• Published 6th Dec 2015
  • 10,162 Views, 171 Comments

A Gamer In Equestria: Reborn - The Dark Brony



A man with the powers of his entertaining system travels the land of Equestria alongside the mane six.

  • ...
47
 171
 10,162

Chapter 10 - It’s a new Dawn, Day and Life for me

The next morning I woke up to a sound I hadn't heard in a long time. Silence. I finally had a moment where I could think clearly.

I then slowly sat up to see Discord sitting on a chair on the almost out of my line of sight near the corner of the room, before I looked at him and said “Good morning.”

"That it is. Oh by the way as we leave be careful Rainbow Dash tried to pull the old water bucket trick.”

I then shook my head and muttered “is that seriously the best she could do? My younger brother has done better. I guess we'll just need to outplay her, let's wait till we are done with our meeting with the princesses.” I then sighed then said, “Discord just check outside see where she is.” He then just nodded to me before he clicked his claws and disappeared.

Whilst he was gone I walked over to the desk before I saw a cupboard that was open slightly. As I walked closer I saw something that seemed to be out of place, a large black and white trench coat that almost looked to be made for a human, not a pony.

I then thought why is this even here? I looked at the desk nearby as I saw a small note that read

Craig, take this trench coat as a gift, we wish you the best you luck. We’ll both meet you eventually. K&A

I then looked back at the coat in the cupboard before taking it out before putting it on to strangely found it fit almost as if it had been tailored to fit me. I the quickly grabbed my guitar from beside my bed before turning back into my sword and attaching it to my side.

After a minute Discord appeared in the room and said “she's outside waiting around the corner for you to leave.” He then stopped as he saw the trench coat and asked almost as if he had seen it before “Where did you get that?”

“It was in the cupboard with this note on the desk.” I admitted.

“Well… okay then,” Discord replied with a look that left me to believe that he had indeed seen this coat before as he said, “shall we go?”

“yep let's go,” I then smiled before I said “I’ve got an idea you'll like,” I chuckled as I walked towards the door.

Once I reached the door I closed my eyes and sensed where the bucket was before I locked on to it with telekinesis.

I then slowly opened the door before stepping out of the room leaving the bucket floating just above the frame.

I then turned to Rainbow Dash and smiled at her as she stepped towards me before I said “good try but my brother tried that for his last April fools joke before I came to Equestria.” I then flicked my wrist towards her before the bucket of water went flying towards her and before she could react, she was soaked from head to hoof with the water that was in the water.

I then smiled at her as I said “Better luck next time,” as I began to walk towards the throne room with Dash walking just behind me water dripping from her coat.

I then stopped and decided to take pity on her as I told her “stay still for a second.” I then clicked by fingers creating a red ball of energy in each of my hands that were radiating heat before I slowly moved them near Rainbow Dash’s coat which began to dry her instantly.

Once I had finished I calmly said “sorry Dash but I can't let you get one up on me that easily.”

She then asked me “But how did you know about the bucket?”

“Discord told me.”

“I should have known,” she groaned.

“It wasn't that much of a surprise was it, you must have known I would be expecting something like that besides you never were the sort of per... pony to take things slow.”

She then rubbed the back of her head before she said “I guess you're right there.”

I then smiled before I told her “any way we better head to see Celestia and the others. Come on we don't want to be any later.” With that, we both rush towards the throne room. I then shouted to Rainbow Dash “race ya!”

“Oh you're on,” She replied before she began to fly around the castle whilst I ran next to her keeping up with her without trying as the trench coat behind me lifting up flowing behind me.


Once we arrived at the throne room I quickly skidded to a stop before I said “well done Dash you almost kept up with me.”

She just stopped there breathing hard and muttered “how... in Equestria... are you that fast?”

“Dash in the anime there were people who could travel at supersonic speeds from a dead start. Not to mention I could have just teleported here.”

Seconds later we heard another voice say “Well that is a surprise, Ya beat rainbow in a race. Not an easy thing to do.”

I then turned around before I said “really Applejack, you sure about that. I didn't even go full speed. I could go faster but that wouldn’t be fun would it and it would probably have caused havoc in the hallways.”

She then just stopped and said “Ya didn't go as fast as ya could, and ya beat Rainbow in a race. that's crazy ya must be jokin’.”

“No. Do I look worn out to you, to be honest, if we were both flying it’s likely she’d be faster than me.”

Applejack then just looked at me before she said “Well ya look like ya could still go another round with Discord.”

“He probably could,” Discord agreed.

“Fair enough.” Applejack agreed before she continued to say “Anyway the princess’s asked us to meet 'em in the courtyard. Everypony else is already there waitin' for us.”

“In that case, we’d better get moving wouldn't want to keep everyone waiting,” I admitted before we began to walk out of the throne room as we made our way towards the main courtyard.


Once we reached the courtyard I took a deep breath in as I realised that for the first time in years I was walking around without fear of being attacked. As soon as I looked forwards I saw everyone smiling at me as Celestia said “Looks like you had a good night's sleep.”

“Yeah first one without a nightmare for years, and first time in a comfortable bed in two days, along with it being first time in two days I fell asleep naturally. So yes I definitely had a good night sleep, although it would have been better if I wasn’t in my armour,” I admitted with a smile.

“Well, we are glad we help thou last night,” Luna replied as she stared at me.

I then looked at her before I said “Sorry, is there something on my face?”

“No, but where do thou get that,” Luna asked me gesturing to the trench coat I had found.

“Oh, it was in the room you gave me it was in a cupboard with a note on the desk saying it was for me. It was signed K & A.” I explained

“K & A?” Luna whispered.

Celestia the quickly announced “anyway Craig we would like to thank you for what you have done for us. In three days you have befriended an enemy that both myself and my sister could never have managed to do.”

“It was my pleasure,” I said with confidence.

To this she just smiled at me before she said “however we would still like to reward you for your actions.” Seconds later her horn began to glow with clear yellow light, then seconds later a similar glow appears on my sword and my armour however it soon fades and she announces “It can't be comfortable walking around or sleeping in that armour. So when you turn the sword into your instrument the armour will fade and you will see your normal clothes underneath or I guess now it may be that jacket.”

I then smiled at her, before I bowed to her and said “thank you that is very generous of you, it’s more than I deserve.”

I then heard Luna announce “we would also like to give you a gift, of our own,” before she lowered a small bag into my hand in her magic that faded almost instantly as I heard what seemed to be the faint sound of rattling of coins.

I then look back to Luna before I asked her “if I may be so bold as to ask, what is it inside?” Even though I had a fairly good idea of what the bag contained.

She then just smiled at me before she said “We have given you a few bits. We can't have you starve now, can we. There should be about one hundred and fifty bits in there.”

I then just smiled as I attached the pouch to my belt and said “thank you Luna. I am honestly glad to say that I met you. I honestly wouldn't be standing here right now if it wasn't for you both.” I then bowed to them before I stood up straight.

Celestia then looked at me before she asked “what's your plan now Craig?”

“Well, I plan to head back to Ponyville, finish adopting Scootaloo and then move into my house.”

“That will take a while. Are you sure you don't want a lift back?” Offered Celestia.

“Thank you for the offer but I'll probably get back faster by myself”

She then asked me “but Craig the Canterlot Express takes hours to reach Ponyville. I can get you there in almost and hour.”

I then heard Twilight say “to be honest Princess I believe he could get there even faster than you. He can teleport long distance with pinpoint accuracy and it only takes him seconds.”

“I would love to see that even me and my sister take minutes to cast a single spell to take us from here to Ponyville. I would like to track your spell and see how you move.”

I then smiled mischievously before I said “I would love to.” I then turned to everyone else and said “I will meet you all back in Ponyville. See you all later” I then turned back to Celestia and asked “are you ready?”

“I am ready when you are,” she replied her horn glowing.

I then placed two fingers on my forehead, closed my eyes and then focused on Ponyville before I instantly disappeared from in front of Celestia, Luna and the others.


I then instantly reappeared just outside of Ponyville and just smiled as I thought enough proof for you Celestia? I could only imagine her reaction when she felt where I had ended up.

I then heard Discord begin laughing before he said “Wish I could see Celestia's reaction I bet it was priceless.”

I then rolled my eyes before I said “anyway... we better head into town. Where do you think we should head first?”

“Well, I’d probably make my way to see the mayor first so I could get the papers signed for Scootaloo's adoption and get the keys to the house, that way you can at least drop your things off before then, you’d also need to get your bags from Applejack’s.”

“Yeah I guess you're right.” I agreed before I said, “let's go.” With that we began to make our way into town.

As I began to walk through town all I could see was all the nearby ponies staring at me as I faintly heard them whisper “it's him, the one who saved us yesterday.” while others whispered “I hear the mayor's got him to perform for us on some occasions.” along with others slowly backing away in fear.

I then stopped which caused all of them to stop what they were doing before I said “If you want to ask me questions you can just talk to me. I would like to meet new ponies being I'm living in town soon.”

Seconds later I saw a small mint green unicorn walk towards me who said “Thank you my name is Lyra. Lyra Heartstrings,” she then looked up at me and said quickly “are you a human?” before looking away.

I then smirked as I began to think wow I guess the fandom called that one right I then said to Lyra “Yes, yes I am Miss Heartstrings. Living your ultimate fantasy are you. Let me guess your next question is going to be about my hands” I said as I presented them to her.

She then quickly grabbed them and said “these are amazing. I've read about humans in the past and heard about them walking on two legs, and having hands instead of hooves.”

We then heard a voice behind Lyra say “Lyra you're such a fan mare sometimes.” I then looked towards the voice to see an earth pony with a cream coat and a two tone pink and blue mane and tail. she then turned to me and said “I’m sorry about her she can get a bit carried away at times.” She then put one of her hooves out and said “my names Bon-Bon what's yours?”

I then pulled one of my hands away from Lyra as I shook her hoof and said “My names Craig. It's a pleasure to meet both of you.” I then stopped shaking her hoof and asked her “you wouldn't mind showing me to the town hall, I don't really know my way round town just yet.”

Bon-Bon then just smiled at me before she said “No problem it's on the way to Sugarcube Corner we'll show you the way there.”

“Thank you it's very much appreciated”

I then heard Lyra say “Well you said that your new, can’t have you travel around alone can we.”

“Thanks whilst we walk I may end up playing music. Do you mind”

To this I heard them say “no problem”

Lyra then added “I'd prefer if you did to be honest.”

“Okay then whist we are walking I will perform some music for you” With that we began to walk up the street as I performed an acoustic cover of Somebody to you By The Vamps.

Once we reached the Town hall I turn around to see both Bon-Bon and Lyra smiling as I bowed, before I heard a group of ponies around us applauding me.

A few seconds later I turned around as I heard the sound of someone coughing to see the mayor smiling as she said “You haven't changed at all. Still pleasing crowds and you're not even on a stage yet.”

“Thank you for the complement. Mind if I come in?”

“Not at all” She replied.

I then turned to Lyra and Bon-Bon and said “Thank you for helping me get here. I'm sure we'll see eachother again.”

“I’m sure we will,” Lyra replied before they waved to me then continued to walk toward Sugarcube Corner. Before I turned back around and began to follow Mayor mare into the town centre.


As soon as I entered her office I looked around as she said “Please take as seat.”

I then looked at the small stool and said apologetically “I’m afraid I have to decline. I hate to say it but if I sat on that I'd most likely end up breaking it.” As I knelt down infront of the desk.

She then nodded to me before she said “fair point. Anyway, I guess you're here to take me up on my offer to give you a house in return for performing on some occasions.”

“You guessed correctly. How could I reject such a fair offer, anyway what is it you need me to do to get the ball rolling?”

She then passed me a scroll, opened it and said “you’ll just need to sign here, here and here and produce a document to show us who you are.”

“Well here’s my authentication documentation,” I replied as I passed her the scroll I was given previously before I then smiled at her and said, “I’ve never used a quill and ink before.” I then closed my eyes as a ballpoint pen appeared in my hand, before I asked her “do you mind if I use this instead?”

“No problem whatever you are comfortable with.” she replied strangely unfazed by my powers.

I then carefully read each section of text until I was satisfied and then signed each section as I was requested.

After I had signed the last section the mayor took the scroll back, rolled it back up and put it on a shelf behind her desk. She then passed me a set of keys and said “these should get you into your new home.”

“Thank you.” I then looked at the scroll she was holding and asked her “is it possible for me to sort out the adoption papers whilst I'm here as well?”

She then smirked before she said, “Well the document you gave me earlier is more than sufficient to allow us to finish off the paperwork along with the fact that you now have a home for her to go to.” She then passed me the scroll I got from Shining Armour back before she said “you have very powerful friends Craig, you know that.”

She then passed me another scroll before she said “You just need to sign here and here and then everything will be in order once I bend the system.”

With that I once again read everything on the scroll and then signed where I was instructed on each scroll. Once I had finished she took the scrolls off me, rolled it up and put it on the same shelf as before she passed me another scroll and said “Congratulations you are now the legal guardian of Miss Scootaloo.”

I then take the scroll from her and say “Once again thank you for everything”

She then smiled before she said “you are very welcome. You may want this as well” she added as she spread a map of the town out on the table as I saw a circle around a house that I assumes was mine. She then pointed to the circle and said “this is where your house is, if you get lost just go to carousel boutique and Rarity will show you where to go.”

I then stood back up before I bowed to her and announced “thank you for your... generosity.”

She then replied “I was glad to help. Anyway when I need you perform I will post you a letter. I look forward to your first performance.”

I then shook her hoof, before I walked out of her office and out of the Town Hall before I proceeded to levitate off the ground before I made my way towards the Schoolhouse.


A few minutes later I landed in a field just outside of schoolhouse before I sat down as Discord appeared next to me looking like a pony and said “you're having a good day aren't you.”

“Yeah you know what I feel like singing... Is that normal in Equestria?” I asked him.

To this, he smiled and said, “yes I'm afraid it is normal.” He then continued to say “I can tell what you're thinking of singing by chance is it It's a Beautiful Day by Michael Buble?”

“Nearly, It’s a cover of it.”

“Well then fire away,” chuckled Discord.

I then just smiled before I simply said “Okay then.” with that I just closed my eyes as a wireless microphone appears attached to my head along with some speakers resting just behind us before seconds later I began to perform an acoustic version of Michael Buble’s It’s A Beautiful Day.

Once I finished I looked up to see a group of foals and a mare looking at me before I said “sorry.”

I then heard three voices shout “Craig!”

Then before I could work out who shouted me I was knocked to the floor. I then looked up see Sweetie Bell, Scootaloo and Applebloom on top of me as I began to laugh before I said “can I sit up?”

I then heard the mare say “that's enough girls let him up.”

I then heard all three of them say “sorry Miss Cheerilee” with that the three of them climbed off of me at sat beside of me.

I then looked to the Mare to see that she had a cherry red coat and a two tone pink mane before I said “I'm sorry about interrupting your class.”

She then smiled before she said “it was no problem. Besides they were all just coming outside for a break and we heard you singing. We were all curious on who it was and came to take a look.”

“Well, it's good that I didn't interrupt any learning. Anyway, I actually wanted to talk to Scootaloo, well to be more accurate show her something.” I then reached into my pocket and got out the scroll the mayor gave me and handed it to Scootaloo and then said “You may be interested in what it says.”

With that, she opened it and then began to read it, before stopping and then began to read the last bit out loud “you are now the legal guardian of Scootaloo.” She then stared at me before she ran up to me, and hugged my legs before she said “you're my dad.”

We then heard the sound of someone sniggering from the group of foals before I calmly said “Scootaloo mind letting go of me for a second.” She then nodded to me before letting go of me before I stood up and said “Diamond Tiara. Silver Spoon. I want a word with you.”

With that I saw two earth pony foals step out of the crowd, One of them had a pink coat along with violet and white hair and was wearing what looked to be a silver tiara whist the other had a gray coat along with a gray two-toned mane and tail who was wearing a pair of glasses. They then both stopped in front of me before the first one who I knew was Diamond Tiara said “What do you want?”

“Has nopony ever taught you any manners?” I asked in surprise, “I would expect a filly who is the daughter of Mr Rich to show some respect to their elders.”

She then just looked at me and said “Yes he did.”

“Well, then I would like to say one thing to you. I don't take kindly to bullying, especially when it's towards my family.”

With this, the second foal who I knew was Silver Spoon began to walk backwards away from me as Diamond Tiara said, “Yeah so who have I been bullying?”

“My daughter and her friends for one, tell me does this sound right?” I then mimicked her and said “Nice try blank flank!” I then crossed my arms and said “When you say that you don't only insult them but you also insult my entire race, my kind can never get a Cutie Mark.”

As I said that I saw Miss Cheerilee's and the rest of the classes eyes go wide before I continued to say “What else have you two said to them? I believe it was something like the problem is, I mean, she's like, totally not special?” I then looked towards Silver Spoon before to see she had lowered her head before I said “When you said that to them you were saying there is nothing special about any of my race. You think I am happy being called talentless?”

“No, you blank flank!” She shouted as everyone backed away from us leaving just Diamond Tiara in front of me.

“Let's prove a point then, shall we. I’d watch carefully.” I then clenched both of my hands before I opened them to reveal a red orb in my right hand a blue orb in the other I the launch both hands upwards as a fireball ignited from my right hand and flew upwards with blue wave of lightning following just behind it, before they collided and exploded like fireworks. I then turned back to them and said “I am not a unicorn but I can use magic.” I then began to levitate off the ground and hovered there and said “I can fly but I'm not a pegasus.” I then lower myself to the ground in front of her before I grabbed my guitar and turned it into my sword as my armour appeared under my coat and continued say “I am trained to wield a sword.” before quickly turning it back into a guitar before I asked her “So I'll ask you again am I not special because from where I stand I can safely say that I am more special than you.” I then stop and took a breath before I announced “yet I am how did you say it a talentless blank flank?”

Diamond Tiara then stepped back away from before she frantically said “I'm sorry. I was wrong blank flanks do have talents. Please don't hurt me.”

I then turned back to Cheerilee and said “I'm sorry about that but I felt like I had to address that before she started talking like that to me.”

“It's no problem.” She admitted before walking up to me as she whispered “She had it coming for a while but I never had any evidence to prove what they were up to.”

I then walked up to Diamond Tiara and knelt down infront of her and said “I'm sorry about how I reacted. I have issues with bullies since they caused a lot of problems for me. I needed to prove a point that it's not right to treat ponies differently because of who they are. I hope you can forgive me.”

“No you're a horrible freak!” Diamond Tiara shouted back.

My eye then began to twitch before I muttered “you aren't worth my time. You know if I wasn't or the fact I have just had a hectic day yesterday I would have scared you more than I did a minute ago.”

I then heard a voice next to me say “even if she doesn't forgive you sir. I do.” I then turned to see Silver Spoon smiling before she glared at Diamond Tiara and said “you know I've heard a few things about this creature Diamond. You do realise that he saved us all yesterday?”

“What are you on about it was the elements that stopped that creature yesterday.”

I then shook my head and said “No the creature that attacked yesterday corrupted them. I had to step in and stop him alone.”

She then went silent before she said “that's a lie, nopony can defeat an enemy like that alone.”

Scootaloo then walked up to her and said “it's not a lie. I was there, he threw himself right into the line of fire and distracted that creature whilst I escaped. But I didn't run away, and instead I watched him toy with the creature and single-handedly beat it. My dad is powerful and I'm glad he's here.”

I then smiled at her before I said “thank you Scoots but please don't call me dad just call me Craig. If you call me dad it makes me feel old.”

“How old are you?” asked Diamond Tiara.

“Believe it or not I'm only eighteen.”

They then all stared at me and Diamond Tiara “that can't be right you look about thirty.”

I then laughed then said, “man now I feel old.”

I then then heard everyone began to laugh before Diamond Tiara said “OK I forgive you. You're not as bad as I thought.”

“Thank you, Miss Tiara”

Cheerilee then walked up beside me before she asked me “Craig, would you mind doing another performance for us?”

“It would be an honour to perform for you if you don't mind can I have a moment to talk work out what to perform?”

“Of course we wouldn't want you to pick an awful song.”

“Thank you” I then shut my eyes and asked Discord wh had disappeared when I started singing before “Got a song in mind?”

“No have you?”

“Yeah you should be able to tell I'm thinking of the name now.”

“An acoustic cover of Don’t you worry Child by Swedish House Mafia. Yeah that would work.” He admitted.

I then opened my eyes and said “I've got a song for you.”

Cheerilee then nodded to me before she said “Okay then.” she then turned to the foals and told them “Okay class we have a special performance by our guest here.”

They all then turned to look at me before I smiled and said “Well then… I guess I've got an audience, okay then I will performing a song called Don’t You Worry Child.

Once I finished performing I bowed to everyone before I heard them begin to cheer before I heard them begin to shout “One more song!” over and over.

I then rubbed the back of my head before I thought what else do I know, that would be suitable for kids? I then smiled before I said “Okay I've got one more, it’s called The Days,” I admitted before I began to strum the first few notes.

Once I finished the song I was once again greeted with cheering before I before one again bowing to them before they each walked up to me before thanking me before walking back towards the school.

Miss Cheerilee then said “thank you for doing that. We will finish in around an hour you can come and pick Scootaloo up then”

“Okay, then and thank for allowing me to perform for you.”

“The pleasure was all mine. It was nice to meet you, Scootaloo deserves a good father. Look after her,” replied Cheerilee.

“Will do. Oh and tell Scootaloo if I'm not here at the end of the day to go home with Applebloom.”

“I will pass the message on for you” with that Cheerilee walked back into the schoolhouse before I began to float into the air before I flew off towards Sweet Apple Acres.


Once I reached Sweet Apple Acres I looked around to see Big Mac trying to fix the fields after the fiasco the day before.

Once I got closer to him he turned to look at me before I asked him “So… you're dealing with the mess from yesterday?”

“Eyupp”

“You want me to stay quiet about what I saw happening?”

“Eyupp”

“Do you remember where Applejack put my stuff?” I asked him.

“Eyuup, I’ll get em for ya,” Big Mac replied before he made his way towards the house.

I then looked around the field he had been working in before I muttered “I have time.” I then brought my hands together before multiple clones appeared around me before somehow managing to use my powers as effectively as I could as they created shovels and began using the dirt to fill in the holes before others manipulated the land around them to allow him to replow the fields easily.

Once Big Mac got back outside he looked at me and the clones in surprise before he stuttered out “Wha…”

I then smiled before I said “Sorry about the surprise, I wanted to help to fix this mess so you can get everything fixed quicker.”

He then looked at the clones before he said “Those are,”

“Clones… yes. Well temporary clones of myself,” I admitted before they bowed to us before disappearing. I then looked to Big Mac before I continued to say “Well, hopefully, this will allow you to get everything back on track,” as I walked over to him as he passed me my bags which I promptly threw over my shoulders.

I then smiled before I said “Thanks for the help, if you need me at any time ask and I'll try and help you.” I then quickly placed two fingers on my forehead before I disappeared leaving Big Mac confused.


“Right then, what house number am I” I then looked at the map I was given to see that the number three was written over the house that was circled. I then looked at the house over the road from me and muttered “fuck my life” as I saw that my house was right over from Carousel Boutique.

I then heard Discord say “It's not that bad”

“Yeah, I guess. At least Scootaloo is near Sweetie Bell. I'll just need to deal with Rarity constantly trying to get me to try out some new clothes.”

“Oh well, at least you'll get new clothes on the cheap.”

“Fair point. Let's go inside and see what we have,” with that we walked inside and saw that not only is the place well furnished but had everything we need. I then smirked as I thought now If only we had electricity I'd be set.

“To be fair with you being able to learn instantly you create create solar panels or a wind turbine?” pointed out Discord.

“Discord if I made a wind turbine it would be Kenny from South Park for a lot of pegasi.

To this Discord said, “Oh my god we killed Rainbow Dash.”

“No just no. That is overused. Let's just drop my laptop and bag off and see if the girls are back yet they should be at the train station soon.”

With that we walked upstairs to what appeared to be a bedroom. As we step inside we saw that just like the rest of the house it is well furnished with a bed that actually looks like I could sleep in it comfortably along with a desk against one of the wall and beside it a cabinet. I then walked towards the cabinet and put my bags inside it.

I then looked towards the desk and saw a letter on the side.

As I picked up the letter I noticed a message was written on back that read “A gift from a friend” I then opened it, and tipped it up to see a chain necklace fall into my hands that as I looked closer had the letter C attached to the chain. I then reached into my pocket and got out my token, closed my eyes I then looked back at my token to see a small loop had appeared on the hilt of the blade.

I then proceed to unclip the chain and thread it through the loop on the token before reaching. I then put the necklace over my head as the token rested against my chest.

I then walked out of the room, down the stairs and out of the front door. Once I was outside I locked the door and then begin to fly towards the train station.