second later I see a crevice filled with changelings staring at us he then said, “I knew something didn’t feel right.”

“Haven’t seen changelings in a while,” I said. “Want to test out your new powers on them?”

“Nah they’re not worth the energy it would cost to do so”

“You’re no fun,” I activated my mangekyou sharingan and surrounded the changelings with black flames. “Tell your queen, Sasuke’s back,” I instructed them. I quelled the flames and they flew away.

“So how will you test out your powers?”

“I can see one person who would be a great sparring partner.”

“Well then,” I said drawing my sword, “Let’s do this.”

-Craig POV-

With that, I grabbed hold of my guitar and turn it back into my sword and then quickly unsheathed it and said “Ready when you are” I then bow to him and hold my sword ready to defend myself.

He runs at me and slashes. I defend and we start sword fighting. He’s quick and his sharingan gives him a slight advantage.

I then smile and say “Nice try maybe it’s time for a bit of fun” I then quickly perform a Shadow Clone Jutsu and say “you ready for some fun” I then shout “Mul Qah” and each of the clones begin to charge towards him. I then jump off the ground and just float there and watch as he tries to fight each of the clones.

He forms his own clones and one of them starts breathing fireballs while another blows wind from either side. When the two attacks collide, they turn into fire tornadoes that come after myself and my clones.

To this, I just smiled and then placed two fingers on my forehead and teleport into the centre of the tornado and hold my sword up and walk inside the tornado and wait to see what he would do next.

All of a sudden giant timberwolves run through the fire and attack me.

To this, I just smiled and said “not bad Sasuke.Shame these aren’t real or I might have actually been worried” I then placed my hand on the back of my sword on top of Celestia's Cutie Mark and the Timberwolves begin to fade away I then shouted “FiemZiiGron!” and I completely disappeared and the Tornado stopped motionless.

I then saw Sasuke standing outside of the where the tornado stops and he looked straight at me. “You can’t hide from the sharingan,” he said with a smile. “Now let’s see how strong you really are.” He forms Susanoo’s bones and fires a giant purple arrow covered in a black fire at me.

I then just smiled and stood there and the arrow hits me with a direct blow. however once the flames scatter over the battlefield I simply said “Well that was ineffective what else you got or do you want me to start trying?”

“No,” he says. “This was a pretty good test. Taking one of Susanoo’s arrows to the face is a pretty good indicator. Wouldn’t you say? What I really wonder is what happens to your body once you turn God Mode off.”

I then laughed and said, “Wait you thought I had it on I turned it off after the changelings arrived I haven’t been using God Mode at all during this fight.”

He looked confused, “Then what was the point of this fight?”

“To prove to you that you're not as powerful as you made out. Now do you want me to fight properly?”

“Not particularly. I am on the run after all. Spending too much time in one place and fighting with you is a huge ‘Here I am’. Besides,” he grinned. “You helped me lead them in the wrong direction.”

“By them, I guess you mean the royal guard, and don’t worry I don’t think they’ll get here for a while.”

“Next time, eager beaver. I promise I’ll beat you senseless, how’s that?” he said as he grabbed my shoulder. We teleported back to the train.


-Sasuke POV-

Once Craig and I were back on the train I saw Starlight talking with Discord. Starlight’s hair was a mess and she seemed very agitated. Her ear and eye were twitching.

“What’s wrong with you?” I asked her.

“Oh nothing,” she said sarcastically, “just talking about how you humans are chaotic and violent species with a god of chaos from another world. I think I need to lie down.”

Craig then looked at Discord and asked him “what did you do?”

To this Discord replied “I didn’t do anything. Why so offensive?”

“I’m going to have to ask that you do not traumatise my employees,” I said. I walked over to Starlight. “Speaking of speaking, Starlight stick out your tongue.”

“Why,” she asked while complying. I pointed two fingers at her tongue. Cursed Tongue Eradication Technique. A black mark showed up at the back of her tongue.

“Now if you try to reveal any information about myself or my new associate here, your body will be paralysed,” I said. I turned to Craig, “Got to cover our bases. You should use that one sometime. Helps protect captured allies.”

Craig then said, “I honestly don’t think that my friends would be like that and besides I don’t even know if I would need to do that to anyone.” I then knelt down next to Starlight and say “are you OK. I’m sorry if Discord scared you at all.”

“I’m fine,” she said. “It’s just a week ago, I never really left the lab and now… it’s just a lot to take in.”

Craig then just smiled and said “To be honest at least you’ve had a week to get use to being around one human. I’ve only had three days to get used to the whole population of Ponyville and Celestia and Luna. It’s a lot different to home.”

Starlight then smiled at Craig and closed her eyes, resting on the bed. “She’s a lot tougher than she looks,” I pointed out.

“You're no weakling yourself,” Craig admitted. He then asked me “have you made yourself a token yet?”

“A token?” I asked. “Is that what those weird things are? No, I haven’t made one.”

“By weird things I take it you're referring to the blade that you found?” Craig checked.

“Among other things,” I said. “By the way, I’m keeping the sword. Looks awesome. You can’t have it back.”

To this Craig just smiled as he reached just under his top and pulls out a chain that has a copy of the blade attached to it. he then says “I don’t think that it is an issue. you can keep it.”

“Great. Then I should give you this,” I summoned a small jade magatama necklace. I held it to my chest and whispered, “I am Sasuke Uchiha, Black Sun of Equestria, Two-Legged Pony, etcetera, etcetera. Should you need my assistance in any endeavour, just give me a call and I will appear.”

The necklace multiplied as soon as I finished speaking and the copies disappeared. “That’s unusual,” I said as I handed Craig the original necklace.

Craig then smiled back and said “Thank you. I'll be honest if you ever do need my help just ask and I will come and help you” He then turned to Discord and said “We better be heading off soon. Everyone's probably worried about us back home.” with that Discord disappeared from in front of me.

Craig then proceeds to place my necklace around neck next to his own and placed them both back below his top.

“It has been a pleasure,” I said. “We’ll have to do this again sometime.”

To this Craig simply smiled and said “I look forward to it.” He then extended his hand out and we both shook each other's hand. He then reaches towards his amulet once again as it begins to glow and then a small gateway appears near the door and he walked towards it.

Just before he walked through the portal he put one hand up and waved just before he stepped through the door and disappeared.

-Craig’s POV-

Second later I arrived back in my own reality before I stood up, rubbed my head and said, “did all that really just happen?” I then reach towards my chest and felt the necklace Sasuke gave me resting against my chest before I thought that did happen... I didn't imagine that.

I then looked up to see that I was just outside Sweet Apple Acres before I smiled and began to walk up the road and towards the farm.